Gerard Butler GALS
Lady Elissa

2018 Gerry MOVIE Survivor

I’m voting OFF Beowulf and Grendel. I think P S I Love You had the best plot. Just when one thinks Holly and Gerry are all set to make a great life in NYC, it is startling to realize everyone is at Gerry’s wake!  Then we follow Holly as she tries to go on without him, and miraculously Gerry’s wonderfully supportive letters arrive throughout the film. Holly grows, and meets a new love and even though it is sad, with Gerry’s encouragement, she finds a satisfying future❣️

I vote off Olympus Has Fallen.     I think Dear Frankie has the best plot.      A single mother trying to protect her child from knowing that his father's violence caused him to be deaf.      A handsome Stranger (riding a great white horse) shows up; gives the mother some very good advice; they awkwardly flirt just a little; become enchanted;  and are drawn toward one another.     He definitely does return.     Definitely.      When Frankie waved to the Stranger (as he was leaving) and the Stranger lingered waving at Frankie - it was like a promise to return.     When the Stranger kissed Lizzie, then leaned toward her again but stopped short of a kiss - it was a promise to return.

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, Bonnie. :)

Man, got so busy decorating the Christmas Tree, I almost forgot about voting! 

This week, I must bid a fond farewell to Beowulf & Grendel.  As for the immunity question, I believe Dear Frankie had the best plot. It was a powerful, bittersweet story of a mother, and her attempts to protect her young son from his abusive father. 

Voting has ended for this week. :)

Week 28- Immunity Questions continue

Gerry's movies are all waiting to be shown in a film festival. In weeks 25-29 (or until 5 movies remain), vote ONE movie OFF. You may also answer the Immunity Question of the week, but it is not required. The movie that is named most often as the "answer" to the question will be immune from elimination the following week. Vote by posting your choices TO BE ELIMINATED and answers to the IMMUNITY Questions on this thread. You are to consider each film as a WHOLE (plot, costuming, chemistry between co-stars, etc.) NOT just Gerry’s performance, in deciding which film to vote off.

Voting will end each Sunday at 8pm Pacific Time, 10pm Central time, and 11pm Eastern time. NO LATE VOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Eliminated last week was: Beowulf & Grendel. The winner of the Immunity Question was Dear Frankie. It is immune from elimination this week. 

Week 28

In no specific order, here are our movie competitors. Please vote ONE OFF. Optional Immunity Question: Which movie is the most entertaining? Why do you think so? Please note that the ONLY path to immunity is the immunity question.

Friendly reminder:  It's not how many weeks you vote a movie off that counts, it's how many other players vote the same way in one week that counts  :rockon:

Dear Frankie - Immune

P. S. I Love You 

The Jury 

Timeline 

Attila 

Olympus Has Fallen

Eliminated:

Week 1:  Movie 43 and Tomorrow Never Dies

Week 2:  Tale of the Mummy; Harrison's Flowers and The Cherry Orchard (tie for 2nd place)

Week  3:  Fast Food and Little White Lies

Week  4:  An Unsuitable Job for a Woman and Please!

Week  5:  The Young Person's Guide to Becoming a Rock Star and Tale of the Black Freighter

Week  6:  Shooters, Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married, and Jewel of the Sahara (tie for 2nd place)

Week  7:  Gamer and Coriolanus

Week  8:  How to Train Your Dragon- 1 and 2

Week  9:  The Bounty Hunter,  Dracula 2000, and Shattered (tie for 2nd place)

Week 10: One More Kiss

Week 11: Mrs. Brown

Week 12: Reign of Fire

Week 13: A Family Man (Headhunters Calling)

Week 14: Rock'n'Rolla

Week 15: Gods of Egypt

Week 16: Miracle Match (Game of Their Lives)

Week 17: Playing for Keeps

Week 18: Law Abiding Citizen

Week 19: Lara Croft, Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life

Week 20: Nim's Island

Week 21: The Ugly Truth

Week 22: Geostorm

Week 23: Chasing Mavericks

Week 24: Den of Thieves

Week 25: Machine Gun Preacher

Week 26: London Has Fallen

Week 27: Beowulf & Grendel

This week, I guess I’ll Have to choose Olympus Fas Fallen to boot because I can’t stand to vote off anything else yet!  As far as most entertaining, I have to say Timeline.  The story had a great plot, it was constant action/romance with great characters...both good guys and bad guys...and had a touching ending.  Sure, the book was better, but OH MY, Marek!  

Suzie

I’m voting OFF The Jury. I think Timeline was very entertaining as it switched between time periods and kept everyone on the edge of their seats wondering if the characters would be able to return to their proper time period. 

Got your votes and answers to the Immunity Question, Suzie and Jan. :)

Voting off Olympus Has Fallen. I truly believe the most entertaining movie in this remaining list was 300. The fact it was a HUGE box office success and the IMAX theater was sold out where I stood in line with my ticket in hand I guess others thought so too. I won’t mention the eye candy *SIGH* but it also had a unique style in movie making which made it entertaining as well. 

~HUGS~ Kathy

Ooooh that list is SHORT!!!!! Waterworks starting already!  
Again, I vote to say good bye to Olympus Has Fallen.  Not farewell, mind you.  Just good bye.  **sniff**

I thought the Immunity Question would be an easy one, until I read the answers in favor of Timeline.  I thoroughly agree!  My first choice though would have been PS I Love You.  ...In fact, that'll be what I stick with(but if it's at all possible, if no one else votes for PS I Love You, you can just count my vote for Timeline as well for the reasons given so far.  I hope that's okay...?).  My reasons for PS I Love You being the most entertaining is, although it hits me in the feels at several points throughout the movie, like a knife stab to the gut or heart, the various characters and flashbacks of Gerry's life just lift my spirits right back up.  I laugh just as much as I cry, if not more.  I liken each character and their quirks to being surrounded by a group of friends cheering me up, Gerry himself included.  Add that to the BEAUTIFUL Irish scenery(landscapes as well as Gerry :P ) and music and Gerry singing...I just love it all so much!

I'll vote off Olympus Has Fallen this week. It's hard to pick any of these remaining movies as I loved them all.

Got it, Kathy, Sarah, and Sherry. :)

I vote off Olympus Has Fallen.     I think PSILY was the most entertaining.     Gerry was funny, I loved seeing and hearing him singing.     I liked all the characters.     I also really liked the Ireland scenery.     Think I'll watch it tonight.

Got your vote and answer to the Immunity Question, Bonnie. :)

I vote off Olympus Has Fallen.  To answer the Immunity Question, for me, Timeline was the most entertaining of the remaining films. It had everything I like: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action, Political Intrigue, Time Travel, and Romance! That's a winning combination! :)

Week 29- Immunity Questions end this week

Gerry's movies are all waiting to be shown in a film festival. In weeks 25-29 (or until 5 movies remain), vote ONE movie OFF. You may also answer the Immunity Question of the week, but it is not required. The movie that is named most often as the "answer" to the question will be immune from elimination the following week. Vote by posting your choices TO BE ELIMINATED and answers to the IMMUNITY Questions on this thread. You are to consider each film as a WHOLE (plot, costuming, chemistry between co-stars, etc.) NOT just Gerry’s performance, in deciding which film to vote off.

Voting will end each Sunday at 8pm Pacific Time, 10pm Central time, and 11pm Eastern time. NO LATE VOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Eliminated last week was: Olympus Has Fallen. The winner of the Immunity Question was Timeline. It is immune from elimination this week. 

Week 29

In no specific order, here are our movie competitors. Please vote ONE OFF. Optional Immunity Question: If you could only own ONE of the remaining movies, which one would you choose? Why? Please note that the ONLY path to immunity is the immunity question.

Friendly reminder:  It's not how many weeks you vote a movie off that counts, it's how many other players vote the same way in one week that counts  :rockon:

Dear Frankie 

P. S. I Love You 

The Jury 

Timeline - Immune

Attila 

Eliminated:

Week 1:  Movie 43 and Tomorrow Never Dies

Week 2:  Tale of the Mummy; Harrison's Flowers and The Cherry Orchard (tie for 2nd place)

Week  3:  Fast Food and Little White Lies

Week  4:  An Unsuitable Job for a Woman and Please!

Week  5:  The Young Person's Guide to Becoming a Rock Star and Tale of the Black Freighter

Week  6:  Shooters, Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married, and Jewel of the Sahara (tie for 2nd place)

Week  7:  Gamer and Coriolanus

Week  8:  How to Train Your Dragon- 1 and 2

Week  9:  The Bounty Hunter,  Dracula 2000, and Shattered (tie for 2nd place)

Week 10: One More Kiss

Week 11: Mrs. Brown

Week 12: Reign of Fire

Week 13: A Family Man (Headhunters Calling)

Week 14: Rock'n'Rolla

Week 15: Gods of Egypt

Week 16: Miracle Match (Game of Their Lives)

Week 17: Playing for Keeps

Week 18: Law Abiding Citizen

Week 19: Lara Croft, Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life

Week 20: Nim's Island

Week 21: The Ugly Truth

Week 22: Geostorm

Week 23: Chasing Mavericks

Week 24: Den of Thieves

Week 25: Machine Gun Preacher

Week 26: London Has Fallen

Week 27: Beowulf & Grendel

Week 28: Olympus Has Fallen

This week, I vote to boot off The Jury, even though it was some of Gerry’s best work. As for the one movie I want to Keep, that’s hard too. Dear Frankie made me think, PS: I Love You brought too many sad memories, but Timeline was where I discovered Gerry. So Timeline gets my vote. Suzie

I vote OFF The Jury. And I would have to own P S I Love You because it is a wonderful movie and I am IN the Karaoke Scene with Gerry and the other stars❣️🥰

Yup...the rest of this is gonna be incredibly painful!

I'm gonna vote to say good bye to 300...

Definitely out of the remaining movies, I would choose PS I Love You.  It's got everything I love in a movie!

I vote off The Jury reluctantly. Gerry was awesome in that series. If I could only have one movie it would be Dear Frankie because the story was so thought provoking and Gerry was so convincing in his role. It was also located in Scotland and Gerry could be Scottish. I would have to have that movie over the others listed. 

~Hugs~ Kathy

I vote off The Jury - sadly.     I would definitely choose Dear Frankie if I could only have one.    Dear Frankie is my favorite Gerry movie after POTO.     I never knew there was a Gerard Butler until POTO.     Then I started haunting the internet, GALS,  video rental places, etc. for all his movies.    At one point - as soon as it was available - I had three copies of DF (all rentals) - just in case there was a world-wide shortage of his movies..............Definitely, I would want a copy of Dear Frankie.    :pantingheart: