Gerard Butler GALS

Which Movie, Who Said It, and in Which Scene pt.5

Hi caireen. Just got home about 30 minutes ago. Good show. Final show as the resident band. Now they're looking for a gig that pays! haha!

So sorry to hear you didn't get the job. Let's hope this class will help you in moving forward. It's never a bad idea to take classes. Things are always changing, and we all need to keep up. 

I just went to the GALS forum, and then connected to the Games. Not a problem for me. Maybe you should try to contact Lady Elissa. She's the GAL who officially closes threads. See if she can send you a suggestion.

Your quote is Attila, Attila to the grave of Galen, just before he finds the sword.

Next:"Free publicity!" Man to man.

So, shutting down. Gotta get up in the morning for Pilates. But my regular 11am class, not the 9:45 one.

See you all tomorrow. Have a good day, caireen!

Rayna

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ladies.

Caireen, maybe you weren't meant to get that job. Like Rayna said, classes are always good on improving your skills.

This is POTO and Firmin to Andre the morning after Christine goes missing.

Next quote:  "Where in the world have you been hiding?"   (woman to woman)

Everyone have a good day. Be back later.

Lyn

Morning, Lyn.

Got busy this morning and forgot to get on the site.

Caireen....I really think things happen for a good reason!  Concentrate on your classes and it will pay off for you.  You never know where things will take you!  Good luck.

Just saw the weather predictions....3 - 6 inches of snow this evening.  So thrilled! And I don't get out of SC until 10pm.  This is the first year that I really do hate living in Michigan!  This winter has been brutal!

From POTO....Meg to Christine walking down the backstage hall.

Next: "He is pleased with you."  (woman to young woman)

Back later.

Pat

POTO, Mme Giry to Christine in her Dressing room.

Ignorant fool... (man's voice to woman)

I'm not unhappy that I didn't get the job - commuting two hours every day is not funny. There was a good reason why I decided on starting these classes and stop sending further applications.

I wanted to take those classes for several years, but didn't know they actually existed. It's basically the theoretic part of an apprenticeship - the part, that the 15 - 18-year-olds learn in three years at school. Since I have enough practical experience as admin assistant  - the official title of the apprenticeship might translate as office clerk  - I can take these classes within a few months instead of doing a three-year - or maybe two-year- apprenticeship and skip the practical training part that usually takes up most of time of the apprenticeship.  You learn how to do do all the administrative duties, accountancy and other things you need in an office. I did an accountancy class a few years ago, and right now I'm grateful for that, because that will be something I won't have to learn again.

What really annoys me though is the fact, that I could have taken those classes already two years ago - if somebody had only told me, they existed! But my advisors at the Unemployment Services never even mentioned them, even though I told them what I wanted to do.

Same with the Institution for adult education, where I took the accountancy classes. I mentioned several times what kind of classes I was interested in. Instead I received Information about classes  about payroll - despite emailing them 4 times not to send those kind of Information anymore, they kept on sending it. The last time I emailed them I received an envelope containing precisely those payroll classes again. Just thinking about it upsets me again. Maybe I'll give the ladies in the office a good talking to tomorrow.

Edited by caireen

Morning, Pat and Lyn. Evening, Caireen!

Thanks for the info on your job hunting, Caireen. It's too bad the advisers didn't listen to what you were telling them. But it seems you have a chance now, and that's a good thing. And a two-hour commute everyday would be brutal! So in a way, it's good you didn't get the job.

This is POTO, the Phantom to Christine, gaslighting her against Raoul, right after her debut.

Next:"And I heard, as I'd never heard before..." Woman to man.

I'll stop by to see if there's anyone here before I leave for class.

Rayna

Hi ladies.

This is POTO and rictine to Raoul on the roof.

Next quote: "Now it is war upon you both"     (man to man and woman)

Be back later.

Lyn

Hi. Leaving now.

This is POTO, the Phantom in the cemetery, to Raoul and Christine as they ride away.

Next:"How long should we two wait before we're one?" Woman to man.

Back later.

Rayna

edited for: no one's been here since me. I'm leaving for the 1:45 Dragon 3 down the street. I'll be back around 4ish, I guess.

Edited by raynbow

Hi Rayna.

This is POTO and Christine to Phantom during his opera.

