Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

The Phantom's Hope

Now here's a thought...

Maybe it was Madame Giry who put the rose on Christine's grave...

Deb :mopboyerik:

I only got reconciled to POTO by fantasizing that Erik and Mme. Giry ended up together. It's obvious she loved him....

and he could see it too, if he would just open his eyes to the possibility. :wideeyes:

Lori in Atlanta :lalala:

I feel like that about someone....unreachable. Heart-breaking....sweet.

Thanks for the lyrics.

I think....

Lori in Atlanta

sorry to hear that Lori. :comfort:

(I never allow myself to believe that the rose at the end meant that Erik never got over Christine, that thought would be too painful) I don't think the Phantom ever got over Christine. Erik loved her so much that he even killed for her, because people got in his way. I think Christine always cared and remembered the Phantom. It was such a deep passionate love and attraction. I would have chosen the Phantom. I connect with him so much more than Raoul, who had everything his whole life. The Phantom and Christine could have lived a good life together. So I don't think the Phantom ever got over Christine, or that Christine ever forgot the Phantom. The rose at the end of the movie is such a lovely sentiment, and it brakes my heart, and then the movie is over, and i have to watch it all over again. On the 2 disk special edition POTO, there is an additional scene where the Phantom is singing a song called "No one would listen" to the tune of " Learn to be lonely" . It is a beautiful scene and such a lovely sad song also. I don't know why they cut it out of the movie. The Phantom is just handsome singing it. I love the Phantom of the Opera so very much. It is one of my favorite movies. The music is amazing. I listen to my CD often, and have gotten my daughters all stuck on the movie and CD. The Phantom is there waiting for someone to love him,and I do. I love my husband too. TallMary :music:

(I never allow myself to believe that the rose at the end meant that Erik never got over Christine, that thought would be too painful) I don't think the Phantom ever got over Christine. Erik loved her so much that he even killed for her, because people got in his way. I think Christine always cared and remembered the Phantom. It was such a deep passionate love and attraction. I would have chosen the Phantom. I connect with him so much more than Raoul, who had everything his whole life. The Phantom and Christine could have lived a good life together. So I don't think the Phantom ever got over Christine, or that Christine ever forgot the Phantom. The rose at the end of the movie is such a lovely sentiment, and it brakes my heart, and then the movie is over, and i have to watch it all over again. On the 2 disk special edition POTO, there is an additional scene where the Phantom is singing a song called "No one would listen" to the tune of " Learn to be lonely" . It is a beautiful scene and such a lovely sad song also. I don't know why they cut it out of the movie. The Phantom is just handsome singing it. I love the Phantom of the Opera so very much. It is one of my favorite movies. The music is amazing. I listen to my CD often, and have gotten my daughters all stuck on the movie and CD. The Phantom is there waiting for someone to love him,and I do. I love my husband too. TallMary :music:

Greatly spoken...

She was too young, simply.

Too afraid to make that leap, despite the obvious attraction. I have seen a lot ( A LOT! ) of POTO-videoes, and this one really gets across her inner turmoil.

I'm sure she always wondered what it could have been like, - and that she always loved him.

The lyrics:

He drowns in his dreams

An exquisite extreme I know

He’s as dumb as he seems

And more heaven than a heart could hold

And if I try to save him

My whole world could cave in

It just ain’t right

It just ain’t right

Oh when I don’t know

I don’t know what he’s after

But he’s so beautiful

Such a beautiful disaster

And if I could hold on

Through the tears and the laughter

Would it be beautiful?

Or just a beautiful disaster

His magical myth

As strong as with I believe

A tragedy with

More damage than a soul should see

And do I try to change him

So hard not to blame him

Hold on tight

Hold on tight

Oh cuz I don’t know

But he’s so beautiful

And if I could hold on

Would it be beautiful?

I’m longing for love and the logical

But he’s only happy hysterical

I’m waiting for some kind of miracle

Waited so long

So long

He’s soft to the touch

But afraid at the end he breaks

He’s never enough

And still leaves more than I can take

Oh cuz I don’t know

But he’s so beautiful

And if I could hold on

Would it be beautiful?

He’s beautiful

Thanks Eva Mari, I don't think I've ever seen that vid before. I don't know why. It's an amazing vid and it really shows the emotional challenge to Christine and Erik! The song say's it all.

:D Fran

Now here's a thought...

Maybe it was Madame Giry who put the rose on Christine's grave...

Deb :mopboyerik:

I never thought if this. It makes sense because what if the Phantom asked her to do it for him as a final request. She was always carrying out his demands. It sure did freak Raoul out though. ^_^