Gerard Butler GALS

You Vegas attendees aren't much help

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

I'm loving reading all the reports of the personal times with Gerry and there are moments that are bring tears to my eyes because of his sincere connection to fans. BUT, for the most part everyone's mind went completely blank and except for the strength and sincere hugs that were received... no one remember's what happened! Don't remember what HE said, don't remember what THEY said... :rotflmao::rotflmao: Just completely lost in the Gerry fog! :comfort:

I understand it completely... congratulations to all of you who managed to stay on your feet in spite of spaghetti legs! Way to go girls! Glad everyone had a wonderful time, as far as you remember. :wedgie:

Stalow Luv just for you.... this is what I remember..

Gerry is more beautiful in person than any picture of him that I have ever seen (and I think I have looked at them all) When he smiles, you can't help but smile back.

His giggle is light, and sends tingles down your spine. (and shhhhhh but when he swears those tingles are even better) :heat:

You NEVER get the feeling of being talked down too, and he makes a point of sweeping his gaze across the room, so that nearly every person there can say that at one point or other he was looking in their direction ...if not straight at them.

He is genuine, and lovely, and actually very funny. He looked :tasty: And even through it all, I hope he knows we were doing our best to behave (I think we did an amazing job there concidering how quickly we all fell in love .... not lust either.... in love with him all over again)

I hope this helps hon..... Loves Toni

One of the many things that struck me was how quickly he put us all at ease! He set it straight about how he loved ALL his sites and he repeated it to make sure we understood it. He called himself a major F**k up and cussed up a storm and we all loved it! He told us what he named his puppy (makes me wonder if he just then named her because Tonya had just told us that it wasn't named yet), told us about his hurt back and made us laugh so hard. I know we were giddy but we were also very respectful, almost like everyone mentally agreed to be ladies as he entered the room. He was very funny, spontaneous, sweet. He made us feel like we were just sitting around shooting the breeze. He has an amazing gift and it was wondrous to be under his spell. Everyone rejoiced with those who had special time with Gerry. I was looking at his eyes the whole time he talked and he really did make eye contact with us. I know he felt the love for him and was humbled. When he started to leave, he came down the line and connected with those there. He was so loving and gracious. I was taking pictures of him, not expecting anything when the next thing I knew he was standing in front of me waiting for me to say something. My mouth opened and I said that I had just celebrated my birthday and could I get a hug. He reached towards me and my arms went up over his shoulders, his arms went around me and he buried his face in my hair. The flower that was in my hair and touched his face has a very special place now! Just before he let go he gave me a squeeze that let me feel his chest. Funnily, all I could think of was what a great hugger he was! What a man! He was gone very soon after that and you could feel the room implode from lack of his presence, lol! I floated the rest of the night!

Hope this gives you just a taste of how it was for us!

BTW...if any one got a picture of him hugging me, please send me a copy to robynehenderson@bresnan.net Thanks!

Robyne

Most (if not all) of us left Vegas completely exhausted and suffering severe brain fade. I'm sure in the next few days as we decompress and our brain functions return to semi-normal we will all be able to provide everyone with more details of the weekend, and of Gerry himself. Right now I'm on my way to Fed Ex to get video off to Stef by morning.

I'm loving reading all the reports of the personal times with Gerry and there are moments that are bring tears to my eyes because of his sincere connection to fans. BUT, for the most part everyone's mind went completely blank and except for the strength and sincere hugs that were received... no one remember's what happened! Don't remember what HE said, don't remember what THEY said... :rotflmao::rotflmao: Just completely lost in the Gerry fog! :comfort:

Stalow, you have to experience it to realize that this is a common occurrence with those who find themselves face-to-face with G. It makes you so mad that you can't remember SQUAT about what happened. Those of us in Toronto had to kind of hook up and exchange stories, so we could get the "bigger picture", filling in each others' gaps. I'm sure that will happen here as well. Listening to statements made during the video that was taken in Toronto was a shock, as I'd forgotten making most of them!

Robyne, I didn't know you got to meet him! I'm so excited for all of you!

Why did he call himself a major F**K up?? In what context was that statement made? Also, how did he hurt his back? Someone said they thought he had a back brace on that night...I hope he's okay...

Well, everyone I know is just ecstatic about this turn of events...the chatroom at GB.Net didn't go to sleep until 6am that night morning...we were all so excited and happy for you all!!!

Kudos to you, Gerry, once again! You're the man!

I can't remember who made the statement of feeling love for him, not lust; and I agree...when you're with him, you have the utmost love, respect and admiration for him. What goes on in the depths of the fansites is often something altogether different, aye? :greatking: :reddeathsword: :tasty:

Patti

Stalow, you have to experience it to realize that this is a common occurrence with those who find themselves face-to-face with G. It makes you so mad that you can't remember SQUAT about what happened. Those of us in Toronto had to kind of hook up and exchange stories, so we could get the "bigger picture", filling in each others' gaps. I'm sure that will happen here as well. Listening to statements made during the video that was taken in Toronto was a shock, as I'd forgotten making most of them!

Robyne, I didn't know you got to meet him! I'm so excited for all of you!

Why did he call himself a major F**K up?? In what context was that statement made? Also, how did he hurt his back? Someone said they thought he had a back brace on that night...I hope he's okay...

Well, everyone I know is just ecstatic about this turn of events...the chatroom at GB.Net didn't go to sleep until 6am that night morning...we were all so excited and happy for you all!!!

Kudos to you, Gerry, once again! You're the man!

I can't remember who made the statement of feeling love for him, not lust; and I agree...when you're with him, you have the utmost love, respect and admiration for him. What goes on in the depths of the fansites is often something altogether different, aye? :greatking: :reddeathsword: :tasty:

Patti

Hi Patti! Nice to see you here! Now, see I can't quite remember why he said he was a FU because, for one thing it was hard to hear everything he said due to everyone being so excited and I were still in shock that we were actually looking at the man with our own peepers, but I think (correct me anybody you knows) it had something to do with his back being hurt. I am remembering little tidbits more and more but until we get some more video I just can't be sure what context everything was in! So we all need to fill in the gaps here too! Yes and I got to hug that sweet man and he felt GOOD!!

Thanks for sharing in our joy all you over at GB.Net! Believe me, there will be more remembrances as time goes on.

Hugs to you! Robyne

I thought when he called himself a FU it was in the context of why we identify with him. (Hopefully not because we are FU's ourselves :lol: ) but because he is just so human and flawed. He has shown us who he is thru his interviews, warts and all and yet we still love him. Quite possibly because of those flaws. He's been open about partying his way thru college and causing a lot of problems with his drinking. For me, that speaks partly to his intelligence. Being a party guy thru college but still walking away with a law degree seems impressive to me but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Walking away from a law career in the last few days of a probationary period probably could be viewed as being a FU in someone's eyes. Personally, I admire the fact that he recognized what his drinking was doing to him and did something about it. That takes a lot of guts and courage to admit you need help. I'm sure he may have been referring to other things as well but that is what comes to mind at the moment to me. I'm sure others most likely will have a different interpretation. This just happens to be mine.

So, that was my take on it. I know that we don't know everything there is to know about him. Thank God the man keeps his personal life personal. But the glimpses that he's let us in on, show me someone that knows they've made questionable judgements at times (who among us hasn't) but keeps on moving forward. I know I continue to be impressed with his candor, humor and intelligence. Wrap that up in a drop dead sexy package that comes along with a Scottish accent for the bow and that is why I'm a complete puddle when it comes to Gerard James Butler.

I know I continue to be impressed with his candor, humor and intelligence. Wrap that up in a drop dead sexy package that comes along with a Scottish accent for the bow and that is why I'm a complete puddle when it comes to Gerard James Butler.

::D: ::D: ::D: You said that so well!!

I think you are right about why he said he was a FU discoveringme. I do recall something being said to that effect now but not all he said was heard by me. I am hoping that we can get all he said pieced together from any video that was taped out there. It may be awhile before Jereme has his documentary finished. Thanks sweetie!

Hugs...Robyne

Gerry's back was hurt doing a stunt car crash during BOAW. He said he told the director he thought it was dangerous that they wanted him to drive the Land Rover into a wall. He was told - (paraphrasing - the video should be up soon) - that it was easy, a granny could do it without getting hurt. So he and Pierce got into the vehicle and drove it into the wall - and Gerry's neck and back were pretty badly hurt. He is spending most of his time now with chirorpractors, massage therapists and doctors. That would also explain why he has not looked his normal jovial self in recent pictures (well, until the ones from the convention, we gave him something to smile about, I guess!!)

And Patti, it is so true I heard from everyone (and my own experience) that despite the lusty fantasies that may exist here and on other fan sites, when most of us meet him and are lucky enough to get a hug, it is like hugging a very dear friend and there is nothing lusty about it.

Ok well here is what I remember!!

Tonya legs it back to get the butler award and out walks the G-man I bleive I said "No F***ing way!" but there he was!!

He came on stage and told us something like, I hope you realise I'm putting my carer on the line here to become an award! Everyone cracked up,

From then I remember what he said but not the order he said it it or anything. He took the bracelet from Annette and made his colin farrell comment and said "if you really knew me You wouldn't have gone to the trouble" something like that, very humble.

There was his comment about his heart racing, how he couldn't see with the camera flashes but bless the girls for taking the pics as the lighting was very bad without the flash we were screwed!!

He told us he hated to be parted from Lolita I tried think I screamed I have a pug but he didn't hear lol.

He told us about the accident, in Fact Jeremy told us on the friday but Gerry confirmed it on the saturday, so when asked what he likes to do with his down time, Chiropracters, deep tissue massage and then his giggle at that

he said something like You guys know, I 'm a complete F**k up or Like you I'm a complete f**k up. I remember thinking did he just call us f*ck-ups? and LMAO at it.

He had his moments with Bethy, Swan and Mel a big hug from Dayna!

He called Tonya a B*tch a couple of times all in good humour.

he made his Gerry juice comment and talked about not doing any old rom-com but waiting for the right one.

He talked about B&G being released in new Zeland and when Cat said could he get an Australian release he said " I think you guys think I've more power than I have" or something to that effect.

He spoke about how Jermery was on the phone saying he had to come down, how he is loosing his accent and how he loves all the sites.

It was funny when he was talking about the sites he said it's like God you could be christian, jewish, islam all the religions but you still believe in God, then caught what he said and was like " I'm NOT saying I'm God or anything" it was classic

He then gave a few hugs and left, I could have given him a hug if I had the balls but it didn't feel right for me not my time or something I don't regret it, cause I touched his arm *swoon* he was gone!!

That whole day Rocked from B&G straight thru to The Celebrity suite that night, I feel truely blessed to have this experience and even more so to have shared it with all the Gals

Well, at least I'm not the only one who had a complete emotional short circuit.... LOL

I'm still a complete emotional mess about the convention. I am so happy that Gerry was there but I kind of regret not having asked a question or said anything when he was on stage... But I was sooo in shock when he came through that curtain... It was so weird... I mean it was like my emotions short circuited and I couldn't feel anything. At first I thought my legs would give out under me and I had to hold on to Cheryl from Australia who stood next to me and I probably was leaning on a few other gals also (I apologize for that, but I would have fallen down otherwise...LOL...). But after a minute or so I just got unreally calm and concentrated on pics... But now all those emotions are hitting home.... plus lack of sleep and food and I'm just an emotional mess right now...

I'm so glad that Swansong won the competition... (even though of course I was wishing it would have been me after I saw who brought out the award....LOL) But her song had been so beautiful.... I had tears in my eyes when she was performing it... All the singers in the competition were amazing and I was glad that I chose to dance because I'm certainly a better dancer than singer....LOL... And from my own experience I can tell you it was absolutely nervewrecking to perform in front of all these people and especially knowing that Jeremy was filming the talent show for Gerry... OMG... I am just glad I didn't fall on my face when I did my dance...LOL...

Well, better read and check out a few more things...

Ina

Gerry's back was hurt doing a stunt car crash during BOAW. He said he told the director he thought it was dangerous that they wanted him to drive the Land Rover into a wall. He was told - (paraphrasing - the video should be up soon) - that it was easy, a granny could do it without getting hurt. So he and Pierce got into the vehicle and drove it into the wall - and Gerry's neck and back were pretty badly hurt. He is spending most of his time now with chirorpractors, massage therapists and doctors.

Hey, Sporran! I don't mean to be a pain in the arse, but isn't there supposed to be a stunt coordinator on every set who makes sure the actors are safe and who can over-rule the director if a stunt is not safe? And/or to make sure if an actor does a stunt, that all safety precaustions have been taken? Or do those rules not apply when fliming is being done in Canada? I suspect the rules are the same all over, and I wonder what went wrong here. Poor Gerry. He was very game to do it when he felt uneasy about it, but sadly, he was right. :(

P.S. I don't blame you guys for having a brain freeze about what happened! I certainly would. It'll all come back in time, bit by bit.

Edited by etherealtb

I understand it completely... congratulations to all of you who managed to stay on your feet in spite of spaghetti legs! Way to go girls! Glad everyone had a wonderful time, as far as you remember. :wedgie:

OK Stalow,

I can understand your frustration totally! Have you watched the videos Susan Sporran made? Most, not all, of what Gerry said was on there. Also the one by I've forgotten who, of Tonya is here somewhere as well. As wonderful as Gerry was, and I will be a devoted fan FOREVER because of his appearance (if I had had any doubts before this that is) was how much I enjoyed meeting and began getting to know some of the other women at the convention. The generosity and caring, the intelligence and spirits of the other Gerry fans was as moving as anything THE MAN said himself! That was a great gift of this SPECTACULAR convention and meeting of the hearts and minds of Gerry lovers. Does that help any? I hope so. Take care.

Ardeth