Gerard Butler GALS

Please give us reports on events

Ina, Your dancing was wonderful! I was so impressed throughout your performance. Everyone was clapping for you, too, so lots of us were impressed.

You go girl!! ::D:

I'm glad to hear POTO was great. I'm anxious to hear more about it.

Thank you so much for the compliment. Like I said, I'm still a beginner in Irish Dancing but I just LOVE it but I was soooo nervous...

Phantom was awesome!!!!! BUT I didn't like the way they cut a few of the songs. They cut a lot from the second act of the original stage show and at times it felt a little rushed.

The effects were awesome. The theater looked more modern than I had expected. The sets, especially for Masquerade, were fantastic!!! The cast... I LOVED Christine. She was one of the best I had seen on stage. What a beautiful voice!!! I had tears in my eyes when she sang "Think of Me". The Phantom... hm.. it was his first time... you could tell. He has potential but wasn't that good yet... The rest of the cast was very good. I need to check my program to see who was who....

Ina

Susan, I am almost positive I would remember you getting up at my butt crack, and I certainly don't!!!

OK Dawn, ya got me there. Despite some wild times in Vegas I did NOT get up at your butt crack, never even tried!!!

Jill - I hope we can get a group of California GALS to go back to Vegas just for Phantom, so keep me informed if you hear anything and I'll do the same for you. I was sooooo bummed to miss it this trip, but there will be other opportunities for me, I'm sure.

Oh goodness... it's such a blur. We do have some video of it, i am just so inundated right now, it'll get online soon I promise ::D:

She answered a bunch of questions that she had prior knowledge of from Dr. Em. She gave the scoop about Gerry's new pug puppy but didn't know the pup's name - Gerry told us that himself, hehe She also said that he has a zillion leather jackets and he shops a lot! lol Oh geez, why is mind such a blur?! She talked about how she wants him to quit smoking (correct?) and how she hides his lighter (right?). She was so great too at B&G - she stayed for pics with the admins, I am posting a few of those later. She chatted with us a while and admired Annette's jewelry - I showed her my charm bracelet and birthday necklace Annette made me.

I'm sure others will remember better than me, i was so hyped up, LOL

:kiss: Stef

I'm sure other people can give better details. But I thought Tonya was extremely respectful of Gerry and while she gave us a brief glimpse into his life, she didn't share anything that would be embarrassing for him. She shared that her pet peeve with him is his smoking. If he asks her to get him more cigarettes she'll refuse and won't help him look for his lighter. You go girl.

She also shared that he has 5 closets full of jackets. (I can't remember if they were all leather) but it's a lot none the less. Makes me wonder if he had one jacket as a kid and always wanted more. Or maybe, being the youngest, he always had hand-me-downs. (Speaking as a youngest child, I HATED hand-me-downs.)

She was the first to share that he had his new little puppy in his life. (We didn't get the name until Gerry came out. Thanks for asking Isabeau!)

She shared how long they have known each other and how she came to work for him. I'm sure there is more but I was blown away by how gracious she was as well as how stunningly beautiful she was. Truly a lovely lovely person.

Edit: Stef I must have been writing while you posted. Sorry if I'm duplicating info. I completely enjoyed having her join us. What a doll.

Edited by discoveringme

I've been wanting to post this and I wasn't sure where so here goes. This is an edited version of a letter I sent to a really good friend of mine. (We've known each other for 30 years) I wrote it the Monday after Vegas so my emotional system was on complete overload. I hope it makes sense....

This trip to Vegas was something I really needed to do for myself and by myself. I wasn't leaving you out of it by not inviting you, honestly. If you had gone, then I would have wanted to spend all my time talking to you. That's a good thing, you know, not a bad thing. But that would have stopped me from meeting all these amazing people that I met. Some of them I've met online thru posts and knew their first names, maybe, but in order for me to really make connections with people I needed a face to match the posts. All of us were there because somewhere along the line, one or more of Gerard Butler's movies had touched us and made a change in our lives. Or maybe something that he said in an interview had touched us. Sharing that connection was very important. It may sound like a shallow way to start a friendship to some people, but that was only the catalyst. It goes much deeper than that.

You've known me truly longer than anybody that I have in my life right now other than my family. (That even includes my hubby, in case you've forgotten!) And knowing me, I hope you know how hard this was for me to not only travel completely by myself but also to step into a situation where I wouldn't truly know anybody. I was scared to death. I stood there in the Vegas airport wondering "What the hell have I done?" But the first couple of connections that I was able to make were with two of the women that I had wanted to meet. Somewhere along the line, they had played a part in me wanting to be there. My mind and body began to relax and I knew that I hadn't made a mistake. Things began to fall into place and I was able to start meeting people that I had known only as a screenname but had somehow connected with something they said. Whether it was sharing the same warped sense of humor or being in the same part of our journey in life, or loving a certain role Gerard had played for a similar reason, those connections began to happen. As the weekend progressed, I laughed like I haven't been able to laugh in a long long time. And frankly, the only time I laugh like that is when I'm with you. (You do make me laugh, you know. )

My life right now is so freaking filled with responsibilities to other people that I don't really know who I am anymore. There is such a long list of things that I must do and haven't done, that the guilt that I live with every day is drowning me. Deep down, in my core self, something is hidden away for whatever the reasons are and I needed to start peeling away the layers of that. This was a chance for me to walk into a situation without any pre-conceived notion of what role I needed to play. I could hang out and spend my time doing whatever I wanted to do without having to make sure everyone else was taken care of first. I had meals with different people, I hung out with with different groups of people at different times and I didn't have to worry about whether or not someone was alone because we were all doing that. It was the most freedom I think I have ever experienced in my life. And to be able to do that (and still be a very good girl!) was amazing.

I didn't go because I thought Gerard would be there. That really came out of the blue like a bolt of lightening. It was the absolute icing on the cake but my experience wouldn't have been any less wonderful if we hadn't been able to be in the same room for that period of time. Yes, those particular few moments will be in my mind forever but it truly wasn't the reason to go. I hope you can understand that.

One of the reasons that I didn't tell you ahead of time that I was going is that I knew I would have to explain why I was going. At that point, I knew I couldn't even explain it to myself so how could I possibly explain it to anybody else? All I knew was that it was something that I needed to do.

The Mark Twain quote below was the final thing that made me decide to go. I think it's a good way to live to your life.

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

I would have always regretted not going to this. And I just can't do that anymore.

I know all this may fall under the category of Too Much Information. But for me, this was about so much more than the time I got to be in same room as Gerry. I'm not trying to downplay that Gerry came. I will truly remember the time he took with us for the rest of my life. And I am grateful to Tonya, Dr. Em and everyone else who made it happen. But this was also about making connections in our lives. And that is what I will take away with me from Vegas.

Thank you so much for all your wonderful stories! They are so exiting! Tonya is such a nice woman and what an exceptional surprise that Gerry was there!

Did Tonya say something when filming of Therese Raquin will begin or if Gerry wants to stay in LA constantly?

Thank you so much for all your wonderful stories! They are so exiting! Tonya is such a nice woman and what an exceptional surprise that Gerry was there!

Did Tonya say something when filming of Therese Raquin will begin or if Gerry wants to stay in LA constantly?

I don't think either issue was addressed but I think the word out is that Therese Raquin will film in the fall in the Republic of Georgia. Am I right on that?

So,Tonya didn't confirm that she is now living in California?

(That info may fall under the title "not public info" for her sake and Gerry's, I suppose.)

I can't imagine having a particular place as home, being Gerry's PA, when he's all over the place, but the sunshine has its benefits, and that part of So Cal has many beautiful places to live and visit.

I've been wanting to post this and I wasn't sure where so here goes. This is an edited version of a letter I sent to a really good friend of mine. (We've known each other for 30 years) I wrote it the Monday after Vegas so my emotional system was on complete overload. I hope it makes sense....

This trip to Vegas was something I really needed to do for myself and by myself. I wasn't leaving you out of it by not inviting you, honestly. If you had gone, then I would have wanted to spend all my time talking to you. That's a good thing, you know, not a bad thing. But that would have stopped me from meeting all these amazing people that I met. Some of them I've met online thru posts and knew their first names, maybe, but in order for me to really make connections with people I needed a face to match the posts. All of us were there because somewhere along the line, one or more of Gerard Butler's movies had touched us and made a change in our lives. Or maybe something that he said in an interview had touched us. Sharing that connection was very important. It may sound like a shallow way to start a friendship to some people, but that was only the catalyst. It goes much deeper than that.

You've known me truly longer than anybody that I have in my life right now other than my family. (That even includes my hubby, in case you've forgotten!) And knowing me, I hope you know how hard this was for me to not only travel completely by myself but also to step into a situation where I wouldn't truly know anybody. I was scared to death. I stood there in the Vegas airport wondering "What the hell have I done?" But the first couple of connections that I was able to make were with two of the women that I had wanted to meet. Somewhere along the line, they had played a part in me wanting to be there. My mind and body began to relax and I knew that I hadn't made a mistake. Things began to fall into place and I was able to start meeting people that I had known only as a screenname but had somehow connected with something they said. Whether it was sharing the same warped sense of humor or being in the same part of our journey in life, or loving a certain role Gerard had played for a similar reason, those connections began to happen. As the weekend progressed, I laughed like I haven't been able to laugh in a long long time. And frankly, the only time I laugh like that is when I'm with you. (You do make me laugh, you know. )

My life right now is so freaking filled with responsibilities to other people that I don't really know who I am anymore. There is such a long list of things that I must do and haven't done, that the guilt that I live with every day is drowning me. Deep down, in my core self, something is hidden away for whatever the reasons are and I needed to start peeling away the layers of that. This was a chance for me to walk into a situation without any pre-conceived notion of what role I needed to play. I could hang out and spend my time doing whatever I wanted to do without having to make sure everyone else was taken care of first. I had meals with different people, I hung out with with different groups of people at different times and I didn't have to worry about whether or not someone was alone because we were all doing that. It was the most freedom I think I have ever experienced in my life. And to be able to do that (and still be a very good girl!) was amazing.

I didn't go because I thought Gerard would be there. That really came out of the blue like a bolt of lightening. It was the absolute icing on the cake but my experience wouldn't have been any less wonderful if we hadn't been able to be in the same room for that period of time. Yes, those particular few moments will be in my mind forever but it truly wasn't the reason to go. I hope you can understand that.

One of the reasons that I didn't tell you ahead of time that I was going is that I knew I would have to explain why I was going. At that point, I knew I couldn't even explain it to myself so how could I possibly explain it to anybody else? All I knew was that it was something that I needed to do.

The Mark Twain quote below was the final thing that made me decide to go. I think it's a good way to live to your life.

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

I would have always regretted not going to this. And I just can't do that anymore.

I know all this may fall under the category of Too Much Information. But for me, this was about so much more than the time I got to be in same room as Gerry. I'm not trying to downplay that Gerry came. I will truly remember the time he took with us for the rest of my life. And I am grateful to Tonya, Dr. Em and everyone else who made it happen. But this was also about making connections in our lives. And that is what I will take away with me from Vegas.

Wow Jill... I am very moved by your words here, and I can totally relate to HOW you experienced Vegas. It is sometimes difficult to explain to the other people in our lives, just how much GALS, Gerry and our friends here have come to mean to us. Thank you for articulating it all so beautifully.

BTW... may I ask? How did your friend respond?

Swan

So,Tonya didn't confirm that she is now living in California?

(That info may fall under the title "not public info" for her sake and Gerry's, I suppose.)

I can't imagine having a particular place as home, being Gerry's PA, when he's all over the place, but the sunshine has its benefits, and that part of So Cal has many beautiful places to live and visit.

I think she said she is in LA but the question was whether or not Gerry is there more permanently. But I could definitely be mistaken on that. How did everyone else hear that?

Swan - I haven't really gotten a chance to talk to the friend that I wrote it for originally. But we are going on vacation together next week so we'll have a couple of weeks to catch up. She really is great supporter for me so I know even if she doesn't completely get it, she won't criticize me for it either. She knows when something is important to me just as I know the things that are important to her. I'm lucky to have her as a friend.

I actually sent a similar version of it to my other Gerryfied friend who did not go to Vegas. She seemed to understand why I went even if I had gone without her. It just wouldn't have been her thing except for when Gerry came. I did call her that night after he left. It was a fun conversation.

I don't think either issue was addressed but I think the word out is that Therese Raquin will film in the fall in the Republic of Georgia. Am I right on that?

I thought I had heard in the original announcement of the movie that it would be filmed in the Czech Republic, but maybe that has changed...