Gerard Butler GALS
Lady Elissa

Gerry Character Survivor

Voting has ended for this week. See you tomorrow with results and set-up for Week 19 and the next Immunity Question. :)

Welcome to the 2016 Edition of Gerry Character Survivor!

Week 19- Immunity Questions Continue

Gerry's characters are all now abandoned on an island. Each week (weeks 17-21) or until only 5 men remain, we will vote to eliminate one man from the game and will answer one Immunity Question, saying which man "fits" the question and WHY. Incomplete answers will not count. The man who is named as the "answer" to the Immunity Question the most times in one week will be immune from elimination the following week. At the end of the Immunity Questions round of play, the surviving man with the most "wins" will receive an additional week of immunity at the conclusion of this round of play.

This thread is open to discussion about Gerry's characters, and why you love or dislike specific characters. Feel free to form alliances to save your favorites from elimination!

Voting will end each week on Sunday at 8pm Pacific time, 10pm Central time, and 11pm Eastern time. (NO LATE VOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED.)

Our previous champions are: Erik, the Phantom (Phantom of the Opera), Gerry Kennedy (P. S. I Love You), Andre Marek (Timeline), Attila (Attila), Beowulf (Beowulf & Grendel), Mike Banning (Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen), The Stranger (Dear Frankie), and King Leonidas (300). Please note that they are NOT included in this tournament. They are enjoying retirement in the Hall of Champions where there are no unhappy endings. They are replaying their movies and telling each other tall tales of their days of glory.

Week 19- Voted off last week was Mike Chadway. The winner of the Immunity Question was Frosty Hesson. He is immune from elimination this week.

Please make your vote very clear. For example: I vote to kick off (send home, boot off, eliminate, etc) Joe Blow. The answer to the Immunity Question is John Doe,BECAUSE.....Incomplete answers (those that give no reason) will not count. :tomato:

In no specific order, here are our competitors: Please vote one OFF. Please answer this Immunity Question: Which character showed the greatest range of emotion, and WHY? Please note that "because he's my favorite," “because he’s cute,” "because I want him to win," etc. are NOT acceptable reasons and will NOT be counted! :inshade:

Frosty Hesson- Chasing Mavericks - Immune

Sam Childers - Machine Gun Preacher

One-Two - Rock'n'Rolla

Terry Sheridan - Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life

Johnnie Donne - The Jury

Alex Rover – Nim’s Island

Creedy - Reign of Fire

George Dryer– Playing for Keeps

Eliminated:

Week 1 Chaun and Lead Seaman

Week 2 Sea Captain and Cassius
Week 3 Burke and Jacko
Week 4 Peter (LWL) and Tim Bolton
Week 5 Peter (Please) and Chris Kumac
Week 6 Yasha and Charles Bellamy
Week 7 Gus and Marty Claymore
Week 8 Archie Brown and Jackie, Jr.
Week 9 Tullus Aufidius and Stoick
Week 10 Neil Randall and Sam (OMK)
Week 11 Dracula
Week 12 Kable
Week 13 Milo Boyd
Week 14 Frank Borghi
Week 15 Clyde Shelton
Week 16 Set
Week 17 Jack Rusoe
Week 18 Mike Chadway

This week, I vote off Alex Rover..

As far as range of emotions, I have to say Johnnie Donne. Johnnie went through many emotions as he struggled with finding love, losing her, and finding her again all while struggling with alcoholism.

Suzie

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, Suzie. :)

I'll go along with booting off Alex this week. I also agree that of all the remaining characters, Johnnie Donne showed the greatest range of emotion. His emotions ranged from boredom with the court proceedings, to rage, betrayal, happiness, tenderness, and remorse. It remains one of Gerry's finest performances.

Man...this is getting hard!!

I vote off Alex off this week.

I would agree with both Suzie and Elissa that Johnnie sure had the range of emotions. Having to decide a fate of someone that you don't know as well as going though a trial like alcoholism would be very stressful. He was compassionate and forgiving.

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, Missy. :)

Oh goodness....This week I vote to send One-Two home.

As for the Immunity Question, I'm actually gonna go with Sam Childers. At the beginning, we see his rage and anger, but also his romantic side with his wife...then throughout the movie we see tenderness and playfulness toward his daughter and the kids, we see remorse, we still see anger but it's anger with purpose/passion, and of course sadness and grief to a point of depression...

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, Sarah. :)

I vote off Alex Rover. This Immunity question is a tough one but I am going to go with Sam Childers. He showed a tough guy with no heart in the beginning, he showed anger but also a softness to his wife when he wasn't yelling at her or his daughter. His transformation was amazing. His emotions really kicked in when he saw the little boy get blown up. He could go from out of control to a caring guy and it was done so masterfully. I don't think I have ever seen such an array of emotions from one character in one movie. Add to all of that his Faith renewal and dedication to that. Quite a guy!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, Kathy. :)

oh boy..... ok, I'll go along with Alex....

And while my first impulse was to say Johnnie...to be honest it really would have to be Sam .... because we all know how emotional Sam is...whether anger, frustration, love, sadness .... Gerry's portrayal of the intensity and passion that truly does make Sam who he is....was perfection.

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, Sue. :)

I vote for Alex Rover to go home.

My heart chooses Johnny for immunity but I have to go along with Sam this week, he is a very emotional man, whether his action were right or wrong he did what he thought was right He travelled a long journey to get to be where he is.

Hugs

June

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, June. :)

I'm voting off George Dryer. Creedy showed the greatest range of emotion because of all he had to deal with: dragons, co-leading a community and sacrificing himself to save his best mate. He had a full arc and came off as a fully realized character. It's not often Gerry gets to work with such strong material.

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity question, Joanne. :)

I vote for Alex Rover to go home.

As for the immunity question I pick Sam Childers. He went from a non-caring bitter man to a man with a huge heart who care about so many children.

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, Barb. :)

Time for Alex to say bye-bye....

Range of emotions...... Sam Childers-- for all the reasons already posted--rough& tough guy to rage/anger to tender & playful moments to out of control to feeling so much for the children to his transformation & faith. It takes an amazingly talented actor to pull this off & Gerry was remarkable--as usual.... Lol

Diana :)

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, Diana. :)

Oh, no, I didn't vote last week :(

Remove Sam

Immunity question - definitely Creedy, mostly for that scene when they act the whole Star Wars. If this doesn't show the greatest range of emotions, I don't know what does.

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, Marta. :)

Voting has ended for this week. See you tomorrow with results and set-up for Week 20 and the next Immunity Question. :)

Welcome to the 2016 Edition of Gerry Character Survivor!

Week 20- Immunity Questions Continue

Gerry's characters are all now abandoned on an island. Each week (weeks 17-21) or until only 5 men remain, we will vote to eliminate one man from the game and will answer one Immunity Question, saying which man "fits" the question and WHY. Incomplete answers will not count. The man who is named as the "answer" to the Immunity Question the most times in one week will be immune from elimination the following week. At the end of the Immunity Questions round of play, the surviving man with the most "wins" will receive an additional week of immunity at the conclusion of this round of play.

This thread is open to discussion about Gerry's characters, and why you love or dislike specific characters. Feel free to form alliances to save your favorites from elimination!

Voting will end each week on Sunday at 8pm Pacific time, 10pm Central time, and 11pm Eastern time. (NO LATE VOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED.)

Our previous champions are: Erik, the Phantom (Phantom of the Opera), Gerry Kennedy (P. S. I Love You), Andre Marek (Timeline), Attila (Attila), Beowulf (Beowulf & Grendel), Mike Banning (Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen), The Stranger (Dear Frankie), and King Leonidas (300). Please note that they are NOT included in this tournament. They are enjoying retirement in the Hall of Champions where there are no unhappy endings. They are replaying their movies and telling each other tall tales of their days of glory.

Week 20- Voted off last week was Alex Rover. The winner of the Immunity Question was Sam Childers. He is immune from elimination this week.

Please make your vote very clear. For example: I vote to kick off (send home, boot off, eliminate, etc) Joe Blow. The answer to the Immunity Question is John Doe,BECAUSE.....Incomplete answers (those that give no reason) will not count. :tomato:

In no specific order, here are our competitors: Please vote one OFF. Please answer this Immunity Question: Which character would survive the longest if shipwrecked alone on an uncharted island, and WHY? Please note that "because he's my favorite," “because he’s cute,” "because I want him to win," etc. are NOT acceptable reasons and will NOT be counted! :inshade:

Frosty Hesson- Chasing Mavericks

Sam Childers - Machine Gun Preacher - Immune

One-Two - Rock'n'Rolla

Terry Sheridan - Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life

Johnnie Donne - The Jury

Creedy - Reign of Fire

George Dryer– Playing for Keeps

Eliminated:

Week 1 Chaun and Lead Seaman

Week 2 Sea Captain and Cassius
Week 3 Burke and Jacko
Week 4 Peter (LWL) and Tim Bolton
Week 5 Peter (Please) and Chris Kumac
Week 6 Yasha and Charles Bellamy
Week 7 Gus and Marty Claymore
Week 8 Archie Brown and Jackie, Jr.
Week 9 Tullus Aufidius and Stoick
Week 10 Neil Randall and Sam (OMK)
Week 11 Dracula
Week 12 Kable
Week 13 Milo Boyd
Week 14 Frank Borghi
Week 15 Clyde Shelton
Week 16 Set
Week 17 Jack Rusoe
Week 18 Mike Chadway
Week 19 Alex Rover

This week I'm voting off George Dryer. As far as the immunity question, I think Sam Childers. Sam would be able to survive with whatever is on hand. He is already a builder and would be able to build shelter. He is proficient with whatever weapons he had or could make, so he can provide food. he also has strength, attitude and faith. He'd do OK.

Suzie