Gerard Butler GALS

"GerrStraction!!"

I too have a Gerry story, mine is WAY too funny! :computer:

As some of you know, I am new to GALS but got really lucky to be able to go to Vegas to the convention. I also brought along my beautiful daughter (BeWitched Samantha). To quote her “The Phantom BeWitched me but Gerry ensnared me!” We were on our way to the dinner, Friday night. :chatter: She asked me “what is it about Gerry that you and SO many women are attracted to?” Mind you, we had JUST pulled out of our hotel. Not being familiar with Vegas, I did not realize we were going the WRONG WAY! As I tried to explain to her, my feelings and other’s, by telling her how he is BEAUTIFUL, both inside and out,(and OMG! what WONDERFUL HANDS!), what a WONDEROUS voice he has, how he is kind, unassuming, a superb actor, has eyes you can get lost in, inspiration to MANY to achieve their dreams, just to name a few of his attributes, :spontaneous: :bouncydrool3: :boink: I managed to drive to BFE east Vegas. :chatter: :ohbaby2: We were so deep in conversation it didn’t dawn on either of us until we hit terrain that was totally unrecognizable. Big dirt lots on the side of a 2 lane highway! We got SO hysterical about the whole incident, I almost wet myself laughing :rotflmao: …as the tears were streaming down our faces, we turned around then had to retrace our route. We finally did make it to dinner but as I recall, we were probably the last 2 to show.

Part 2 of "GerrStraction"

God believe me, yes, there IS another “GerrStraction” incident!

After Gerry’s visit to us, I had to go back to the hotel and get my raffle tickets :bonk: ….. had gotten "GerrStracted" and left them in the room. I was on my way down the escalator and was joined by another FaNmily member, please forgive, I don’t know your name, who was on her way upstairs to get her raffle tickets. We were "GerrStractedly" :pant2: :heat::drool1: gushing over the fact that Gerry had REALLY shown up and we walked almost out the huge double glass doors when she realized, she had completely missed turning in the right direction to go to her room. I tried, by pointing back the way we had come, to help her get her bearings. It gave me MUCH pleasure to know, I am not the ONLY one who has "GerrStraction" syndrome!

Love to you ALL :hearts:

Naoma

RezzRN

Hi Naoma!! I'm so glad you posted this! Too too funny! :funnyabove:

And your beautiful lucky daughter...getting to see the G-Man on her birthday!!

You both looked gorgeous, not only on Saturday night, but Friday night, too. Naoma, your aqua dress was beautiful! I got a few pics of you on the dance floor. I have to get them uploaded to my photo bucket account. When I do, I'll post a thread.

Yes, Val and I have had some GerrStraction moments ourselves, but driving out to the desert hasn't been one of them! :bonk:

I would swear that at the airport I saw two ladies with Gerry T-shirts on! They were walking toward Val and me and I spontaneously shouted out, "Yeah! Gerry!" and waved my Dear Frankie poster at them. They looked at me crazily and walked on past. Val was like WTF (about my outburst) and so since I was a bit ahead of her, I explained about the shirts. Valerie wisely pointed out that they didn't look familiar AT ALL and that if they had been at the Con and we hadn't even met them, we would have at least recognized them from the events. Valerie...my wise merge friend.

I must have been having a Gerry Vegas mirage!! Perhaps they were Rick Springfield T-Shirts. We had just seen him in concert the night before. Rick is still looking SO FINE after all these years. He had a cute potty mouth like our Gerry. :wub: heh heh

So there's one of MY GerrStraction moments!!

By the way, I'll bet Samantha "gets it" now...since Gerry appeared live and in the flesh! Ensnared...good way to put it! :tasty: :pant:

:hugs:

Katie ~ Songbird

Thank you for sharing your "GerrStraction" moment ::D:

Yes, Samantha DOES get it! She is as enraptured as the rest of us now! Gotta get that girl a DSL connection so she can REALLY become one of US!! GALS!!

It would be GREAT of you to share your pictures as, very sadly, I lost my camera on the way home and have NONE of the pictures that we took :-(

Naoma

RezzRN

What a great, great story! :claphands: I can see my daughter and I doing the same thing. What a wonderful memory this will make for the two of you. I'll bet she learned a lot about her Mom she wasn't aware of. TOOOOO FUNNY! My daughter thinks I've completely lost my mind, but she'll snap to eventually.

Hi Naoma,

I am so glad you had your "GerrSrtaction" and you and Samantha were late. If you hadn't I would never had met the both of you wonderful GALS :Yippie: You were both so awesome! I was nervous , being a new GAL and all ; but you girls ,Cat and Nancy made me feel like I was an old freind!!! Thank You for that! :inlove: I hope one day I can have the same experience with my daughter Malia! Bless you and Bless Gerry for giving me such wonderful new friends!

:hugs:

Julie :bow2: