Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Character Survivor 2015

Lady Elissa

Oh dear, this really is hard. Based on how much I liked a particular production, I should have to say I feel a special soft spot for Chasing Mavericks, so I think I'll vote off sweet Johnnie and try to save Frosty!

There, I said it!

Suzie

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Suzie....how could you!! I thought this was to be Johnnie's year....... :tissues:

I vote to kick off King Leo....I know that this was the role that made Gerry's career go through the stratosphere BUT it was more to do with the Zak's special effects than with anyone's acting (in my humble opinion any way). There were a few scenes where I could feel Leo's emotion of course; but Johnnie made me hurt for him and route for him like few characters ever have.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

I'm with Sue, in my opinion Gerry did show more more acting ability in The Jury than he did in a lot of his later movies, he put so much into the role of Johnnie that he has to go through, sorry I have to vote off King Leo, its good bye.

June

Got your votes, Sue, Sarah, and June.

Ok. Here are my thoughts. All these remaining guys are great, but the part of King Leonidas made Gerry an A-lister. He put his heart, soul, and his physical well-being on the line for this part. Special effects with crap acting is just that. Crap. Without the outstanding acting of Gerry and the rest of the cast, 300 would have been a huge flop. The sequel was missing Gerry and other key cast members from the first film. Still had the artwork and special effects, but it flopped. Thinking back on the history of this tournament, considering the effect this role had on Gerry's career, and how much it meant to him, I'm surprised King Leonidas has never been given a place in the Hall of Champions. I didn't plan to say any of this until the final week, but since Leonidas is now in danger, it's time. For all the reasons above, I am saying goodbye th_TeamJohnnie.gif

Edited by Lady Elissa

Bottom line with Johnnie and Leonidas. Johnnie is a nice guy, but let's face it...he is far from being a strong man. He has a weakness he will fight all his life.

Leonidas is a king, a hero and the bravest of the brave. He deserves to win this final battle.

Gerry is a wonderful actor and his performance in both these films was stellar. However, 300 made him a STAR. His performance deserves to win this contest.
Of the remaining characters, all three of theses guys deserve to win, but I am casting my vote for the character who meant the most to G's career and to him personally.

:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

suzie

Gerry is a wonderful actor and his performance in both these films was stellar. However, 300 made him a STAR. His performance deserves to win this contest.

Of the remaining characters, all three of theses guys deserve to win, but I am casting my vote for the character who meant the most to G's career and to him personally.

suzie

:bite: Not so fast, Suzie. There's still another week to go to get to the final battle. Of the three characters remaining, (Johnnie, King Leonidas, or Frosty) the question is which two will survive this week to make it to the final showdown. :nervous:

I vote to send Leo home.

Gerry was a star way before Leo - with gobs of fans and fan sites before Leo. Time for Johnnie to win this competition.

And that's MY story and I'm sticking to it, too.

Bonnie

Edited by BlueJean

Got your vote, Bonnie. Yes, Bonnie, his early fans certainly knew who he was before 300. He was a star in our eyes, but the average person didn't know who he was before 300. I even had a shirt that said "Don't ask Gerry Who!" :D

I have that Gerry Who? shirt! I think it was the first one I bought. Every time we wore a Gerry shirt, people would ask that question.

Suzie

I have that Gerry Who? shirt! I think it was the first one I bought. Every time we wore a Gerry shirt, people would ask that question.

Suzie

Never mind the shirt! We got that question any time Gerry's name came up, especially if we had the mandolls with us. We do still get asked about the dolls, but when we say who the dolls represent, they know who he is.

FYI: We are now in a tie between Johnnie and King Leonidas. If the week ends in a tie, they will BOTH be booted the tournament will end a week early with Frosty as the Champion. Won't he be the crafty one?

Edited by Lady Elissa

I have two shirts - one says "Got Gerry?" and the other one says "Just call him Gerry"...........thud! I got them to wear to Curves.............I took all the pics I could copy from the computer and showed them who "Gerry" was.

Bonnie

A lot of the fans I "met" in my early Gerry days - knew Gerry from Attila and Dracula 2000. When B&G played at an art theater in Denver - Kathy and I sorta' met there - many fans went to every showing........we're talking B&G now. And when DF finally came out on DVD - 'twas not a copy to be found to rent at any of the video rentals - at least not in Loveland, CO.

I love this conversation - carry me away to the early days.......

I thought this was going to be easy this week and just vote off Frosty. But NO, I see people are going for the kill this week. So, here are my feelings. "300" was Gerry's big stepping stone to becoming an a-lister. He was an unknown to many in Hollywood and most, other than GALS, did not like his movies UNTIL "300". Gerry suffered with that body building and after filming he injured himself by starting a movie, "Shattered" right away and didn't continue his workouts to slow down the bulkiness to lessen damage. Gerry gives his all in each movie he does but he sure out did himself in "300". He was spectacular in that role and we are only voting on his character and not the movie he was in. Leonidas deserves a Game Championship. I think Gerry would agree to that. My second best would be Johnnie but since I have to save Leonidas I am voting OFF....TeamJohnnie.gif

~HUGS~ Kathy

A lot of the fans I "met" in my early Gerry days - knew Gerry from Attila and Dracula 2000. When B&G played at an art theater in Denver - Kathy and I sorta' met there - many fans went to every showing........we're talking B&G now. And when DF finally came out on DVD - 'twas not a copy to be found to rent at any of the video rentals - at least not in Loveland, CO.

I love this conversation - carry me away to the early days.......

I still laugh when I think how I sat behind you Bonnie in a Denver theater to see B&G and even talked to you and your friends and never knew who you were. Talk about small world. That was a fun day!!! Gerry sure suffered in that movie!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Got your vote, Kathy. I came in here today planning to vote off Frosty, but it didn't work out that way. I concur with everything you said. I entered the tournament thinking it was Johnnie's year, but something Judy said about half-way through the tournament got me thinking about Leonidas and how much the role meant to Gerry and his career and why hadn't he ever been made a champion. Over the next few weeks, I began to rethink it all. Of course, this is just a game, and there's always next year. :)

Edited by Lady Elissa

Argh! I can see the point of the argument for Leo to be the one left standing. 300 did put him on the map for a wider audience than some of his earlier roles although Phantom will ALWAYS be the one that grabbed me and held on from the moment he stepped down the corridor. However, this isn't necessarily about our all time-forever-favorite role. It's down to who will be the last two standing in THIS game.

I may end up coming back and changing my vote to break a tie. Seeing two of them go home at this point would kill me. Ok, maybe just wound me a little. :kisswink:

For now, my vote is to send Frosty home. As difficult as it will be to choose next week, the role of Johnnie and the role of Leo are my two faves of what is left and I would rather choose between them. (I know where I'm leaning.) :pantingheart: I better keep track of where the voting is though.

Dang but yall make this difficult.

Remove Leo.

It's not a bad character as such, besides he's so very recognizable - even when people don't know it's OUR Gerry, they know the character and the movie. But It's not a role showing the real potential of our Gerry. He's one of the most talented actors but he didn't show it in Leo. He DID show his body which is not enough when one remembers the Stranger and his other roles.

Do I have to give explanation next week? With only 2 remaining it'll be rather difficult. And with all the alliances. I'm almost happy Poland is so far from your places that you don't want to waste your time on killing me for ruining an alliance...