Gerard Butler GALS

Please give us reports on events

GALS who attended the event, can you give us some reports on all the other events that took place: B&G, the workshops, etc. What about the charity auction? I would love to hear some of the other details, please.....

Edited by Adoring

Yes please do. I want to hear about the silent auction and seeing the POTO costumes (esp. Red death-did anyone take a picture?). I know Gerry being there kind of topped everything off but I want the other details too.

In the frenzy of meeting Gerry, I think we seem to be slightly overlooking all the other wonderful things that went on. I had an absolutely fabulous time meeting everyone, which is why I really went. I'll post a little later why I went but for now, I'll try to give you a feel for some of the goings-on from my perspective.

I arrived on Thursday at the hotel and realized I would have a bit of an issue finding everyone-the hotel operator didn't seem to know who Football Princess was or Dr. Em. Go figure. :confused: Something about needing more information than screennames! No, seriously, I had a few first and last names and began locating people a couple at a time. I ended up in Dr. Em's room along with a few other people and began the task of matching screennames with real names. Not as easy as you might think! . But things began to fall into place. I had made plans to go to dinner in the hotel with whoever wanted to be there and then we were attending the Aussie male show, Thunder From Down Under. At the dinner, we continued the "Now, who are you?" phase and enjoyed sharing the Gerry-glow we all seem to radiate when we talk about "The Man" himself. It's so much fun sharing stories with people who understand why you can be such a goofball over someone that have never and may never meet.

The Aussie show was big fun for the group of us. Hmmm, half naked men parading around. Not a bad way to spend an evening! :pant: A group contined over to the VooDoo Lounge to dance while this tired mom went back to hotel to try to catch a few zzz's.

After breakfast in the morning, we went to the Golden Room to sign in and get the schedule for the day's events. I was able to get Jenni St. Giles autograph on the books that I had brought. Jenni, you are absolutely lovely and I admired your grace under pressure to be signing books when I know you had about a million things on your mind. The workshops began and some people settled in to make masks for the ball from all the wonderful crafty things that becozy brought. I couldn't believe all the things that we had to choose from. Even this very un-crafty person was able to create a mask. Thank you, Barb, for all of your hard work on this and organization. I'm sure it was a big task.

From there, I joined the siggie making class that our wonderful Bethy gave. When she was able to talk over the oohs and aahs and comments from the group of Butlerized brains *coughSpotcough*, she gave us so much information on how she creates her amazing siggies. You are a goddess http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif. Our wonderful Abrock also gave a class in how she makes her award winning videos. While at this stage of my computer skills, I think this is beyond me but I'm sure lots of people got some great ideas. Thank you so much, both of you, for sharing all of your wonderful knowledge.

Meanwhile, while all this was going on, movies were being shown upstairs in the celebrity suite where we could peruse all the wonderful items up for grabs for the Silent Auction. There were signed posters from DF, Beowulf, POTO as well as signed photos that made me :tasty: A couple of Marek dolls that had signed boxes were available as well as a POTO cape, Dracula cape, and what I think were production notes from DF signed. Lots of goodies to choose from.

Since this is turning into a book. I think I will finish for now and at a bit more later.

Edited by discoveringme

I arrived on Thursday at the hotel and realized I would have a bit of an issue finding everyone-the hotel operator didn't seem to know who Football Princess was or Dr. Em. Go figure. :confused: Something about needing more information than screennames! No, seriously, I had a few first and last names and began locating people a couple at a time.

Since this is turning into a book. I think I will finish for now and at a bit more later.

I was thinking how cute it is that screen names have almost become our first names. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate hearing something other than about Gerry (go figure) for a couple of reasons, I am sick with jealousy that I could not be there and also because I really am interested to hear about everything that went on. So, when you have time, please keep up more posting.

Lisa

Ok, if I haven't bored anyone to tears, I'll go on. If you are bored to tears, exit stage left and read the Gerry threads!

Friday night we had our first dinner. I loved meeting everyone at my table and realizing that the love of Gerry crosses every boundary you can think of. This man truly touches so many people in so many ways. To listen to us oooohhhhh and aaaaaaahhhhh over the pictures flashing on the big screen was absolutely hysterical. The collective :gerrygasm: probably went off the richter scale. The room was filled with periodic :spontaneous: every few moments. We learned that Tonya wouldn't be there that night but were told that she would be at the B&G screening the next day. Jeremy, the camera man continued to film us silly women. I have to say, I found him so completely charming and unassuming. He became a celebrity in his own right and couldn't have been kinder to us all. I think we all behaved ourselves considering he was the only source of testosterone in the room. However, when he came out onto the dance floor later, all bets were off. Just kidding. What guy wouldn't have wanted to be surrounded by a bunch of hormonally crazed women?!!!!

I was left in jaw-dropping awe at the dancing skills displayed. Dr. Em - only in my dreams could I dance that way. Bethy-I'm surprised Flat Gerry didn't burst into flames when you were dancing with him! :heat: What a fun night.

I'm sure others will add more to the non-Gerry moments of the evening. But for now I'll move onto Saturday.

We all managed to hop on the bus in the morning for the B&G screening at 8:00 am. It's amazing how much you can do on very little sleep. The movie was fantastic. I completely loved it. And seeing Gerry up on the big screen for the first time since last April was wonderful. The man acts not only with his voice and body but even his eyes. I am still totally mesmerized by him when I watch him. *le sigh* I was lucky enough to have the beautiful Tonya sitting right behind me during the screening. Hopefully, my sighs and other sound effects didn't disturb her. She really is a beautiful woman and I was so impressed with her willingness to be a celebrity for all of us there. I hope she feels well treated and loved.

The workshops continued in the afternoon. I got a chance to view JOTS on the screen in the celebrity suite. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Too fookin' funny. Gerry, your choice of roles has definitely improved but I haven't laughed so hard at a movie in awhile. I added my name to a few of the auction items and dreamed about the others.

I'll post a bit more later.

Hi Adoring/Lisa:

Great idea for starting this thread! I am loving reading about the Gerry encounters, but I'd loved to hear about the GALS and GB fans from other sites encountering each other, too! People have posted about how wonderful an experience the convention was, even without the Man's and Tonya's appearances, so bring on the stories!

--Danielle ::D:

I'll add a bit too! B&G was great in itself but I could not take my eyes off of Gerry! I had only seen him as the Phantom on the big screen before and I wasn't taking any chances of missing a single moment of him! He was stunning! How could anyone be so beautiful??

Then it was off to the POTO exhibit. We were NOT disappointed! Susan (again thanks so much for all you did to make this an incredible experience!) and her daughter and a friend had outdone themselves creating the best atmosphere to show these beautiful costumes in. Her house was beautiful and did absolute justice to the exhibit! We couldn't touch any of the costumes but she had mercy on us and let us put on the Phantom's cape from the graveyard scene and take pictures. She had the costumes dispersed about her house and up her staircase. I can't tell you how awe inspiring it was to see Christine's "Think of Me" dress , her outfit from the lair, her graveyard attire, La Calotta's dress and Piangi's outfit, but what did it for me and I think a lot of others was the Red Death outfit at the top of her stairs!! We took pictures with it as well. We learned how much trouble they took to get things just right. She had POTO playing too which added to the ambience. Cookies from a famous bakery and cool water and good conversation rounded out the experience. I will never forget it! Pics will be posted when I get them back and scan them. Again thanks Susan and family for making this one of the highlights of the convention!

Robyne

Hey ladies!

Patience, dear gals.

more details will be forthcoming on all aspects, but most of us have returned home to households that need attention plus full time jobs!! So we get the Gerry Juice-y details out first!!

I'm sure there will be skads of us posting about the Costumes at Metrospace's home (stunning! she was welcoming and kind!), the workshops (ach, gluedots and paste, glitter and ribbons for masks and cut and paste and layers, vectors and tubes for masks of a different type~graphics for signature making; rip and burn for video making) the auction items including the robe, cape and sandals from Judas in Dracula 2000, the red cape from Dracula (from a deleted scene? we weren't sure) and autographed scripts, production notes and posters, autographed photos and a stunning art piece.

However, posting and uploading photos are time consuming, so, if like me, many are squeezing their 'reports' in when they can. I only arrived home at 10PM last night.

Some went sightseeing, and to shows and dinners. My experience was in the conference room with mask supplies for over 8 hours between the two days, and then in the hospitality suite organizing items that weren't auction items. :bonk:

So I don't have much to give...but I adored meeting all the fun gals! There were gals from many other sites, and many 'unafilliated' ladies, too, including many sister-teams and mom and daughter(s) combos. What a blast!

What an experience~meeting all the lovely gals was what made my weekend a treat and himself was the Gerry on top. :claphands: It was so terrific to meet the people behind the MemberNames! It is wonderful to have that first hand meeting of the people you 'chat' with on line...now we really do 'know' one-another! It will be lovely to have an animated image in my mind when reading your posts!! I had a blast with the Mask Making workshop...if we do anything like that next year I'll be more prepared, knowing what will be needed. I arrived with three suitcases full of crafting supplies (and Gerry's Gift Book and Card!); and it was wonderful when that elusive box, the one that held the miracle glue dots and tapes and scissors and ribbons, finally appeared!!

The Talent show was amazing...so many heavenly voices raised in song! :clap: to stagewomanjen, songbird (Katie), Kimbo (Kim) and of course, Swansong (Bonnie Anne). Phanina (Ina) danced a lively Celtic step for us. The vids were a treat! Four entries from Have Mercy, Bea, WendyKate, and Abrock (now known as A-brock per Gerry's pronunciation!!~as versus our Ab-rock!!)

Gerry got to see all the performances on tape courtesy of his videographer, Jeremy Watt (a cutie himself;yes, he's single and from Vancouver). He pleaded for Gerry to come to the hotel without delay, saying we were 'so sweet'. Many of us feel he deserves a raise. :;): The votes were cast by the participants of the Con on Friday evening, and Gerry presented the Butler Award, stunning hand-crafted silver pendants by Dr. Batista (Annette), to Bonnie Anne (Swansong) and Melissa (The Artist Now Known as A-brock!).

Jenni St. Giles was autographing copies of her three books, and Jodi Minton (BlackOpera Mask) was autographing her book, a portion of the proceeds going directly to charity!

Ok...off to get my photos, hope I have some fun pics! And then I shall post. A newsletter to the CT Gals and Tarts will be forthcoming!

:hug: to all you lovely gals,

Barb

Oh, Good Lord. How could I have left out the amazing talent show on Friday night. :bonk: It shows you how Gerry-fied and GALS saturated my brain is. I was simply mesmerized by the talent shown by the women that performed. Each and every one of them was so talented. Jen, you showed such grace when your CD didn't work. Your unexpected acapella(sp) performance was wonderful. You have such a lovely, clear voice. I was so impressed. Swan, it goes without saying how blown away I was by your song. I know you weren't feeling well at the time. I can only imagine the beauty of it when you are at your best. Your Nathan is such a talent with his music. Truly a genious. Kimbo, I don't think anything besides Amazing Grace could have followed Swan's song. The Spirit that filled that room with everyone's voice joining in was so beautiful. Ina, I loved your dance. You did a wonderful job. Songbird, you were mahvelous as well, darlin'. I loved your entire performance. My deep apologies to the girl from GBUSA who sang first. Your name escapes me but you were wonderful. You have a beautiful voice and you really got our party going that night. I loved it when you sang later, as well. You were great!

I will be adding much non-Gerry stuff on my story thread soon. Meeting Gerry was surely the highlight of the experience in Vegas.... but I have much more to share about the convention later!

Swan

OoOH let's see.

I arrived Thursday, and met Stef and her sister and Mother at the airport.

When Stef and I got to the Sahara, we checked into our suite.. and went looking around.

I got to see the silent auction items, as I was helping set up the tables, and table cloths, then chairs for in front of the screen for movie viewing. I stood around awaiting orders, like a good little girl. Jenni was so sweet putting up with me! ::D:

At first I had my heart set on the signed pic of my beloved Attila, but then I just kept looking at Gerry's Judas Costume from Dracula 2000 and decided that I had to have it.

Thursday night, some of us went to see The Chippendales.. (Thank you Dayna!)

I fell in "like" (As Dayna would say) with Jace.

Posted Image

OooHhh Doctor!

And Pam (FootballPrincess) had a big thing for Nathan..

Posted Image

When Jace and Nathan came out on stage together, playing Doctors, Pam and I grabbed each others hands (with poor Stef in between us) and damn near wept at how lovely these men were.

We finally got up on stage at the end, to get pics taken, and I tickled Jace with a feather while Pam just swooned over Nathan.

Thanks must go to Dayna for getting us tickets.

The convention was a lot of fun!

The workshops were fun!

Barb's mask workshop was nice! The masks were lovely! Great job to the mask-makin'-ladies!

I had fun with the siggy workshop, even with Holly (Spotty) moaning over every picture of Gerry I put on the projector. :lol:

I remember schoolgirl giggling as I talked about, going slow so you can go around Gerry, and make sure everything is smooth before you put something on top of him..

Granted, I was talking about erasing the background of a picture and layering pics on top of one another..but you know how the pervy GALS are. :kisswink:

The talent how was so wonderful!

The dancing and the singing..

I was choked up during Swan's song, that when Kim started Amazing Grace, I was just an emotional wreck.

I had to get a drink after that! But boy everyone was just so talented, that I was like... Ooooh no when I was asked if I was going to sing my Gerry version of Black Velvet.. Maybe next year.

Mel (Abrock) performed "Thank you" by Alanis Morissette for some gerryaoke fun! WAY TO GO, MEL!

I got downright dirty dancing with Flat Gerry.

I believe Jeremy even got most of it on film.

:scared: A big girl dirty dancing with a piece of cardboard.

Ah well, big girls can get down too..

And I was getting down... RIGHT CASSIE!! :kisswink:

Beowulf was great. I sat in the back and put my feet up.

Although, I should have crashed with the Gutter GALS because I

was purring the whole time and I know they would have appreciated it.

:tasty:

The Ball was beautiful. The decorations..just everything was magical.

I won Gerry's Judas costume from Dracula 2000 at the silent auction, and I won Gerry's water glass that he was drinking out of that night.

I even went on stag eafter winning it, and after hearing "lick the glass" from the crowd, I licked the entire rim of the glass and drank the rest of the water.

Hey, I was thirsty! :lol:

Hey it was out of fun!

We were all beaming after Gerry showed up, so even though my dress was very long and the corset, bodice, and all the pieces were trying their damnest to keep all my bits and pieces in place, I said the hell with it and danced!

I even kicked my shoes off, and ripped my nylons off, swinging them over my head at one time.

I was so happy when I was on the dancefloor and the DJ played "Walk Like An Egyptian"

So I was walking around with a Marek doll..dressed in a suit and phantom mask, with his arms out like an egyptian, having him dance with everyone.

:lol: Was that Creedy, Jen?

Even though I am very self conscious about my weight, I still had a great time!

I don't think I ever had so much fun, in my life!

For the first time since I can remember I could just be myself.

I love it, and everyone who was there, physically, and in spirit.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

I took a ton of photos on Friday, I will be posting them to the gallery today... even some from Thursday's Chippendale's escapade, LOL

The funniest thing I can remember from Friday night's dance was when everyone was dancing and Flat Gerry was in the middle of the dance floor and all of the sudden he falls backwards and the entire female crowd let out an audible GASP! lol lol lol We all promptly scooped him up and took care of him, lol

Oh and thank you Mel for the beautious Gerry shots on the big screen while we danced, it was so fun to hoot and holler with the rest of ya!

I had fun with the siggy workshop, even with Holly (Spotty) moaning over every picture of Gerry I put on the projector.

I remember schoolgirl giggling as I talked about, going slow so you can go around Gerry, and make sure everything is smooth before you put something on top of him.

Granted, I was talking about erasing the background of a picture and layering pics on top of one another..but you know how the pervy GALS are. :kisswink:

JILL STARTED IT!! YEAH-HUH! I was sittin' there, innocently moaning, er, I mean minding my own business and she... well ... OH, ALL RIGHT! Sue me. I'm sorry. It was my birthday. I was sitting in gerry juice with a bunch of women that shared my, erm, "passion" and you're using terms like "exit" and "entry" and "put little gerry here" and "slide big gerry there..." WHAT'S A GROWN, MARRIED WOMAN WITH TWO KIDS BACK HOME SUPPOSED TO DO?! Sit there and simply smile inwardly?

For the record, I feel I exercised GREAT restraint by NOT licking the powerpoint screen. You have no idea how desperately I ached to make "shadow" fingers reach through the projection and pinch his mipples! THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO DO -- but no. I denied myself. I am a grown-up.

Ahem. ((Jill, we really must spend more time together next trip -- you have just enough "innocence" to carry off my blaming you for dastardly conduct without anyone thinking much of it! :rotflmao: ))

Spotty, was that you sitting next to me during the dinner and auction on Saturday night? I remember a very funny GAL sitting next to me whom I told about the birthday hug I got from Gerry to and she said it was her birthday as well. If it was you, I was cracking up from your comments during the auction. I was the one with the flower in my hair. Thank you for the laughs! Wished you could have won something from the raffle!

Birthday hugs to you...Robyne

Beowulf was great. I sat in the back and put my feet up.

Although, I should have crashed with the Gutter GALS because I

was purring the whole time and I know they would have appreciated it.

:tasty:

Yes you should have Bethy... you could have purred with the rest of the Gutter... ::D:

So I was walking around with a Marek doll..dressed in a suit and phantom mask, with his arms out like an egyptian, having him dance with everyone.

Was that Creedy, Jen?

Yep... that was my Creedy.... I've got pics of that too hehe

Hugs!!

Yeah, Spotty. I'm enjoying the fact that YOU are getting the blame from Bethy for most of the comments going on. I'm just little Miss Innocent, you know. :blushing:

I'm not the one who was wearing the big freaking yellow towel around my neck. (Although, I think I used a corner of it to mop up the drool when Bethy talked about layering Gerry on top of things.) Gerry Juice indeed.

Don't tell me the man doesn't get his effect on women when he says something like that.

Ok, I'm digressing now. This was supposed to be the non-Gerry gushing thread. Sorry.

*walks off innocently. whistling*

I had fun with the siggy workshop, even with Holly (Spotty) moaning over every picture of Gerry I put on the projector.

I remember schoolgirl giggling as I talked about, going slow so you can go around Gerry, and make sure everything is smooth before you put something on top of him.

JILL STARTED IT!! YEAH-HUH! I was sittin' there, innocently moaning, er, I mean minding my own business and she... well ... OH, ALL RIGHT! Sue me. I'm sorry. It was my birthday. I was sitting in gerry juice with a bunch of women that shared my, erm, "passion" and you're using terms like "exit" and "entry" and "put little gerry here" and "slide big gerry there..." WHAT'S A GROWN, MARRIED WOMAN WITH TWO KIDS BACK HOME SUPPOSED TO DO?! Sit there and simply smile inwardly?

For the record, I feel I exercised GREAT restraint by NOT licking the powerpoint screen. You have no idea how desperately I ached to make "shadow" fingers reach through the projection and pinch his mipples! THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO DO -- but no. I denied myself. I am a grown-up.

Ahem. ((Jill, we really must spend more time together next trip -- you have just enough "innocence" to carry off my blaming you for dastardly conduct without anyone thinking much of it! :rotflmao: ))

:funnyabove:

Shadow fingers!!!!

:rotflmao:

I fookin' love you!!!!

Ahem, and for the record.. I wil say honestly, I carefully chose my words at the workshop to make everything sound pervy..

I couldn't help it.. but I didn't know of anyone was filming that.. so I had to make it look like I was being professional. hehe

Shh.. don't tell anyone. :licky:

:dance:

Actually, I'm glad to hear that you put such effort into choosing your words, Bethy. I was afraid that I was becoming a real perv. Gee, now I don't have to worry about that. It was your's and Spot's fault all along. *Whew*

I think Saturday night is being talked about in enough places that I won't add too much here. other than to say... The room was spectacular. Tonya was amazing and beautiful. Gerry, well.......... I'll save that for elsewhere.

Everyone looked beautiful in their outfits that night. Not everyone was in a costume but it was fun to see a roomful of happy, excited women. The tables were gorgeous and the whole evening felt magical even before Gerry came. (Don't go there Spot and Celine) Even without Gerry's presence, it would have been a wonderful evening. It was fun being dressed up and feeling happy.

For me, the final event of the weekend was attending the POTO exhibit at Susan's (metrospace) home. The costumes are truly spectacular. The level of detail blew me away. The care and love that these costumes were obviously displayed with can put your mind at ease that they couldn't be in a better place. From how they are placed throughout the house to the finishing details that you have done, simply amazing. Thank you for giving us all a minor :gerrygasm: by allowing us to wear the cape. I was amazed at how heavy it was. A once in a lifetime experience, I'm sure. Thank you Thank you, Susan!

Guest greyeyegoddess

I'm working on my blog and will download pictures and hopefully a decent set of videos...I know, I know, hurry, hurry.

I spent Thursday evening with family. I have the cutest little two year old cousin who kept me quite busy. By Friday morning, my cousin came home for lunch to take me to the Sahara. And my adventure started. I walked in the hotel, not knowing where I was going, because in the stress of packing and throwing things in my cases, I forgot to print the phone numbers of my roommate. So I looked for fans...and found two of them, registering-Ardeth and Isabeau--newbies!!! YAY!

We walked around, and Ardeth, bless her heart, allowed me to put my luggage in her room until I could find my roomies. I remember seeing other fans walk by the registration, not knowing who they were and yelling, "Wait! Gerry Fans!" They must have thought I was crazy...they are probably right. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. We wandered around, until we found someone with a Gerry badge and asked them which way to the party. It was located up a floor in the casino. There was a gorgeous sign with Gerry as Beowulf welcoming us to the party at the bottom of the escalator. Everyone knew we were there.

We walked in the hall and one side was a huge screen, where the videos and moving signatures were being taught. I specifically wanted to learn, but I never got the chance. The other side had fans making gorgeous masks and swag to buy with Gerry's face plastered everywhere. Snowglobes, note cards, postcards, pictures, magnets, compact mirror, etc. These were being sold by GBUSA and thank them for making me spend money on Gerry stuff! LOL! Registration had Dr. Batista with her silver charms and jewelry. They were gorgeous, and I"ll have to order some, because I never got around to getting any. There were other tables for raffle items, and the author's tables, which was a delight. I haven't had a chance to read the stories, because I'm behind on reading books that I have already. I will get to them, probably this summer. There were other goodies like scottish candy bars and gals buttons.

I spent most of the day making my mask for the ball the next night. Very, very glad to meet Becozy--such a sweet lady. I sat and looked around to see who I could recognize. I saw Mousie and Bethy, Susan (who I knew and always look forward to seeing), Penny who I hadn't seen since the last Jay Leno show (what a day! Two for Two!). I listened to those around me to catch their names. It's always interesting to see the reaction of people when we finally meet after "knowing" each other online..."Oh YOU'RE GREYEYEGODDESS, so good to meet you!!" It did make me feel good to know that people do read my posts, as I read others. Finally met Abrock and Mousie before cleaning up.

My roommate, Alison, came up to me at about the time the hall had to close to get ready for dinner. What to wear, what to wear...very casual as there was dancing afterwards, and well, to say it lightly--I love to dance. But darn it! I forgot my leg wrap! Trying to figure out if the hotel sells ace bandages, and they don't. Did you know they also don't sell gum? So a makeshift bandage of a long scarf worked very, very well. In fact, I've decided to use it instead of the wrap because it's more comfortable.

Dinner-simple-cesear salad (?) chicken, fancy mashed potatoes, small squash, was ok. Strawberry shortcake for dessert. We were entertained by some of the most wonderful singers. OH, each one of them were just fantastic! There was no way to choose who was the best. I was really moved by each of them. And we had our own celtic dancer-Ina. She did a wonderful job and I was very happy to talk to her afterwards. I sat with Emily Bronte and met a few local San Jose women during dinner---more newbies!!!

I was expecting Tonya to be there, because our local fan group had something special to give her, and I was the delivery person. No show, but it didn't matter at the time. We still had fun with karaoke and dancing the night away. We have some great dancers.

After dinner, I remember Dr. Em going around to everyone and I finally got to meet her. What a delightful person! She is more sweet than the sweetest confection.

I did find my roommates, my room and moved my stuff. After, a bunch of us met up at the suite to watch Gerry movies and to look at the auction pieces. I would have loved to have had some piece of clothing, but I really wanted a Marek doll, because I collect dolls. I saw that the two single dolls were up there in price and no one had bidded on the complete set. So I did. After I put my name down, I kept thinking, "How in the world will I get this home?" I guess it didn't bother me so much. I'd figure it out, even if I had to leave it with someone in Vegas and come back for them. Just kidding...

Most of you know what happened Saturday night. I didn't go to any shows, didn't get a tattoo; I just wanted to get to know my gals a little bit better.

Part 2 coming later....

~alice

Hello my beautiful GALS!

I just put up a bunch of photos I took on Friday from registration & the workshops and the dinner/dance! ::D: Enjoy!

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=46

Oh and here are some piccies from our outting to Chippendale's on Thursday night, hehehe

Posted ImageThe naughty Dr. Em

Posted ImageSaucy Minx Bethy ::D:

Posted ImageFootball Princess (Pam) with her man (right? i think hehehe) and tickler Bethy :lol:

Posted ImageThe sexy GALS Jenni, Dayna, & Annette

Actually, I'm glad to hear that you put such effort into choosing your words, Bethy. I was afraid that I was becoming a real perv. Gee, now I don't have to worry about that. It was your's and Spot's fault all along. *Whew*

I think Saturday night is being talked about in enough places that I won't add too much here. other than to say... The room was spectacular. Tonya was amazing and beautiful. Gerry, well.......... I'll save that for elsewhere.

Everyone looked beautiful in their outfits that night. Not everyone was in a costume but it was fun to see a roomful of happy, excited women. The tables were gorgeous and the whole evening felt magical even before Gerry came. (Don't go there Spot and Celine) Even without Gerry's presence, it would have been a wonderful evening. It was fun being dressed up and feeling happy.

For me, the final event of the weekend was attending the POTO exhibit at Susan's (metrospace) home. The costumes are truly spectacular. The level of detail blew me away. The care and love that these costumes were obviously displayed with can put your mind at ease that they couldn't be in a better place. From how they are placed throughout the house to the finishing details that you have done, simply amazing. Thank you for giving us all a minor :gerrygasm: by allowing us to wear the cape. I was amazed at how heavy it was. A once in a lifetime experience, I'm sure. Thank you Thank you, Susan!

:funnyabove: :funnyabove:

Who me?? would I?

Haha she said came!!!!

OK, I wasn't sure WHICH thread to use but I'll use this one.

I arrived late on Thursday night because I couldn't get off work before 6pm (dang payroll)! Phanina (Ina) found me right away in baggage claim (I told her I'd wear my MacSporran tartan tam) and I had my newly minted "Infamous" t-shirt on. My luggage was among the first pieces off the carousel so off we went to the taxi stand. Though the line was long it moved fast (it was funny at times because we had to keep winding round and round like at Disneyland). It was finally our turn and the lady directing people said "#19" and we cracked up because 19 is the FARTHEST space away so we still had to haul all our stuff down to that space. I don't even remember the ride, except that we talked and got to know each other. We got to the hotel and had a heck of a time with my reservation because I booked it for myself and Pam but Pam arrived ahead of me. They kept trying to put me in a different room than she was in and since she was at the Chippendales show at that time I couldn't call her to confirm that I was supposed to be in her room. So after trips up and down in the elevator twice I finally found the guy who had checked Pam in and he remembered that I was supposed to be staying with her so they moved MY reservation to HER room and finally I was able to get my luggage settled. By now it was well after 10 and Ina was helping me get stuff to my room since she had already checked into hers. We decided to get some dinner, and both of us kept laughing at all the camels in the decor. After dinner we stopped at a gift shop to see if they sold any camel stuff and sure enough we found these adorable stuffed ones that have a Sahara blanket over the hump. TOOO perfect. I warned the cashier they just might sell out of their stock of them over the weekend.

We went back to my room to wait for Pam to return and I showed Ina some videos that I had with me and of course we just talked a bunch about Gerry. Sometime in the wee hours of the morning Pam got there, Ina left to go back to her room, and Pam and I stayed up past the Gerry-hour of 3 a.m. talking and playing with dolls (and Flat Lish).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I got up at th butt-crack of dawn (well, around 8:30) and went downstairs to see if I could help set up the room, because Dr. Em and Jenni had said they'd be there at 8. I can't even remember who I met up with (I think it was Celine, maybe Ina - my brain is mush) but we spotted Jodi (Black Opera Mask) and Stagewomanjen in the cafe having breakfast so we joined them and finally about 9:30 Dr. Em found us there. After breakfast it was time to register, I bought some yummy Galaxy chocolate (Gerry's favorite Scottish chocolate we were told) and got Jenni to autograph my copies of her books, and also got Jodi's book. The goodie bags prepared by GBUSA included a beautiful yellow towel embroidered with green GB initials, and we also got our convention t-shirts. I got one of the limited-edition mugs for being among the first 36 to sign up for the convention.

Next it was the siggy workshop with Bethy. I am even more in awe of your work now, after seeing how much goes into creating an animated siggy. I think I need more classes to ever be able to do one myself!

Jenni then asked if I would go up and relieve Risa in the Celebrity Suite so I was up there for the next few hours, watching Gerry movies and perusing the goodies in the auction. In addition to items already mentioned there was an amazing very-limited edition giclee called "Learn to be Lonely" that has several of Gerry's Phantom faces on it - Celine won this item and I took photos of it.

Posted Image

I must take a break in the story now to take care of a situation here at home, will try to finish it tomorrow.

Thursday night, some of us went to see The Chippendales.. (Thank you Dayna!)

I fell in "like" (As Dayna would say) with Jace.

Posted Image

OooHhh Doctor!

And Pam (FootballPrincess) had a big thing for Nathan..

Posted Image

When Jace and Nathan came out on stage together, playing Doctors, Pam and I grabbed each others hands (with poor Stef in between us) and damn near wept at how lovely these men were.

We finally got up on stage at the end, to get pics taken, and I tickled Jace with a feather while Pam just swooned over Nathan.

Thanks must go to Dayna for getting us tickets.

Thanks must go to my friend, Devin for getting us the tickets. He made a call to the manager and had our tickets comped (Devin's a Chippendale dancer for the East Coast Tour). What a guy! Yes, Devin, I know I owe you.... :funnyface:

The show was FABULOUS! Absolutely fabulous and I was left wanting....more. :ohbaby2:

I will post more later....NOT! :woah:

:hugs:

Dr. Em

OK, I wasn't sure WHICH thread to use but I'll use this one.

I arrived late on Thursday night because I couldn't get off work before 6pm (dang payroll)! Phanina (Ina) found me right away in baggage claim (I told her I'd wear my MacSporran tartan tam)

Yes... Thursday.... That seems like an eternity ago.... LOL... I had been worried to find Susan but I managed to recognize her right away... I had a great time Thursday night having dinner and watching Gerry vids and pics with Susan... :wave: Susan!

Friday - Bethy's siggy workshop was great. I have that same program Corel Paint Shop Pro but I'm still learning and it's quite different than the program I used before... I found out some good tips which will help me with my siggys in the future...

The talent show... wow... I felt rather badly about my dancing in comparison to those fantastic singers...

It was so glad to finally meet some pen pals like Ashley, WendyKate and Cheryl and make new friends like Cassie... love you gals!!!! Stay in touch!!!

Saturday... finally saw B&G... It was good... but now please, don't come after me... I was not blown away by the movie. It's a great story but I think they could have done more with it... gone a little deeper into the characters... But Gerry was wonderful...

The POTO costumes at Metrospace's house.... Just wonderful... The Red Death up on that stairway... wow....

Sunday.... well, I have to admit it... I am a trekkie.... so I spend most of the day at the Star Trek experience at the Hilton... Thank you, Isabeau, for being a partner in crime.... :wave:

Monday.... trip to the Venetian and the Wynn hotels for some sightseeing with Isabeau, Allison and Elaine... We had such a blast!!! The funny thing is that we found a Burberry Brit store at the Venetian and sampled Burrberry Brit... Then we found a Jo Malone store at the Wynn and sampled Jo Malone... So Isabeau, Allison and msyelf were smelling quite deliciously....LOL From the Wynn we caught a free shuttle back to the Monorail which brought us home to the Sahara where we changed in our evening cloth for the opening of POTO... The show was phantastic. I loved the girl who played Christine, one of the best I've ever seen. The Phantom wasn't all that great, but I'm sure he'll grow into the part... (And Gerry is just such a hard act to follow anyway...LOL... esp. after a Gerry convention...LOL) the funny thing was that I sat next to two Gerry fans from Chicago who had debated about coming to the convention but decided not to and of course were rather shocked when I told them about Gerry's visit...

After the show we ran into Charles Hart, the lyrisist of POTO and got his autograph... Oh, Oh, get that!!!

He saw some of the gal's buttons saying Gerry Butler gals and remarked:

"So you are Gerry Butler fans, huh? Gerry is a bad boy. He likes all the ladies..."

Yes... no surprise there....LOL (Those of you who were with me correct me if I got it wrong... but I think the essence what Mr. Hart said is right. I was glad I recognized him from the extras on the DVD and Isabeau ran after him when I pointed at him and started screaming... "There! That's the guy.... the guy who wrote the lyrics for POTO!!!"

We had a wonderful dinner at the Venetian with some fellow gals....

What a vacation... lack of sleep and food but sure no lack of excitement!!!!

Ina

Edited by Phanina

Ina, Your dancing was wonderful! I was so impressed throughout your performance. Everyone was clapping for you, too, so lots of us were impressed.

You go girl!! ::D:

I'm glad to hear POTO was great. I'm anxious to hear more about it.