Gerard Butler GALS
Lady Elissa

2017 Gerry MOVIE Survivor Game

Got your vote and answer, Jan. :)

I'm voting "Olympus Has Fallen" off.

For the Immunity Question, "POTO" has the best plot, hands down, imho! I fully acknowledge that my opinion might be biased by the simple fact that POTO was the movie where I first discovered Gerry and will therefore always hold a special place in my heart! :phantom:

Got your vote and answer, Alison. :)

still voting off 300. 

Best plot would be PSILY.  The story of a man who so loved his wife that knowing he was going to die and leave her decided to write letters to help her through the first year after his death.  As a widow this touches so deep into my heart.  I laughed and cried so hard through this move when I first saw it and have everytime since.

Got your vote and answer, Sue. :)

22 minutes ago, irish said:

I vote off 300 and Gerry's sexy thighs!

Best plot would be PSILY.  The story of a man who so loved his wife that knowing he was going to die and leave her decided to write letters to help her through the first year after his death.  As a widow this touches so deep into my heart.  I laughed and cried so hard through this move when I first saw it and have everytime since.

Best plot question Elissa,    Irish said it so beautifully that I couldn't improve on it.   PSILU had the best plot.

I vote off Timeline. As much as I loved the plot in PSILY, as far as Gerry's character was concerned, I didn't like the plot with the females in that movie. They turned me off with their self centered attitudes. Too much drama. I loved the plot in Dear Frankie. The mother and son relationship was so special and the Stranger's change in attitude and his developing relationship with the boy moved me. It was a wonderful emotional story.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Got your vote and answer, Kathy. :)

Voting off Chasing Mavericks.

Best plot - Dear Frankie.     A very touching story and leaves "hope" that it will be continued.

Got your vote and answer, Bonnie. :)

I am voting off Chasing Mavericks.

Best Plot- Dear Frankie, because it shows that strangers can be compassionate to people that they don't know.  

Got your vote and answer, Missy. :)

Bye bye London Has Fallen! Dear Frankie has the best plot because it's a tightly written domestic drama with a dash of romance. You feel for Emily Mortimer and her family without pitying them. It's realistic without drowning in self-seriousness. Despite the dark material, there's a sense of hope.

Got your vote and answer, Joanne. :)

I have to vote off Chasing Mavericks. *sniff*

While many of the remaining films had excellent plots, I feel Dear Frankie had the best one.  The story line about Frankie's deafness was exceptional.  The way Frankie and others around him dealt with his situation, his mother's patience, his father's attitude and the Stranger's anger and sadness all added to the story.  The developing relationships between Frankie and The Stranger and between Lizzie and the Stranger left me saddened that there was not a Part 2.  This film absolutely deserved to receive an immunity vote.

Suzie

Got your vote and answer, Suzie, and I agree completely! :)

My vote this week is also to boot Chasing Mavericks. I also think Dear Frankie had the best plot. I was touched by the story of the survivors of domestic violence and a mother's attempt to give her son the perfect father as she shields him from his abusive father and his family.

Voting has ended for this week. :)

A new game! Welcome to the 2017 Edition of Gerry Movie Survivor!

Week 27- Immunity Questions continue

Gerry's movies are all waiting to be shown in a film festival. In weeks 25-29 (or until 5 movies remain), vote ONE movie OFF. You may also answer the Immunity Question of the week, but it is not required. The movie that is named most often as the "answer" to the question will be immune from elimination the following week. Vote by posting your choices TO BE ELIMINATED and answers to the IMMUNITY Questions on this thread. You are to consider each film as a WHOLE (plot, costuming, chemistry between co-stars, etc.) NOT just Gerry’s performance, in deciding which film to vote off.

Voting will end each Sunday at 8pm Pacific Time, 10pm Central time, and 11pm Eastern time. NO LATE VOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Eliminated last week was:  Chasing Mavericks.  The winner of the Immunity Question was Dear Frankie. It is immune from elimination this week. 

Week 27

In no specific order, here are our movie competitors. Please vote ONE OFF. Optional Immunity Question: In which movie did Gerry and his leading lady have the best chemistry together?  Why do you think so? Please note that the ONLY path to immunity is the immunity question.

Dear Frankie - Immune

P. S. I Love You 

Phantom of the Opera 

Timeline

Attila

Olympus Has Fallen

London Has Fallen

Eliminated:

Week 1   Movie 43 and Tale of the Mummy

Week  2  Fast Food and The Cherry Orchard

Week  3  Tale of the Black Freighter and The Young Person's Guide to Becoming a Rock Star

Week  4  An Unsuitable Job for a Woman and Little White Lies

Week  5  Please and Tomorrow Never Dies

Week  6  Harrison's Flowers and Shooters

Week  7  Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married and Jewel of the Sahara

Week  8  Gamer and One More Kiss

Week  9  Coriolanus and Gods of Egypt

Week 10 Shattered and Mrs. Brown

Week 11 The Bounty Hunter

Week 12 Miracle Match (Game of Their Lives)

Week 13 How to Train Your Dragon -2

Week 14 Nim's Island

Week 15 How to Train Your Dragon -1

Week 16 Reign of Fire

Week 17 Dracula 2000

Week 18 Law Abiding Citizen

Week 19 The Ugly Truth

Week 20 RockNRolla

Week 21 Playing for Keeps

Week 22 Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life

Week 23 The Jury

Week 24 Beowulf & Grendel

Week 25 Machine Gun Preacher

Week 26 Chasing Mavericks

I am voting OFF London Has Fallen. And I think Gerry had the best chemistry with Hillary in P S I Love You.   Their love shown through out the entire film. First in person, then in flashbacks through the poignant letters❣️

Got your vote and answer, Jan. :)

I'm again voting to eliminate 300.

To answer the immunity question.........As much as I want to save POTO, I don't believe Erik and Christine belonged together....I'm a diehard Erik/Meg and Raoul/Christine shipper.  Sorry.... :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:  I'd actually have to agree that he had the best chemistry with Hilary in PS I Love You...Sure they argued but they always worked it out, and I could tell they had a whole lot of fun making that movie.  So PS I Love You wins my immunity vote this week.... Don't worry, POTO, I'm sure you're safe for now and will return to your corner soon!

Got your vote and answer, Sarah. :)

I'm voting London Has Fallen off this week.

Regarding Gerry's chemistry with his leading ladies, although POTO was and always will be one of my very favorites, and I thought the love story of Erik and Christine was portrayed beautifully by Gerry and Emmy, the fact was that there were certain restrictions placed on their interaction due to Emmy's age, which may or may not have affected their portrayals in some ways. In PSILY, I thought Gerry and Hillary had great chemistry together, plus the love portrayed between their characters was a more mature and stable love, in addition to the passion they felt for one another, so I'll go with PSILY!

Edited by phanphorlife

300 once again gets the boot from me.

And of course my vote goes to Gerry and Hillary....

th_13528.jpgth_22b.jpg