Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrom (GALS).........Continued

Texas gramma

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suzie, my thoughts are with you at this time. My mother lost my dad to cancer when she was 61. She never got over it and she lived until she was 80. My dad was only 69 when he died.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Suzie and Bonnie, come to my house! We can to Napa Valley and go wine tasting and then spend Christmas Eve in Napa at my sons (who usually BBQ's lobsters) and then we'll go home and spend Christmas Day watching Gerry movies....a marathon~

Sounds like a super time - or sipper time, I should say. Better be careful - we may take you up on that. Don't we just wish. I'd really like to be sitting with my two older great-grandchildren, Lillyana (8 YO) and Liam (6 YO) and reading The Night Before Christmas - and then the Night the Son was Born. I itch to sing the old Christmas carols. Now I'm getting all sentimental and dopey. And we haven't even had the sipper time yet!

Hugs

Bonnie (hic)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been in this thread for a while. Hope everyone is doing great! The holiday rush is truly upon us, and I've been shopping (mostly online) and decorating the house for Christmas. Erin is winding up her grad school semester. She has two papers due this week and an exam, but she still managed to help me put up the tree, arrange the nutcracker collection, and put up the outside lights on our balcony. Bill has had a big set-back with his arthritis pain. He's also having trouble using and adjusting to the braces. He hasn't been able to do much of anything beginning with Thanksgiving week. We see his orthopedic doctor again on Tuesday. Hope to get some helpful advice. I woke up Thanksgiving morning with a crick in my neck that hurt for a week! I can't really say any of the NSAID pain-relievers I took did any good. I tried applying heat, which didn't help. I finally got some relief applying ice to the area. Then, as suddenly as it came, it disappeared this week on Friday. Woke up Friday morning as if it had never happened.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on Bill (Pal Good Sport). The good news is, his knees are not hurting anymore, but he has been having more and more other physical problems which have made him miserable and kept him housebound upstairs since Thanksgiving. We have finally figured out that all those other problems are side effects of the NSAID medication he was prescribed for pain. Looking at the list of possible side effects, he is a textbook case! He's stopped all NSAIDs completely, and is beginning to feel better. We are continuing with our plans to move to the downstairs bedroom after the holidays so he won't have to go upstairs as much. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Elissa, glad that you figured out what Bill's problem is....wishing you and Bill and Erin a truly blessed Christmas!

And to all of my sisters on GALS:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/irishtyme/GALS%20gifs/holidays/Christmas/1760753qils69fgqd.gif

1760753qils69fgqd.gif

and

image002.gif

hugs,

Sue

• 2 months later...

Hey how about some action over here on the site. We all use Face Book but this site was your first love! I posted two jokes - stories in "Gerry's Golden Girls" and no replies or comments. This still is the best place for Gerry's news and for the girls to get together! Let's see some action!

Barbara - Lu - lugerry - Let the Dream Begin!!!

Did my civic duty and voted in the Super Tuesday Primary. I hope everyone does. No matter who you support, do your part! Our country is counting on you!

Love and hugs to all me girlies!! :wave:

• 3 weeks later...

So I was browsing photobucket today to find an Easter Siggy to put up (can't believe yesterday was St. Paddy's Day and Easter is only a little over a week away....

but anyway I came across this:

th_SueGerbear.jpg

I can't remember if Frannie or Cheryl or EM made it for me...but it certainly brought a smile to my face this lovely morning :pantingheart:

• 4 weeks later...

Ummmmm...look above dear Barbara....he is with me...he has his arm around me .... we're relaxing out in the backyard and he can't keep his hands off of me....uh huh...when.....

:pigsfly:

for both of us... :rotflmao:

th_CopyofP1020532-1-1-1.jpg

Sue, one of us has the wrong Gerry - it was such a beautiful day today we both went for a walk in Rittenhouse Square to rekindle our first meeting there

So.........Sue and Barbara, have either of your had the Annual Wellness Exam lately - the one where they say three common words and then ask you to remember and repeat the three words? I didn't think so.

Gerry and I are on a private island where you'll never find us.

:wetG:

Bonnie - you win - for at least the moment!

Sorry - haven't been touch - so busy trying to get my house in order since the painting. You don't realized just what you have to put back and just what you would like to change if you were a millionaire.

Hugs, Barbara