Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Deborahau

Boost Gerry's Singing Confidence Campaign

Hello, dear GALS,

I'm sorry that this is so long, but you will all understand why when you read it.

Gerry needs US this time and I'm sure that when you read these e-mails, you will

give all the help that you can, I've already sent in my postcard, as at the moment, he does'nt have any

about his voice, if Andrew Lloyd Webber was happy with his voice, other critics were'nt.

Please help Gerry, I'm sure that he will be very touched that his fans are prepared to

be there for him when he needs it. We don't want him to give up singing and that's one

of his thoughts at the moment.

Please help, copy and paste one of the e-mail addresses given and the ladies, Heather

or Indiah will give you more information and the address to send your postcard to for

our dear Gerry. You will read about voting for one method or the other, as these e-mails

are rather old, and I was only asked yesterday to help in this Campaign, postcards were

voted as the best way, can you imagine Gerry opening up this box and all these postcards

of encouragement for his singing pouring out of the box, as he reads each one, he will be

so touched that his fans are supporting him. Please help Gerry if you care about him as much

as we do. Please read the e-mails below and you will understand more as to why we are doing

this, and the e-mail addresses for Heather or Indiah are there for them to send you their addresses

to get your postcard for Gerry to either of them.

Thank you so much, our GMan needs us, we need to be there for him!!

Hugs,

Deborah,

MareksLady

Hello All,

I'm Indiah and I have a group of my own, Gerard Butler Scottish King. Over at GBSK we are holding a campaign to boost Gerry's singing confidence. If you don't understand why he needs the boost allow me to fill you in.

Not long after POTO when Gerry was on Leno, it was mention on air about his singing in POTO. While his fans supported him, it was obvious from Gerry's facial expressions that he was not too happy with it himself - this is just speculation. I can understand him feeling like this being paired with Emmy Rossom and Patrick Wilson, wouldn't you? Nonetheless I think he has an amazing voice.

So myself and another GBSK member Heather created this wonderful campaign. There are two ways of doing it as well:

(1) You can get a $.50 postcard from your state and jott down an intimate message of support to Gerry and then send it to me, OR

(2) You can do the same as #1 but scan it into your computer and e-mail it to me or Heather. This can also be substituted by writing a message for Gerry in Wordpad, Works, or Word and saving it under your name. You would then e-mail it to me or Heather.

If you are interested in participating please e-mail me for more info at: star_gazer@peoplepc.com

Hugs,

Indiah

Hi, dear GALS friends,

This time, Gerry needs us and I'm sure that you would all love to help him:

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 03:19:04 -0000

Subject: Gerard Butler Scottish King Boost-Gerry's-Singing-Confidence Campaign/Fundraiser Event!

Hi GBSK Members!

Heather, aka phantomblueeyes, recently read that Gerry was getting discouraged about his singing performance in POTO. So she came up with the idea to collect as many signatures and words of encouragement as possible and send them to Gerry. Together her and I came up with two ways this can be done, and they are:

Each member goes out and buys a postcard from their state and jotts down some encouragement and then signs their John Hancock to it. You then send it to Heather, who will be handling all the details.... OR

Each member posts something in a message board here and signs it and then she'll print it and send it to Gerry. Or you can do the same as #1 only you would scan the image of your post-card into your computer and e-mail them to Heather. She'll print them and off they go...

I'm going to open a poll which will only stay open until the end of April. This will give each member enough time to decide which method they would prefer. If you haven't voted and your choice of method is not chosen, it's your own fault - SO VOTE!!! LOL! In return Heather will be asking for an autographed photo of Gerry, which will hopefully be posted here at GBSK!

Now if method #2 is the winning poll, funds will need to be donated to Heather so that she will not be left with the burden of the IRC's, postage to send the package, and anything else members may send to her. Be aware that your money will be donated ONLY to this Campaign and will not be miused in any way. For more information or to voice your opinions, please contact Heather at: phantomblueeyes@yahoo.com or myself at: star_gazer@peoplepc.com

Thanks you and let's show Gerry our support!

Hugs, Hope, & Prayers!

Indiah

~ As long as you do the best work that you can and not make it bland... because you're going down a lane that is trying to make everybody happy. You have to take an angle on these things.

* Gerard Butler *

Hi Deborahau,

Is this campaign still current? as the one of the emails you quoted (Indiah) was back in April.

I heard from somewhere that GB now gets so many fan mails that a professional mail company had to be employed to handle his fan mails. I'm sure GB loves mails from his fans, however, (don't want to sound too negative here) do you think massive mail campaign like this will translate well into positive thought and energy for him ?

