Gerard Butler GALS

The Speculation Must End...

Man, a person misses being on the board 3 days and a whole hub-bub happens! THANKS, DR. EM! Agreed! (SWANNIE -- LOVE YOUR NEW AVI!!!) Can't wait to see you in chat!

• 2 weeks later...

I must agree. Gerry's private life is none of our business. He will tell us in his own time, what he wants us to know.

Kudos to Dr. Em and her staff for stopping this now.

GALS ~

Due to the rampant speculation on several boards about whether Gerry brought a date or not to the convention, we respectfully ask that this type of discussion not be posted on our forum.

Gerry gave all of us a wonderful gift by speaking to us at the 1st Annual GB Fan Convention and he brought friends. We choose not to speculate any further on this topic as we feel this falls into the “Personal” category.

When Gerry attends public events and has pictures taken with people, we feel this is different and SOME talk is allowed, as long as it is respectful and doesn’t ridicule or in any way cut down that person or Gerry.

We, the Mods and Admins of GALS, pride ourselves in allowing a great deal of free speech on our forum, however, this is not a subject that falls into that category.

:hugs:

Dr. Em

Like Dyanicess I had no idea there even were such speculations or discussions elsewhere! Sometimes living a limited media life is a good thing! I totally agree with you Dr. Em and GALS that Gerry's private life is his alone. However . . . who was even looking ANYWHERE but at THE MAN himself that night anyway? I mean . . . REALLY! ? I also agree with songbird, sbchild4 & becozy and with whomever else said that after seeing him in person at the Convention, with all the courage that must have taken him to face us all when that sweet baby was so nervous, I would just do anything to support that precious, precious man! :inlove:

I shall leave the pulpit now!

Ardeth

P.S.Oh my God Barb the wink is too, too cute!! Thank you sweet, clever friend!!! :claphands:

Edited by Ardeth Brodie

I am among those whose eyes and attention were riveted 100% to The Man while he was there so he could have had the entire Swedish Bikini Team and the USC Marching Band with him and I never would have noticed!

As far as delving into his private life, it brings to mind that scene in Dear Frankie when Frankie and Catriona are caught going through Lizzie's things and she yells at him that she is entitled to some privacy. So is Gerry. As far as I'm concerned trying to find out who he dates or spends time with is kind of like that - I don't want to be someone who would pry into things he would prefer to keep private, so I won't speculate, on-line or even in person. Besides, I long ago faced the fact that I will never be part of his personal life so knowing what is going on in it is unnecessary for me (though, like Swan, of course I wish him happiness both personally and professionally).

I would request that "chatters" refrain from "speculating" in Chat, also. With all the new members and visitors dropping in on chat, I am horrified to think that a visitor would leave our chat thinking that the last few nights are indicative of the true nature of our chats. And it's getting tiresome trying to "reel in the room" every time someone goes off on the "I wonder if he's dating/living with/doing" tangent ...

Edited by heISmyGspot

I think Gerry deserves his privacy; however, I don't believe that anyone who got involved in chat or posted a thread about whether or not he had a date should be bashed for it. I have a friend who just broke up with her significant other and I'm really anxious to know what happened. Is is my business? No. Am I interested? You bet.

Gerry does get lots of credit for being a celebrity who makes himself available to his fans... that's wonderful of him and he deserves lots of praise for that, but he's human and we're human and we're curious. I think wondering aloud about his personal life is not an unforgivable sin. Maybe it shouldn't be posted on the board, but just speculating is what many of the magazines are about (right or wrong) and they sell like hotcakes. I don't think the people who "speculated" should be portrayed as uncaring, inconsiderate, disrespectful fans and they probably have their tails tucked between their legs right now, feeling embarassed and outcast. That's ridiculous. I'm sure anyone involved in any such speculation are true Gerry fans, want what's best for him, and are simply curious and intend no harm.

The holier than thou attitudes adopted sometimes is uncaring and disrespectful to true Gerry fans who don't deserve to be humiliated and considered "less than".

One person's humble opinion and thank you. You can start throwing things now. :fook:

Hey, gals!

Thank you for your post, Stalow.

We are just reminding our gals and pals, that while some may be interested in Gerry's love life,

we will not entertain speculation about it on the Board or in Board Chat. It is part of our foundation of Respect.

We also ask respect for each member ~

we asked for speculation to end here at GALS.

No one was 'bashing' anyone from what I have read, just relaying their discomfort at having

speculation discussed on the GALS Board Chat. Please don't take any of the comments as a personal

attack, as they are definitely not meant as such! :hug99:

Whomever wants to speculate is asked to please keep it to their personal correspondence or emails! :;):

Thank you all for your understanding.

Hugs,

Barb

Absolutely, we all get curious at times.

I think it's more an issue of respect.

When people start discussing the people Gerry spends his time with,

at times there can be those who "disrespect" these people, because they believe they are not "good enough" for Gerry.

Sure we all want the best for him, but who he chooses to spend his time with - is his business.

Now I am not saying that anyone here would show disrespect to one of Gerry's friends - but it has happened elsewhere.

So to avoid anything like that from happening here, we would rather not discuss the matters on the open forum.

No one is being bashed here. We know that everyone on this site respects Gerry. We know that we are all human, and we are all curious.

But we want this site to be different than some others, and so to PREVENT disrespectful comments about Gerry's friends that can come out of speculation, we ask that it not go on in the open forum.

:hugs:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

I think Gerry deserves his privacy; however, I don't believe that anyone who got involved in chat or posted a thread about whether or not he had a date should be bashed for it.

Aye, dinna worry, Stalow, I only pull out my bashing bat when someone speaks ill of our Gerry...

*SMASH*

Luckily, this is not the place I've ever had to use it! ::D:

Like Barb and Bethy were saying, it's a matter of posting it on the board, and it can SO become disrespectful so quickly. Private speculation with one another is one thing, hey, go ahead and gossip, we all do it well! Not...that...I...ever...gossip....I'm a perfect angel! :bonk::stars: Yeeeeeah, okay, maybe not so much.

I agree, Stalow, that no one should be bashed for openly asking...I don't believe anyone here has been. I could be wrong, I really hope I'm not. But there is a big difference between a post like this one, where a policy has been decided and the board is notified as a whole, than pointing fingers and naming names, which again, I haven't seen happen. SO.....

That's enough for the academics for today, time to go and get your hands dirty! :cunning:

(oh, and *ahem* i wouldn't suggest going on other fan boards and bash people for bashing gerry if that be the case...don't wanna start world war iii here.... :scared: )

Awwww!

Dang it! Does that mean I can't start rumors that he's actually dating me? Or Cousin It from the Adams family? (He likes to alternate weekends...no comparisons between the two of us...)

Poop.... :doh::bonk: :cry:

Ok then.

Nah...through my saracasm, I know what you're saying. We like privacy, he likes privacy. And we all deserve to get some.

(.....privacy, I meant.....LMAO!)

Respect is the name of the game. Gotcha!

Jen :kisswink:

The "stuff" I'm talking about -- which has been occurring in chat since Vegas -- is blatant twisting of words, with the false appearance of being "fact." It is this type of behavior which I call into question -- not the simple, fun "speculation" and girly-talk. My concern is that someone unfamiliar with our chats would read some of the stuff being typed and would leave our chat assuming they just got the latest "scoop" and would repeat it somewhere else. It is a horrifying thought for me to enteratain ... that one may go off repeating that they "just learned in Gals chat that [insert false assumption here]." (The things to which I'm referring are not statements being made in jest and/or with sarcastic inflections. They are statements being thrown out as "fact.")

I'm proud of our site. I'm protective of our site. All of us Gals strive to prove, by way of this site, that we can be FUN, baudy AND respectful. If you haven't been to chat, there's no way for you to understand, and this doesn't apply. If you HAVE been to chat RECENTLY, I'm simply asking that, if you're gonna make outlandish statements that can be misconstrued at first glance, please indicate your tongue in cheek with a ";-)" "LOL" "J/K" or SOMETHING to indicate to someone just entering the chat room that you are being "creative." (Yes, one would like to "assume" that anyone entering chat would have the common sense to read along before jumping to conclusions. However, I've had a couple of PMs from people asking me if I've seen some of the comments on other boards regarding post-Vegas Gals "chats.")

My request is simple. If you don't like me as a result -- so be it. I'm simply asking that if you're going to "play rough" in chat, to please indicate same.

EDIT: I'd just like to add that I'm by NO stretch of the imagination a "prude." I think the people that "know" me on this site will agree that I'm sort of a cut-up and don't take myself seriously. If anything, I'M usually the one they have to reel in. My point is that if I, the NOT-HOLIER-THAN-THOU type, am "disturbed" by the recent behavior in chat, then it's gone a tad too far.

Edited by heISmyGspot

EDIT: I'd just like to add that I'm by NO stretch of the imagination a "prude."

I can certainly atest to that. After your erm... *ahem* "Mary Kay" table in Vegas? :lol:

EDIT: I'd just like to add that I'm by NO stretch of the imagination a "prude."

I can certainly atest to that. After your erm... *ahem* "Mary Kay" table in Vegas? :lol:

Seconded

Just ask the luggage handlers and Trian they'll tell ya!!!!

And we all deserve to get some.

YEAH BABY! I second THAT emotion!

(.....privacy, I meant.....LMAO!)

Oops. Sorry, I thought you meant....I thought we were talking about..............nevermind. :doh:

There's a little snoop inside of me who wants to know who Gerry's dating, "who's bangin' who" in his own words! But I try hard to stifle that little snoop! Gerry's a human being who deserves some privacy. He does a good job of keeping his private life quiet and I think we should respect that, no matter HOW much we may want to pry into the details of his life.

• 4 weeks later...

:erikrose: I've just read this entire thread and agree whole heartedly. Gerry already knows about the world of Hollywood and their "rags" that jump on anything they can get just to make a sale. This man is very intelligent and will have to deal with the Paparatzzi in due time. These sites should be dedicated to his characters and movies and to share his photos and his kind words for US (although I have yet to meet him in person). The Scorpio is a proud but private soul and with his "giving nature" to all his adoring fans ; should recieve from these fans the security of his good will towards them. He knows we all love him and yes at times in jest tease about his sexiness but only in "jest". His acting life is one thing and his private life is TOTALLY another. Praise him; tease him; but give him the space to grow. He is there for us to enjoy ; not to put under a microscope. Lets face it would we like people prodding into our private affairs? I sure as hell wouldn't! :laugh4: Okay thats all and hey where are the sexy photos? :rotflmao:

Hi, GSpot!

I met you fin Vegas, and Darlin', no one would think of you as prude. I'd just loved to be the TSA who checked your bag. I'll bet you had a ball telling them just what all that...em...er...stockwas for! I just wish I had your sense of humor.

Good to be able to put name and face together.

Love you, GALS!

Never being involved in "Chats" Speculation or whatever....I just need to say this...If I haven't the right you can delete me..

I Just don't understand what there is to Speculate about...The Man Is Young... Single..., Flirtatious ,Generous and very Scottish/Irish..THEY hang out with their "Mates" .."the Guys"....It's VERY Europeon...He's having FUN!

:hug: For you all

Edited by Micky

Never being involved in "Chats" Speculation or whatever....I just need to say this...If I haven't the right you can delete me..

I Just don't understand what there is to Speculate about...The Man Is Young... Single..., Flirtatious ,Generous and very Scottish/Irish..THEY hang out with their "Mates" .."the Guys"....It's VERY Europeon...He's having FUN!

:hug: For you all

:hugsandsnogs: While I agree that in Europe the trends differ greatly (topless & nude beaches) it was also where Lady Di was chased by Paparazi to her death. I saw an incident with these types chasing Gerry and a friend and it wasn't nice to see. They struggled to pull out in traffic (dangerously) while these vultures continued to poke and prod. :flee: I felt disturbed by seeing this and I wasn't the ones being harassed! I fear that this is only the begining for him as he gets more and more popular and hope that he learns to handle it well and not end up like Lady Di. What is the old saying "curiousity killed the cat!" ? He is the true Rowdy man ala Gordon Pinsent (for those Canadians who know who I mean); in that he loves fun and many people to share in his quests for it. That alone shouldn't give others the right to try and muscle into their fun and escapades; or they could find themselves on the receiving end of a Glasgow kiss! :behave: "remember the name!" :whip: :doh: :reddeathsword: :whome2::rotflmao::rotflmao:

... Just ...let em ...TRY..FIRST... they'd have to get through the NYC International sign for..."Mind Your Own Business".. :boink:

Edited by Micky