Gerard Butler GALS

Swan, I was finally able to read your whole story......I felt like I was right there with you. I'm so sorry you were sick. Seeing Gerry up close and personal probably helped it to not get worse!

Dr Em, "little representation" :rotflmao: I hope you've had better luck in that department!!!!! ::D:

We have some beautiful, talented GALS!!!!!!! :wow2:

And BTW, I don't think anyone has ever called me sultry - I take this as a compliment. I have always considered myself very plain (not unattractive) but just plain. But since Vegas, I realized that to be with a group of people that just accept me the way I am, made me forget my insecurities, my shyness and all the flaws that I feel I have.

And most important - I just could be me.

Now I'm crying again :bonk:

Trust me my dear, you are a very sultry lady and that IS most certainly a compliment! Sultry in my view, is a mixture of sexy, earthy and natural. That's what you are! You are not plain. Your look is very dramatic and striking, and slightly off beat! I love it!!!

Yes... Vegas was definitely a confidence builder! Somehow... maybe by some kind of GALS magic... none of saw each other's flaws. Instead we saw only the unique beauty of each woman.

Swan

So true, Risa...you are most definitely NOT PLAIN, and if by chance you WERE, then PLAIN is obviously a very good thing to be, so either way you're a winner!!

Just a thought: maybe not that we didn't SEE each other's flaws, but that our flaws just DID NOT MATTER, because we all have them--some real, some merely perceived. These are what make us feel insecure and sometimes shy, but our combined Gerry-love acted as a soft, flattering light, casting a rosy glow over everybody, so that yes, the unique beauty of each of us was able to shine through, regardless of how we look at ourselves. This gathering gave us a chance to see ourselves through the eyes of others who love us just for who we are, and there is nothing more confidence-building than experiencing unconditional love!

Edited by phanphorlife

Just a thought: maybe not that we didn't SEE each other's flaws, but that our flaws just DID NOT MATTER, because we all have them--some real, some merely perceived. These are what make us feel insecure and sometimes shy, but our combined Gerry-love acted as a soft, flattering light, casting a rosy glow over everybody, so that yes, the unique beauty of each of us was able to shine through, regardless of how we look at ourselves. This gathering gave us a chance to see ourselves through the eyes of others who love us just for who we are, and there is nothing more confidence-building than experiencing unconditional love!

Wow. I love it, phanphorlife! Such a beautiful way to look at it. I think you are right on target. I love looking at like that. I'm going to copy your post so that I can always remember such wise words.

Swan, Good idea on the water. Bottled water, and lots of it is the way to go. I swear I was drinking so much water when I got home I thought I was going to float away! But it still took a few days for my body to feel normal again. I'm thinking that may have played a part in my complete fatigue but at the same time my struggle with terrible insomnia. Feeling fairly normal again - current time of day notwithstanding! :lol:

:hugs: to you Risa. Meeting you and getting the chance to talk is definitely one of the best things about Vegas for me. I'm so glad you decided to make such a trip. :kisswink:

Cat and me were always hunting for water. Whenever we went outside, we carried a small bottle of water with us. We had always bottled water in the room. I remember when we walked along Grand Canyon, it was during noon and at some point Cat turned to me and said: "you have to drink water girl, your lips are white". I didn't feel dehydrated yet but probably would have very soon. Needless to say that I trusted an Aussie Gal, used to the heat ::D:

Dito Jill, meeting you, talking to you and making the trip was so worth it.

Wow. I love it, phanphorlife! Such a beautiful way to look at it. I think you are right on target. I love looking at like that. I'm going to copy your post so that I can always remember such wise words.

Yes definitely something to remember. Thank you phanphorlife!

A very dear friend of mine spent about 4 hours with me today, wanting to know everything about the trip, and looking at the pics. She really understands me and what I feel.

While we were looking at some pics she said: "In every pic I see of you, you look so at ease, so relaxed. Smiling, cheerful, happy".

You know ladies... many times since my return, when I feel that old insecurity and the tapes that constantly repeat; "I'm not good enough" seeping into my brain... I remember how so many women embraced me just for who I am.... and I look in the mirror and try to see myself though their eyes, instead of my own... because mine never tell the truth.

Swan

Swan-- Thank you for retelling your whole story-- I enjoyed it very much and really wish I could have been there too-- When I joined this site I didnt know what I was getting into ---you never know with online things- your story just goes to show that this site and all the people in it care about each other and have something wonderful in common- It didnt matter that you didnt meet some of these women til Vegas- but the fact that they all cared to get you the help you needed is absolutely great-- It truly amazes me that this ONE MAN can do this- as no other has been able to do before-- your songs are beautiful as are you-- keep up the great work and hope to meet you someday--

Annemarie

Hi Annemarie,

I am glad you bumped into GALS.... and yes your observations are correct, this site is very special... and it seems to me, that Gerry draws special people together.

It is amazing how this one man can positively impact so many lives. It just goes to show that the kind and decent gestures of one... can multiply into many.

I hope you will make yourself at home here on GALS, I hope to meet you too!

Vegas next year, perhaps?

Swan

Edited by Swansong

I am sure most of the GALS present would agree though, the highlight of the evening was our own Songbird; Katie's competitive performance on stage of a .... well..... a first class :gerrygasm: :baby:

She won the lifetime admiration and near worship of every GAL present that night, by incorporating the G-man's name in her impromptu demonstration!!! :bow2:

Seriously though, these guys danced into the audience and chose unsuspecting ladies to participate in their... uh... games, and Katie was a great sport when she was chosen as one of three women to reinact the famous "When Harry Met Sally" sandwich scene. She did us all proud! :goodjob2: (and besides, the other two girls sucked!)

Swan

Aw, garsh! :wub: Thank you Swan! Yes...true to form for me I suppose...when the gaunlet is thrown down, I WILL pick it up. heh heh

I have been working on my own recollections of the trip and hope to post some of it very soon!

:hugs:

Katie ~Songbird~

Mistress of the Big O