Perhaps a more direct support, such as buying his POTO CD for one's use and as presents and gifts to others, may be a better alternative? In this way, we get to enjoy his music (as well as friends and relatives who received them from us), he gets his money (his share of CD sales), and the CD sales chart will be a direct proof to him that his singing talent is supported, admired and appreciated by the paying mass.

Just a thought ::D:

Edited by Peony

Good point about how Gerry gets so much mail these days.

But I do think that a mass mailing (arriving in one container) might be cool. I mean, really, just think...a whole box of people telling you that your voice moved them...how cool is that?

I will be getting my postcard today! And telling all of my sisters who may not know about this.

Edited by Knight Phantom

I think Peony makes a great point. Money talks in this business. The POTO soundtrack is the second best selling soundtrack of a musical alltime I believe. Thats saying something. Maybe we could get it boosted to first??!! :claphands:

The mailing in to show support is a great idea as well!! I think Gerry does have a wonderful voice. The emotion he comunicates thru it is powerful.

Kim~ :lolita:

I am not going to take the Lord's name in vain, so I'll have to keep myself in check. But this I will say: What the hell is wrong with people? Gerry was absolutely perfect as Phantom, head to toe, singing and dialogue. The rest of the world needs to get over Michael Crawford's tenor voice. I pairsonally prefer a baritone to a tenor any day.

I am not going to take the Lord's name in vain, so I'll have to keep myself in check. But this I will say: What the hell is wrong with people? Gerry was absolutely perfect as Phantom, head to toe, singing and dialogue. The rest of the world needs to get over Michael Crawford's tenor voice. I pairsonally prefer a baritone to a tenor any day.

I could not have said it better. Gerry really opened his heart to the role and as a result, broke mine - and continues to do so every day when I listen to the CD. Gerry embodied the Phantom - I'm afraid that I would never be tempted to see it on stage or with Michael Crawford because it is no longer his role - it's Gerry's, lock, stock, and barrel.

I could not have said it better. Gerry really opened his heart to the role and as a result, broke mine - and continues to do so every day when I listen to the CD. Gerry embodied the Phantom - I'm afraid that I would never be tempted to see it on stage or with Michael Crawford because it is no longer his role - it's Gerry's, lock, stock, and barrel.

Ladies, Having seen POTO three times, including Micheal Crawford on stage, I agree entirely that this is now Gerry's role. I think too it is foremost the contribution of the wonderful music/lyrics of ALW as a resource for Gerry's interpretation of the character. He nailed that character perfectly. Otherwise, why are we all are so enamoured with a crazy guy who lives in the bowels of an opera house and hangs people?!!!

The Phantom is so much more than the that! I say, "Hats off to Gerry!"

I will CERTAINLY do what I can to help! Just tell me when, where and how!

I am TOTALLY Enamored with Gerry's singing voice and would LOVE to hear more! :bonnie: His singing in POTO was RIGHT ON! :thud: I say, Gerry, Let me hear you sing! This man is so wonderful, talented and versitile! :ohbaby2: Comedy seems to be something else he does well! Hip Hip HORRAH!!! :cheer2:

Naoma

RezzRN

I will CERTAINLY do what I can to help! Just tell me when, where and how!

I am TOTALLY Enamored with Gerry's singing voice and would LOVE to hear more! :bonnie: His singing in POTO was RIGHT ON! :thud: I say, Gerry, Let me hear you sing! This man is so wonderful, talented and versitile! :ohbaby2: Comedy seems to be something else he does well! Hip Hip HORRAH!!! :cheer2:

Naoma

RezzRN

I'm a newbie here at GALS and just found this thread. I must say that while Gerry does not have what I would call a classicly trained voice by any means, for MY money, his voice carried so much passion and emotion as the Phantom that now when I listen to Crawford and others singing the part, they seem cold and technical in comparison. I wouldn't give up my movie soundtrack for ANYTHING, and I listen to it nearly every day. It stays in my car DVD player so I don't even have to drive to the grocery store without GERRY'S version of the Phantom singing to me. I'll be happy to take part in ANY campaign that helps him realize that the critics are not the be-all, end-all when it comes to whether or not he can sing. He sang his way directly into my heart, and for me he IS The Phantom. For all time.

:music:

Marcia

India,

This was a brillilant idea and I have sent my postcard already. I got a special Australian one with Koalas on it so that he would realise that people from all over the world are supporting him and love him and his singing and want him to sing again. I told the girls in Las Vegas that my dream is for him to "Camelot" and play King Arthur (yes I kkow another sword and chain mail) but he is so gorgeous with a sword in his hand. I can see him singing Camelot. Sigh

Lots of love

Cheryl

:inlove: