Gerard Butler GALS

Well, hopefully now about forty or so hours after the fact, my head is clear enough to post my story! Not to mention having to catch up on some MUCH needed sleep.

I won’t relive every moment leading up to it, since everyone else’s stories and the basic brief synopsis cover all that…so here goes.

After Swansong received her Butler Award for talent (beautifully, BEAUTIFULLY done, Bonnie Anne!!), I suddenly got nervous, realizing there was one more Butler Award for video-making that I had entered…would he be giving that one out as well?

During his informal, hilarious and very moving speech, and after Bethy and Dayna got their much deserved hugs, finally getting to meet him face to face; Tonya (who is a DOLL), told him he only had a few minutes, and he turned to someone asking that he had another award to give out, right? I think my heart stopped, waiting and wondering. Nancy (Attila Girl) stood next to me and held my hand as Gerry was handed the “envelope” (a 3x5 card :smile: ) and began to explain how much he enjoyed each video, how he’s brought to tears at times watching them. He was right...each video was so bloody brilliant! Each had its own style and were very well done, I was honored to "tech" for vids that night! Side note: Thank you Nancy for holding onto my hand…I think I might have fainted without it.

When Gerry announced “Abrock,” I think my brain decided to take a permanent vacation, and I numbly made my way through to the stage, Dawn shouting “Make way!” behind me :lol:

I get behind Bethy and stop, not being able to process how to get on the stage (blast one’s simple reasoning deciding to take flight during one’s most needy time!). Bethy turns around and says, “Get up there, girl!” while Gerry motions to me and says, “Come on up here, Melissa!”

Perhaps some other GALS can fill in the gaps here…because I don’t remember everything, being quite overcome. I remember being locked into a tight hug and hearing Gerry say, “You smell great!” and then, “You can take me home as well!” (He told Bonnie Anne that she could take him home and sing to him all she wanted) After that comment, I don’t remember much… (haha) I’m told he made a comment that I was superglued to him or something of that nature.

*ahem* While it looked as though I was the one prolonging the hug, I promise Gerry takes blame as well! ::D: I loosened my arms a couple of times to let go, but he wasn’t yet, so…you hang on, don’t you? Of course you do! :;):

Gerry asked if I wanted a picture and I replied as if someone had offered me a piece of gum or something. “Sure,” I replied, or at least, I think I did…

My sister Marcie (Mousie) whom I had lost track of as we all approached the stage to see and hear him better, exclaimed “That’s my little sister!” I found her just off the stage, pointed and said, “Yes, that’s my sister!” Gerry said, “You’re her sister? Well, come on up and take a photo then!”

So, after flashes are snapped everywhere and I’m partially blind (no wonder so many celebrities wear sunglasses!) I was suddenly facing Gerry again as he handed me the small silver box with the award in it and said, “Congratulations.” By the way, these awards are silver necklace charms that Dr. Batista designed and handmade…they are bloody gorgeous!! (I don’t have a digital camera at work, so I can’t post a picture…perhaps Swan or Annette can or perhaps already has?)

Anyhow, after he congratulates me and hands me the box, I say “Thank you………” And then, looking at him, “Thank you.” (pause while my mind clicks over and his eyes are on mine) “……I don’t know what else to say.”

“It’s okay,” he assures me, holding my hand; “You don’t have to say anything else.” He said that when he was a kid, he always felt bad whenever he met a celebrity and never knew what to say, but turns out it’s really okay.

“I guess my video says it all,” I say. He agrees and the next thing I know I’m stepping off the stage as Tonya and Dayna are trying to get him out the door. While Gerry handed me the box and we had a half a minute or so of private conversation, Dayna was on the mic telling everyone that Gerry really had to leave to attend his friend’s film premiere. I didn’t hear a word of that. It wasn’t until after the whole thing, and we were watching what Sporran had filmed on the big screen in the hospitality suite, that I remembered what so many fans have said in their stories throughout the years, that when he’s talking to you, you feel like it’s just you and him, no one else. I was aware of the commotion around me, general chatting of the conventioneers and perhaps a voice over the microphone, but it was essentially lost on most of it. It was such a great moment. And yes, it is true…cameras don’t do justice to that handsome man, especially those eyes. (And considering how freakin’ photogenic he is…that’s saying something!) Their color that night was kind of a greenish-blue aqua, but like Swan wrote, like no other color you can explain, “firelight through diamonds.”

I felt like I was on post-surgical pain meds for the rest of the night, except that I wasn’t sleepy by any means. Just quite light-headed and occasionally weepy. Of course, just after I hung up with my mom, Mousie and I telling her the news, where a sudden outpouring of tears had occurred; here comes Gerry’s video-ographer Jeremy (who we ALL fell in love with over the course of the weekend) with the camera on, saying, “So, how do you feel right now?”

I laughed and said to the camera, “Hey, you aren’t supposed to see this part!” I eventually cleared my eyes and told the camera what I might have told Gerry in person had I had my wits about me.

Words cannot describe what kind of emotions I’ve gone through these last couple of days. Can I just say how surprised I am at my emotional reaction?? Especially seeing my face in the photos....I had NO idea I looked like I was hugging someone who'd just returned from war or something. I mean, I’ve been so overwhelmed and was so overcome by the whole thing! Of course, meeting Gerry face to face wasn’t the only thing that’s set this off…meeting and getting to know and love so many women from so many walks of life and even nations, seeing their love for life and for each other…and all because we’ve been touched by this one man who brilliantly shares his talent with us.

Before he announced the winner for videos, Gerry said he’d seen the competing videos (yay for Jeremy!) and was brought to tears a couple of times, and how great each of them were, concluding that to win the award was quite special. To know that I created a piece of art that touched him is so overwhelming, after being so affected by his work and him as a person…just amazing and so humbling and rewarding for me. My life has changed for the better since I discovered his talent, causing me to search for information and meeting so many other fans who get me.

Thank you SOOOO much to Dayna, Stef, Jenni and Annette, and everyone else involved to bring forth this amazing convention…even if I hadn’t had my moment with Gerry, even if he’d not been able to show up at all, it was still such an amazing and wonderful experience.

Thank you Tonya and Jeremy for coming, for supporting us and being so incredibly wonderful! Tonya, I was sad I didn’t get the chance to say hello and officially meet you…I hope I’m able to someday soon, you are such a doll!

All you GALS and everyone from the other sites represented there, thank you for your kindness, for your congratulations and hugs for the award, for sharing all your wonderful talents, beauty and personalities. Repeating myself from Saturday night,

I am in a good mood!” w00t!

Mousie, I'm so glad we were able to go to this together and have THE best weekend! I love you!

And lastly, but certainly not least…ly? :;): Thank you thank you THANK YOU Gerry for coming. Can’t say that enough…and I continue to be stunned by your generosity, and that of your team. The video I entered was one I’d had in my head for about a year before I was finally able to make it…I’m so glad you were touched by it.

~Mel (Abrock)

I'm so glad for you!

Your state of euphoria will last for quite a while, if memory serves from the first time I saw him, met him in person.

You are absolutely right about those eyes -they have to invent a new word in the English language to describe them and the way they "zone" in on you when he's talking or listening.

I got such a charge out of reading your entire account of the evening. Congratulations on being able to keep your cool!

Pat

That actually made me cry...my eyes are all puffy and red, my nose is clogged, and I couldn't be happier for you. Thank you so much for sharing that amazing experience with us, I don't know how you didn't break down and just stutter, or just stare at him blankly. Again, thank you, thank you for sharing!

Lovely Sweet Mel,

Your vid was absolutley wonderful. Watching you on stage with Gerry was one of the happiest moments at the convention. I stood there with all YOUR fans grinning from ear to ear and feeling so happy for you. It was a tremendous pleasure to have met you!

Hugs!

Carrie :inlove:

*tackles Mel*

Oooh, sweetie!

I am crying again!

You deserved your moment with the man!

Your videos are always so beautiful and passionate,

I am not at all surprised that something that you created would

move him!

So glad that he said it.

I know what you mean about not knowing what happened after he left the stage.

I still don't remember where the hell I was.. :lol:

But you are a sweetie, and I was so touched that he gave you and Bonnie your awards.

You and Bonnie created beauty in your own ways, a beauty that reflects the passion of that man. It only made sense for him to present you with your awards.

