Gerard Butler GALS

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Jeremy, the videographer, the video will be available for us to purchase and he will inform us through this website when it is completed. We can only pray there is no red tape and that this actually happens.

About the documentary... will we ever be able to see it? Have any idea why Gerry had it done?

Will we ever be able to see it? Thanks, Libby!

Why Gerry is having it made....trying to show his "Gerry Juice" (his words, from his lips, Saturday, June 10th,

Golden Ballroom, Sahara Hotel!) to the powers that be.... :dance:

Bethy -

Oh girl. Oh girl. You've got me all emotional again.

You are beautiful. Believe me. I was taping. I saw his look change. I saw him going towards a stillness, sharing you grief. I think that everyone in the room saw the two of you sharing that moment and nodding, hoping that he could console you a bit and that in a way, you could assure him the same - that there was true emotion and belief in one another. A true concern between people that otherwise would have never met. And it was magical.

It was meant to be that you both had this moment. A quiet, touching, alone-in-a-full-room-bursting-with-love sorta moment. My camera didn't pick up a sound, but within a moment, even the atmosphere in the room changed - maybe one of the most charged silences I've ever witnessed.

We love you, and we love him for showing you love. For showing us all love in those moments. And we hope desperately that he understands and feels the same.

You'll be allright - we DO love you. And you're a strong woman. You've got the inspiration you need, girl. If it weren't enough evidence already, you've managed to move the man. And goodness knows he wishes you happiness as we all do. Break a leg, woman!

Jen

Jen, I started to edit the quote and decided I couldn't delete anything. I echo everything you so eloquently stated. To simply be in that room, at THAT point in time, was an honor and a privilege. And, yes, the emotion was like a lightning bolt -- it struck -- it CHARGED THROUGH US ALL as we stood there, "all connected," watching. It was palpable. (I originally wrote, "... it was like a lightning bolt of 'gerry juice...,'" but it was more than that -- it wasn't a "Gerry thing" per se -- it was two humans exchanging the rawest of emotions ... I don't know ... I have to stop.

I can't wait for the "emotional nausea" to pass! EVERY FLIPPIN' POST turns into an "emotional vomit" for me ... I turn into this weepy idiot, trying to articulate something that I'm trying to accept simply cannot be reduced to words.

(And Bethy, if "growing up" means you don't get jiggy with Flat Gerry in front of a bunch of friends ... then (as I'm sure Gerry would say) don't f**kin' grow up!)

Holly

Bethy,

Chris and I were standing so close behind you at that moment and were so blessed to see it from such a close distance. We saw your heart growing and we saw his absolute joy at being able to meet the "..gerl I called at Christmas." The hush that came over the entire room....is almost impossible to explain. It wasn't a shush of anyone trying to catch those personal words .... but more a hush to be sure that you didn't. A moment of awe and wonder. A moment were I felt so incredably blessed to witness. I cried and when Chris turned back to me she had tears running too, I looked next to me and Fergie also had tears in her eyes. We all agreed that was your moment. Those words he spoke were just to you, we didn't hear.And strange as this sounds we didn't want to hear them, we already felt blessed to be there and to see you and Gerry finally meet was more that we ever could have hoped for.

You have such a beautiful spirit, a light of life. You inspire me to try and be a better person. You will achieve your dreams. Thank-you so much for allowing me to share the moment that this one became reality.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I lost both my mom and dad in a matter of nine months and my world totally crumbled. (They were both so young to die)

How I wish I had had something to pull me out of the deep void I sank in! You are a lucky woman Beth and Gerry is an amazing human being.

Some times I wonder why I’m still a fan of this man when I have never been the fan of anyone ever in my life before. Stories like yours make me understand why. He is out of the ordinary in every sense.

Thanks for sharing your story Beth and I am so very happy for you.

Syl

Bethy,

I don't know you, but of course I have heard your story.

This is the single best thing to come from his appearance to the convention.

To give you that hope for the future, and belief in your ability to attain it.

I am so happy for you. And I'm happy for Gerry, that he was able to see that appreciation, and

know that he helped.

Best of luck and my prayers are with you,

Lori in Atl :lalala:

:claphands: Hi Bethy,

I remember reading about your Christmas phone call with Gerry and hearing about it in Glasgow in January. Thank you so much for sharing your meeting with Gerry with us. I am so happy that he got to meet you in person and you could tell him what his phone call meant to you. What a wonderful moment for you both to share.

God Bless You.

Sue x

Cleobethra, Thank you for sharing your wonderful story. I remember reading about your phone call over at GB.net, and at the time I thought what a great thing for Gerry to do. I am so sorry for your loss, I lost both of my parents a few years ago. I'm a newbie here, and I also post over at GB.net. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Elissa

Thanks GALS.

I have been trying to clean my house for the last 2 days, but I am just so emotionally drained.

Something about that man's eyes will always stay with me.

:hugs: to you all

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

Bethy,

Your encounter with Gerry was so touching to read. I remember so well when he called you on Christmas Day and how that touched me so much. Knowing that it was special for your Mother too was so emotional for me.

I know exactly how you feel and how it's an "outer body experience" having your own few moments with him. Those eyes are mesmerizing and yes, he does not take them off of you one second while your chatting. I too had my very own few moments with the MAN, backstage at the Craig Ferguson show...I'm still recovering from it and that was back in March '05!!

Congratulations to you and all the GALS who were lucky enough to share in this very special event and wonderful surprise. And thank you for sharing your experience and photos with the rest of us.

Take care....

JUDE

Dear Bethy:

Thank you for sharing your Las Vegas Gerry Experience! The photos of your encounter really tell the story on their own. ::D:

Not only am I glad that you got to meet Gerry, but also that Gerry got to meet you, especially after having called you. Susan (Sporran) told me about the phone call when we were at the PSIFF this January and I was so touched by it, and I think it's the first time I gave this site a real look, to read your post about it. Even I'm long past the "honeymoon" phase of Gerrydom, I'll always be a fan of great guy that he is.

Enjoy the high!!

--Danielle

Edited by #99

OOOOOHHHH BETHY!!!

I'm tearin up I am. You deserved that moment with him. I'm sooo happy for you!!!

I know I kinda turned into a lurker here. And was mad cuz I couldn't go to Vegas, and this just turned it all around for me. I'm all squishy inside with good feelin's for ya and your story! How absolutely wonderful for you!

Much love.

Stacey

Aside from wiping my own tears right now...the only word to describe what I just read...AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing, it's amazing what a profound impact this man has made on so many special women!

Cheers!

Maple

Dear Bethy,

I sat here reading your acount of your moments with our Gerry in Vegas. I'm crying to the point that I can barley see the screen to write this. My heart is actually fluttering. I have a heart condition and when I get emotional my heart starts skipping beats and actually flutters. Please don't worry. I have a pacemaker. And it's flutters of joy. No wonder we love this man Gerry Butler so very much. I'm so very happy for you and all the girls that were there. I truly believe Gerry loves his fans. What a beautifull man, but we already knew that didn't we?

Take care sweetie all those things you want to happen can. My God look what just happened in Vegas to you!! Anything is possible! I hope to make it to one of our Gerry gatherings one day. I hope to meet Gerry and I sure hope to meet you too.

Love to you and all the girls and a special thanks to all of you for sharing your trip with us. AND A SPECIAL THANK-YOU TO GERRY BUTLER FOR MAKING THESE WOMAN FEEL SO HAPPY, NOT JUST IN VEGAS BUT IN OUR EVERY DAY LIVES. YOU ARE SPECIAL TO US NOT ONLY BECAUSE OF THE WONDERFULL TALENT YOU SHARE WITH US BUT BECAUSE OF THE MAN YOUU ARE AND SHARE IT WITH US SO UNSELFISHLY. WE ARE YOUR SUPPORTERS BECAUSE YOU ARE SO VERY WORTH IT. RESPECTFULLY WITH LOVE ALWAYS GERRY, I'EM JEANNE MARANOS OF CLEVELAND, OHIO, A PROUD MEMBER OF THE WORLD-WIDE GERRY BUTLER FAMILY.

Beth,

I've been visiting this wonderful site for a very long time but don't have a chance to post often. Like everyone else, I was overwhelmed by the news that Gerry visited the convention. Your entire story--from the Christmas phone call to your meeting him--is the sweetest thing. The person he is...is the reason we all will love him forever.

Thank you for sharing the details of your moments with Gerry, Beth. I wish each of us could have such an experience, but since that's not possible, I think I'll print out your story and keep it with me. What an inspiration. What a beautiful heart beats in that gorgeous man.

Linda

Bethy,

Your story moves me and breaks my heart with it. Knowing how you wanted to thank him for that call and then finally you could.

That pic you said with the look , well that is my favorite of them all.

Bethy -

Oh girl. Oh girl. You've got me all emotional again.

You are beautiful. Believe me. I was taping. I saw his look change. I saw him going towards a stillness, sharing you grief. I think that everyone in the room saw the two of you sharing that moment and nodding, hoping that he could console you a bit and that in a way, you could assure him the same - that there was true emotion and belief in one another. A true concern between people that otherwise would have never met. And it was magical.

It was meant to be that you both had this moment. A quiet, touching, alone-in-a-full-room-bursting-with-love sorta moment. My camera didn't pick up a sound, but within a moment, even the atmosphere in the room changed - maybe one of the most charged silences I've ever witnessed.

We love you, and we love him for showing you love. For showing us all love in those moments. And we hope desperately that he understands and feels the same.

You'll be allright - we DO love you. And you're a strong woman. You've got the inspiration you need, girl. If it weren't enough evidence already, you've managed to move the man. And goodness knows he wishes you happiness as we all do. Break a leg, woman!

Jen

Jen, I started to edit the quote and decided I couldn't delete anything. I echo everything you so eloquently stated. To simply be in that room, at THAT point in time, was an honor and a privilege. And, yes, the emotion was like a lightning bolt -- it struck -- it CHARGED THROUGH US ALL as we stood there, "all connected," watching. It was palpable. (I originally wrote, "... it was like a lightning bolt of 'gerry juice...,'" but it was more than that -- it wasn't a "Gerry thing" per se -- it was two humans exchanging the rawest of emotions ... I don't know ... I have to stop.

I can't wait for the "emotional nausea" to pass! EVERY FLIPPIN' POST turns into an "emotional vomit" for me ... I turn into this weepy idiot, trying to articulate something that I'm trying to accept simply cannot be reduced to words.

(And Bethy, if "growing up" means you don't get jiggy with Flat Gerry in front of a bunch of friends ... then (as I'm sure Gerry would say) don't f**kin' grow up!)

Holly

Holly and Jen,

You both said it all so well. The moments that you shared with Gerry, Bethy, will stay with me forever. The way he was looking so deeply into your eyes as he spoke took my breath away. His sincerity shined like the sun at that moment. No one who witnessed that moment could doubt that. Gerry, you are a spectacular human being and I feel blessed to have seen something so amazing. I could see the tears form in his eyes from where I stood and that was the moment that lost me forever to such a beautiful person. Thank you for sharing those moments with us Bethy. You could have heard a pin drop in that room, it was so quiet. And as someone else mentioned, we weren't straining to hear the conversation. We just didn't want anything to take away from YOUR moment. I'm still in awe.

Bethy, your words brought tears to my eyes.

I'm so happy for "the girl I called on Christmas" to meet Gerry in person and am saddened you lost your mom. Even when ill there's now easy way. I went through the same thing with mine.

Your photos speak volumes simply volumes to Gerry's character. One can't help but notice a deep well of emotional commitment to his fans (all of us) who might overwhelm him with our outpouring but bring him delight as well.

I enjoyed reading your encounter. Thanks for sharing it. Wow.

SlimChance here

GreenEyedGirl there

Bethy,

What a beautiful, eloquent post. Gerry does inspire feelings in us that we never dared hope were possible. Many of his fans have life-changing stories to tell, myself included.

I could tell by looking at the photographs of the two of you that something very deep was happening. The intent look in his eyes, and the "nose-smashing hug", where he's got his face almost buried in your neck. I knew he was whispering something to you. That man never ceases to amaze me.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful experience with the rest of us. He is a very unique and special man. (No wonder we're all crazy for him!)

You probably don't remember, but we met briefly in NYC during Gerry's Birthday Party. You seem to be a beautiful young lady with your life ahead of you. Dream big, and live life to the fullest. (As Gerry would say.)

Thanks again for sharing your story, and thanks to Gerry for being the person we all know he is.

Patti

Gerry has such a big heart and....

he has an old soul

He can reach out to us (and you Bethy) in a way

that touches us down to our bones.

He makes indelible memories and

forges a feeling that enforces positive actions

and the desire to pass that goodness along.

He can make all the jokes he wants...

he is a kind compassionate man who goes

out of his way

and often

to let us know his feelings for us and for

our support.

He is so deserving of his success, and so

worthy of our love and admiration.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences in LV

with us... I am extremely happy for all of you,

and very proud to be one of Gerry's GALS.

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Donna

I am praying for a NYC moment myself!

But either way....congrats to you lucky ladies

Bethy, your story made me cry. I remember when you posted the account of your Christmas phone call from Gerry and to see that you've now been able to thank him for caring...well, I've been bawling all afternoon. I am in awe of how this man gives of himself to complete strangers...his fans. Seeing those pictures of you and he...it's clear that he was as moved as you were. And that touches me so very deeply, I can't even put it into words.

Thank you for sharing your story, Bethy. I'm so glad you got some more lovin' from the man! You deserve it...you seem like such a sweet and giving person. Thanks...

Love,

Kelli