Gerard Butler GALS

Burn's shelved.

Sarah

Heard a wee little rumour re Burns.

It goes some thing like:

The financing for Burns provided by the Scottish Film Industry expired, as the director, Jean Vadim, had to move on to another project.

Apparently, the financing has to be re-applied for. It is expected to be available again next year.

I would be optimistic that with the name exposure (and possible OTHER exposure) Gerry will get with 300 that may propel other investors to come to the plate for Burns next year. I've been wondering how long all the talent invovled in the project could just be "on hold" before they'd have to start work on something else. Gerry starts filming 300 in October, so by the time he is finished, the director finishes his other project and they can pull it back together I hope Burns still gets made.

:hissy: I would have loved to see him in Burns, more than in an action movie like 300. Burns would have probably been one of those films I would have liked even without Gerry in it.

I'm not so sure about 300.

I just hope that it will still be done.

In the meantime I just take what I get, Gerry as spartanic clothed King, not bad. :drool1:

• 3 months later...
The second link listed, for 3rd Degree Burns - was started by Andrew Weir, our wonderful waiter at St. Andrew's Pub in NY! I love seeing that there because he was such a sexy sweety!!

Considering it appears the website was last updated in 2002 I'm not sure how much they really care about our votes (but I voted anyways, of course for Gerry, who has 77% of the over 120,000 votes cast). But of course, who else, really, who else could possibly be Rabbie Burns, the lover, the poet, the scoundrel????

I just e-mailed The Mob Film Company regarding their web site on Burns.

I asked them if they had any new news they could tell us.

I told them the last we knew was that Burns was stopped because of funding.

I'll post what their response was...if any...when I get it.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be optimistic that with the name exposure (and possible OTHER exposure) Gerry will get with 300 that may propel other investors to come to the plate for Burns next year. I've been wondering how long all the talent invovled in the project could just be "on hold" before they'd have to start work on something else. Gerry starts filming 300 in October, so by the time he is finished, the director finishes his other project and they can pull it back together I hope Burns still gets made.

Susan! You are so right!

This is from the GALS News and Updates page dated January 3, 2006.

One's to watch in 2006

What's coming up: Starring in some heavy-duty movies in 2006, including The Last King of Scotland (about Ugandan dictator Idi Amin) and Burns (about the poet Robert) with Gerard Butler.

:Yippie: :Yippie: :Yippie:

Edited by zanyzombie

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this belongs here, but I lifted this from the gbch site (I tried to find it myself, but I couldn't, so I copied it -- sue me)

Posted ImageThanks to Starr:

THE best-laid movie plans have been known to gang aft agley and, in the case of a £20 million film to portray the life of Scotland's bard Robert Burns, they've have done so again.

The Daily Express

Doc Showbiz

May 20, 2006

One of its collaborators, Eric Rowan – ex-conman turned film producer who wrote the soundtrack – has gone into hiding, living in a caravan somewhere in England; its star, Gerard Butler, has got two movies lined up for the rest of the year; director, Vadim Jean, has gone off to Romania to shoot the Terry Pratchett Discworld book Hogwatch, starring David Jason; and there still remains a threat of a writ being served the day the movie starts shooting by angry former producers attached to the project when it was being developed under the original title of Clarinda.

"The movie won't be happening this year, if at all, " said a source. "It's a shame because they got the best script that they could get." That came from Greenock-born Rob Roy scriptwriter Alan Sharp. Now based in New Zealand, he at least has been paid in full for a complete rewrite and some final polishing.

A few months ago actor Robert Cavanagh, cast as the poet's brother Gilbert, said he expected filming to begin before the end of the year.

"Oh no, it's not, " said director Vadim Jean, when I contacted him in Romania. "It's not dead but resting.

I'm in Discworld shooting at the moment, with six months of post production ahead and Gerry's got two movies lined up for rest of this year, so we're planning to go next year when we're both available again." Of all the colourful characters involved in Burns, convicted fraudster Rowan, 53 – once a Marbella-based high-roller and a director in the film company Alloway productions – is perhaps the most intriguing. "He's living in a caravan and doesn't want to be found, " said the reliable source. "He has his own motives for keeping a low profile."

THEY HAVE GOT TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THIS MOVIE -- WITH GERRY.

Wow! Thanks for this article, Spot!

It's shelved again.

Friggin fracking director gypsy.

THEY HAVE GOT TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THIS MOVIE -- WITH GERRY.

I still think this would work.

Posted Image

That's a good one Zany...Gerry seeling hugs and snogs!! :licky:

I saw the same article, and was so disappointed.

How 'bout a different director? Like whoever did the recent Pride and Prejudice???

To me, Gerry as Robert Burns would be his ultimate role and I would so love to see it!!

:tantrum: Oh shoot!! I mailed out my Gerry letter just yesterday and now I wish I could have put something in it about him playing Robbie Burns. :kiss:

That's a good one Zany...Gerry seeling hugs and snogs!! :licky:

I saw the same article, and was so disappointed.

How 'bout a different director? Like whoever did the recent Pride and Prejudice???

To me, Gerry as Robert Burns would be his ultimate role and I would so love to see it!!

:tantrum: Oh shoot!! I mailed out my Gerry letter just yesterday and now I wish I could have put something in it about him playing Robbie Burns. :kiss:

Wha ah shame....

wi wha sae leukin forrit tae tha makin O this movie...

an aw...

But perhasps...roond Burns Nicht..tha can..mabbe..stairt..filmin..O alieast hiv an annousement date...

tha wad be nice...

Gabriel..Posted Image