Gerard Butler GALS

June's Crosstitch Artwork Part #7

irish

Some of June's beautiful artwork:

th_Phantom3_zps13ea15ed.jpgth_AvatarPrem_zps091684dc.jpgth_IMG_0034_zpsf29ba9b0.jpg

th_Image0473_zps685d4644.jpgth_IMG_0057_zpsa90a43a2.jpg

And this baby is mine!!!

th_IMG_0083_zpsaecdf9dc.jpg

And here's a picture of June's latest masterpiece in progress:

th_IMG_0098_zps1a1d10e5.jpg

Enjoy GALS and watch a master at work!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT SAMPLES of June's beautiful work!!! Thanks Sue for posting them and starting a new thread. June is a true artist. I love watching her work come alive!!!

Thank you, June for sharing your work with all of us!!! :highfive:

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Sue

Woweee, love the post, thank you so much, it looks great, I will have to find a few charts to post.

Thanks Sue, I love it.

th_phscan.jpg

th_Shattered1scan0002.jpg

th_DFscan.jpg

th_Icon3.jpg

th_BHNYC770013.jpg

th_scan00012.jpg

th_scan0002.jpg

These are some of the lesser seen charts

Thanks again Sue, a good start

Hugs

June

Hi Kathy

I guess we were posting at the same time, looking good eh

Hugs

June

Hi Sue

Woweee, love the post, thank you so much, it looks great, I will have to find a few charts to post.

Thanks Sue, I love it.

th_Icon3.jpg

Hugs

June

Hi Kathy

Hugs

June

OH, June! I really like the chart pic above. LOVE the look!!! Short hair too!!! :cunning:

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Sue

Thanks Sue, I love it.

th_Icon3.jpg

Hugs

June

Hi Kathy

Hugs

June

OH, June! I really like the chart pic above. LOVE the look!!! Short hair too!!! :cunning:

~HUGS~ Kathy

Kathy - I definitely agree with you on this - he looks sooooo good.

th_Icon3.jpg

Bonnie

These are two of my favorites - and, of course, the one I have in my bedroom! They are all, all, all fantastic......

Thanks, Miss June, for sharing your talent with us.

th_AvatarPrem_zps091684dc.jpgth_IMG_0034_zpsf29ba9b0.jpg

Wow - what did I just do - my second post is attached to my first - hark! Will the third post also be attached............?? :bonk:

Bonnie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gals

just to let you know that i am still working on Gerry, he is nearly there but not quite done yet, I got Darrell to take a picture with his super duper phone, he looks a lot better on this phone, the ring marks are from the hoops I use.

th_10578382_10152219021350913_262834503_

Just a teaser, hehehe

HUgs

June

June...I am always amazed and in awe of how you can get an exact expression so perfectly with cross stitch. It is just spot on! This is a beauty and I can't wait to see it finished and washed. It will be amazing and so well worth all of your work!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Kathy

I cant wait for you to see him finished, that will mean I am finished hehehe. This is the hardest one I have done, so many colours. I will be so glad when I can post him again all finished, it dose look more like a painting than a cross stitch, there does seem to be so much more detail in it.

Thanks for your comments Kathy, glad you like him

Hugs

June

Hi Bonnie

Thanks for your lovely comments, I have now finished that page in the picture and I am on to page 9 of 12, hopefully will not be too long now.

Hugs

June

Hi Sue

Thanks for you comments, to be quite honest with you, I dont know how I do it myself, this one especially has been really hard and once or twice it has nearly gone out the window, but perseverance (which is not my middle name) has won through in the end, now I cant wait to get him completed. Hehehe. Oh for the simple days when it was just a case of needle in and needle out.

I think deep down I am pleased with this one, looks real.

Thanks Sue

Hugs

June

my dear June if perserverance isn't your middle name it has to be your first name!!!! You're amazing!

June, you have the patience of a Saint. You have to when you do cross stitch. It is so long before you see the finished picture come to life before your eyes. This one is well worth the wait and well worth your sticking with it.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Gals

Sue,

I will keep going, by hook or by crook, I will finish this beauty.

Tammy

thank you so much for your wonderful comments, glad you like the latest teaser.

So glad to see you back here.

Kathy,

you make me feel good, just keep doing what you are doing hehehe

Big Hugs

June

Edited by Arwen

well here he is, I think this is the longest it has taken me, I know its one of the hardest, but deep down I think it may be the best.

Comments please

th_IMG_0100_zpsaccd7ccc.jpg

His face markings dont look so prominent on the real one.

Hugs

June

Edited by Arwen

PERFECT and GORGEOUS, June!!! Well worth all of the work with that beautiful hair. His face is like a picture of Gerry. Amazing how you can make something look so realistic. I know this was a tough one but the finished project turned out amazingly. You are such a talent!!!!! Thanks for sharing this lovely piece with all of us!!! Now hang this beauty up and ENJOY!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Kathy

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, looking at him now it looks so big, think its the biggest I have done. I have spent the evening sorting out silks for my next project.

I have been experimenting lately and I have managed to do a few cross stitch charts of my own, the only problem is I cannot get good pictures of Gerry that dont have a background, havent figured how to get rid of backgrounds as yet. I still have plenty of charts but not new pictures of Gerry. Hehehe, upwards and onwards, silks are ready, aida material is ready, chart is ready, so I guess its all systems go again.

Hugs

June

Hey June - you brought him to life again. How was it when you bathed him? :leo: :D

Seriously - it's great. His eyes are amazing and the grey showing in his temples. When you're doing a cross-stitch, do you keep the photo where you can refer to it? How was the grey mingled into his hair? Did you stop at a certain place and use a new (different color) silk? Goodness - you do have patience,........June.

Hugs

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie

Thank you for your comments on my latest cross stitch, no I didnt change colours, I just tried to lighten the colours that were too dark, I normally dont check the picture until have finished a certain area, then its amazing to see how even hairs out of place are in the right place, they sure were good chart makers and I miss them.

Upwards and onwards

Hugs

June