Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrom (GALS).........Continued

Texas gramma

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy New Year, GALS! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! We had very nice Christmas and New Year celebrations. It was great to have our holidays back to normal after Bill's illness and hospital stay last year.  

Hugs to all!

Yay...just figured out how to change my font color....

Glad to hear that Bill is back to normal Elissa .... my holidays were good ... Christmas Eve at my brother's and Christmas Day at my son's.  From the day I first married Bryan's dad back in 1972 until 3 years ago Christmas Eve was always at my house with all our family and friends and than Christmas Day I made the big meal for immediate family.....so it's kinda nice now to GO someplace and get waited on for a change...lol. 

Let's make a pact sisters of my heart...let's make 2017 the year we come back here and start posting.  It seems such a shame to not use this wonderful site to keep in touch!

th_gerryseyes.gif

• 5 weeks later...

:hello:

Thanks to Bonnie for flagging the problem with posting to many of the Forum areas.  The last upgrade severely messed with the permissions and other areas of the Control Panel. There was no info on why...and we still need another upgrade! Ugh!!   If anyone finds a glitch please email or PM me and I'll see if I am able to fix it. Some things I can't do, such as apply new themes and plug-ins (the missing parts of the old forum like the Shout Box, Gerry graphics, color of the page, etc.).

So how is everyone?! :D The weather sure is wacky in the U.S. - we had a real 'snow day' today, here in Connecticut! Everything was closed, about a foot of snow so far. Can't complain, though. New Orleans got a bashing and Idaho and Wyoming are flooded and frozen...it's awful.. Prayers for all who are in a bad spot.

Gerry's sure busy with all the new projects announced!

And how about the rough/tough look for "Den of Thieves"....he looks fierce! :lol:

Hi all,

The weather has been wacky all over the world. While the US has been having cold and snow in unusual amounts and unusual places, here in Australia we've been having unusual hot and humid weather where it shouldn't be.  We live in southern NSW where it's normally a mild temperate climate.  This year's summer is as if we live in the tropics with afternoon storms, humidity in the high 80% and multiple days over 35 degrees Celcius (Around the 90F) and several near or over the 100F.  

Thanks Bonnie for bringing up the inability to post.  I was trying to figure out how to let people know when your post arrived.  Thanks Becozy for fixing it.

I've been away far too long but I keep uo with all of Gerry's news and projects and still have all his movies as soon as they are out in DVD.  I love it when he get's that tough look, reminds me of several other roles including Beowulf.

I hope you are all well and look forward to catching up,

Cat

The weather in sunny California has been WET to say the least...but after so many years of drought it isn't a totally bad thing....but it is causing a lot of flooding and some major destruction .... I feel totally to blame.  If only I hadn't torn out all of my grass and put in a total drought resistant front yard in December :p!

Cat, it's been so long!!!  So good to see you!

Hi Barb, yeah, he definitely looks rough and tough in this one!

Bonnie, I was told be Elissa the other day that you responded to my last post but it was in a different topic area.  I didn't see it.  I'm sorry!!

I so hope all of our GALfriends will come back here and share in the gerryjuice!

th_Imadeagif.gif

th_tr-5.gif

hugs,

Sue

Hey, is it hot in here or what???:heat:

Great to see you again, Cat! :)

Gotta run for now, I have a board meeting of the Harp & Shamrock Society of Texas this evening and I have to get ready. I'm both 2nd Vice President and the membership chair. Am I crazy or what? Don't answer that! :D 

Sue is right! Facebook is no substitute for the forum! Spread the word to get others to come back!

I understand Elissa....I don't know what I was thinking when I signed up for all I'm involved in...lol.  SafeQuest Solano Secretary of the Board of Directors, Paradise Valley Homeowners Association Secretary of the Board of Directors, Soroptimist International of Central Solano County Membership Chair and Committee Chair of our local Assist A Grad Scholarship program  :fook: .... well, it keeps me off the streets anyway.

Some more enticing pictures:

th_thcapeswishing88.gif

th_ZZZ.gif

th_Humina3long.gif

Now...how can facebook compete with that???

hugs,

Sue

Oh - this is so much fun - reading posts and seeing pics.     I'm not on Facebook - but I agree - this is the best place to be..........Yay

Oh, and thanks for posting these gorgeous pics ........hehehe

Hugs

Bonnie

I'm so happy.........:metoyou::stranger:

I totally agree it's nice to be back.  Hi all :wave:

I don't suppose you all remember that I retired some years back.... well, it didn't last long.  I've been teaching Project Management at Diploma level and also got involved in IT project managing on a part-time bases.  Add that to being Treasurer for a writers annual conference, Conflux 13 this year, having several stories published, a book with an agent for review and another book being written, and yes, I've been a bit busy too.  I don't think the agent will take the book but the feedback will help with this next one.  Still deciding on whether to self-publish.

So I see life for all of us is moving in busy and positive directions.

I love Gerry with longer hair so...

images.jpg

Thanks for all the pics, Sue.........what is it about this guy?   I tried to post the first one (where he's on the boat - being Mrs. Muir's Ghost) - but was instructed to remove it....so I did - but only from my post - not yours.

Hugs

Bonnie

P.S.  I wanted to also respond to Terry's Witch - but (today) I can only respond to the last message posted.

Edited by BlueJean

Hi Bonnie, just reply as usual because I read all the posts :-)

I think we all agree there is something about Gerry that leaves a lasting impression. 

So for a bit of a giggle at my expense. Day before yesterday I was cleaning up around the pool after heavy rain and a windstorm - the leaves from the gum trees are a nuisance.  So I pulled a muscle in my back and have been quite incapacitated since.  Better today but I feel like such a dummy because it wasn't anything like a fall or something, just bending down to pick up leaves.  *sigh*.  But it gave me time in front of the telly so I decided to rewatch Phantom and Beowolf and Grendel. I still had time so I took my other favourite, Timeline and put that on.  I was quite grumpy when visitors arrived LOL. Luckily the visitors were fun people *phew*.

Hope you're all well,

Hugs

Cat

Oh Cat...ouch!  Unfortunately sometimes just bending over can cause more back damage than a car accident that totals out your car!  I was told that by my orthopedic surgeon when I spent almost a month in traction when I was in my 20's for just turning my head around the wrong way to get a phone....at least you got some Gerry juice out of it!  I hope you are feeling better soon. 

hugs,

Sue

I hear ya, Cat and Sue! Spending too much time leaning over doing close work wrecked my neck yesterday. After Thursday night's meeting, I had a ton of work to do on Harp & Shamrock membership records. We're in annual membership renewal season and I had been putting off organizing and updating some paper work. Although I have everything on Word and Excel documents, I keep a physical paper binder as a backup. I didn't realize how long I had been bending over until I stood up. Had to take Aleve at bedtime! I hate getting old! 

Here's a little bit of Erik to make us all feel better, :pantingheart: click on the thumbnails for full size.

th_forgottenangelwp.jpg

th_organwp.jpg

th_nowlviolinwp.jpg

th_belongwp.jpg

th_Erik___the_romantic_phantom_by_phan.j

Hi Elissa...so glad you came out to play with Erik!!!

It certainly isn't for sissies!!!  It's the second day in a row that we've had sun and no rain....

https://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=video+of+Lake+Oroville+spill&s_it=video-ans&sfVid=true&videoId=595B68354BCBDD33C286595B68354BCBDD33C286&v_t=webmail-searchbox

This is video of the Lake Oroville spillway north of me that have collapsed because of all the rain ......  bad news on one hand but on the other ... we so needed the rain and our lakes and rivers are almost full again.  And I have to take full responsibility for it....in December right before Christmas I finally did it....used all the money I had and had all of my grass removed and went to total rock gardens and drought resistant plants (the Irish luck).

Think I'll play with Marek:

timeline1.gif

th_08.jpg

th_0584.jpg

th_0023c.jpg

th_darlinggerry.jpg

hugs,

Sue

Gosh - lots of chatting here - yay!

Sue - I just got a printed message telling me to remove it - here's the pic I posted - I'll see if it works this time:   Okay - a dark grey line appears at bottom of the message space and says to "remove formated material".     I assumed it was from Gals mods or something.    Doesn't really say.     But it's OK - cause your copy is showing.......:p

My pic for the day (make sure you click on it cause it's a beauty) :pantingheart:

th_10295014_555738837925663_379175155285