And you did smell great, by the way!! hehe

Love ya girlie!

:hugs:

Bethy

I was so happy for you Mel. I guess you'll be buying a ton of that body spray you used since Gerry thought it "smelled good". I was wondering do we call you A-brock now instead of Ab-rock? :;): Since you know who said your name in that lovely accent.

::D: congratulations ! and thankyou for sharing it with us!

I am so moved by all the love! you had me crackin up about the hug, yeah, I woulda held on also! lol!

Your story was just full life and and beautiful! Congrats on the award ! and on meeting Gerry! :heat:

But also on the lifetime of memories, and time shared with such good friends! ::D:

Thank you so much for sharing your incredible experience with us. Your story was so wonderful I had to read it twice.....and each time my eyes filled with tears.

I am so very happy for you, I want to give you a hug. ::D:

Thanks again,

Love,

Marianne

Mousie, I'm so glad we were able to go to this together and have THE best weekend! I love you!

And lastly, but certainly not least…ly? :;): Thank you thank you THANK YOU Gerry for coming. Can’t say that enough…and I continue to be stunned by your generosity, and that of your team. The video I entered was one I’d had in my head for about a year before I was finally able to make it…I’m so glad you were touched by it.

~Mel (Abrock)

WOW! Thanks for telling that tale! What a fabulous story about that night and what you went through. Also, I want to tell you that your video is MY FAVORITE!!!!! OMG! I'm so happy you won. The competition must have been amazing with all that talent here, but THAT video is just AWESOME. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

And how cool is it that Gerry watched them. WOW! Does that mean HE chose the winner??

Mel you were a delight! We were all rooting for you I think! It was so touching to see you and Gerry on stage together. I want to know what your fragrance was that Gerry liked so much so I can get some!!! I am glad we met in the parking garage and exchanged goodbye hugs with you and your sis. You are both very sweet! Hope to see you again sometime. Thanks for sharing your story, sweetie.

Big hugs...Robyne

And how cool is it that Gerry watched them. WOW! Does that mean HE chose the winner??

The vote was by the Convention attendees! ::D:

Congratulations on winning. :cheer2: Your "Lucky Man" and "Wonderwall" vids are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your story.

Abrock, that was a special moment when you won the video award. When Gerry told you that you smelled good, I thought I would die and it didn't even happen to me!!

It was great meeting you and your sister.

Val

I don't know you...but I just wanted to say I was very moved by your story. It was so sweet of him to come and surprise everyone like that...but then...that is Gerry isn't it? Always full of surprises... ::D:

I'm so happy for you guys.

And then, looking at him, “Thank you.” (pause while my mind clicks over and his eyes are on mine) “……I don’t know what else to say.”

“It’s okay,” he assures me, holding my hand; “You don’t have to say anything else.” He said that when he was a kid, he always felt bad whenever he met a celebrity and never knew what to say, but turns out it’s really okay.

I was just talking about meeting someone I'm a fan of a few weeks ago on another site....how I didn't know what to say to her, and how I would be the same way with Gerry.lol It's nice to know I'm not alone; you sound like you did fine though.... :kisswink:

Edited by Janine

Mel,

You know, I was thinking that night at the ball, after Gerry left, when I snapped a photo of you and Bonnie and Bethy, that if there had been only three people to choose that night to get to meet Gerry, you would have been the three I would have picked!

I have enjoyed your videos so many times in the past, and it was a great pleasure to meet you in person and giggle at your witty one-liners!

And a special thanks to you for running the dvd of the video (created by Gerrys1PhantomFan!) for my performance at the Talent Show. I could not have presented the song in the way I had chosen if not for Miranda's, Stef's, and your technical expertise, and your loving generous hearts!

Oh, and I just want you to know that I called you A-brock before Gerry did! :rotflmao: I'm glad now that my mispronunciation is accepted and has your Gerry stamp of approval! :lol: I don't feel so embarrassed now for saying it wrong!

Love,

Songbird

“I guess my video says it all,” I say. He agrees and the next thing I know I’m stepping off the stage as Tonya and Dayna are trying to get him out the door. While Gerry handed me the box and we had a half a minute or so of private conversation, Dayna was on the mic telling everyone that Gerry really had to leave to attend his friend’s film premiere. I didn’t hear a word of that. It wasn’t until after the whole thing, and we were watching what Sporran had filmed on the big screen in the hospitality suite, that I remembered what so many fans have said in their stories throughout the years, that when he’s talking to you, you feel like it’s just you and him, no one else. I was aware of the commotion around me, general chatting of the conventioneers and perhaps a voice over the microphone, but it was essentially lost on most of it. It was such a great moment. And yes, it is true…cameras don’t do justice to that handsome man, especially those eyes. (And considering how freakin’ photogenic he is…that’s saying something!) Their color that night was kind of a greenish-blue aqua, but like Swan wrote, like no other color you can explain, “firelight through diamonds.”

Words cannot describe what kind of emotions I’ve gone through these last couple of days. Can I just say how surprised I am at my emotional reaction?? Especially seeing my face in the photos....I had NO idea I looked like I was hugging someone who'd just returned from war or something. I mean, I’ve been so overwhelmed and was so overcome by the whole thing! Of course, meeting Gerry face to face wasn’t the only thing that’s set this off…meeting and getting to know and love so many women from so many walks of life and even nations, seeing their love for life and for each other…and all because we’ve been touched by this one man who brilliantly shares his talent with us.

Before he announced the winner for videos, Gerry said he’d seen the competing videos (yay for Jeremy!) and was brought to tears a couple of times, and how great each of them were, concluding that to win the award was quite special. To know that I created a piece of art that touched him is so overwhelming, after being so affected by his work and him as a person…just amazing and so humbling and rewarding for me. My life has changed for the better since I discovered his talent, causing me to search for information and meeting so many other fans who get me.

~Mel (Abrock)

my dearest Mel....hopefully one day I will be able to meet you in person, after seeing your posts and kind of *getting to know you* over this miracle of wires and keys...

I so loved being allowed to share this special moment with you and then putting it all together with the pictures just is so "pairrrrrfect" that I am beside myself trying to figure out how to put it all into adequate words....and I know just what you mean about the emotional reaction to meeting him....it is really quite breathtaking, to say the least!!!!

As I have said about a million (or soooo) times, it is the way you feel that you are really *seen* by him and the kindness in his eyes that just speak to the very heart of you.

I think you have really managed to express so *well* the beautiful things about Gerry that make him so special and the wonderful *connections* which we have all been so blessed to share out here in **Gerry-land**....and it was *almost like being there* as I read the words you shared from your heart....

I am soooo happy for you that you had such an incredible *Gerry-moment* and I will very much look forward to seeing your video when it is not the middle of the night (LOL) and I can turn on the sound! (thats what I get for being the Night Owl!)

Take care and *thank you* from my grateful heart for sharing your story with all of us who are re-living it all through you~~~ ::D:

xoxoxoxCheri

A-BROCK.

When he said that, I damn near passed out!

I loved the look on your face, and the look on his.

Your hug lasted for what seemed like an hour!

I was so happy for you, I don't think I took any pictures.

I just stood there with the biggest dumb grin on my face.

A couple times, I might have said.. "That's my girl!" or something.

Again, I'll have to review the video to be certain..the night just seems to be like a dream...

Again, I am sorry that I missed the vids for the Award. I had to go back to my room to rest.

I was so happy when I heard you won, because you know I LOVE the Ordinary video.

You know when Gerry catches that Ball from the GOTL clip, I always almost fall out of my chair!

And I am not surprised at all, that something you created would touch him.

I'm just so happy that you got to hear him say it!

:hugs:

Bethy

Abrock-Mel-- Thank you for your story- I am geting chills just reading it-- Congratulations to you and the others for your awards and the pretsenter!!!!!

Annemarie

Congratulations Abrock! Your story brought tears to my eyes, it was as if I had been there as well! And I think I might have hugged him for quite some time as well ::D:

I think your video is just amazing, I've watched it over and over again, and had to watch it again now after reading your story. And to think Gerry has seen it and loved it too... :lol:

I know I'm probably never going to meet him in person, but reading other people's stories is almost like the real thing! I'm so happy for all of you who attended the convention.