Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Character Survivor 2015

Time for a new thread! Here is the set-up for Week 23 from the previous thread.

Welcome to Gerry Character Survivor 2015

Week 23: And then there were three! NO MORE IMMUNITY VOTES!

Each week (weeks 21-24) we will vote to eliminate ONE man from the game until only ONE man remains. That man will be the 2015 Champion and will join the previous winners in the Hall of Champions. The Champion will be announced at the beginning of Week 25.

This thread is open to discussion about Gerry's characters, and why you love or dislike specific characters. Feel free to form alliances to save your favorites from elimination!

Voting will end each week on Sunday at 8pm Pacific time, 10pm Central time, and 11pm Eastern time. (NO LATE VOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED.)

Our previous champions are: Erik, the Phantom (Phantom of the Opera), Gerry Kennedy (P. S. I Love You), Andre Marek (Timeline), Attila (Attila), Beowulf (Beowulf & Grendel), Mike Banning (Olympus Has Fallen), and The Stranger (Dear Frankie). Please note that they are NOT included in this tournament. They are enjoying retirement in the Hall of Champions where there are no unhappy endings. They are replaying their movies and telling each other tall tales of their days of glory.

Eliminated last week was Creedy.

Week 23- Please vote one OFF

Frosty Hesson- Chasing Mavericks th_aaf7bce5-5880-409e-bd00-5e51cd17374e.th_paddleboard5a.jpg

Johnnie Donne - The Juryth_dawnmandatorypic2.jpgth_jury2.jpg

King Leonidas - 300 th_300_video1_18.jpgth_11822417_10200989814425731_3275928186

Eliminated:

Week 1: Chaun and Lead Seaman

Week 2: Sea Captain and Cassius

Week 3: Burke and Chris Kumac

Week 4: Jacko and Peter (Little White Lies)

Week 5: Peter (Please) and Yasha
Week 6: Tim Bolton and Marty Claymore
Week 7: Gus and Charles Bellamy + Archie Brown (tie for 2nd vote)
Week 8: Jackie, Jr. and Sam (One More Kiss)
Week 9: Tullus Aufidius and Stoick
Week 10: Kable and Neil Randall
Week 11: Milo Boyd
Week 12: Frank Borghi

Week 13: Dracula

Week 14: Jack Rusoe
Week 15: One-Two
Week 16: Mike Chadway
Week 17: Alex Rover
Week 18: George Dryer
Week 19: Terry Sheridan
Week 20: Clyde Shelton
Week 21: Sam Childers
Week 22: Creedy
I have votes from Suzie, Sue, Sarah, June, Myself, Bonnie, Jilly, Kathy, Sara and Marta. No need to vote again unless you are changing your vote. Here's a link to the previous thread in case you want see what went before.
Edited by Lady Elissa
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elissa, Marta's vote must have posted at the same time as Susie's post closing the thread because it is after her post. Please make sure to include her vote since she is voting to off Leo (thanks Marta!!!)

Elissa, Marta's vote must have posted at the same time as Susie's post closing the thread because it is after her post. Please make sure to include her vote since she is voting to off Leo (thanks Marta!!!)

I feel your pain, Sue! When this game started I said I would be happy if either Leonidas or Johnnie won. Now that we are being forced to vote off one or the other a little early I had to go with the role that made Gerry a household name. Say what you will about the movie, the role put Gerry on the map and that is the reason I voted for Leonidas. Leonidas gave Gerry better movies with a much bigger paycheck. Johnnie deserves to be a Champion too though.

Elissa, this is not my vote, I already voted!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I agree with you, Kathy. I came into this backing Johnnie, but something Judy said several weeks ago got me thinking about Leonidas and how we've never honored him by making him a Champion. I'll admit that I only saw 300 because Gerry was in it. It wasn't really my type of film. I only saw it because he was in it, and I didn't see the sequel because Gerry wasn't in it. But Gerry put all of himself into the role of Leonidas and probably still carries the physical effects of the training it required. Perhaps he will for many years to come. It moved him from a B actor to an A-lister. That movie is probably the reason he got many of the roles that followed, including that of Mike Banning. That's why I moved from Johnnie to Leonidas as my favorite to win.

I know what both of you are saying...but I have to tell you that Johnnie feels blind sided...Just saying.....tease2.gif

I just hope this betrayal doesn't cause him to start drinking again...he has been doing so good for YEARS because he thought he had so much more support than he obviously did.....just saying....th_jury743.jpg[/url]

I wonder which role Gerry would rather see win. Not that he follows our foolishness, mind you. ;) Wouldn't we all be gobsmacked if he actually came in here and voted? :swoon:

I wonder which role Gerry would rather see win. Not that he follows our foolishness, mind you. ;) Wouldn't we all be gobsmacked if he actually came in here and voted? :swoon:

Oh my goodness!!! I can't even imagine!!!!!

Diana

Yes, Bonnie, Johnnie's tears and personal problems evoke motherly feelings and make us want to step in and save him with our love. We're gonna kiss him and make it all better. :hug1:

Leonidas is a hero, and a protector of his family and nation, facing a powerful foe with only 300 men. We see his tragic, but heroic death. Who can forget his words "My Queen, my love, my wife." :tissues:

Frosty is an average family man with a troubled past who sees himself in a fatherless young boy whom he mentors. Tragedy strikes him as well when he suddenly loses his wife and then, later, his foster son in a diving accident. :crybaby:

All of these roles were convincingly and masterfully played by Gerry. :whome2: That's why they've made it this far in the tournament. The fact is, only one can win. :unsure:

That's the beauty of Gerry's acting. His eyes ALWAYS say it all! In each and every role he plays. He doesn't need to speak to convey exactly what his character is feeling or thinking.

Let's face it gals, this is a hard one. I think Leonidas and Johnnie deserve to win but since we can only vote for one I think it is about time we paid homage to the character that made Gerry a STAR, which he deserved after so many performances that few people saw. Thanks to Leonidas more people are seeing Gerry's movies. The writers of OHF even said that they wanted Gerry in that movie because of his outstanding performance in "300". We can't ignore what Leonidas did for Gerry's career. Johnnie's time will come because I will push for it, next time.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I agree, Kathy. :)

Of course there's still another week after this in this year's tournament. There are still three men in the game. We'll have the final vote between the last two next week.

Remember, the vote is not FOR a character to win, it's to BOOT one character off. A vote FOR a character is a vote to send him packing. Every year, someone accidentally votes their favorite off in the final week.

Thanks Sue, the pictures say it all, I am with you on this, I felt sure this time was Johnnies time after missing out on the previous comp. Leo is strong enough and brave enough to wait til next time.

Hugs

June

But Kathy....that's what Johnnie was promised last time and it seemed that was how the alliance was going at the beginning of this game and now he's being blindsided.... :sad: