Gerard Butler GALS

Okay.

I am not sure if I will be able to remember everything, but I will try.

The convention was so beautiful, and meeting all the GALS there, and all the fans

from other sites was just so amazing. The love I felt in those 3 short days will keep me warm

for the rest of my life. I have never felt so loved by friends in my life.

I was running around the hotel the entire time I was there, picking things up, dropping things off, helping where and when I could..running from suite to suite..damn I hope I lost some weight..uh..probably not. ::D:

There was a gentleman at the convention videotaping it for Gerry.

His name was Jeremy, and he was a sweetie.

He videotaped me several times talking about, GALS, my Mother, how I feel about Gerry, to what I thought about B&G, and he even snuck a few shots in of me dirty dancing with Flat Gerry! :scared:

He was so delightful and fun, I got a picture taken with him, where I might have patted his bum a bit. hehe

Friday night, I started to feel a little sick. My skin condition makes it very painful to be in the heat, and when its hot, I don't eat, and then I get headaches.. and bah for some reason the air conditioning in the Alexandria Tower was acting freaky..

Even though I felt a little sick, I danced like a maniac!

I grabbed Flat Gerry and got downright craaazy.

All done in the name of fun!

Anyway, right around the time we were going to view the videos up for the Butler Award, I had to excuse myself to go back to the suite that Stef and I shared. I felt dizzy and sick to my stomache. I had to get some sleep so I wouldn't be sick for the next day..seeing Beowulf and the Dracula Ball.

I was sick perodically through the night, and woke up about 4am, running to the bathroom sick.

Afraid that I was going to wake Stef up, I went downstairs to the hotel bathroom, for a while.

I went to the 24 hour gift shop and bought 7up and pretzels.

I sprawled out on the suite's couch and munched on pretzels hoping like hell to feel better.

By the time we got our ride for Beowulf, I was feeling better.

I guess watching Gerry on the screen did the trick. ::D:

By the time the movie was over, I felt myself again.

When Dayna introduced me to Tonya, I was at 100%.

I felt great as we headed back to the Sahara, where a couple of us went to get something to eat.

I had a few moments that day to go to the Luxor and get some egyptian shopping done. By that time I was feeling PAIRFECT. And speaking of Egyptian, I was so touched that Annette (Dr Batista) made me a silver egyptian bracelet. I think I tackled her and Barb when I saw it.

When I got back to the suite, I started to get ready for the ball.

I noticed my skin was very blotchy and pale, but even with makeup, there was little I could do.

Stef helped me get into my gown that my Aunt made me, and we started to head to the ballroom.

People did doubletakes at me, thinking I must have been part of some show at the hotel, as I was dressed as Cleopatra.. (or in my case Cleobethra) complete with egyptian beads and a crown.

We had a great time taking pictures and talking.

As Swan went up to receive her award, I followed Susan.. (Sporran..who by the way was dressed in her Doctor's coat from Dracula 2000) to take pictures. I was so happy for Bonnie to be recognized for her song that I wanted some close-up shots of her, so I was already at the podium when Tonya asked for someone to help her lift the award..

Just then..Gerry came walking out.

The place went crazy and I just stood in silence with a hand over my mouth.

He took the stage and my eyes just locked onto him.

I tried to take pictures when I could, but I was just so shocked to see him.

I was so close that I could rest my hand on the side of the podium as he spoke.

His stories were so funny, and he cussed like he was talking to a group of old friends.

He was so amazing.

I don't know exactly when it happened but then he said something like.. " Where's the girl I called on Christmas.."

I froze for a moment, and it was then I felt hands behind me. GALS were helping me on the stage, as my gown was quite long. I set my camera on the podium and Gerry greeted me with a sweet smile.

I don't remember if we hugged before we spoke or not.

I'll have to view the videotape again to be sure.

He told me he read about my Mother's passing and he was very sorry.

It was then that he moved the microphone away and spoke to me quietly.

I appreciated that, as those sweet words that passed his lips were meant for me, and me alone.

His eyes were locked on mine, but in that moment when he spoke to me quietly, he looked down.

I had a chance to thank him, for the phone call.

Not only was it for me, and for all the fans, but it was for my Mother.

My Mother had told me when she started to get really sick that she was worried, if I was going to be okay.

I told her I was, even though I didn't believe it.

After Gerry called me, my Mother said that "If my daughter's favorite actor can call her on Christmas Day, then anything is possible."

I told Gerry this and thanked him for giving my Mother hope before she died.

My heart stopped as his eyes changed. His eyes were locked onto mine,

but in those moments his eyes changed and I felt something. I don't know what it was, but it

comforted me in a way I cannot adequately explain through words.

I saw his eyes swirl with color and I thought I saw them grow misty.

He hugged me and he whispered something to me, through our embrace, that I couldn't quite make out.

Maybe it was "It's okay" or "Shh" but I can't be certain. Through that hug, I kind of lost it.

The last thing he said to me was something like.. "you'll make it, because you have so many people here who love you.."

I don't even remember getting off the stage. All I remember is looking for my camera, asking everyone around me if they had seen it. I was just lost in my own emotions. I then remembered it was on the podium and I reached up and took it.

Gerry's moments with Mel were priceless, as were his moments with Dayna.

I thought I saw a small wink in my general direction as Gerry turned to leave the stage.

I did not follow him to the exit, as many fans did.

I stood where I was, and tried to wrap my brain around what had just happened.

I think I was still standing there moments after he left, and GALS started coming up to me.

What can I say?

What could I possibly say to express how much love I have in my heart?

What could I say to make Gerry, Tonya, Jeremy, Dayna, Jenni, Stef, Barb, Annette, and those others who

had a hand in the convention understand?

This is the man who inspires my dreams.

Though I am not currently chasing my dreams of becoming an actress, they still live within me.

All I wanted was a moment.

One moment to thank him for taking the time to call me on the phone Christmas Day.

One moment where those beautiful eyes could fall on me, and that blazing fire that lived behind them

would warm me.

One moment to let me know that my dreams can be reached if I believe.

And in those moments he made me believe.

I will learn to grow up.

I will lose that damned weight.

I will find a way to achieve all that I dream.

I have to try.

I have to believe there is a place for me in this world.

I have to try, because now I believe.

----------

In those moments when Gerry's eyes changed, I saw something that I couldn't quite place.

Maybe it was something inside of him, stirring something inside of me.

Something that I thought died with my Mother.

My Mother used to look at me with the sweetest, and most genuine love I had ever known.

It was a look of understanding and compassion.

It was a look that made me think that she believed in me.

I think that night, Gerry gave me that same look.

When I looked through some of the pictures that all of you took, my heart stopped at one of them.

I saw a picture with "that look"

Posted Image

I can't believe it was captured so beautifully.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will always be thankful for all who made that night possible.

There is a place in my heart for all of you.

And there is plenty of room there, because after that night..I think my heart is a little bigger.

I hope I made sense, as I can hardly see the screen through my tears.

With love and thanks,

Beth "Bethy" Crawford

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh goodness Bethy my darling, am bawling again! I love you so much, thank you for being the wonderful spirit you are and for sharing yourself with us. To be able to witness your moment with Gerry was the most touching thing I've ever experienced.

Love you, Stef

Bethy I am so happy for you. Your story made me cry (again). I hope Gerry knows how lucky he was to able to meet you.

Bethy,

That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us, I really felt like I was there. What an awesome man Gerry is and he continues to prove it over and over. What a thrilling and amazing moment that was for you.

HUGS!!!!

:tissues: Bethy, your story rips out my heart, but it hurts so good.

Thank you so much for sharing that...all these stories just bring home how special this man is, and how special all the ladies here at GALS are. Thank you, again, for sharing that very intimate moment.

Bethy, the first time I laid eyes on you Friday night I saw such a free spirit! I thought to myself, "Now there's a girl who enjoys life!" I didn't know you were the Cleobetha I have seen in posts. You lifted my spirits watching you enjoy yourself! I had forgotten you were the one who Gerry called on Christmas Day though I had heard the story and felt such care in my heart for you at the time and so happy that you had such a moment with Gerry in the midst of your sorrow. I was so surprised when I saw you go up on the stage after Gerry said "Where is the girl I called on Christmas?". I was overcome with sheer joy and awe at the concern and gentleness I saw on Gerry's face as he talked with you. Truly an inspiring moment! You are a precious person! I was glad to have just been able to witness it all with my own eyes! Bless you sweetie!

Hugs...Robyne

Wow... I'm a newby here... I just read your story and the heartfelt and poetic way you described your encounter with Gerry was priceless. I can totally relate to you wanting so badly to achieve your dreams and I am so glad he inspired you. I was inspired just reading about it. I am glad to hear that he is a man who genuinely cares about his fans.

May your dreams come true.

Guest Aislinn

Bethy,

What a beautiful recount of your experience at Vegas. I was standing to your right when Gerry was on stage and looked for you in the crowd. It was priceless the moment he first saw you. I will forever remember that.

Your words here are so beautiful. Because of where I was standing, I also saw the way he looked at you and focused his attention solely upon you. It brought tears to my eyes. I did not take any photos of that moment because it just seemed so personal and beautiful, a private moment and I did not want to have a flashbulb going off so close in his face. But I am happy for you that others were able to take the pictures from a less intrusive distance.

You truly were such a brave girl throughout your mom's illness and I am soooo very happy that you were able to meet Gerry in person.

Your mom was right, sweetie. There is always hope.

((Hugs))

~ Ashley/Aislinn

Edited by Aislinn

Hey Bethy,

Girlfriend you are awesome. I just have a quick reminder of the first words you said as soon as you turned around. It went something like this "Please tell me someone got a picture of that."

We love you and one quick question, "Where is your glass?" :inlove:

Chris

Hi Bethy,

I was standing rather toward the back of the crowd but I can tell you, being in the same room and getting to just share, by watching, tells me that our MAIN MAN has a heart of gold! (course I knew it but this just made it more concrete). I would have been frozen in time, had he looked at me the way he looked at you. I wish you ALL the best and KNOW you are loved!

Naoma

RezzRN

:ohbaby2: Within you is a spirit

Capable of touching stars

Stars above that'll lead you

Toward your golden dreams

Savor each experience,

for there is wisdom gained

Cry your tears,

Smile your smiles,

Believe that your dreams

are always close by.

Oh Bethy!

Thank you so much for your story, I'm so glad you met him, life can only get better and better after that!

You deserved that so much.

Way to go Gal!

Anna and MacWilley

Bethy!!!

Big squishy hugs...I was so thrilled when Gerry asked for you...and then to see the two of you together was amazing!!

Yes, there were photos and your memories will be forever in your heart and soul.

I'm glad you love the bracelet Dr.Batista made for you...we brainstormed a special gift for your biirthday from me. It is so 'you', oh Queen http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif :;):

Thanks for sharing your story with all Gerry's fans...

you are one of the sweetest, most loving, kind and generous women I have ever known, and I am

proud to call you friend!

:hug:

Barb

That was a beautiful post. :clap: Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sure your mom was looking down from heaven and smiling.

You can do anything you put your mind to Bethy. The sky's the limit. :hugs:

Thanks everyone.

I appreciate all the kind words.

Hey Bethy,

Girlfriend you are awesome. I just have a quick reminder of the first words you said as soon as you turned around. It went something like this "Please tell me someone got a picture of that."

We love you and one quick question, "Where is your glass?" :inlove:

Chris

:funnyabove:

I remember saying that.. ::D:

Oh my glass is in my bedroom so the cat can't get in there and break it. I need to get a case for it.

:hugs:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

Bethy -

Oh girl. Oh girl. You've got me all emotional again.

You are beautiful. Believe me. I was taping. I saw his look change. I saw him going towards a stillness, sharing you grief. I think that everyone in the room saw the two of you sharing that moment and nodding, hoping that he could console you a bit and that in a way, you could assure him the same - that there was true emotion and belief in one another. A true concern between people that otherwise would have never met. And it was magical.

It was meant to be that you both had this moment. A quiet, touching, alone-in-a-full-room-bursting-with-love sorta moment. My camera didn't pick up a sound, but within a moment, even the atmosphere in the room changed - maybe one of the most charged silences I've ever witnessed.

We love you, and we love him for showing you love. For showing us all love in those moments. And we hope desperately that he understands and feels the same.

You'll be allright - we DO love you. And you're a strong woman. You've got the inspiration you need, girl. If it weren't enough evidence already, you've managed to move the man. And goodness knows he wishes you happiness as we all do. Break a leg, woman!

Jen

After Gerry called me, my Mother said that "If my daughter's favorite actor can call her on Christmas Day, then anything is possible."

I told Gerry this and thanked him for giving my Mother hope before she died.

My heart stopped as his eyes changed. His eyes were locked onto mine,

but in those moments his eyes changed and I felt something. I don't know what it was, but it

comforted me in a way I cannot adequately explain through words.

I saw his eyes swirl with color and I thought I saw them grow misty with a hint of tears.

He hugged me and he whispered something to me, through our embrace, that I couldn't quite make out.

Maybe it was "It's okay" or "Shh" but I can't be certain. Through that hug, I kind of lost it.

The last thing he said to me was something like.. "you'll make it, because you have so many people here who love you.."

What can I say?

What could I possibly say to express how much love I have in my heart?

What could I say to make Gerry, Tonya, Jeremy, Dayna, Jenni, Stef, Barb, Annette, and those others who

had a hand in the convention understand?

This is the man who inspires my dreams.

Though I am not currently chasing my dreams of becoming an actress, they still live within me.

All I wanted was a moment.

One moment to thank him for taking the time to call me on the phone Christmas Day.

One moment where those beautiful eyes could fall on me, and that blazing fire that lived behind them

would warm me.

One moment to let me know that my dreams can be reached if I believe.

And in those moments he made me believe.

I will learn to grow up.

I will lose that damned weight.

I will find a way to achieve all that I dream.

I have to try.

I have to believe there is a place for me in this world.

I have to try, because now I believe.

----------

In those moments when Gerry's eyes changed, I saw something that I couldn't quite place.

Maybe it was something inside of him, stirring something inside of me.

Something that I thought died with my Mother.

My Mother used to look at me with the sweetest, and most genuine love I had ever known.

It was a look of understanding and compassion.

It was a look that made me think that she believed in me.

I think that night, Gerry gave me that same look.

With love and thanks,

Beth "Bethy" Crawford

Sweetheart....I pray you will never, ever forget the power of these incredible words you have shared here!

There is just so much I want to say.... My heart is filled with memory and gratitude and love and *hope*....and I am aching with so much emotion as I read all that you shared and as I am **feeling* the amazingly transformative power of *Compassion* and *Empathy* which Gerry has in such overwhelming abundance...

I absolutely know what you are saying, and you have expressed it all so well.....I felt this very same feeling myself when I was finally able to have a moment to express the incredible thanks in my heart to Gerry for the precious moment of *Joy* he gave to my sister last year when she had just been diagnosed with M.S.

There is a deep well of kindness in those eyes of his....a way he has of looking at *YOU* with such caring and sensitivity... his way of seeing the person you truly **are**...beyond the outside package, directly into *the very soul of who you are*.

I tried so hard to explain it and describe it and have so often felt I utterly failed to express the beautiful gift of a moment of such *Grace* and what it can mean in the life of someone who has experienced pain and grief and suffering...always feeling afraid to lose the memory of it ....and I now know that such moments as these are special gifts to us to remind us of the beauty and the *hope* which forever remain, unchanged and rock-solid...no matter what storms may come, in spite of the challenges and trials and fears in our lives....This is what remains...LOVE....the love that we feel for one another, the love that you describe which has embraced you and helped you to *believe*...this Love, it **lives** inside of Your precious heart...and Gerry was the mirror which reflected it all right back to *you*.

This is one of the many reasons I celebrate this special man, why I talk endlessly about the gift of *connections* which we all share, about the miracles of so many friendships which have come into being as a result of all of us finding our way to eachother through him.......

Because of the way that he sees us as we really *are*.......and in that moment, we do believe in *all that is Possible*...through the stories he tells, through the pain he has experienced in his own life, through the very real, joyous, silly,loving person Gerry is, he has given us so much to think about and dream about ....and, most of all, because he has taken the **time** to give something back to all of us... and he has blessed our lives with these gifts of his *Time* which is the most precious gift of them all.

I was going through a very, very rough patch and Susan (Sporran)...~~my dearest *sister of my heart*~~ shared with me about your Christmas phone call....and I was filled with such joy and such a thankfulness that he was able to ease your pain (or as much as such horrendous pain could ever BE eased....) in such an amazing way .......and she and I have talked alot (a ginormous LOT!) about Gerry's beautiful *heart* which enables him to share so much kindness and compassion, like a healing balm which brings such comfort into the lives of people who are enduring so much.

I just cannot adequately express to you how much sorrow I felt when I heard of what you have endured in losing your beautiful Mom....and I prayed for your peace and for the healing of this tremendous pain which you have suffered...I will continue to pray that the incredible words which you have shared here will remain forever in your heart as a reminder to you ~~in any moment of sorrow or trial~~ of the *Belief* which began to blossom in that moment as you looked into those kindest of eyes... and I will pray that you will *know* to the very core of your being that you *are* the special woman who is capable of *anything*...and that you are so very much *Loved* my dear, by all who are blessed to share this journey with *you*.

With much love and thanks for allowing us to share this *moment* with YOU...

xoxoxoxCheri

Dearest Bethy...

As I wipe the tears from my eyes...what a beautiful story...thank you for sharing! I remember reading your story when Gerry called you on Christmas and I cried then too! :tissues: You have a way with words! I lost my mother several years ago, so I can totally relate to what you went through. :comfort:

It is amazing what this one man has done, just by being himself, that has brought happiness, hope and meaning to so many people. I do not think he even realizes it. He is a blessing from above! :wub:

Thank you again for sharing your wonderful story!

:hugs:

PatKay

Dearest Bethy,

It was truly an awesome experience to be in the same room when you and Gerry were able to have a few private moments. For me, it was the best representation of that sisterly love we all feel here at GALS, and that I saw evidenced time and time again at the convention, as the room hushed and stilled so that you and Gerry could 'be alone' in that room full of people!

And now Sweet Bethy, your siggy no longer needs photo manips of you and Gerry, because now you've got the REAL photos of you two together!! :yippee: :tasty:

Love,

Songbird

Oh Bethy you are so presious, As I wipe the tears from my cheek, I have'nt meet any of you in person as of yet, But I can't wait to meet you, Cause I just want to hug you so hard and tell you that you are such a very special lady, I am so glad you got to meet Gerry again, If anyone deserves it, its you. Im not always good with words but Bethy you are the greatest, always follow you dreams, And you,.... You will get there...

When I seen the pic's of you and him I knew that was a special moment, Gerry has the heart of a saint, and thats is one of the reasons I love him so much... thanks for sharing you story with us...Love you Bethy.....Biggg Hugggs Peggy

Bethy:

I am overwhelmed at what transpired between you and Gerry. You have been on my mind so much in all that you have been through even though I don't post on the board a lot. I have no words to describe how I feel about your experience. I love you, girl, and I am so glad you got to meet him at last. What a life-changing experience.

Love,

Carolyn

:hearts: