Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Character Survivor

Lady Elissa

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, Suzie. :)

This week, my vote is to boot off One-Two.

As for the question, I think Terry Sheridan would be resourceful enough to use whatever he could salvage from the ship along with the natural resources available on the island for food and shelter, and he always had a weapon or two on him. As clever as Terry is, he could probably repair the ship and sail away! :lol:

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man......I'm voting off Frosty (I can't stand that I have to do this.... :tissues: ) and I think Creedy would last the longest. He survived (for a long time at least) the almost complete destruction of the human race by dragons after all.

I vote to send One-Two home.

As for the Immunity Question.......boy, I wish Alex Rover hadn't been eliminated, cause he'd be perfect! Oh well...Out of those choices, I'm actually gonna answer with Frosty....He'd know how to make a workable raft and study the water to see how to get off the island properly and study the currents and such to be able to get home quickly.

I vote off One-Two!

As far as the immunity question goes I think Terry Sheridan would survive because he is a loner who would do anything to survive against all odds. His personality would not let him fail and he has the abilities learned from his past.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I vote off One-Two

I vote for Sam Childers for immunity. He is all the things Suzie mentioned, plus he is a visionary. He makes a plan and goes around any obstacles to fulfill the plan.

(am I voting in the right place?) :hmm:

Remove 1-2

immunity - probably Terry.

Any island, uncharted or not, is less dangerous than that prison where he managed just fine. So he can survive in bad circumstances. Plus he's robbed some graves and so on, then had to escape when cops and competitive bandits tried to take his treasures which probably includes running through wild-ish parts of any country, finding shelter, maybe even killing others. So he could use such skills not just to survive but to thrive on any island. Killing a person and killing animals to get food are quite similar. Or I'm totally wrong.

Hi sorry I am late,

I vote for George Dryer to go home.

I vote Creedy for immunity, as long as he has a trusty fire extinguisher, he would be able to tackle anything, he would plan everything out and his first thought would always be for the safety of the children

June

I vote off one-two.

As for the immunity question I think Terry Sheridan is the type of a person who is cunning and clever enough to beat the odds.

Voting has ended for this week. See you tomorrow with results and the final Immunity Question. We'll have our Champion for 2016 in five weeks, barring a tie along the way. :)

Welcome to the 2016 Edition of Gerry Character Survivor!

Week 21- Final week of Immunity Questions

Gerry's characters are all now abandoned on an island. Each week (weeks 17-21) or until only 5 men remain, we will vote to eliminate one man from the game and will answer one Immunity Question, saying which man "fits" the question and WHY. Incomplete answers will not count. The man who is named as the "answer" to the Immunity Question the most times in one week will be immune from elimination the following week. At the end of the Immunity Questions round of play, the surviving man with the most "wins" will receive an additional week of immunity at the conclusion of this round of play.

This thread is open to discussion about Gerry's characters, and why you love or dislike specific characters. Feel free to form alliances to save your favorites from elimination!

Voting will end each week on Sunday at 8pm Pacific time, 10pm Central time, and 11pm Eastern time. (NO LATE VOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED.)

Our previous champions are: Erik, the Phantom (Phantom of the Opera), Gerry Kennedy (P. S. I Love You), Andre Marek (Timeline), Attila (Attila), Beowulf (Beowulf & Grendel), Mike Banning (Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen), The Stranger (Dear Frankie), and King Leonidas (300). Please note that they are NOT included in this tournament. They are enjoying retirement in the Hall of Champions where there are no unhappy endings. They are replaying their movies and telling each other tall tales of their days of glory.

Week 21- Voted off last week was One-Two. The winner of the Immunity Question was Terry Sheridan. He is immune from elimination this week.

Please make your vote very clear. For example: I vote to kick off (send home, boot off, eliminate, etc) Joe Blow. The answer to the Immunity Question is John Doe,BECAUSE.....Incomplete answers (those that give no reason) will not count. :tomato:

In no specific order, here are our competitors: Please vote one OFF. Please answer this Immunity Question: Which role was the most challenging for Gerry to play, and WHY? Please note that "because he's my favorite," “because he’s cute,” "because I want him to win," etc. are NOT acceptable reasons and will NOT be counted! :inshade:

Frosty Hesson- Chasing Mavericks

Sam Childers - Machine Gun Preacher

Terry Sheridan - Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life - Immune

Johnnie Donne - The Jury

Creedy - Reign of Fire

George Dryer– Playing for Keeps

Eliminated:

Week 1 Chaun and Lead Seaman

Week 2 Sea Captain and Cassius
Week 3 Burke and Jacko
Week 4 Peter (LWL) and Tim Bolton
Week 5 Peter (Please) and Chris Kumac
Week 6 Yasha and Charles Bellamy
Week 7 Gus and Marty Claymore
Week 8 Archie Brown and Jackie, Jr.
Week 9 Tullus Aufidius and Stoick
Week 10 Neil Randall and Sam (OMK)
Week 11 Dracula
Week 12 Kable
Week 13 Milo Boyd
Week 14 Frank Borghi
Week 15 Clyde Shelton
Week 16 Set
Week 17 Jack Rusoe
Week 18 Mike Chadway
Week 19 Alex Rover
Week 20 One-Two

OK, George has to go sadly..... and Mavericks would probably have been the most challenging since it almost killed him.

OK, first of all, this week I vote to send George Dryer home so he can get back to spending time with his kid.

As for the Immunity Question, I think the role of Frosty was the most challenging to Gerry. First of all he had to learn to surf well enough to withstand some of the dangerous surf he would be filming in. Then he had to be strong enough and well trained enough to survive a very dangerous situation which nearly killed him. That was a tough shoot for any actor.

Suzie

Got your votes and answers to the Immunity Question, Sue and Suzie. :)

I agree, it's time to send George home. See ya, dude. :wave:

As for the Immunity Question, I could make a case for several of them, and I agree the role of Frosty was certainly physically challenging, but there's also the matter of a dramatic challenge. I didn't see a lot of that in Frosty's case. The role of the recovering alcoholic and the fragile emotional state of the role of Johnnie Donne must have been very challenging to play. For that reason, my final answer is Johnnie Donne.

I vote off George Dryer.

I think the most challenging role for Gerry was Sam Childers. He had to learn how to ride a motorcycle. I remember the article about his learning and how nervous the men were who were working with him because it was a very powerful motorcycle. That's the physical challenge but in the acting I think he had to really run the gauntlet of emotions from mean to serene. It had to be a challenge to do that in one movie. He had to do a complete personality change.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, Kathy. I thought about Sam for the Immunity Question too for the very same reasons you stated, but decided to go with Johnnie. :)

Oh dear....I guess it's time for me to say good bye to George... :(

As for the Immunity Question, hands down I'm gonna say Frosty...Not only did he have to learn to surf, but he almost drowned!!