Gerard Butler GALS

Hello my beautiful GALS,

I’ve finally decided to document my fun-filled, but rather short (*sniff*) Vegas adventure. Now… I’m definitely not a writer - I never achieved that remarkable skill so the fact that I’m actually doing this is amazing to me. I just wanted to get everything down, I don’t want to forget that wonderful time. Hope you all enjoy my ramblings, thank you for reading.

Thursday, June 8

The day I was planning to leave for Vegas, my boyfriend of 8 years decided to pop the question. We were in our bedroom and he presented me with my dream ring (yes, I picked it out, lol I had to!) and asked me to marry him. I was so happy that he finally did it – asked me – FINALLY! He had me bawling and smiling and that started off my trip quite nicely. I told everyone that he “branded” me for my trip – before I left him all alone, hehehehe. I don’t mind being branded! Willy is a fantastic man – so patient, loving, understanding, and incredibly hilarious – I am very proud to be his fiancée. ::D:

Bethy and I made plans to travel together since she lives several hours from me. Even though we live close, we’ve never met unfortunately (I don’t have a car). So meeting her Majesty in the Philly airport was great! I saw a sweet lil redhead nervously twitching all alone in her seat and I walked right up to her and embraced her. We started chatting right away and I knew she was incredibly nervous about the flight. I tried to keep her chatting about anything – of course the main topic was Mr. B – what else?! She did fantastic on the plane – even though our other seat companion was rather stinky – corn chips Bethy? LMAO

I have never been to Vegas – it was a thrill to take in everything on the way to the Sahara. Poor Bethy and I just kinda sat in silent awe in the cab – we were tired yet relieved we were finally there. After a small scare regarding the location of our baggage – what do we do? What do we do Bethy? hehehe we were settled in our super suite and were pretty darned smug about it! LOL :kisswink:

That was until we realized that we didn’t know where any of the GALS were! The Sahara booked us in a completely separate tower than the rest of everyone – against my distinct instructions. Gahhhhhh! So, we called Dayna and agreed to meet up in a few hours (she was out at the GBUSA BBQ). I was so excited. I’ve been talking to this amazing woman Dayna for almost a year now over the phone – we’ve worked together on GALS, developed a new business (BYS), laughed, cried, and shared so much, yet we’ve never met. I wanted to meet her right away, I wanted to hug my Dayna!

Finally, the time came to meet up and we raced to her room. Somehow we beat her there as no one answered the door. I was so disappointed until I heard this familiar voice down the hallway…. the incredibly gorgeous Dr. Em! I believe I did run to her, hehehehe and got my hug. This friend that has helped me grow so much in the past year, I owe so much to her. I was so grateful to finally hug her.

So we relaxed a bit in her room (shared with Jenni & Annette, who I was also chomping at the bit to meet) and I remembered to share my engagement news with her. Now, Dayna has been pushing Willy to propose for quite some time, so this was HUGE news! We got some happy screams out and more hugs, hehehe More and more GALS started spilling into the room and I was trying so hard not to revert back to my shy ways. I knew so many screen names and personalities, but I don’t have so much time to communicate with everyone on the forum like I want to because I’m always so busy. It was so great though to put faces with names, I was so nervous though, I had trouble getting chatty.

Thursday Night – Stef’s Birthday Celebration!

An incredibly generous friend of Dayna’s was able to acquire tickets for us (Bethy, Jenni, Annette, Pam, Dayna, & I) at Chippendale’s. Thank you so much Devin! We were to celebrate my upcoming 25th birthday! Yes, this was my idea – to see some manly stripper dancers, hehehe – yet I was so fooking nervous about being possibly picked out of the crowd (due to my b-day), I couldn’t relax.

A lil backstory… you see, Stef is an extremely repressed GAL – am currently trying to overcome my 12 years of intense catholic schooling, low self-esteem due to poor body image, and a once isolationist nature. I have come a long way since joining GALS and I’m very proud of myself. Yet, I was still quite uptight that night.

After some coaxing by my dear Dayna, I finally relaxed and put my trust in her. The show was AMAZING! It was incredible, so erotic, so fantastical, those men were certainly quite talented, hehehehe in many ways.

Afterward we had a late dinner where the waiters surprisingly sang me “Happy Birthday” and gave us the best chocolate cake to share, YUMMMMM! Thank you to my beautiful lovely GALS – I love you! Dayna, Pam, and I then danced the night away on the roof of the Rio at the VooDoo Lounge where I finally got to see Dr. Em’s famous dance moves! I also got to meet more GALS – love to Jenn, Celine, & Perrin woooohoooo! It was a great night! :dance:

Friday – The Convention Begins!

At last – I finally get to meet all the GALS! The attending MOD Squad in action - Miss Congeniality Mod – lovely and sweet Barb, the adorable and funky Risa – she’s so great, my hilarious and radiant vanilla princess Mel, the absolutely stunning and amazing Jenni, and the beautiful and comical Sporrrrrrrrran! I was so happy to help staff the registration table as it gave me a chance to put more names with faces and to help Dayna with a lot of loose ends. I made sure to have my camera everywhere, I wanted to document as much as I could for those that could not come.

It was so great to see everyone’s reaction to Jeremy’s presence – the fanmily feeling was enveloping us all and you could tell there was so much love being felt by everyone. I kept wondering what questions I’d be asked and how I would answer them – didn’t want to look like a fool! Hehehe

In the afternoon, while Dayna, Pam, and I were relaxing for a bit outside of the ballroom, Jeremy started asking us some questions about Gerry and the history of GALS. It was great to be able to talk about our lil website and how it’s grown so much in less than a year. I remember reeling off some of our statistics, hehehe, I was so proud! Then, the conversation turned toward “why” we do what we do and Dayna started talking about how Gerry is with his fans and Bethy’s situation came up. Bethy just happened to be walking by while we were talking about Gerry’s call to her on Xmas and we were all tearing up, especially when Bethy hugged and cried with Dayna. It was such a touching moment, I’m glad Jeremy filmed it as it exemplifies so much what GALS is about – we are a family, we love, support, and take care of each other.

We’re all still quite teary when Dayna starts talking about me to the camera – about how much I’ve grown in the last year, how scared I was last year to reach out to anyone, to even talk on the phone with her, how backwards and shy I was, and how different I am now. Man, that got me bawling like crazy and Dayna got her second teary hug within 10 minutes, lol I was so choked up I couldn’t even talk, didn’t even get a chance to thank her on camera. I love you Dayna! Thank you for being there for me over this past year, for helping me change and grow up, to become a woman, to embrace more things than to hide from them. You have changed my life in more ways than you can imagine. Here come the tears again…..

Friday Night: Dinner/Dance/Talent Show

Woohoo! Par-tayyy! We got to boogie down, watch a gerrylicious slide show (hehehe Thanks darling Mel!) and enjoy the amazing talents of our fantastic GALS! Jen, Swannie, Kimbo, Ina, Katie (I hope I didn’t miss anyone, I’m so sorry if I did!) – you were all spectacular! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful gifts with us. Also big thanks to those entered in the music vid competition – I cannot recall everyone who entered but I know of Mel and Belia (bea) who entered and they were also present. Someone please correct me if there were others also in attendance who entered. I am so envious of the vidders – I want to learn to do that, it’s so amazing what you all can create!

My favorite memory of the night was when we were all dancing around Flat Gerry and all of the sudden, he falls backwards! A collective GASP goes around the room as we all watch poor FG fall on his bum! Hehehe It was so funny to hear us all, he was then promptly picked up, dusted off, and grinded against once more, hehehehe

And to see Jeremy put down the camera and dance with us – priceless!

Ok... I'm spent! lol I haven't written this much since college! I hope to have the final day up tomorrow night, i don't want to procrastinate or wait too long to do it b/c then i'll forget!

Thanks for reading my super long text - i just wanted to document this for myself - i don't want to forget things or feelings - the convention was so much more than i expected, more than anyone expected. Thank you all for sharing in my memories.

Love,

Stef :kiss:

Stef! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I so enjoyed reading them, they are so reflective of the way you speak. It was as if I could hear your

voice. ::D:

You are an amazing young lady and you have grown and blossomed along with the site.

I'll be awaiting part two. :;):

Hugs,

Barb

Thank you Stef---- I sure wish i was there too- you all had a great time- since i'm a newbie i just missed it-- but will definitely make it next time!!!!-- cant wait to see what you write next----

Annemarie ::D:

I love you Stef!

You are so sweet!

And your smile lights up an entire room!

I fell in love with you (TNLW of course) the moment I met you!

And yes.. the woman beside me on the plane smelled like corn chips!

:sick:

:rotflmao:

Bethy

Thank you Stef,

Just reading all the amazing stories about the Vegas trip is nearly as good as being there, well a little bit anyway, :cry: but hey Gal you were there, that's the important thing,

:ohbaby2:

Anna and Macwilley

And thank you for all your wonderful, creative work on the videos. :wave:

Stef!! You rock i love you so much!!

I never thought you were reserved you have changed! One of my most vivid memories is of us hugging and dancing after Gerry left and then hugging somemore in the suite!!

Thanks for being there are being so sweet

luv ya!!

Thanks so much for sharing your story, Stef. I never would have picked you out as being reserved with that amazing radiant smile that you have. You really light up a room!

I'm constantly amazed at your talent here on the site. So much so, that I'm truly considering going into the web design business. I know nothing about it but it seems to set off a spark in me, so who knows. You never know who you are inspiring my dear, so keep up the beautiful job you are doing.

I only got a chance to speak with you once in Vegas but I look forward to our next convention and getting to talk even more. Your beautiful heart shines very brightly.

Congratulations on your happy news. I look forward to hearing more about your wedding plans.

Stef! Thanks so much for sharing your story. It was beautifully written. And I never would have picked you out at as being reserved at all... you seemed so outgoing in Vegas. I love ya!! Congrats again on the engagement!!

:hug:

Edited by jenn

I, too, would never have guessed at your shyness!

Stef, thanks for sharing your experience and your feelings! Just knowing how far you've come personally, makes you that much more special!

:wub: :inlove: in a TNL way, of course!

Congratulations on the engagement, too! :claphands::kiss:

Songbird

~Katie~

Oh my goodness, thank you all for reading my ramblings and replying! ::D:

Barb: i simply adore you, you do so much for us, we appreciate you so much. :kiss:

Annemarie: thank you for reading! Make sure you come next year, as I said, it's so much more than a convention - it was a heartwarming meeting of like souls - just there to share the love. So amazing!

Bethy: you are my hero, i love you to pieces! We need to get you some graphics jobs darnit... i know of some places here in State College that do that... wanna move near me?? LOL

Nicky: thank you for reading... i decided that i must be completely honest about myself and open... i don't get the chance often to do so on here, and i sometimes feel that makes it so not many people know me. So, i decided to take a chance. Hugs!

Anna & MacWilley - you 2 are so amazing! Thank you so much for reading my post, I hope to have such a strong marriage as you have.

Celine! I loved meeting you - you are so darned cute and fun! I am coming to Vegas earlier next year and staying later - we must do some more dancing, hehehe

Awww Jill... thank you so much! I wish i had gotten more time to talk to you too. It was such a whirlwind, as I said to Celine, I will be staying longer next year, i swear it! You're going into the web design business? That's awesome! I am trying to start mine, but have been lax in putting my prices online, Jenni, Dayna, and Annette keep telling me to just do it, but I keep getting sidetracked. Please let me know if you have any Q's or want to talk or anything!

Jenn: Yes, i used to be QUITE shy, reserved, backwards, introverted, everything that goes with it. I still struggle quite a bit to not revert to those old ways. But you GALS have done absolute wonders for me, and i guess it showed in Vegas, awesome! lol Love ya too babe

Katie, the sweet songbird! I felt so honored to help in some small way with your mesmerizing performance on Friday night. If you ever record your voice to go along with the vid, please send it to me and i will post it online asap... it fit soooo well! Oh and thanks for recreating your Thunder from Down Under performance for us, hehehehe you are so cool - i would have frozen on the stage, i know it. hehehehe

Part 2 will be posted tonight... just gotta write it, hehehe

Love,

Stef

Saturday, June 10

Beowulf & Grendel:

So excited! Haven't seen a new Gerry movie in a long while and the only one i've seen on the big screen was Phantom, so this is a big deal! Plus, knowing Tonya was going to be in attendance was a thrill in itself. I was also additionally excited because i knew the Cinevegas film festival was going on and is centralized at the Palms/Brendan Theatres - where we were going for B&G. So I dressed myself up - i decided to do this a lot in Vegas b/c I don't do it a lot in real life and was seated in the VIP area in the theatre - they sat all the admins of all the participating sites in VIP seats - twas very cool! ::D: Sat next to Aislinn/Ashley from "The Butler Did It" and finally got to really talk with her for the first time. It was so lovely to finally see Tonya in person. She's absolutely gorgeous and speaks very eloquently, her accent is beautiful too. She mentioned that she was very excited to see the movie as she spent several months holding Gerry's coat for him in Iceland, but never saw the finished project. It was cool to experience it with her, she and her friend sat 2 seats down from us.

Also, it was quite an experience to watch a Gerry movie with other Gerry fans in a theatre! The collective sigh when he came on screen for the first time was so funny and of course i did it too! hehe And we all clapped when his name came on the credits, it was so great!

We stayed after the movie was over and I was introduced to Tonya. She is very interested in everything related to the fans, it was a pleasure to talk with her. She then took photos with the admins outside of the theatre in front of the cinevegas backgrounds. Oh and we got to show her Annette's fantastic jewelry - i showed her my charm bracelet and explained the relevance of each charm, hehe oh and my new birthday necklace annette made me (which I still wear every single day, i love it!). Jeremy was around still doing post-movie interviews with everyone. He asked me if I liked the movie, what my favorite scene was, why I like Gerry as an actor - he's a really good videographer, i was never nervous talking with him.

We then went back to the Sahara - you did great navigating those streets Pam! ::D: We went to lunch and then for the rest of the afternoon, I went to visit with my family (they accompanied me to Vegas for their own vacation and to meet up with my aunt who lives in CA). I felt bad that I hadn't really seen my aunt, so I went to their condo and hung out with them for a while and then we came back to the Sahara and gambled a bit. I tried the POTO slot machine, didn't have much luck! Oh well, whatcha gonna do? lol

Well... i was itching to get back to my GALS, so i went up to the celeb suite and watched some POTO and JOTS with the ladies and checked on the website on Jenni's computer - I swear, i cannot tear myself away from the site! hehe Then it was time to prep for the Dracula Ball.

Saturday night - Dracula Ball:

The ballroom was decorated so beautifully! The Sahara staff did a great job of transforming the room. :claphands: I wandered around and admired the creative costumes and took some photos, and got my photo taken. We all then sat down for dinner and soon after Tonya arrived, looking so radiant! She sat with us for a short while Dayna recognized all of the sites that were participating in the convention. We all stood up when our associate site was announced, it was sooo cool to see us all together as a fanmily! ::D: Then Dayna announced Tonya and began the Q&A. It was so lovely to hear how she became Gerry's assistant. Then she revealed the big scoop of the new pug puppy, hehehe and said how she doesn't support his smoking, hides his lighter and whatnot! LOL And how GB has always been so giving, he helped a family in England with financial problems (i'm very vague on the details of that story, i'm sorry). Then she talked about his addiction to leather jackets, hehehehe, there was more, but i'm very fuzzy on the details.

Then they announced it was time for the Butler Awards! Our stunning Swansong won the talent contest and was asked to come up to receive her award - which was a pendant made by Annette. Tonya then said that she needed help carrying the award, and perhaps her friend could help her........ Oh man, if you could have felt the excitement in that room, it was beyond crazy! And when he walked into the room, it was an explosion! hehehehe We all kinda made our way to the front of the room to get up close and personal with the Butler, hehehe He really is more handsome in real life ladies, :heat: I kept thinking that he looked so tan and rested and happy, he looked so much better than the recent photos of him that had us worrying.

I kept snapping my camera, then I changed my position in the crowd to get closer pics - my first thought was constantly on the site - getting pics for you all on the forum. I did stop a little bit to enjoy his talk, he just couldn't stop talking, it was such a joy to listen to as it made us feel like we were his friends, or that he was comfortable with us. I was so frigging excited when Annette pointed out Dayna's efforts and she got her hug, hehe and when he found Bethy, that was so emotional. You can hear it in the video that we're all sniffing & crying in the crowd because of what he said to her, it was so so so tearjerking, so personal, so special. And Mel's win!!! So so so awesome! It was just very enjoyable and an incredible cap to already wonderful convention.

I watched him leave the stage and then walked away... I felt mixed feelings... of course i wanted to meet him and hug him as he left like other fans were doing, but then I didn't want to because I felt it was more important to the others that wanted to. Of course, for several days after the convention I beat myself up for a bit for missing my chance, but all in all I'm ok with the fact if I never meet him. I have always said, I don't do this site for him, I do it for the GALS - and that's absolutely true. I work for you all, i don't work for him. But if he ever did want me to work for him, LMAO I wouldn't say no! hehehehehehe

It was so funny to see all of the shellshocked GALS wandering around afterwards, hehe I shared pics off of my digital with many of them and found Mel and hugged her, she was so darned cute! Shared my joy as well with Bethy and Swannie and showed them some pics too. I then sat for a little bit and guarded the Butler water glasses, HEHEHE that Gerry sipped out of that we were saving to auction off, we didn't want the waitstaff to accidentally clear them. So while i was waiting with them, the lovely Kimbo gave me the best back massage EVER! Thank you so much sweetie, i was in heaven! ::D:

We then announced the raffle winners and got to enjoy raffle winner Bethy's joyous gulping of the Gerry Juice (HEHEHEHEHEHEHE) err... I mean water... and licking the glass' rim and then we danced the night away. The night ended way too soon! :cry:

We all headed up then to the celebrity suite and i promptly got online to post some Gerry pics for the awaiting masses on the forum as the news had already spread of Mr. B's attendance. Spent some time chatting about the amazing night with the great GALS and then began my series of pretty teary and sad goodbyes - Bethy and I were flying out of Vegas within a few hours (had to be at the airport at 5 am). I remember sobbing on Pam, i had such a great time meeting and getting to know her. I know I sobbed a bit on Mel, i forget who else i sobbed on in the celeb suite, lol Then i had to face the toughest goodbyes - my 3 musketeers - Annette, Jenni, and Dayna. Thank you gals for allowing me to bawl all over you, it just hit me so hard that night, i didn't want the convention to end, I didn't want to leave you. I cried all the way back to our room and reluctantly began to pack, it was over. :cry:

Bethy and I flew out of Vegas at 6:45 am and thankfully I slept the whole way home. My sister was "on a schedule" in Philly, so I wasn't allotted much time to say goodbye to my Bethy, which is possibly a good thing as I would have bawled more. You are so brave my sweet Bethy - i'm so proud of all that you accomplished to go to Vegas. You are and always will be my hero! :kiss:

I reflected on the convention the whole way back to my hometown and teared up when telling my fiancee about my GALS. I was in a major funk for 2 days afterwards - I was supposed to go to a web conference for my real job the day after, but i was so out of it, that I didn't make it. I almost slept my entire birthday away b/c of trying to catch up on the sleep i missed, hehe (my bday was on the monday after the convention). All of my free time was spent putting up piccies and videos, i loved it! I wish this could be my real fulltime job ::D:

Well... that's my vegas journal GALS & PALS. Thank you for allowing me to express myself here. I know that with time, many of the details will slip away from my memory, i just want to remember all that i can as it really was more than just a convention - it was the best thing I've ever done for myself, in addition to taking on GALS as a website job, lol As I've said before, GALS has been so good for me, thank you for being my catalyst for so much good change in my life. I want to do so much more for you all, especially at the convention next year... I'm trying to think of cool stuff for you all. :kisswink:

Love you all very much,

Hello my beautiful GALS,

I’ve finally decided to document my fun-filled, but rather short (*sniff*) Vegas adventure. Now… I’m definitely not a writer - I never achieved that remarkable skill so the fact that I’m actually doing this is amazing to me. I just wanted to get everything down, I don’t want to forget that wonderful time. Hope you all enjoy my ramblings, thank you for reading.

Thursday, June 8

The day I was planning to leave for Vegas, my boyfriend of 8 years decided to pop the question. We were in our bedroom and he presented me with my dream ring (yes, I picked it out, lol I had to!) and asked me to marry him. I was so happy that he finally did it – asked me – FINALLY! He had me bawling and smiling and that started off my trip quite nicely. I told everyone that he “branded” me for my trip – before I left him all alone, hehehehe. I don’t mind being branded! Willy is a fantastic man – so patient, loving, understanding, and incredibly hilarious – I am very proud to be his fiancée. ::D:

Bethy and I made plans to travel together since she lives several hours from me. Even though we live close, we’ve never met unfortunately (I don’t have a car). So meeting her Majesty in the Philly airport was great! I saw a sweet lil redhead nervously twitching all alone in her seat and I walked right up to her and embraced her. We started chatting right away and I knew she was incredibly nervous about the flight. I tried to keep her chatting about anything – of course the main topic was Mr. B – what else?! She did fantastic on the plane – even though our other seat companion was rather stinky – corn chips Bethy? LMAO

I have never been to Vegas – it was a thrill to take in everything on the way to the Sahara. Poor Bethy and I just kinda sat in silent awe in the cab – we were tired yet relieved we were finally there. After a small scare regarding the location of our baggage – what do we do? What do we do Bethy? hehehe we were settled in our super suite and were pretty darned smug about it! LOL :kisswink:

That was until we realized that we didn’t know where any of the GALS were! The Sahara booked us in a completely separate tower than the rest of everyone – against my distinct instructions. Gahhhhhh! So, we called Dayna and agreed to meet up in a few hours (she was out at the GBUSA BBQ). I was so excited. I’ve been talking to this amazing woman Dayna for almost a year now over the phone – we’ve worked together on GALS, developed a new business (BYS), laughed, cried, and shared so much, yet we’ve never met. I wanted to meet her right away, I wanted to hug my Dayna!

Finally, the time came to meet up and we raced to her room. Somehow we beat her there as no one answered the door. I was so disappointed until I heard this familiar voice down the hallway…. the incredibly gorgeous Dr. Em! I believe I did run to her, hehehehe and got my hug. This friend that has helped me grow so much in the past year, I owe so much to her. I was so grateful to finally hug her.

So we relaxed a bit in her room (shared with Jenni & Annette, who I was also chomping at the bit to meet) and I remembered to share my engagement news with her. Now, Dayna has been pushing Willy to propose for quite some time, so this was HUGE news! We got some happy screams out and more hugs, hehehe More and more GALS started spilling into the room and I was trying so hard not to revert back to my shy ways. I knew so many screen names and personalities, but I don’t have so much time to communicate with everyone on the forum like I want to because I’m always so busy. It was so great though to put faces with names, I was so nervous though, I had trouble getting chatty.

Thursday Night – Stef’s Birthday Celebration!

An incredibly generous friend of Dayna’s was able to acquire tickets for us (Bethy, Jenni, Annette, Pam, Dayna, & I) at Chippendale’s. Thank you so much Devin! We were to celebrate my upcoming 25th birthday! Yes, this was my idea – to see some manly stripper dancers, hehehe – yet I was so fooking nervous about being possibly picked out of the crowd (due to my b-day), I couldn’t relax.

A lil backstory… you see, Stef is an extremely repressed GAL – am currently trying to overcome my 12 years of intense catholic schooling, low self-esteem due to poor body image, and a once isolationist nature. I have come a long way since joining GALS and I’m very proud of myself. Yet, I was still quite uptight that night.

After some coaxing by my dear Dayna, I finally relaxed and put my trust in her. The show was AMAZING! It was incredible, so erotic, so fantastical, those men were certainly quite talented, hehehehe in many ways.

Afterward we had a late dinner where the waiters surprisingly sang me “Happy Birthday” and gave us the best chocolate cake to share, YUMMMMM! Thank you to my beautiful lovely GALS – I love you! Dayna, Pam, and I then danced the night away on the roof of the Rio at the VooDoo Lounge where I finally got to see Dr. Em’s famous dance moves! I also got to meet more GALS – love to Jenn, Celine, & Perrin woooohoooo! It was a great night! :dance:

Friday – The Convention Begins!

At last – I finally get to meet all the GALS! The attending MOD Squad in action - Miss Congeniality Mod – lovely and sweet Barb, the adorable and funky Risa – she’s so great, my hilarious and radiant vanilla princess Mel, the absolutely stunning and amazing Jenni, and the beautiful and comical Sporrrrrrrrran! I was so happy to help staff the registration table as it gave me a chance to put more names with faces and to help Dayna with a lot of loose ends. I made sure to have my camera everywhere, I wanted to document as much as I could for those that could not come.

It was so great to see everyone’s reaction to Jeremy’s presence – the fanmily feeling was enveloping us all and you could tell there was so much love being felt by everyone. I kept wondering what questions I’d be asked and how I would answer them – didn’t want to look like a fool! Hehehe

In the afternoon, while Dayna, Pam, and I were relaxing for a bit outside of the ballroom, Jeremy started asking us some questions about Gerry and the history of GALS. It was great to be able to talk about our lil website and how it’s grown so much in less than a year. I remember reeling off some of our statistics, hehehe, I was so proud! Then, the conversation turned toward “why” we do what we do and Dayna started talking about how Gerry is with his fans and Bethy’s situation came up. Bethy just happened to be walking by while we were talking about Gerry’s call to her on Xmas and we were all tearing up, especially when Bethy hugged and cried with Dayna. It was such a touching moment, I’m glad Jeremy filmed it as it exemplifies so much what GALS is about – we are a family, we love, support, and take care of each other.

We’re all still quite teary when Dayna starts talking about me to the camera – about how much I’ve grown in the last year, how scared I was last year to reach out to anyone, to even talk on the phone with her, how backwards and shy I was, and how different I am now. Man, that got me bawling like crazy and Dayna got her second teary hug within 10 minutes, lol I was so choked up I couldn’t even talk, didn’t even get a chance to thank her on camera. I love you Dayna! Thank you for being there for me over this past year, for helping me change and grow up, to become a woman, to embrace more things than to hide from them. You have changed my life in more ways than you can imagine. Here come the tears again…..

Friday Night: Dinner/Dance/Talent Show

Woohoo! Par-tayyy! We got to boogie down, watch a gerrylicious slide show (hehehe Thanks darling Mel!) and enjoy the amazing talents of our fantastic GALS! Jen, Swannie, Kimbo, Ina, Katie (I hope I didn’t miss anyone, I’m so sorry if I did!) – you were all spectacular! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful gifts with us. Also big thanks to those entered in the music vid competition – I cannot recall everyone who entered but I know of Mel and Belia (bea) who entered and they were also present. Someone please correct me if there were others also in attendance who entered. I am so envious of the vidders – I want to learn to do that, it’s so amazing what you all can create!

My favorite memory of the night was when we were all dancing around Flat Gerry and all of the sudden, he falls backwards! A collective GASP goes around the room as we all watch poor FG fall on his bum! Hehehe It was so funny to hear us all, he was then promptly picked up, dusted off, and grinded against once more, hehehehe

And to see Jeremy put down the camera and dance with us – priceless!

Ok... I'm spent! lol I haven't written this much since college! I hope to have the final day up tomorrow night, i don't want to procrastinate or wait too long to do it b/c then i'll forget!

Thanks for reading my super long text - i just wanted to document this for myself - i don't want to forget things or feelings - the convention was so much more than i expected, more than anyone expected. Thank you all for sharing in my memories.

Love,

Stef my dear, what a great diary.

I was laughing out loud about the Gerry falling over. As it happens I caught a little piece of video of that I will send it to you so you can post. I did not include it in the video I had misplaced it on my computer.

So happy to hear of you breaking out you are a beautiful young lady and Willy is a lucky guy.

I also have to thank the GALS for alot. This trip was the first time I ever went anywhere on my own

and it was very liberating. Thanks for sharing your diary with us.

Bea

Saturday, June 10

Beowulf & Grendel:

So excited! Haven't seen a new Gerry movie in a long while and the only one i've seen on the big screen was Phantom, so this is a big deal! Plus, knowing Tonya was going to be in attendance was a thrill in itself. I was also additionally excited because i knew the Cinevegas film festival was going on and is centralized at the Palms/Brendan Theatres - where we were going for B&G. So I dressed myself up - i decided to do this a lot in Vegas b/c I don't do it a lot in real life and was seated in the VIP area in the theatre - they sat all the admins of all the participating sites in VIP seats - twas very cool! ::D: Sat next to Aislinn/Ashley from "The Butler Did It" and finally got to really talk with her for the first time. It was so lovely to finally see Tonya in person. She's absolutely gorgeous and speaks very eloquently, her accent is beautiful too. She mentioned that she was very excited to see the movie as she spent several months holding Gerry's coat for him in Iceland, but never saw the finished project. It was cool to experience it with her, she and her friend sat 2 seats down from us.

Also, it was quite an experience to watch a Gerry movie with other Gerry fans in a theatre! The collective sigh when he came on screen for the first time was so funny and of course i did it too! hehe And we all clapped when his name came on the credits, it was so great!

We stayed after the movie was over and I was introduced to Tonya. She is very interested in everything related to the fans, it was a pleasure to talk with her. She then took photos with the admins outside of the theatre in front of the cinevegas backgrounds. Oh and we got to show her Annette's fantastic jewelry - i showed her my charm bracelet and explained the relevance of each charm, hehe oh and my new birthday necklace annette made me (which I still wear every single day, i love it!). Jeremy was around still doing post-movie interviews with everyone. He asked me if I liked the movie, what my favorite scene was, why I like Gerry as an actor - he's a really good videographer, i was never nervous talking with him.

We then went back to the Sahara - you did great navigating those streets Pam! ::D: We went to lunch and then for the rest of the afternoon, I went to visit with my family (they accompanied me to Vegas for their own vacation and to meet up with my aunt who lives in CA). I felt bad that I hadn't really seen my aunt, so I went to their condo and hung out with them for a while and then we came back to the Sahara and gambled a bit. I tried the POTO slot machine, didn't have much luck! Oh well, whatcha gonna do? lol

Well... i was itching to get back to my GALS, so i went up to the celeb suite and watched some POTO and JOTS with the ladies and checked on the website on Jenni's computer - I swear, i cannot tear myself away from the site! hehe Then it was time to prep for the Dracula Ball.

Saturday night - Dracula Ball:

The ballroom was decorated so beautifully! The Sahara staff did a great job of transforming the room. :claphands: I wandered around and admired the creative costumes and took some photos, and got my photo taken. We all then sat down for dinner and soon after Tonya arrived, looking so radiant! She sat with us for a short while Dayna recognized all of the sites that were participating in the convention. We all stood up when our associate site was announced, it was sooo cool to see us all together as a fanmily! ::D: Then Dayna announced Tonya and began the Q&A. It was so lovely to hear how she became Gerry's assistant. Then she revealed the big scoop of the new pug puppy, hehehe and said how she doesn't support his smoking, hides his lighter and whatnot! LOL And how GB has always been so giving, he helped a family in England with financial problems (i'm very vague on the details of that story, i'm sorry). Then she talked about his addiction to leather jackets, hehehehe, there was more, but i'm very fuzzy on the details.

