• Pour some sugar on me by Def Leppard
    • Jesse's Girl by Rick Springfield
    • Dancing in the dark by Bruce Springsteen
    • Jack and Diane by John Cougar
    • Head over heels by The Go-Gos
    • Vacation by The Go-Gos
    • Other
    • I don't or didn't listen to the music of the 80's

Hmmmm this was tough for me so i am going to say Heaven is a place on Earth by Belinda Carlisle.

for me, it was "How Soon Is Now?" by the Smiths. Still one of my all-time faves.

:confused:

That was a hard choice because there are soooo many great 80's songs. And that's the era that i most identify with- i was a teenager in the 80's. (Yes, i'm that old.lol)

I picked Head over heels by the Go-Gos. I remember they were the first group i bought an album by. But i almost picked Rick Springfield-he was such a cutie. :inlove: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

:butterfly:

It's got to be Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard for me, they're one of my all-time favorite bands :inlove:

As I read the list, I just asked myself this question: where were the acts *I* listened to? I'm 42 and was in the music business in the '80's. I was disappointed not to see people like David Bowie, New World Order (or its earlier incarnation, Joy Division), Bauhaus, Comsat Angels, etc., on the list.

::shrug:: I guess we all have different ideas about music.

Guest greyeyegoddess

Now, now Fiona, that's why there is a thread--to write in our own likes...(I LOVED NEW ORDER-and JOY DIVISION!)

If we are talking just those songs...I'd probably go Head over heels, because that song rocked compared to the others, although I did like Rhythm Nation. Rick Springfield was my first music crush...

It is hard to choose one, but right now, I'm kind of stuck on "The Look of Love" by ABC. Also "Love and Pride" by King (love them!)

~alice

Guest morgaine

My favourite song is "Livin' On A Prayer". :music:

I am a fan of Bon Jovi for 20 years.

My favourite song is "Livin' On A Prayer". :music:

I am a fan of Bon Jovi for 20 years.

Another Bon Jovi fan, I'll Be There for You.

or

You Take My Breath Away by Berlin.

Guest greyeyegoddess

That's right. Sunglasses at night by Corey Hart.

There's one picture of Gerry, close up that reminds me so much of Corey Hart or vice versa, however you see it.

But here's one to get it going: sunglasses

I was too busy listening to The Smiths and Duran Duran and The Style Council and Everything but the Girl, and so on and so on. I'm still listening to old Smiths and new Morrissey and I adore Paul Weller and old Style Council and hey, still have every Everything But The Girl cd in either the car or near the stereo. I'm a nut for old things from my childhood. If I could stuff Robbie Williams back then I may have a chance now. ::D: I loved New Order and Bauhaus. Peter Murphy back in the day ruled for me - next to Morrissey of course. Then I developed this like for Industrial and couldn't get enough of Front 242 or Skinny Puppy and KMFDM and Ministry and don't get me started on Nitzer Ebb and the Revolting Cocks. YEAH!!!!!

for me, it was "How Soon Is Now?" by the Smiths. Still one of my all-time faves.

Too popular and probably the only song that non Smiths fans would recognize. Don't get me wrong I love the song as well, but my hubby was a Cure fan to the hilt and still is. He hated the Smiths, but he liked this song. hum... Favorite Smiths song - Rubber Ring by far. LOVE IT!!!!

Cassie

Edited by Cassie

I picked Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard, I love them, and there was a lot of great heavy metal and hard rock back then, and hot musicians :cunning: , too bad I was just a baby :cry: I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it properly.

I Wanna Know What Love Is by Foreigner

Mmmmm Gerry!

That song takes me to a place!

When I saw the POTO fan video done to that song..I damn near exploded!

I feel what love is! I know you can show me!!!

:swoon:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

I was just at the end of the 80's music wise --- but i like to listen to it now --- and at that point i was listening to NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK. OY!!! what was i thinkin? BIG Bon Jovi fan -- love him ---and that one song --- "I'm Walkin on Sunshine" cant remember who did that but it’s my fav.

:doh: Okay I know this sounds weird but; me and my kids back then loved Horror movies and Thriller was kinda cool (werewolves and stuff). When my kids grew up and had their little ones well I played the video for them and they loved it too. Putting all aside he did dance well and his songs were very catchy.... :music::rotflmao: But really...who knew eh? :confused::bonk:

89!.......89!......888888-89!

Can you tell I was voted "Most School Spirit"?

My favorite song from the 80's I would have to say is:

Father Figure by George Michael....boy the memories

and now there is a great POTOvideo done to that song.

Knew I loved it....

Edited by redroseblackribbon

89!.......89!......888888-89!

Can you tell I was voted "Most School Spirit"?

My favorite song from the 80's I would have to say is:

Father Figure by George Michael....boy the memories

and now there is a great POTOvideo done to that song.

Knew I loved it....

:heat: You are so right about that ! It is at youtube.com and some said it was kinky because of the age diffeance.. I thought it was perfect given that he was acting as the Angel sent by her father to guide her.... :wub:

I love Rick Springfield! :strawberry: I wish I was jesse's girl so Rick would be singing about me!!!! It is 80's week on Regis and Kelly, and on thursday the 10th Rick will be guest starring! If you like Rick or other 80's icons, tune in!!!! They are havin someone different all week!! :hugsandsnogs: :butterfly:

Ok, even though I'm a HUGE Rick Springfield fan, I had to pick Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me". That song brings back some very good memories for me. :behave:

Jen (Siamsa)

Well seeing as I have always been a big Def Leppard fan I chose Pour Some Sugar on Me.

Oh what wicked thoughts come to mind thinking about that song and Gerry... I could see pouring some sugar on him :heat:

I was born as the 80's ended, but I voted anyway, haha. I picked Jesse's Girl by Rick Springfield, because I know it, and I like it. I liked other songs up there, but I just picked this one.

And Rayne, I love that picture in your sig, it's beautiful.