Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome

This is a quickie.

If you have time, I'm asking that you read the latest update located in the prayer thread from Susan~Sporran about her husband David. She really needs us and our prayers, now!

Love to y'all.

Linda

Sorry, I don't mean to scare anyone, but Susan's vacation has turned in to Hell. Bill is not doing good; the meds have him messed up.

Sorry to hear about Susan's husband. I had no idea....I'll go check out the prayer thread now.

Thanks for the update...

Lori in atl :lalala:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning GALS

Why am I up this early?? Bloody phone rung. It's freezing cold here too. I want my bed!

Risa, Cat was saying how much fun she had with you in Vegas. She showed us the pic from the Star Trek ride thingy.

There really are some great pics of the G-man that were taken in Vegas. Such drool material!

Fred and I are off to play group today. Then this evening Cheryl is coming opver for a Supernatural. There are just 2 eps left! *cry* What am I going to do on a Monday night??

While I think of it - I can TOTALLY recommend a couple of books. Cheryl lent me one, by J.R. Ward. It's a vampire series, there are 2 published and the third comes out in September. I love the way it is written, plus the vamps are to die for - 6 foot 8 and BUILT!

Now, I am going to make coffee and turn heater on!

Ok Risa. We're on for next year! Maybe I can try to add on an extra day or two and tag along for some sightseeing.

That's a deal, Jill ::D:

OMG.... I just found this photo in the gallery and laughed my arse off!

If THAT expression doesn't say it all!

Posted Image

Swan

Bonnie, I think everyone of us was wearing a similar expression..

Morning GALS

Risa, Cat was saying how much fun she had with you in Vegas. She showed us the pic from the Star Trek ride thingy.

Sarah, yes Cat and me had a fantastic time - I miss her. The Star Trek thing was fun - did she mention my experience with the Tribbles :bonk:

I have to prepare myself mentally for work tomorrow -first day again after Vegas and vacation.

Susan, I'm thinking of you and your husband.

:wave:

Risa

Morning GALS

Sarah, yes Cat and me had a fantastic time - I miss her. The Star Trek thing was fun - did she mention my experience with the Tribbles :bonk:

She sure did! :funnyabove: :funnyabove:

Cheryl and I had a good giggle!

Morning GALS

She sure did! :funnyabove: :funnyabove:

Cheryl and I had a good giggle!

I thought she would - my expression must have been quite priceless!!

Just so...

Posted Image

An experience with Tribbles? :confused: Oh, do tell..... *waits patiently drumming fingers*

Stay warm there Sarah. We are now officially heating up for summer. Not the blast furnace that was Vegas but getting up there nonetheless. I think I want to go back to whining about the rain!

Cat - When are we going to see pictures of beautiful Kane?

Stay warm there Sarah. We are now officially heating up for summer. Not the blast furnace that was Vegas but getting up there nonetheless. I think I want to go back to whining about the rain!

I want to whine about the rain too! We are suffering the worst drought in 100 years here, and are on strict water restictions. They are saying the water will run out in 2 years, and we might end up drinking recycled water. (Yep, thats recycled sewage people!) Posted Image

Cats "Grandbaby" is too cute! I saw pics on Saturday night. I love new borns. Posted Image

Good Morning Everyone! I'm feeling a little blue today... with it being Father's Day and a year since my Dad passed away.. this is my first Father's Day without him.

Just wanted to share my fav pic that I took of Gerry in Vegas... it's also in the Gallery... but here it is...

Posted Image

Jenn ~ :comfort:

I LOVE that picture of Gerry! :wub:

Posted Image

Swan ~ How does that saying go? "A picture is worth a thousand words".

If you have time, I'm asking that you read the latest update located in the prayer thread from Susan~Sporran about her husband David. She really needs us and our prayers, now!

Thanks for letting us know Beachie!

I was hoping this wouldn't happen.

I'll go read her prayer thread right now.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and say hello today. Its a rough day for me. Fathers Day is hard when you have lost your Dad. I miss him so much today. I wish he was here and that he had a chance to know my children. Thats what hurts the most.

I went over to my brothers house today and he treated the kids and I to dinner. I thought who better to spend the day with than someone who understands my pain. I was so miserable though. My back is in bad shape today. I don't know if the chiropractor did something yesterday to make it so bad but I am in so much pain I can barely stand it. The chiropractor looked at my MRI results yesterday and told me that I have a birth defect in my spine. I will have to live with this for the rest of my life. The dr. is going to try and ease the pain and make the swelling go down but he said any lifting or accidents will make it flare right back up again. So I think I will lay here in bed the rest of the day. I took a pain pill and it is making me a bit loopy.

Talk to you all soon,

Suz :bonk:

Posted Image

Swan

LOL, indeed, Swan! Myself, I looked like I was about to burst into tears at any moment...but I didn't until I got into the lobby. Yikes!

Beachie, thanks for the update on Susan...they're in my prayers.

Okay, someone ELSE I forgot! KIMBO! You are SO much fun!! There's a great picture when Gerry's reading the video winner...I love your expression, it makes me teary! Much love

~Mel

Suz,

I know how horrible back pain is! You poor thing. Hoping you feel better soon.

Perrin, I'm so with you. I still have the after Vegas Blues and I guess it will last for some time longer.

It has been such a wonderful experience to be there with all of you and I can hardly believe that its already a week ago. And I still have a hard time to believe, that Gerry was really there.

Tomorrow I have to go back to work - I can't say I look forward. Luckily Carolann, my co-worker can understand to a certain degree what Vegas meant to me. She came by yesterday and we went through the photos, watched the Gerry video and I talked probably endlessly.

I will have to get my mind back into working-life modus - at least during 8 - 9 hours per day. :bonk:

Barb, I love that pic of Gerry looking at you and with the manbag at his feet.

Here are some more wonderful Gerry pics, taken by Tinker3Bell

Posted Image

:wave:

Risa

Risa, I'm so glad you and Carolann have had a chance to get together and share Vegas before you return to work. (((Hugs))) and love.

BTW, thank you for posting Tinker3Bell's wonderful pictures. Number three is going to be one of my all time favorite Gerry pics. Incredible shot. Thanks for sharing your photos, Tinker.

Posted Image

Swan

Priceless! Swan I adore that picture... I think it will be one of my favorites everytime I look at the Vegas pics or think of all the Vegas stories everyone has shared with us. Vegas, is the Gift that keeps Giving!

Beaches

Edited by givemeabeach

I have to post and run - paying 40 cents a minute for slow internet here on the ship, but I need to stay connected or I'll go crazy.

For those following my prayer thread, things are not good here. Hubby has had a mental break due to a bizarre combination of medications he is on. He is less manic today, thankfully, but now has decided he has been called to make a "vision quest" up here and intends to get off the ship in Juneau and go looking for a couple named "Tom and Sue" he knew 30+ years ago. They apparently moved to the Yukon back then and he is going to find them. My "quest" is to figure out how to get him to voluntarily go to the hospital in Juneau (and what they will or won't do for him there I do not know). I had a great crying jag this morning, sobbing my heart out, and then went outside and took a bunch of deep breaths and begged God to show me what to do. I have to remain calm, because if I get even slightly aggitated it throws him off even worse. I don't know what lesson I am to learn here, but I have to forget that this is a trip we planned for 10 years and now it is down the toilet. I have to focus on the wonderful other trips I was given this year, to Scotland and to Vegas. It is hard to believe that last Saturday night in Vegas was one of the best in my life and this Saturday night on the ship was one of the worst. What a difference a week makes.

I'm trying to be strong, and knowing that I have the love and support of all my GALS sisters is more comfort than you can imagine. If I didn't know that all of you are in my corner I don't know if I could take it. But I will put one foot in front of the other and do what I have to in order to get my husband the care he needs to get back to his normal self. I don't know the reason behind all this, and why it had to happen now, on this trip at this time, but God had a reason and I can't question that or my faith doesn't mean a thing.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. When I have more to report and am able to get on line I will let you know the outcome. In the meantime "think of me" please.

Lots of love and hugs,

Susan

Oh Susan my heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry that this has happened. I will pray for you and your husband. You are so loved.....let the knowledge of that help you through this.

Susan, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I met you in Scotland, and I know you are a genuine and loving person, I'm sure you will be able to help him calm down, and get help.

My prayers are with you both, in this difficult time. Remember, next time you are crying, you are not alone!

Imagine one of our shoulders is right there, and a comforting hug from a sister...

Call me, anytime, if you need to just "let it out", okay? 404/625-2375.....

Lori in Atlanta

Susan :hugs: I'm thinking of you and your husband and praying that things work out for you...

You are in my heart, Susan.

I don't post often on prayer threads, because I guess I feel my prayers are between God and I.

But I finally poured myself into your prayer thread, not being able to take it anymore.

I will be thinking about you, sweetie.

Loving prayers to you in your time of need.

We love you.

Beth

Suz: I'm sorry about you back, hope the pain meds help :stars:

Susan: so sorry about your husband, sometimes things like that just happen. I hope that he gets the help he needs :wub:

Have a happy Father's Day to all who are celebrating it!

Mousie

Suz ~ I'm glad that you had a good day with your brother, and I'm so sorry that your back is feeling worse. I hope the pain meds are giving you some relief and that you will be able to find a little time to rest during the day.

Susan ~ I feel so bad that David is struggling with this. I know this must be so difficult to manage......especially away from home. I hope that he will be agreeable to getting some help in Juneau.

Susan, I know it must be hard to be stong all of the time........it's ok.....you are dealing with such a difficult situation in a less than familier environment........and you're doing a remarkable job, really. We will all continue to pray for you and David.

You are loved and supported by all of your GAL sisters.

Hugs

Marianne

Edited by celadon2

Susan, I am so sorry your husband is unwell on your trip. I am praying he gets the help he needs and you both get home safely. :hugs: