Gerard Butler GALS

I told my hubby this was the most exciting thing I had ever done

with the exception of marrying him. LOL We have to keep our men happy, right?

If I ever doubted Gerry before, I don't now. From seeing him in action, and some

other tidbits I had the privilege of learning last weekend, I better not hear anybody

bad mouth this man. He is a lovely person and I am so proud to have met him.

He is more gorgeous in person and also looks a little younger than his pics, in my

opinion. You can see right thru his blue/green eyes and when he looks at you, it's

like a hole is burning right thru you. I've not had that kind of eye contact affect me

since I once briefly made eye contact with Elvis many eons ago. Gerry definitely has

charisma and is extremely charming. And I believe he is genuine.

It was so much fun meeting you all. It seems I was usually on the other side of the

room from a lot of you GALS. I sat at one of the USA tables. This was truly an amazing

weekend.

Pat :wave:

Edited by romanticbabyboomer
  • 2 weeks later...

After reading Swans last post on her final thoughts on the convention

I have decided to share something with you all.

I am a person of faith but have never really been one to try and put

a reason behind everything that happens. I believe some things are

just circumstantial. But our Vegas weekend sure had a lot of

coincidences that seem they might be more to me anyway.

I have never had such a great time where everything just seemed

to fall into place. From the meeting at the airport Thurs till I left,

everything just clicked. Right away, we were a gang of 7 that

stuck together to whole time and hit it off so well.

My roomie, Rose, who I had never met before, we got along so well.

The weather wasn't too hot. And it just so happened that a guy

was at this convention filming a documentary on Gerry. And it

just so happened that Gerry was in town for another event.

And then Gerry shows up Sat. nite. And then something takes over

my body and flies me thru the crowd right to his side where I get a hug.LOL

I'm starting to believe God wanted this to happen to me for some reason.

But the best "coincidence" happens on Sunday afternoon.

I and another GAL are taking one of our friends to the airport.

WE take a wrong turn and get lost and go about 10 miles out of our

way before we find it. If not for this delay what happens next would never have

been.

I have decided not to give any details other than to say that my friend and

I "bumped" into GERRY at the airport.

We want to keep our little conversation private just cause it was so special

to us. Not that he revealed any secrets, he did not. It's just so precious to

us and the translation of it just wouldn't be the same.

So, I keep thinking this was a dream weekend and want to thank God for letting

it happen to me. For many reasons, which my friends know, I needed it so

much. :wow2:

How wonderful to have an informal, unrushed chat with Gerry.

I don't want to pry, but I will ask if any of your conversation involved his decision-making processes for choosing movies?

I'm very intrigued about the type of films he does, and would enjoy hearing about how he and his team make such decisions.

BTW, this is the second time we've heard about people meeting Gerry at the airport.

Isn't it cool that he doesn't do the "VIP" thing?

Edited by tilzey

Pat, I know what you mean about the eye contact... but I found it also made me bold enough to joke with him.

He is much better looking in person than I could ever have imaged possible. Photo's don't do him justice.

And anyone who suggests the man bats for the other side didn't feel the male energy coming from him. Phew!!! Once and it lasts and lasts in the memory.

And on top of all that he can act better than most of the pretty boys in films today. Ranks right up there.

Nice to catch up with you too.

Cat

Pat, I know what you mean about the eye contact... but I found it also made me bold enough to joke with him.

He is much better looking in person than I could ever have imaged possible. Photo's don't do him justice.

And anyone who suggests the man bats for the other side didn't feel the male energy coming from him. Phew!!! Once and it lasts and lasts in the memory.

And on top of all that he can act better than most of the pretty boys in films today. Ranks right up there.

Cat

Cat

Cat,

everything you said is soooo true.

And the eyes, well, we were lucky enough to see him in

natural light, and his eyes are so beautiful. You can see

right thru them. Spellbinding.LOL

Pat

Did he seem to be bothered by his back?That was a pretty serious back and neck injury that he sustained in that stupid stunt!!! :stars:

BTW, this is the second time we've heard about people meeting Gerry at the airport.