Next quote:  "Your chains are still mine, you belong to me! "  (man to woman)

Shutting down. Talk tomorrow. Have a nice evening, ladies.

Lyn

Hi girls. Went to the 2pm showing of Dragon 3. Pretty good! Gerry's in it for like 2 minutes. I wonder how much they paid him for that? haha! About 10 people in the room with me, maybe less. I didn't count. Glad I saw it. I'm sure Ed would not be interested in this one. He's only seen the first one, and that was on DVD. I do have the 2nd film. Maybe I can get him to watch that with me, and we'll go see this one while it's in the theater. Very lovely production. 

This is POTO, the Phantom to Christine, at Masquerade, when he takes her necklace with Raoul's engagement ring.

Next:"For the past three years these things do happen." Woman to two men, crowd present.

I'm around. Probably do the ironing tonight. About an hour's worth.

Rayna

Hi Caireen. 

This is POTO, Firmin to Andre, regarding Carlotta, during Notes, when they're convincing her to sing in their opera Il Muto.

Next:"There have been too many accidents!" Woman to man.

Sorry I can't stay on to play. Hope you have a good day.

Rayna

Morning ladies.

Its no wonder you overslept. The crazy week you are having.

I'll guess this is POTO and Christine singing in Phantoms play.

Next quote:  "Order your fine horses..."    (woman to man)

Have a good day everyone. Back later.

Lyn

Morning, girls. Hope you're having a good day.

You got Caireen's quote right, Lyn. I'd actually posted the end of that quote earlier.

This is POTO, Christine to Raoul, on the roof.

Next:"...a disaster beyond your imagination will occur." Man to two men.

Rayna

OK, I'm going to guess on this one. Is it POTO and Phantom to Firmin and Andre in Notes?

If right, next quote: "Perhaps once"  (man to man)

If not, give it to me.

Lyn

You got it. I couldn't leave any other kind of clue.

This is Attila, Attila to Aetius, when he's asked if he's ever loved a woman.

Next:"Teach him well." Woman to man.

Heading out. Back at 1 my time. Repairman coming between 1-5 today.

Rayna

Hi. I'm home. No word from the repair guy yet. At least I didn't miss his call! I have nothing to do, so it's ok.

This is Attila, Honoria to Attila, in the Roman bath.

Next:"Day is going down." Man to man and woman, other men present.

I'll be back after I make my lunch.

Rayna

Hi Rayna.

Bet you'll be glad when its fixed. No more trucking your laundry around. I remember when me kids were 6,7,and 8 and we didn';t have a washer or dryer. I would fill 2 grocery carts on wheels and we would all walk to the laundromat. Beleive me, no fun.

This is B&G and one of Beowulfs men to him and Selma at her hut.

Next quote: "What did he do?"    (man to man)

Shutting down. Talk tomorrow. Have a nice evening. I've been doing the bathroom and I'm pooped!

Lyn

Hi Lyn. Have a good evening. Still no word. Just watching the hearing.

This is B&G, Wulfy to Hrothgar, asking what Grendel's dad did to make the Danes kill him.

Next:"Only the hard. Only the strong." Man speaking.

Rayna

edited for: repair guy showed up around 6pm. Said my machine is good, and not to look for a new model. Mine is better than the newer ones. He installed the new pieces. I did a load of laundry. Spin cycle is working now! Yay!

No one came back on all night. See you guys tomorrow. Not an early day for me, but I sometimes wake up early anyway.

Edited by raynbow

Morning, Girls.

Glad your washing machine survived, Rayna.....saved you some money!!!

Don't overwork yourself cleaning, Lyn.

Drinking my coffee.  I have to leave at 330a to do the third shift at Steelcase.  This is our last day for regular annual audios.  We'll have to go back one day for all those that have a shift in their hearing.  Now, I have to get all these tests in the computer so we can see who has a shift. 

Hope the roads are good.  Haven't seen a weather report or looked out the door to see if we had any additional snow during the night.  Wait, it's still night!!! lol

Not real sure of your quote, Rayna.  I know it's 300....maybe Delios during his narrating about the 300.

Next: "It was an honor to have lived by your side."  (man to man....other men present)

Gotta get some lunch packed.  I work from 4a to 1p today.

Everyone have a good day.

Pat