Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrom (GALS).........Continued

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, everyone! It's a big load off my mind!

Hope you're all having a safe, happy Halloween! We're planning to watch Dracula 2000 and take turns going to the door to hand out candy.

th_HappyHalloweenSpiderHat-vi-1.gif

Bill and I are both fighting off colds! :sick2: This is the time of year we almost always get sick! The temperatures here vary from sweater-weather to air-conditioning needed in the same day! Add the rain we've had lately, and it's an almost certainty that one of all three of us will get a cold. Bill finally got approval for his knee braces, so he has an appointment with the orthopedic doctor to be measured for them tomorrow. I imagine it will be a few more weeks before he has the braces because they will have to be ordered.

Beachie-that is a gorgeous siggy!

Elissa, LOVE your Birthday siggy!!!! Hope you and Bill feel better quickly!!!

It is 85 degrees here (Florida) with 75% humidity. Way too warm for me and also from my living in the mountains of Colorado I am not used to humidity AT ALL. Tampa Bay broke a record of 92 yesterday for that day in history.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Beachie, your siggy is wunnerful! That was one of my favorite interviews Gerry ever did.

Our nutso weather has been knocking the slats out of every one. One day it's cold and rainy, the next it is in the hugh 80s and humid. Then it gets windy, dry and hot then cold again. Then we have a deluge and flooding and tropical temperatures. We have a Blue Northern coming in next Tuesday when the temps drop 30 degrees in 90 minutes (or less). Why do we live here?

Oh well, at least it doesn't snow!

Loves ya,

Suzie

I finally got a new car on Wednesday! :yahoo: My old 2000 Mercury Villager finally gave up the ghost! It had major engine problems that would have cost at least $2,000 to fix! Here's my new baby! It's a 2008 Ford Escape. And how could I not have taken the deal? The salesman's name was ERIC! :fall:

th_525-1.jpg

th_525-2.jpg

Lookin' good, Elissa. I wish you many, many happy miles in your new car. Maybe you should call the car OG

Hugs

Bonnie

That's funny, Bonnie. I agree!!

Elissa, love that color on your car!! It's a beauty!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

OG, my lovely red car, is in the CarMax shop overnight. On the lot, before the test drive, I noticed the windshield had some road hazard damage (a hole and several starburst cracks.) As part of our negotiations, CarMax agreed to replace the windshield. Then, when we were getting ready to leave with the car, the salesman said they discovered the spare key didn't work, so they were going to reprogram it when we brought the car in for the windshield replacement. The test drive was perfect, but on the way home, we noticed a squeaking noise from the rear of the car. It continued to get worse over the weekend. Suzie rode with us to church on Sunday, and said it sounded like a cricket! Anyway, they heard the squeaking today at CarMax and are fixing that as well. The windshield is already in, and they had to replace the key. Hopefully, they'll find the cause of the squeak and eliminate it tomorrow! :)

Elissa's car is really cool. Very smooth ride - even with the cricket.

Things are pretty boring around here, nothing fun to report. I'm trying to figure out how to arrange things for Christmas and Thanksgiving without bringing mother here. She is always in such pain trying to get into and out of the car. And when she is here, she wants to go home because her routine is disrupted. The Alzheimer's is progressing but much more slowly than we feared. Her medications are helping, bless her. I think my brother and I will try to plan "Christmas" at Freedom House a couple of days before Christmas. That means I will probably spend the holiday by myself. Of well, I'm a big girl.

Sending hugs to all,

Suzie

Elissa's car is really cool. Very smooth ride - even with the cricket.

Things are pretty boring around here, nothing fun to report. I'm trying to figure out how to arrange things for Christmas and Thanksgiving without bringing mother here. She is always in such pain trying to get into and out of the car. And when she is here, she wants to go home because her routine is disrupted. The Alzheimer's is progressing but much more slowly than we feared. Her medications are helping, bless her. I think my brother and I will try to plan "Christmas" at Freedom House a couple of days before Christmas. That means I will probably spend the holiday by myself. Of well, I'm a big girl.

Sending hugs to all,

Suzie

Suzie, you brought back memories of my mother when she had Alzheimers. I brought her to my home for Christmas from the Lutheran Home where she lived and she kept telling me she had to go to the bank. I was worn out trying to keep her mind away from needing to leave for errands. That night I took her back to her "home" and thought this was it. I can't handle doing Christmas with family and keeping an eye out for my mother so she didn't walk away. It is hard to come to that realization but I had to make lots of changes along the way and discovered our lives had changed for good. My thoughts are with you this Holiday Season.

Elissa, hope your new baby is quiet and fixed.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Oh Kathy and Suzie...I can't even imagine how hard that must be.....my mother in law lived with us the last years of her life and while she had dementia that last year...she (thank You Lord) did not have Alzheimers disease ....and my mother and father died way too young ... so I've never had to deal with it....BUT that being said I have been thinking about it alot since I have now lived over a decade longer than my mother and a number of years longer than me dad. I have been looking at "long term care" and doing a "reverse mortgage" on my home...because being alone...that is a huge fear of mine...being a burden on Bryan....I DO NOT want that....so anyway in my spare time I am definitely searching out all of the possibilities....

I'm happy to say I got my car back yesterday and everything has been fixed! The cricket is deceased! Bill got his braces today and is getting used to them. I told him he looks like the Six Million Dollar Man!

Hi GALS - My mother also had Alzheimer's - and it was very difficult. I remember the last Christmas I brought her home. She was very confused and at times would become fearful because she didn't know where she was, who I was, etc.

Suzie - I would most likely be alone on Christmas Day also - come on over.

Hugs

Bonnie

I'm blessed, and so were my parents, in that neither of my parents had Alzheimer's or dementia, however, they both were younger than I am now when they died and ages 69 and 70. I know it must be very hard to see your parent or spouse deteriorate mentally in front of your eyes.

Suzie, you silly goose. You know you can come over here for Christmas! I'll send Bill or Erin to pick you up! You'll just have to put up with my cooking and our goofy animals! :p

Suzie and Bonnie, come to my house! We can to Napa Valley and go wine tasting and then spend Christmas Eve in Napa at my sons (who usually BBQ's lobsters) and then we'll go home and spend Christmas Day watching Gerry movies....a marathon~

Gee, guys, thanks for all the invitations. Wish there was more green in my wallet...hum, BBQed lobsters, Sue? SOO tempted.

Thank you, Elissa, I know I can go to your house. My plans aren't finalized yet, but I love you for reminding me.

Things are a little low here. Getting ready to mark the 10th Anniversary of losing my Gene on the 25th. Going to the cemetary with my son and his family on the 28th. Gene died the day after Thanksgiving, 2005. This holiday is always a bit hard to handle.

BUT, there is always tomorrow, right?

Hugs all around, Suzie