Gerard Butler GALS

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bethy, dear wonderful full-of-life-and-spirit Bethy - what a beautiful way you have written your story. I read it with tears, because you made me feel in my heart what you felt in yours. As I stated elsewhere, one of MY dreams was that YOU would have your chance to meet Gerry and thank him in person for his call at Christmas so I was overwhelmed at being there to witness the moment. It was beautiful and I loved when he put down the microphone so he could say words that were for you alone. What an incredible, amazing moment for you and for all of us. Repeatedly we've read stories about how he focuses on one person at a time, how he gives his all to each moment he has with a fan, and that is so very evident in the photos of your moment with him. I nearly bawled when I saw your new siggy - I need to find some more superlatives to use - awesome, amazing, incredible, beautiful I just say them over and over and they are all so true!

With oodles of love and affection from your Ma MacSporran!!

KISS KISS HUG HUG

My dear Bethy!

I can't tell you how much your words have touched my heart! Yes there is a place for you and dreams do come true. GALS is all about believing! We love you and are so very happy that you now have that belief in your heart. Nothing and no one can ever take that away from you, nor can they every steal this moment of belief from you!

It was incredible to see and even more incredible to read.

Love you

Jenni

Thank you, Jenni!

You are such a beautiful person!

So sweet, selfless, and yet softspoken you scream such beautiful things with your eyes and actions.

I hope that made sense. ::D:

--

I included this shot in my signature, but just wanted to thank Cassie for taking it. It's so beautiful, and really captured me as I felt so content finally getting to thank Gerry and hug him.

It's a beautiful shot. Thank you, Cassie!

Posted Image

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

Bethy,

Your story is so beautiful....Tears filled my eyes as I read.

It's amazing and wonderful and truly an inspiration for those of us who, for one reason or another, have dared to hope that something so incredible could ever happen.

I have to post this here, I don't know if anyone else has posted it elsewhere already. At one point in the weeeee small hours of Sunday morning I think it was Dr. Em who said "GALS is the Oprah of Gerry sites" - now ain't that the truth!! Look at the outpouring of love and honest heartfelt joy for another GALS' moment with Gerry. It isn't "why her and not me?" it is all "We are so truly happy for you" and we mean it, we really, really mean it.

Hello Beth,

This is my first post on this site. I just had to tell you that I found your account of meeting Gerry so moving. I'm sorry about your losing your mother. It is hard, but you will win through. As Gerry said, you do have the love and support of all your friends on site.

Gerry is wonderful, isn't he. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to meet him and share some precious moments that will always be yours alone. I think it highly unlikely that I shall ever see him in person but I do love to keep in touch with what is happening in Gerryworld and I shall keep my fingers crossed that one day I may be able to attend a convention in the U.K. and meet some fellow devotees.

I shall look forward to reading more of your posts. With love and support from patsyb (a true newbie)

Thanks ladies.

Let me make one thing clear so I don't sound like I'm something that I am not.

I am not one of those fans who believe that I have a "soul connection" to the man.

I could have been just be seeing what I wanted to see in his eyes.

I am not going to presume to know what lived within the man's heart in those moments.

I am only going to express what "I" felt in those moments we shared on stage.

I felt his expression change.

I saw the sweetest look of understanding and compassion.

I was given peace by his words.

Whether that was his intention or not, it is what I felt.

But I will not presume to know the secrets of his heart.

All I can comment on..is how he touched mine.

I hope that made sense.

:lolita:

Bethy

Dear Lord, Bethy... :tissues: I was honored to be there and witness that dream of yours come true. You are SUCH a sweetheart...that's such a beautiful rendition of your encounter!

Regarding your post just above, I don't doubt his reactions as you saw them, because of what I and the rest of us there were able to see as well. But in any case, the point is that you were comforted and that's what truly mattered.

*huggles* my dear Queen!

~Mel

Dearest Bethy, IMO, those of us who witnessed that moment need no explanation or disclaimer. It (that moment) was special, it was real, it was specifically yours. Yes you are an amazing young woman and I for one think you are well deserving of the attention HRH gave you. It seems pretty obvious to me that Gerry felt a definate connection with you. Maybe it was your plight with your mother's illness that first touched his heart and/or maybe he has read some of your posts and has come to love and appreciate you for who you are (as I have). The reasons why are speculative. Nobody, except Gerry, can know for sure why you touched his heart, but I have no doubt that the man's heart was visibally moved by you. The moment was everything you think you may have imagined. Don't let anyone rain on your parade. Pick up that baton and lead the band.... you are da woman!

Edited by touchmetrustme

A few pages back, Lady Trueword said, "May your dreams come true." I think that was them. Oh, Bethy. You deserved this more than anyone I can think of. I can hardly see the screen, I'm crying so much. I am so happy for you.

And, Gerry, if you're reading this, thank you so much.

Edited by MadameAngel

Bethy

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us!

Everyone else has expressed how your meeting has touched them so much better than I can put into words.

All I can say is:

It was so beautiful!

I was crying myself as I read it- I remembered the look my mom used to give me too!

I am so glad your dream came true!!

Michele

Edited by rosesheart36

I'm new here to the sight but as I was looking at the images in the gallery I saw the ones of you and Gerry together and knew something "special" had occured. I am SO sorry to hear about your loss. It is so difficult, and I don't think we ever get over that feeling. I just had to post here to say what a brave and inspiring post, full of emotion and I for one am glad that you received some comfort from him.

I am new to the boards here, but you really tugged at my heartstrings. Hugs to you! And I'm so glad your dreams came true.

My Best,

Samantha

Hey Bethy,

I'm a newbie here and happy to say I got to witness your Gerry moment in person! It was even better to read it in your own words WOW!!!! :tissues: I have read so many of your posts in the past few months and it was great to meet you in person! You are such a free spirit I Loved all of your dancing! Lucky FLAT GERRY! :dance: I was very touched by your story, I was very sorry to hear about your mom passing. Unfortunatly I'm faced with the same future, my dad has a terminal illness and in great pain 24/7. The Doctors say he is a walking miracle and should have passed along time ago , yet here he still is !! He's the toughest man I know! And I'm sure you know you take each day as a gift! I just hope when It's his time to go home I am as brave and couragous as you have been Bethy You're AWESOME! Thank you for sharing apart of yourself and get out there and keep living your DREAMS!!!!! :drink:

:hugs:

Julie

Oh my goodness Cleobethra, what a great story. I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your mother. There is truly no greater loss, other than loosing your own child, that loosing your mother. I will be praying for you.

Bethy, that moment that passed between you and Gerry was amazing. No one could doubt the sincerity in his eyes as he spoke to you, and you alone. That was YOUR moment. I feel priveleged to have witnessed it.

If watching that is the closest I ever come to meeting Gerry, it will be enough for me.

:hugs:

Bethy - I have no doubt whatsoever that you saw exactly what you said you did in Gerry's eyes. It is evidenced in all the photos. But even without photographic evidence I am sure that your story touched something deep inside him. Gerry always talks about his mom in his interviews and he has an exceptionally strong connection with her, so I would think he has a great deal of empathy for the loss one must feel when one's mother passes. You may not have a "soul connection" to him but you have a "heart connection" that all of us can see and feel. You never need to put up a disclaimer about your encounter with Gerry, it was seen and felt by us all.

Dear Bethy

I have just read your story again and again I'm in tears. I remember the look in Gerry's eyes when he was talking to you quietly - there was so much compassion and sincerety in it and I swear he got teary eyed himself.

Posted Image

It was that moment that made me burst into tears myself, because I was so happy for you, being able to have this moment with Gerry.

A big hug to you

Risa

That brought tears to my eyes. Having lost my own mother several years ago, I could relate to how you must have felt. What a beautiful and very very touching post! I am so glad you had a chance to tell Gerry how you felt and am so glad that you feel such inspiration.

Hugs,

Gingersnap

--

I included this shot in my signature, but just wanted to thank Cassie for taking it. It's so beautiful, and really captured me as I felt so content finally getting to thank Gerry and hug him.

It's a beautiful shot. Thank you, Cassie!

Posted Image

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

I'd also like to add something about the tattoo on my back, as I have been asked about it.

No I did not get it in Vegas.

I got that Mother's Day 2005. (It was a present for my Mom)

It's a red heart with the pink breast cancer ribbon in it.

The words above the heart read "Momma"

Bethy,What a wonderful experience for you.I,like many others have read your posts and I was also aware of Gerry`s call to you on Christmas Day. :wub:

So many others before me have eloquently stated what I also feel in my heart about Gerry and the whole Las Vegas convention.

Gerry has a depth to his heart and soul like no other.His words and feelings are heartfelt.His compassion is unparalleled.

I am sure that for you,Abrock and Swansong as well as every other lady in that room,Gerry`s appearance was a life changing experience.

Bethy,follow your dreams .