Gerard Butler GALS

2017 Gerry MOVIE Survivor Game

Lady Elissa

I vote off London Has Fallen

POTO was definitely the most entertaining.    Erik was mesmerizing.    The music was beautiful.    I loved it.    I even read the book........not an easy thing to do.

Immunity for POTO.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to say goodbye to Attila and those beautiful eyes!!!  The movie with the most entertainment has to go to POTO. That music, the beautiful singing, the dancing, the emotions! It was very entertaining!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I am not going to make my vote at this time in order to avoid tying up the results and causing us to lose two movies. If more votes come in, I'll vote if I can do so without producing a tie.

The answer to the question for me is POTO. It not only was my introduction to Gerry, it was my first time to see Phantom. I had heard some of the music, but had never seen the show. The POTO movie had me mesmerized from start to finish. No matter how many times I watch it, it never fails to entertain!

I vote off London Has Fallen which I hate to do to Mike Banning!

I love PSILY so very much because of the story but for entertainment I have to go with POTO - Gerry was just plain awesome as the Phantom, the sets, costuming, and story were so well done.  I watch it often as it keeps me entertained no matter how many times I watch it.  POTO the a movie had it all!

A new game! Welcome to the 2017 Edition of Gerry Movie Survivor!

Week 29- Final week of Immunity Questions 

Gerry's movies are all waiting to be shown in a film festival. In weeks 25-29 (or until 5 movies remain), vote ONE movie OFF. You may also answer the Immunity Question of the week, but it is not required. The movie that is named most often as the "answer" to the question will be immune from elimination the following week. Vote by posting your choices TO BE ELIMINATED and answers to the IMMUNITY Questions on this thread. You are to consider each film as a WHOLE (plot, costuming, chemistry between co-stars, etc.) NOT just Gerry’s performance, in deciding which film to vote off.

Voting will end each Sunday at 8pm Pacific Time, 10pm Central time, and 11pm Eastern time. NO LATE VOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Eliminated last week was: London Has Fallen. The winner of the Immunity Question was Phantom of the Opera. It is immune from elimination this week. 

Week 29

In no specific order, here are our movie competitors. Please vote ONE OFF. Optional Immunity Question: You can only own ONE of the remaining films. Which will you choose? Why? Please note that the ONLY path to immunity is the immunity question.

Dear Frankie 

P. S. I Love You 

Phantom of the Opera - Immune

Timeline

Attila

Olympus Has Fallen

Eliminated:

Week 1   Movie 43 and Tale of the Mummy

Week  2  Fast Food and The Cherry Orchard

Week  3  Tale of the Black Freighter and The Young Person's Guide to Becoming a Rock Star

Week  4  An Unsuitable Job for a Woman and Little White Lies

Week  5  Please and Tomorrow Never Dies

Week  6  Harrison's Flowers and Shooters

Week  7  Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married and Jewel of the Sahara

Week  8  Gamer and One More Kiss

Week  9  Coriolanus and Gods of Egypt

Week 10 Shattered and Mrs. Brown

Week 11 The Bounty Hunter

Week 12 Miracle Match (Game of Their Lives)

Week 13 How to Train Your Dragon -2

Week 14 Nim's Island

Week 15 How to Train Your Dragon -1

Week 16 Reign of Fire

Week 17 Dracula 2000

Week 18 Law Abiding Citizen

Week 19 The Ugly Truth

Week 20 RockNRolla

Week 21 Playing for Keeps

Week 22 Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life

Week 23 The Jury

Week 24 Beowulf & Grendel

Week 25 Machine Gun Preacher

Week 26 Chasing Mavericks

Week 27 300

Week 28 London Has Fallen

I vote OFF Dear Frankie. 👋🏻👋🏻

Even though I am IN PSILY and would need to own that film, if I could only own one, I would choose POTO❣️ 

I explained last week what was fabulous about the film itself. Now I want to mention how that  sumptuous film profoundly affected all our lives. We all made scores of new friends who also loved POTO and most of all Gerry's stunning portrayal of the iconic Phantom.  We bought tons of film props and wardrobe pieces from the RUG Auctions. Heck I even created a Lair room to house the Phantom's HERO wardrobe pieces, masks and props he used and a POTO painting Gallery in my home!  We created and planted the Phantom's Phorest in Scotland to honor Gerry's Phantom, a yearly Phantom's Pheast is held in LA to benefit charity along with Martha's Redux showing of the film.   I can't think of another film that has made such an impression on my life. And I am so happy to say that so many friendships I forged first on the Warner Brothers site and then on GB.net and GALS are still thriving today, 13 years later❣️🌹

Ooh man...
This week I'm voting to eliminate Olympus Has Fallen.

As for the Immunity Question, it's no contest.  If I could only own one, it would be POTO just because I need the 'research' for my stories.  And by 'research' I mean getting lost in those eyes with all the sadness in the world...those pleading eyes that both threaten and adore....and letting his voice fill my spirit with a strange sweet sound.............*ahem* So yes....POTO's the one for me!

This week I'll go with voting off Attila (though that is some kind of eye candy :pantingheart:)

I do love love Jan's answer and agree 1000 percent.

But PSILY means so much to me....maybe it was the timing of it coincided with real life so much but I just could imagine not being able to curl up on "those days" and watch it and cry my eyes out.

So my vote has to go to PS I Love You.

I vote to eliminate Attila mainly because it was a TV show.  

As as for the question, if I were allowed only one movie, it would be Phantom.  As Jan stated, the movie is gorgeous and ever entertaining.  I see something new with every viewing.  However, my emotional attachment to POTO is also very strong.  It came along at a very dark period in my life.  It was one of the few things that brought my husband comfort during his last days.  I too discovered Gerry, GALS,  a support system during my grief, a huge group of friends, fun, laughter and worthy causes in Las Vegas and online.  I found sisters of the heart and all because of Phantom.  It changed my life.  

Suzie

I vote off Attila.

If I had to choose only one Gerry movie - it would be POTO - my first Gerry movie.      Seeing POTO,   Seeing Gerry in POTO,  started a whole new experience for me.  

I definitely would choose POTO (I have five copies - just in case) - but I would mourn for Dear Frankie.    It was the second Gerry movie I saw.      I rented it over and over and finally had the video rental owner to order a copy for me to buy.