Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Character Survivor 2015

Lady Elissa

Got your vote, Marta. I agree there are lots of the remaining characters who could fit the question. You can always answer the question later this week if you change your mind. :)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote to send Terry Sheridan home - away - be gone!

I give immunity to Sam Childers. We don't know as much about his background as some others. We know his mother was still alive. His father, however, was missing......and it could have been for all his life. He did make some bad choices - but he saw how wrong he had been. He started on a new path - and he saved many, many lives. He remained loyal and committed to his wife and daughter - as can be seen by his relationship with them today. The world needs more Sam Childers - give him immunity.

Bonnie

:gah: You are making this difficult. lol (Great question, btw. ) :claphands:

I can go along with Terry getting the boot this week. Tough as that is for me to say- :thud:

As for the immunity question...so many choices. I could probably make an argument for each character in one way shape or form. I think I'm going to go with Creedy in this round. The challenges and difficulties he faced are numerous. Trying to feed all the survivors in those difficult conditions, keeping the spirits up of the children, keeping his own hope alive in such desperate times-these among other challenges lead me to vote immunity for Creedy.

Lugerry is having computer problems. Got her vote via email.

I vote Terry Sheridan off and as for the question Creedy has the most obstacles while living in fear of dragons and always the shortage of food.

Hugs, Barbara

Voting has ended for this week. See you tomorrow with results and set-up for week 20 and the final Immunity Question. Only six men remain!

Welcome to Gerry Character Survivor 2015

Week 20: Final Immunity Question!

Each week (weeks 16-20) or until only 5 men remain, we will vote to eliminate one man from the game and will answer one Immunity Question, saying which man "fits" the question and WHY. Incomplete answers (those that do not give a reason) will not count. The man who is named as the "answer" to the Immunity Question by the most players in one week will be immune from elimination the following week. At the end of the Immunity Questions round of play, the surviving man with the most "wins" will receive an additional week of immunity at the conclusion of this round of play.

This thread is open to discussion about Gerry's characters, and why you love or dislike specific characters. Feel free to form alliances to save your favorites from elimination!

Voting will end each week on Sunday at 8pm Pacific time, 10pm Central time, and 11pm Eastern time. (NO LATE VOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED.)

Our previous champions are: Erik, the Phantom (Phantom of the Opera), Gerry Kennedy (P. S. I Love You), Andre Marek (Timeline), Attila (Attila), Beowulf (Beowulf & Grendel), Mike Banning (Olympus Has Fallen), and The Stranger (Dear Frankie). Please note that they are NOT included in this tournament. They are enjoying retirement in the Hall of Champions where there are no unhappy endings. They are replaying their movies and telling each other tall tales of their days of glory.

Eliminated last week was Terry Sheridan. The Immunity Question winner was Creedy. He is immune from elimination this week.

Week 20 - Please make your vote very clear. For example: I vote to kick off (send home, boot off, eliminate, etc) Joe Blow. The answer to the Immunity Question is John Doe, BECAUSE......(Answers that give no reason will NOT count)

In no specific order, here are our competitors: Please vote one OFF. Please answer this Immunity Question: Which character stretched Gerry's acting skills the most, and WHY? Please note that "because he's my favorite," “because he’s cute,” "because I want him to win," etc. are NOT acceptable reasons and will NOT be counted! :duck:

Frosty Hesson- Chasing Mavericks

Sam Childers - Machine Gun Preacher

Johnnie Donne - The Jury

Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen

King Leonidas - 300

Creedy - Reign of Fire - Immune

Eliminated:

Week 1: Chaun and Lead Seaman

Week 2: Sea Captain and Cassius

Week 3: Burke and Chris Kumac

Week 4: Jacko and Peter (Little White Lies)

Week 5: Peter (Please) and Yasha
Week 6: Tim Bolton and Marty Claymore
Week 7: Gus and Charles Bellamy + Archie Brown (tie for 2nd vote)
Week 8: Jackie, Jr. and Sam (One More Kiss)
Week 9: Tullus Aufidius and Stoick
Week 10: Kable and Neil Randall
Week 11: Milo Boyd
Week 12: Frank Borghi

Week 13: Dracula

Week 14: Jack Rusoe
Week 15: One-Two
Week 16: Mike Chadway
Week 17: Alex Rover
Week 18: George Dryer
Week 19: Terry Sheridan

This week I'm gonna have to vote to send Johnnie home, but only because my answer for the immunity question is Clyde. At first I thought about Leonidas or Frosty, and they certainly stretched his physical skills, but the question was about acting. Clyde went through so many different emotions...so many different things...innocent love for his wife and daughter...pain...hurt...loneliness...grief...confusion...rage...near sinister-ness...and Gerry pulled every single one of those emotions off to perfection, so much so that in each new emotion, you feel /with/ him, not just for him. You could tell that Gerry threw his entire heart and soul into this role....the marks of a truly amazing and gifted actor that we all love!

