Gerard Butler GALS

*Swan waves to Kelli* Hi Kelli!!! Hey girl, when are you gonna post your outstanding videos here???

No one will ever smirk at you for expressing deep, soulish or even spiritual feelings for Gerry. Here on GALS, we celebrate our individual expression of what the man means to us; whether we be naughty or nice! (and some of us are both... like me!)

So dive in girl.... and make yourself at home!

Swan

Hee hee...I can be naughty too...it's tough NOT to be...I mean, it's GERRY! ::D:

I was thinking about posting a couple of my vids here. :kisswink: I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I've been writing. Okay, okay, and working on one more teensy tiny vid. LOL!

Thanks for the welcome! HUGS!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here on GALS, we celebrate our individual expression of what the man means to us; whether we be naughty or nice! (and some of us are both... like me! )

Me too!

Nothing wrong with appreciating a man for his physical beauty.

But we all know he is much more than that..but I never get tired of talking about it.

::D:

Guest greyeyegoddess

I've always said that you will never know where Gerry will be. One day, you'll meet him, and I still feel very strongly about that. It's been proven last weekend. Even though Gerry is going to get bigger and bigger, he'll be traveling more and more and there will be opportunities--because as it was shown to all of us in Las Vegas--Gerry loves his fans, whoever they are!

((((((HUGS)))))))

~alice

During that short exchange, Gerry ceased to be a sex symbol to me, or even just an actor I greatly admired. He became a real living and breathing human Just an ordinary man.... who is most extraordinary.

Swan

I had the very same feeling Swan when I saw Gerry.

Well, I never had quite the wonderful encounter you did but I saw him as Gerry.

A very talented man who was going to be a lawyer and decided to be an actor instead.

Love ya, Gerry!

Swan,

I followed you here, after hearing late Saturday night that you had met Gerry

I signed on and here I am!! I have spent a lot of time here after last weekend

in Seattle for "Beowulf and Grendel." Much of that time I have been crying.

First I got to hear your beautiful aria, and then your story was revealed.

I am so happy that you had your wonderful time with Gerry. There really is

no way to explain what it is we feel for this incredibly kind, generous, and most

wonderful man. Having him look into my eyes and speak words to just me, was

a life changing experience. You are right--it is love. I try to think of him as the

son I never had, but that doesn't really explain it, either. I am just so very happy

it happened to you.

Take good care of yourself--we are looking forward to having you at our Oregon

Tart Jam in July. (BTY this event is open to all fans of GB and all are welcome.)

I can't wait to hear part 3 of your story.

Judy--mommaduck

Swannie, I've been so worried about you! How are you feeling? Please keep your "GALS doctor" filled in sweetie. I swear, you must have had the bird flu!!! :lol: Thanks again for the copy of Nathan's music. Absolutely fabulous! You made me cry! Again! Dang it!

Dear Swan,

I've always said that nothing is ever perfect and now I have to officially retract that statement because hearing you sing and then seeing you awarded the Butler Award was more than perfect! You touched my heart, blessed my soul, and I deeply thank you.

Hearing your story has brought a deeper meaning to all that I saw and felt at the convention. thank you for making this convention so very great for me.

love

jennifer st. giles.

During that short exchange, Gerry ceased to be a sex symbol to me, or even just an actor I greatly admired. He became a real living and breathing human Just an ordinary man.... who is most extraordinary.

Swan

I had the very same feeling, Swan, when I saw Gerry.

Well, I never had quite the wonderful encounter you did but I saw him as Gerry.

A very talented man who was going to be a lawyer and decided to be an actor instead.

Love ya, Gerry!

well, as I have been struggling with very intense emotions...ones which swansong describes in such clarity that I believe she and I share the same neurons! ... and then here comes my other favorite GAL (Suzanne) - an embarassment of riches.

Bonnie Anne, do you mind if I Copy and Paste what you wrote about your Gerry encounter and how you love him, and the next time someone asks me about him, I can share your thoughts?...as they are the same as my own, only I lack the talent for capturing the essence of my very strong feelings for Gerry!

I promise tomorrow I will be better ~ not such a blithering idiot... or as one wise wooman says, not so much a puddle of fangirl goo... :tasty:

Now, if Susan shows up here tonight, it will be my GALS Triumverate!! :yippee:

:tissues:Bonnie Anne, I haven't been able to stop crying since I first read about all what's happened to you. Every time I even think about it, my eyes just blur up. My heart sincerely reaches out to you and your family, and I wish I were there in person to give you a big hug . . .though I think you've received the biggest, warmest hug possible from the man himself.

Earlier today I downloaded the song that your son composed and. . .I was floored with the beautiful touching music. After listening to it for ten hours straight, I'm still not tired of it. . .everytime I hear the song, it's like the first time. This may sound a bit corny but this composition is like the perfect interpretation of what my heart and soul feels. It's been a gift to listen to it, and I thank you for sharing it with all of us. I've been truly touched by your story, your strength, your perseverance, your spirit. You have inspired me so much. . .in more ways than I can even explain. I am happy beyond words that many of your dreams came true Bonnie Anne, and thank you for sharing those dreams with us! Must go get more tissues :cry:

Much LOVE!

Diana :hugs:

Edited by Naois

Dear, dear Swan - Once again you have brought me to tears, and as I told you on Friday night, I do not cry easily. I had to wait awhile to read your story because I knew I would have this reaction. And your story gives me one more piece of evidence, proof that there is something God-sent about Mr. Gerard James Butler. I said this after the Leno encounters, that somehow Gerry knows what each fan needs in an encounter with him, and God helps make those happen. All I needed was a chance to be a bit funny and bawdy with the man and that is exactly how my encounter happened. Other friends of mine needed something more akin to what you received. A true heart to heart connection, a look that said he truly understood what she was feeling. It is something so hard to explain and probably only others who love this man can grasp what I mean.

Swan - I have to say this to you again, here on the site where everyone can see it. You are one of the most beautiful women I have ever met, both inside and out. The first morning when I met you at the cafe after breakfast and someone said your name I was blown away. My first reaction was "WOW you are gorgeous!" That isn't an exaggeration. Then on Friday night when you sang your talent as a singer, lyricist, songwriter completely captivated me. I know your talent as a writer is equally incredible. May the words of our dear Gerry, and all those of the many women who met you this weekend and told you repeatedly how amazing you are remain in your heart and mind forever. Never doubt that ANYTHING is possible - your greatest dreams can and DO come true. You are living and breathing proof of that.

Here is a picture I got of you, Mel and Bethy - three very deserving "winners"!!

Hugs, love and admiration~

Susan

Posted Image

Dear Swan,

I read your post and got tears in my eyes. I am so happy for you. I am new to this board and do not know about your son's illness but I can imagine having children of my own. You have been through so much. How wonderful that you were inspired to write such a beautiful song and it certainly is a gift to us all as well as Gerry. He is very lucky to have people who love him so much as you do and ofcourse, he is a wonderful person. I am so glad that he shared some of himself with you. I hope that all goes well for your son and that you continue writing and singing!

Gerry, if you are reading this, thank you for sharing your time and your heart with the wonderful ladies who

are so devoted to you. In particular, thank you for giving of yourself to this very gracious lady who has suffered so much and whose spirit is so beautiful.

Ginger (snap)

OMG... now I am sitting here with tears pouring down my face. Truly... I fear I am not deserving of so much love and kindness. I am only one person with my story, and there are so many others who have been through much worse than I, or even my son. As for my talents, how can I take credit for gifts that I believe were God given? I can only sing, and write and do the things I do... because God has gifted me, as He has gifted my son. It is my joy that these gifts should bless others, but if you only knew who I really am inside....

People told me I was beautiful during the trip to Vegas, I heard it constantly. Never in my life have I known such love and support... not even from my church friends. But when I look at the pics of me... I guess I can't see what you see... because all I see is an average, middleaged plump woman with good skin and nice hair. I ask myself, why is that? Why don't I see what you see?

The love I recieved from you GALS was truly as healing for me, as was Gerry's own sweet hug; and maybe more so... because that hug must last me a lifetime, while I can feel your love here on GALS every single day.

(okay, now I am bawling)

Each time I think on the Vegas trip, I get a huge lump in my throat, because it still feels so unreal. Not just meeting Gerry, but being so accepted and loved by women who barely know me. Not once did I feel that I was being judged or criticised, or compared... I felt loved for who I am, with all my insecurities and weakness. And I guess in a way, that is what I learned in Vegas as I watched women of every age, size, color, background and religious persuasion.... bonding like sisters. And why? Because we all love Gerry, and our love for him has spread out among ourselves into the real world.

We know from Gerry's own lips that he messes up, that he has faults and weakness, and yet, do we not love him for who he is? Do we not accept the screw-up along with the self posessed, handsome actor. Yes we do.... and I think in the same way... we accept and love each other.

You all taught me so much.... when I came here to GALS bruised and beaten. I have been a part of many thriving groups, both through church and social situations, but never in my life have I experienced the kind of love I know from you GALS and PALS.

Yes Susan, I could not agree more that there is some measure of special grace with Gerry. I tell you, when I first looked into those eyes, I could not understand how on such a dimly lit stage.... his eyes could be so brilliant with light. Light from within... and light looking at me. Like I have said, I can't quite recall his words, but the light in those eyes will never leave me. And by the way, there is not a single photograph in the gallery that can show you the beauty of those eyes. Yes I said it... like firelight through diamonds... are Gerry's eyes.

Is he an angel? No. Is he a saint? No. He is an ordinary man who has been blessed with an uncanny ability to FEEL. To feel for others.... and to know what they feel. I stood before Gerry unable to say much of anything.... yes I was shy, and I wanted to hold onto my dignity... and his. But he made me believe that he valued me, and oh dear God.... don't we all need to believe that we are valued?

I think we reflect the actor we have come to love and respect.... I can only imagine as we spend more time with each other on the site... and as we attend other conventions, how our friendships will flourish, even as Gerry flourishes in his own life, while we stand in the wings and cheer him on!

I am deeply humbled... I am overwhelmed and overflowing with the love of you GALS.

Swan

Edited by Swansong

Dear Swansong,

Never forget that you are valued and deserving of all the love and support in the world.

I have read your account of Las Vegas and was very moved by it. How wonderful to receive your prize from Gerry himself. What a memory to keep. I'm sure Nathan was thrilled that you won the competition and it's great that he is feeling up to writing his music and joining with you in your projects.

We all love Gerry so much, don't we? He is very special and truly makes us feel special too. A rare being in the showbiz world I think. I would love to meet him (wouldn't we all) and, who knows, maybe one day I will.

I look forward to reading more of your posts and hearing how you and Nathan are getting along. Good luck with all your projects and best wishes from patsyb

Swan, you were loved long before anybody met you personally because of the person you showed yourself to be in your posts and book. It's amazing how, through sharing yourself on a site like this, all the normal barriers to friendship and acceptance are thrown aside. We have no real visuals to judge someone on, only what someone says. I can be myself the most because of that as I believe others can too. Meeting someone who you have come to love is only icing on the cake. I think when we do meet there is a moment when we feel like "well this is what I look and act like in real life. Am I still ok with you?". I know I was not disappointed with anybody I met! Everyone was to my heart just as I pictured them. I even got a few pleasant surprises like seeing the exhuberance of Bethy on the dance floor, lol! I just fell in love with everyone there. It was true friendship without all the pretentions. It's what made everyone rejoice with you and the others as you were on that stage with Gerry instead of being jealous. I hope Gerry felt it too and was blessed. I think the sisterhood flourished and was what it should be in the real world, what we miss in the real world. How I wish it could be this way in my world! I think my heart will feel empty after all this for quite some time. Thank God for my net friends!!

Huge hugs to you! Robyne

Ah geez, Swan... :tissues:

So beautiful. I know what you mean about forgetting moments and how it ticks you off...same here! *sigh* But I was so overwhelmed and grateful to witness one of your dreams come true. I reveled in the "You can take me home and sing to me all you want," comment WITH you! That's so wonderful, beautiful! I am SO glad you had that experience...and I must say, for how the moment was sprung on you, you certainly handled it with dignity! At least I was a bit prepared before my moment...I'm not sure how I would have done in your shoes! And with a fever nonetheless!

Love you, girl!

~Mel

Ah geez, Swan... :tissues:

So beautiful. I know what you mean about forgetting moments and how it ticks you off...same here! *sigh* But I was so overwhelmed and grateful to witness one of your dreams come true. I reveled in the "You can take me home and sing to me all you want," comment WITH you! That's so wonderful, beautiful! I am SO glad you had that experience...and I must say, for how the moment was sprung on you, you certainly handled it with dignity! At least I was a bit prepared before my moment...I'm not sure how I would have done in your shoes! And with a fever nonetheless!

Love you, girl!

~Mel

OMG Mel.... is THAT WHAT HE SAID??? I never heard it... or at least I can't remember! Darn brain... why can't I have a memory like Nathan, who after hearing a style of music only once... can create it!!! I seriously can't recall him saying that!!!

Swan

I thought I'd posted here a few days ago, but it didn't show up, so I'm posting again.

I am SO VERY happy for you especially, Bonnie Anne, because I remembered you saying that you didn't travel and didn't think that you'd ever meet him!

I also thought you looked radiant in the photos, and I was really surprised to hear that you were sick because you looked so beautiful.

Cara

Robyne spoke a beautiful truth when she posted the following:

"Swan, you were loved long before anybody met you personally because of the person you showed yourself to be in your posts and book. It's amazing how, through sharing yourself on a site like this, all the normal barriers to friendship and acceptance are thrown aside. We have no real visuals to judge someone on, only what someone says."

Don't get me wrong, Bonnie Anne, I think you are a very attractive lady, as far as your physical beauty goes. But the true beauty which radiates from you goes much deeper than skin deep. It is that inner beauty which attracts. You are beautiful, dear Swannie, because of what our hearts see, not just what our eyes observe.

:hugsnkisses: Libby

Thank you,Swansong, for sharing your very special moment with those of us who couldn't be there with you. And what a beautiful moment it was. Congrats on winning the Talent show, too. You must feel like the "Belle" of the ball. Especially after meeting the handsome "Prince". LOL And Gerry certainly qualifies as such. He is one terrific man.

Congrats again!

Deb

:thankyou::pug:

Okay.... enough about me.... my next segment will be all about the vegas trip, and the stuff that Gerry was not part of; about meeting Dayna and the other GALS; about my wonderful roommate and friend Libby, about Thunder Down Under.... about how Dr Pam saved me, and a bunch of other cool stuff. So stay tuned!

Swan

Sorry everyone,

I have much more to share.... but I can't keep up with my PMs... and I still have more thank you's to post. Hopefully this weekend, I'll find the time to post more about our incredible week!

Love,

Swan

Sorry everyone,

I have much more to share.... but I can't keep up with my PMs... and I still have more thank you's to post. Hopefully this weekend, I'll find the time to post more about our incredible week!

Love,

Swan

Swan,

I have until now only lurked over here, but I just wanted to pop in quickly to say how very much your encounter with Gerry touched and moved me. I'm so glad that you had your moment, and I only wish I could have been there to see it happen. You are such a special person.

Hugs to you,

Mad {madly!}

Bonnie Anne, I finally was able to have time to download and listen to your beautiful aria. Your story and your music really got to me...there were tears running down my neck the whole time. You have the most beautiful and true voice! Nathan's music is very moving, he is so talented! Thank you for sharing your story and your song. You are one lucky lady to have met and hugged the man who started all for you and for us!

Marg

:mopboyreddeath: :hugs: