Gerard Butler GALS

The Speculation Must End...

GALS ~

Due to the rampant speculation on several boards about whether Gerry brought a date or not to the convention, we respectfully ask that this type of discussion not be posted on our forum.

Gerry gave all of us a wonderful gift by speaking to us at the 1st Annual GB Fan Convention and he brought friends. We choose not to speculate any further on this topic as we feel this falls into the “Personal” category.

When Gerry attends public events and has pictures taken with people, we feel this is different and SOME talk is allowed, as long as it is respectful and doesn’t ridicule or in any way cut down that person or Gerry.

We, the Mods and Admins of GALS, pride ourselves in allowing a great deal of free speech on our forum, however, this is not a subject that falls into that category.

:hugs:

Dr. Em

:goodjob2:

I am 100% behind your decision Dr Em and mods!

Cheers!

Swan

A big AMEN to those thoughts...Gerry deserves whatever privacy he can maintain, which as we all know, isn't easy for ANY celebrity!

:goodjob2: RIGHT ON DR. EM!!! :bow2:

My respect and Mama Bear feelings :whip: for Gerry have grown to ridiculous levels since he graced us with his presence in VEGAS!

We are your team Gerry, and we've got your (gorgeous) BACK!!

I've got your back too, Dr. Em and Mods! with the assistance of these fine fellows here :reddeathsword: :reddeath::attila::terry: :terrymuscles: :draculaicon: :beowulf: :attilasword:

:drink:

Katie

Songbird

I totally agree, Dr. Em. :read: There should be no gossip of that sort tolerated here, or on any other board, for that matter.

I had no idea there was a rumor mill going...

(sorry I'm never let out of my manip cave often... :gettowork: )

WAY TO GO, Dr. Em, on nippin' it in the bud, so to speak. I'm behind that 100%!

:hugs:

-Gwen

An excellent decision. I support this attitude totally. I hope he always finds his fan encounters a source of fun and encouragement and not something to be avoided due to irresponsible speculation.

Jane

Right there with ya's!! :yippee: The man deserves all the respect and love we can give him....and really this is such a simple thing. Not everything he does or says or thinks should be public fodder. Some moments are his and just his!

Hugs Toni

Thank you, Dr. Em.

I am very frustrated when people 'corner' me and start speculating.

Respect and thoughtfulness are what Gerry deserves from true fans!

Posted Image

I saw this over on French Word-A-Day:

By getting caught up in the details and looking for what cannot be found, we end up missing what is essential. --Jean Dion

Seems to fit here. :smile:

Oh My! I didn't realize there was anyone else in the room. Gerry filled it up nicely. I agree wholeheartedly with Dr Em and the Mods. Gerry deserves respect and privacy. He was very kind and generous to have made an appearance let's not repay him with silly gossip.

I saw this over on French Word-A-Day:

By getting caught up in the details and looking for what cannot be found, we end up missing what is essential. --Jean Dion

Seems to fit here. :smile:

Wow, Nade! That quote hits the nail right smack on the ol' head, doesn't it? And as we all know, Gerry certainly is essential...I mean, just imagine the world without the G MAN!! :wub:

Right on, Dr. Em!

One would think, even WE would want to keep some things from being made public. Let's treasure Gerry's visit with us and respect his privacy! We wouldn't, in any way, want to jepordize any further visits! Let other's talk, if they must but let OUR TEAM be a team that doesn't spread gossip!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Like Aretha Franklin sang it, the least Gerry deserves is our utmost respect for his private life. We shouldn't be prodding :finger: or poking into what's none of our business. I know curiousity sometimes gets the best of us sometimes. . .but just do this :lalala: . Nade, that quote was just right! Thank you Dr. Em and mods for this. :clap::clap:

Diana :kiss:

Great decision! The man was kind enough to visit, the least he deserves is his privacy...that's just common courtesy.

I would like to add, that I think as Gerry's fans, we must always consider what is best for him. Sure we all wonder about his private life, and hope that he is happy.... but to discuss him like that.... seems shallow to me, when we claim to really care about him.

I am so proud of what he has done with himself... and all I want to do, is to support and encourage him in any way I can.

Swan