Isn't it cool that he doesn't do the "VIP" thing?

[/size][/color]

Hopefully he will be able to keep that "anonymity" and only those who really know who he is will recognize him and respect who and what he truly is!!

Annemarie--- ::D:

Annemarie, If my friend had not been with me I would never

have spotted him. He was very inconspicuous. :kisswink:

Uh, sure....

And the sky is pink,

the grass is blue,

pigs can fly.

How can a tall, graceful, handsome man who radiates life's energy be inconspicuous?? :laugh4:

Uh, sure....

And the sky is pink,

the grass is blue,

pigs can fly.

How can a tall, graceful, handsome man who radiates life's energy be inconspicuous?? :laugh4:

Uh, sure....

And the sky is pink,

the grass is blue,

pigs can fly.

Well, actually you are correct there. My friend is the one who noticed this "hot" guy

standing over there but didn't know who it was at first. There was just no "aura"

about him that made him look like a celebrity. Does that make sense?

It makes perfect sense.He didn`t have the attitude or the entourage.He is one special person :heat: :inlove:

Uh, sure....

And the sky is pink,

the grass is blue,

pigs can fly.

Well, actually you are correct there. My friend is the one who noticed this "hot" guy

standing over there but didn't know who it was at first. There was just no "aura"

about him that made him look like a celebrity. Does that make sense?

It makes perfect sense.He didn`t have the attitude or the entourage.He is one special person :heat: :inlove:

...and what is also amazing is that we are all so happy for you, that you got to have this precious time with him!!! He inspires me! What else is there to say! ? I'm delighted at your good fortune and ours!! Thanks for sharing your story.

Ardeth

Pat,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Gals here. I just love to hear stories like yours. I've met a celebrity at the airport once too and it is funny how you do a double take~is this someone I know? It was late at night and I was working in the airport at the time handing out in flight surveys as a part time job while I was in college, no one else was around and this particular man seemed amused that I didn't really recognize him at first. They are after all people just like us.

Gerry is the best! :whome2:

BonnieSkye

Girls,

It behooves me to make something clear here.

Gerry was not traveling alone. His friends were near by

we just didn't see them. He just happened to be standing

alone when we ran into him.

Don't think the folks who work for and with him would

want ya'll to think he was there by himself. Sorry

if I left the wrong impression.

Pat,

I can't tell you how happy I am for you! (And just a wee bit jealous!) He is definitely one of a kind!

Isabeau

Wow, great story, Pat. I bet you wished you could have videotaped those 25 minutes.

It's great to know that Gerry is just an inconspicuous, regular guy - and a friendly one, too. How many celebrities would talk to a fan for that long?

• 2 weeks later...

If I ever doubted Gerry before, I don't now. From seeing him in action, and some

other tidbits I had the privilege of learning last weekend, I better not hear anybody

bad mouth this man. He is a lovely person and I am so proud to have met him.

I am SOOOOO with you there, Pat! I'm really quite protective of my own: friends, family, etc. Gerry's the first actor I've ever been this protective of (in the way that no one will bag on him while I'M around!) and it's grown 10 times worse since Vegas. :smile:

Oh drat. It seems I missed some of the details of this wonderful encounter. Still playing catch up on all the Vegas stories. Oh well. :confused:

How nice that a little twist of fate gave you the opportunity to meet Gerry under such circumstances. I think that was one of the things that struck me when we heard him in Vegas - he seems like such a "nice" guy. I know that label can turn some people off but he was so genuine and sweet when he was talking to us. It really touched me when he expressed how nervous he was about being there and that it's hard to have to feel like you have to talk about yourself. It was all just so darling and breathtaking all at the same time.

Thank you, Pat, for sharing this with us. It's so nice to hear of these chance encounters and that Gerry really is as special as we all like to believe. :rose: