Gerard Butler GALS

Prayers for Suzie's (Texas Gramma) son, David

Just wanted to let you all know that Suzie's son, David, is in the hospital with a massive internal infection of an unknown origin. He has a high fever and is unable to keep any medications, fluids, or food down, so he's receiving IV antibiotics and fluids. He also has a severe migraine headache, and is receiving medication to try to control the pain. They've run a bunch of tests, but so far, have not determined the source of the infection. We need to call up the GALS Prayer Brigade on his behalf.

14-4.gif to David! Please Lord help the doctors to determine what is causing David's infection and where it is coming from and Dear Lord show them how to make him well. Prayers will go out until he is well again. My thoughts are also with Suzie and her family. God Bless!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Update: David is still in the hospital and tests are on-going. He now has developed Bell's Palsy. Meningitis and stroke have been ruled out. CT scan, MRI, MRA, all normal. He is still receiving pain medications for headache and backache. The doctors still have been unable to identify the source of the infection. Please continue to pray.

Thank you, Elissa for the update! So frustrating that they can't find out what is causing all of this. Prayers will continue for sure. I'm also praying for the whole family. It must be so stressful for them. God Bless!

~HUGS~ Kathy

It's beginning to appear David may be suffering from West Nile Virus. He remains in the hospital where he underwent a spinal tap and steroid shots. He is still suffering from bilateral Bell's Palsy (both sides of his face) though one side is improving. It's going to be a long haul for him. I can't tell you how much we appreciate the continued prayers.

Hugs,

Suzie

David's spinal tap results came back as viral encephalitis most likely caused by West Nile. Now that Drs. know what they are dealing with, they know how to treat it. He is showing signs of improvement and can almost smile. He has a long way to go, but he's a fighter! Prayers are sooo appreciated.

Hugs,

Suzie

Suzie, I am so sorry to hear about what David is going through, what you are going through as a Mom. My prayers are with your family. I am glad he was diagnosed, because that's the first step for getting better. Thank you God. They can get him on the road to healing. I can't even imagine what you have been through. I only know to keep the faith.

We know the master healer, and we can all pull on his ear a bit. He will hear us daily, morn noon and night, hourly, every time we think about it. It is amazing what prayer can do.

Love you,

Sally

I'm glad that the doctors know what they are dealing with now but please know that I continue to send up prayers of healing for David and prayers of comfort for you. I'm sure it's a scary time.

Much love to you, Suzie, and your family.

All my best,

Jilly :rose:

David's spinal tap results came back as viral encephalitis most likely caused by West Nile. Now that Drs. know what they are dealing with, they know how to treat it. He is showing signs of improvement and can almost smile. He has a long way to go, but he's a fighter! Prayers are sooo appreciated.

Hugs,

Suzie

You can count on us for LOTS of prayers. I just finished one and will continue. Thank God they know what they are dealing with so they can treat David now. Love that he is showing signs of improvement, always a good sign.

~HUGS~ Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm responding late; I apologize so much; my friend Sue; I will keep praying for you; David and all of your family. I am so thankful that David has been improving. God is good and He will continue to guide his Doctors and hold David up and place His healing hand upon him. Our Heavenly Father is also wrapping His Love and Strength around each of you.

Jim and I are send you all our Love; Hugs; Strength; Friendship; Support and our Prayers,

Tammy