Gerard Butler GALS
Texas gramma

Prayers for Good Sport needed

Our PAL, Good Sport, is in the hospital. Lady Elissa is with him and says he is having circulatory problems. They have him on IV meds and have not yet given Elissa an idea how long he might be there. Prayers for Good Sport are needed for successful treatment and healing. Elissa and the family need prayers for strength at this difficult time.

Suzie

Been praying, and have recruited family to add their prayers! Please God, that Bill will be feeling better soon. Sending thoughts and prayers to Elissa and Erin, too.

:comfort:

Thank you, Suzie and Barb. Bill's cardiologist came in today and said that his heart is ok and he doesn't have heart failure. He doesn't think the problems are heart-related. They're doing further tests to discover the underlying cause. They're keeping him at least two more days while they figure things out and get him stronger. Bill is feeling better. I know that because he's complaining about everything! Please keep the prayers coming!

Prayers for Bill Elissa! Hope they get to the bottom of whats been bothering him. :hearts:

Sending prayers & positive thoughts your way.

Fuzzy hugs, Barbara

Thanks, Cheryl and Barb. We now know for sure it isn't his heart. He's still in the hospital as tests continue. He's feeling much better and wants to come home, but he understands they have to find the cause of his symptoms in order to help him. Continued prayers appreciated.

Elissa - I just now saw these posts regarding Bill. Sorry I didn't see them sooner - will certainly pray.

Hugs

Bonnie

Elissa, I'm in Iowa and haven't been on much but saw your comment about Bill on Facebook. Glad to hear it is not his heart. I hope they can make him feel much better very soon so he can have his life back again. Continuing with prayers for Bill.

~Hugs~ Kathy

Thanks, Bonnie and Kathy! More results have come in, all negative or inconclusive. We're waiting for the final report from the nephrologist. Bill may get to come home tomorrow. I just pray we have a definitive diagnosis! He looks and feels better than he has in a month at this point. He was upset with me for calling 911, but admits that he feels better and needed to be in the hospital.

Update: We are home! I see many followup appointments in our future, but there's no place like home!

Great News Elissa.

Bill you take care.

Hugs, Barbara

Always a great feeling going home from a hospital. You get a renewed gratefulness for HOME!! Pass along a big, "Hi and get better" to Bill from me.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Home health RN and Physical Therapist came out today. We're looking at 8 weeks of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and nurse visits, plus his outpatient followups with doctors as they try to find the cause of his fluid overload, weight-loss and anemia. He's promised to be nice to the therapists and nurses, LOL.cleardot.gif

Home health RN and Physical Therapist came out today. We're looking at 8 weeks of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and nurse visits, plus his outpatient followups with doctors as they try to find the cause of his fluid overload, weight-loss and anemia. He's promised to be nice to the therapists and nurses, LOL.cleardot.gif

Men hate losing control over their life. They like their independence. That makes them testy. Women go with the flow better. I hope this all works out for Bill.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Men hate losing control over their life. They like their independence. That makes them testy. Women go with the flow better. I hope this all works out for Bill.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Testy? That's putting it mildly! Each phone call saying an appointment has been set up or a nurse or therapist are on their way to the house the air turns blue! He knows it's all needed, but he doesn't like it! One good thing, the occupational therapist came and evaluated him yesterday and said he doesn't need OT, so it will just be PT and RN visits. It seems my being an RN doesn't count.

Tell Bill if he behaves, I'll buy him ice cream. I know this is tough on both of you, but we need to get him back on his feet.

Hugs to both of you,

Suzie

I agree with Suzie big time - you need to take care Bill and do what you need to get well - you are very special to a lot of people.

Hugs to you both too,

Barbara (Lu)

~HUGS~ Kathy

Testy? That's putting it mildly! Each phone call saying an appointment has been set up or a nurse or therapist are on their way to the house the air turns blue! He knows it's all needed, but he doesn't like it! One good thing, the occupational therapist came and evaluated him yesterday and said he doesn't need OT, so it will just be PT and RN visits. It seems my being an RN doesn't count.

Poor Bill......Poor Elissa, because she has to live with Bill under these circumstances. I always said I would take an illness over my hubby because I can handle the inconveniences better than Hubby. Men just don't like any part of losing control of their life. Take it one day at a time and hopefully very soon you will both get your life back.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Bill had a followup appointment with the nephrologist. His kidneys are not the cause of his symptoms. In the hospital, the cardiologist said his heart wasn't the problem either. He has followup with a hematologist at the end of the month. GI doctor followup hasn't been scheduled yet. They're supposed to call me with an appointment time for him. He sees his family practice doctor tomorrow. Still no real answers. He had his first in home physical therapy session today, which went well. The therapist was a hoot! He told Bill they were going to do the exercises until he (the therapist) got tired! :fall: Keep the prayers coming for Bill's continued improvement and some answers as to what is going on!

More pieces of the puzzle are falling into place. The labs done by the family practice doctor on the day Bill ended up in the hospital show signs of a possible autoimmune disorder. Don't know why the hospital didn't check this, but he has followup with a rheumatologist on Feb. 2. Home physical therapy and RN visits are ongoing. Still has to followup with hematology and GI.

I am so glad they are finally getting to the bottom of Bill's illness. Let's at least find something they can treat!

Keeping you all in my prayers.

Suzie

Thanks for asking, Barb. :)

He's feeling better and getting stronger, although he still has several follow-up appointments. Home health nurse comes once a week and physical therapist comes three times a week. Still no answers as to what the cause of his symptoms is. I'm really anxious to hear what the rheumatologist has to say, but we don't see her until Feb 2.

Update: We saw the hematologist today and got some good news regarding the blood clots in his R leg. The small one is unchanged. The large one in his knee has gotten smaller. In 2012, it was so large it was restricting blood flow in two vessels. Now, it's only involved in one. The aspirin therapy is working, so he doesn't need to go back on prescription blood thinners. He did tell Bill not to have knee surgery, however. Still waiting to hear back from the GI doctor with an appointment time. He sees the rheumatologist next week and the cardiologist late next month.

Update: We saw the hematologist today and got some good news regarding the blood clots in his R leg. The small one is unchanged. The large one in his knee has gotten smaller. In 2012, it was so large it was restricting blood flow in two vessels. Now, it's only involved in one. The aspirin therapy is working, so he doesn't need to go back on prescription blood thinners. He did tell Bill not to have knee surgery, however. Still waiting to hear back from the GI doctor with an appointment time. He sees the rheumatologist next week and the cardiologist late next month.

Good, no surgery. The update sounds promising. I'm sure they don't want to do surgery when blood clots are involved and could occur with the surgery. Good to be on the safe side until they are sure all will go well. I hope Bill is feeling better.

~HUGS~ Kathy