Gerard Butler GALS

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hey, I've always thought it was pronounced A-Brock too!! Ya mean it isn't??

It is now, according to Gerry and Abrock!

Long distant hugs to you and Mousie!

~alice

*wiping tears*

Oh dear Lord...the response to this is overwhelming, so many kind comments....! I LOVE THIS PLACE, BABY!!

There are so many things I want to say, but lack the ability right now...what can I say but I love you all soooo much!

About the pronounciation of my name...I originally prounced it A-brock myself when I first came up with it. I sorta did Ab-rock later on because it made more sense...it's techincally short for Absolute Rock (silly story behind that ::D: )

It's quite funny, because Saturday morning Jill (discoveringme) asked me which pronounciation I preferred. I said I'd have to think on it. Well...Saturday night cleared it up for me!

Dear Mel!

Thank you! for touching all of our lives with your talent of putting the G-man to music and tapping into our emotions.

As I told Swan in her thread! I was totally perfect! and so well deserved

Love you

jennifer st. giles

Oh my gosh, Mel. I think I've gone into shock. I've had to retype that scentence three times. Oh, wow, wow, wow. I can't believe it!! I think I'm going crazy here. My mom even thinks it's awesome! :cheer2:

*faint* *die*

Oh my gosh, Mel. I think I've gone into shock. I've had to retype that scentence three times. Oh, wow, wow, wow. I can't believe it!! I think I'm going crazy here. My mom even thinks it's awesome! :cheer2:

*faint* *die*

PS: You knew it had to be somthing major to get my butt back to this site, didn't you? I think I'm back for good now. :)

Edited by MadameAngel

Congratulations on your well-deserved win and your special moments with The Man. Your vid is fantastic - as always. You've entertained us with many wonderful vids and you've certainly earned all the applause and recognition you can get. Enjoy!

Jane

Mel,

I'm new to this site since this past weekend. I just wanted to tell you how much I loved your video. If you told me it came out of Hollywood, I would have believed it. I have watched it over and over for the past 2 days, and am showing it to anyone who walks into my house. Do you do this professionally? Thank you for so much enjoyment.

Lemndrp (Diane)

Hey Madame! Even your mom thinks it's cool?? That rocks!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments...I'm still a little skeptic that it actually happened :lol: but the support I've recieved over the last week has been overwhelming.

Lemndrp! I saw your post over at gb.net, glad to see you found the video! I don't do this professionally, but I would like to someday. Thank you!

~Mel

Mel, I won't repeat all of what I said in my PM to you. (Everyone would be nodding off! :lol: ) But your talent shines thru and touches so many of us in so many ways. :music:

Like many others, I was thrilled to see you get your well-deserved hug from Gerry. What a wonderful moment to witness. You told your story beautifully as well. So, not only are you talented with your videos, but you are a talented story teller as well. You go Girl!!

And I'm just sooooo glad we've cleared up the issue with your name pronounciation. No question now, eh? :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Mel - I just read your story again, and even though I was there and witnessed everything,

it makes me teary eyed again, reading your own account of it.

Well you told me, I was crying when you came off stage. I don't remember, everything was kind of a haze, but I'm sure I was crying, just out of pure joy for you and Swan, Bethy and Dayna and everyone of us there, to be able to see and meet Gerry in person.

Hugs

Risa

I tell you what, ladies...reading the comments makes me all teary all over again. The emotions I went through that night...very difficult to describe! I think everyone feels the same way. I don't think I've ever recieved so many hugs in one night, not even when I graduated from high school...of course, that was a bit ago....(not a looooong time ago, but enough. :smile: )

Hooray for such fond memories! :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Mel:

You're awesome. I'd hire you in a heartbeat!!! I watch your video everyday!!!

Lemndrp

Thanks, Lemndrp! :wub:

Okay, have to share something funny....something that ran through my head when Gerry made the "superglue" comment...

It was this photo:

Posted Image

Why, you ask? Well, I once saw a photo caption game using this picture, and I posted something like, "I hate it when my whiskers get stuck on my shirt."

So, when that superglue comment was made, my mind produced that picture and the caption I'd made.

Isn't it weird to remember what random things ran through your mind at really cool moments in your life? :lol:

~Mel

Refresh my memory about what GerBear said about Superglue!

I remember 'you're suckin' me dry' and 'Gerry Juice' but not superglue. I must have been in the deep throes of a :gerrygasm:

:bonk: ::D:

Towards the end of my verra nice hug with Gerry....he made a comment about someone using superglue on me...because I was stuck to him, or something along those lines. :smile: That cad, I'd released my grip a couple of times to let go, but he stuck it out, and I was totally fine with that! And then he goes and blames it on superglue..... :lol: *sigh* Such a loveable man.