I hate to do this, but this week I'm voting off Sam Childers.

Wow, Sarah, that is a fabulous answer! I have to completely agree with you! Of course, my first thought was Erik from POTO, but he is in our Hall Of Champions already. But Clyde absolutely ticks all the boxes on this question. A lot of Gerry's acting took place in his eyes, facial expressions and voice inflections. It was powerful! I have so much respect for Gerry's performance in LAC! Therefore, Clyde is my choice for immunity this week.

Susie

I'm saying goodbye to TeamClyde.gif

Immunity Question: Which character stretched Gerry's acting skills the most, and WHY?

I recently watched "The Jury" and had forgotten how outstanding Gerry was in that role of Johnnie Donne. Two scenes come to mind, when he fell off the wagon and another when he was with his sponsor at the restaurant after he got drunk. Talk about pulling out all of the emotions. Also, he showed his sensitive side so convincingly when with Rose for lunch. I have never seen Gerry show this much so well in just one movie/series. I wish he would do more outstanding acting like he did in, "The Jury". He has the goods, he just needs the script.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Oh yikes. This one is tough.

Suzie, I'm with you on voting Sam off. It pains me to do this but I will do it anyway.

As to the immunity question, I'm struggling to come up with an answer since there are numerous possibilities. These are all great candidates for this. I'm going to pick Johnnie for immunity. I think you could watch Johnnie's emotional journey play out on his face throughout. I felt like I could actually feel his pain as he struggled with his addiction and his feelings for Rose. His intensity during the jury deliberations were captivating. This was a role that showed the range of Gerry's acting and sealed for me his ability to say so much through his eyes even without words.

Kathy and I are on the same wave length this week....Clyde to go home and Gerry's portrayal of Johnnie was to me one of his best acting jobs ever. The emotion he portrayed in that series was phenomenal...his range.....from his hopeful innocent side with Rose to his tortured addicted side when he felt betrayed and fell off the wagon....it was so believable. That scene when he entered the bar...the look in his eyes...it said it all. I can go on and on but I'll spare you all....lol

I would like to send Clyde home.

The Jury was one of Gerry's early tv roles, I saw this before I even knew who Gerard Butler was, but this role always stuck in my mind as being a well played role.he put his heart in playing the part of a recovering alcoholic, his acting was superb, he thought he had found love, he felt deceived and fell off the wagon, his heartbreak was hard to bear. He really put his heat and soul into this part

Hugs

June

Ok. I'm ready to cast my vote now. I find that I must join Suzie and Jilly in saying it's time to bid adieu to th_TeamSam.gif. I would vote Creedy or Clyde off instead, but Creedy's immune this week, and Clyde is my answer to the Immunity Question....so of the remaining men, I choose Sam.

I've read and considered all the preceding answers, and I concede that the part of Johnnie Donne is one of Gerry's finest roles, but I think that the role of Clyde showed a much greater variety of emotions. It ran the gamut from contentment, anguish, pain, grief, and rage, to cold, calculating revenge that showed no mercy or concern for collateral damage, and, finally, resignation and acceptance of his fate at the end. All played equally well and equally believably. If you were part of the system that failed him and his family, you were fair game and going down. I'll never forget the pain in Clyde's eyes and the anguish in his voice as he pleaded with the DA to seek justice for his little girl. :tissues:

Edited by Lady Elissa

You didn't make it easy to answer this immunity question this week, Elissa. I really think an argument could be made for each one. I'm finding it so interesting to read everyone's answer.

Well done. :claphands:

Thanks, Jilly! I almost stumped myself with this one! :hehe:

You didn't make it easy to answer this immunity question this week, Elissa. I really think an argument could be made for each one. I'm finding it so interesting to read everyone's answer.

Well done. :claphands:

Thanks, Jilly! I almost stumped myself with this one! :hehe:

:funnyup:

I vote to send Clyde home.

I think The Jury - and Johnnie - (alongside with Shattered) was Gerry's best acting role - and most challenging. His tender, tender, sensitive time with Rose - so compelling (and one of his very best on film kisses.............thud) and his brokenness after that terrible last bout with the bottle. I go with Johnnie Donne to Immunity!

And that's my final answer for this week...........most likely.