Then they announced it was time for the Butler Awards! Our stunning Swansong won the talent contest and was asked to come up to receive her award - which was a pendant made by Annette. Tonya then said that she needed help carrying the award, and perhaps her friend could help her........ Oh man, if you could have felt the excitement in that room, it was beyond crazy! And when he walked into the room, it was an explosion! hehehehe We all kinda made our way to the front of the room to get up close and personal with the Butler, hehehe He really is more handsome in real life ladies, :heat: I kept thinking that he looked so tan and rested and happy, he looked so much better than the recent photos of him that had us worrying.

I kept snapping my camera, then I changed my position in the crowd to get closer pics - my first thought was constantly on the site - getting pics for you all on the forum. I did stop a little bit to enjoy his talk, he just couldn't stop talking, it was such a joy to listen to as it made us feel like we were his friends, or that he was comfortable with us. I was so frigging excited when Annette pointed out Dayna's efforts and she got her hug, hehe and when he found Bethy, that was so emotional. You can hear it in the video that we're all sniffing & crying in the crowd because of what he said to her, it was so so so tearjerking, so personal, so special. And Mel's win!!! So so so awesome! It was just very enjoyable and an incredible cap to already wonderful convention.

I watched him leave the stage and then walked away... I felt mixed feelings... of course i wanted to meet him and hug him as he left like other fans were doing, but then I didn't want to because I felt it was more important to the others that wanted to. Of course, for several days after the convention I beat myself up for a bit for missing my chance, but all in all I'm ok with the fact if I never meet him. I have always said, I don't do this site for him, I do it for the GALS - and that's absolutely true. I work for you all, i don't work for him. But if he ever did want me to work for him, LMAO I wouldn't say no! hehehehehehe

It was so funny to see all of the shellshocked GALS wandering around afterwards, hehe I shared pics off of my digital with many of them and found Mel and hugged her, she was so darned cute! Shared my joy as well with Bethy and Swannie and showed them some pics too. I then sat for a little bit and guarded the Butler water glasses, HEHEHE that Gerry sipped out of that we were saving to auction off, we didn't want the waitstaff to accidentally clear them. So while i was waiting with them, the lovely Kimbo gave me the best back massage EVER! Thank you so much sweetie, i was in heaven! ::D:

We then announced the raffle winners and got to enjoy raffle winner Bethy's joyous gulping of the Gerry Juice (HEHEHEHEHEHEHE) err... I mean water... and licking the glass' rim and then we danced the night away. The night ended way too soon! :cry:

We all headed up then to the celebrity suite and i promptly got online to post some Gerry pics for the awaiting masses on the forum as the news had already spread of Mr. B's attendance. Spent some time chatting about the amazing night with the great GALS and then began my series of pretty teary and sad goodbyes - Bethy and I were flying out of Vegas within a few hours (had to be at the airport at 5 am). I remember sobbing on Pam, i had such a great time meeting and getting to know her. I know I sobbed a bit on Mel, i forget who else i sobbed on in the celeb suite, lol Then i had to face the toughest goodbyes - my 3 musketeers - Annette, Jenni, and Dayna. Thank you gals for allowing me to bawl all over you, it just hit me so hard that night, i didn't want the convention to end, I didn't want to leave you. I cried all the way back to our room and reluctantly began to pack, it was over. :cry:

Bethy and I flew out of Vegas at 6:45 am and thankfully I slept the whole way home. My sister was "on a schedule" in Philly, so I wasn't allotted much time to say goodbye to my Bethy, which is possibly a good thing as I would have bawled more. You are so brave my sweet Bethy - i'm so proud of all that you accomplished to go to Vegas. You are and always will be my hero! :kiss:

I reflected on the convention the whole way back to my hometown and teared up when telling my fiancee about my GALS. I was in a major funk for 2 days afterwards - I was supposed to go to a web conference for my real job the day after, but i was so out of it, that I didn't make it. I almost slept my entire birthday away b/c of trying to catch up on the sleep i missed, hehe (my bday was on the monday after the convention). All of my free time was spent putting up piccies and videos, i loved it! I wish this could be my real fulltime job ::D:

Well... that's my vegas journal GALS & PALS. Thank you for allowing me to express myself here. I know that with time, many of the details will slip away from my memory, i just want to remember all that i can as it really was more than just a convention - it was the best thing I've ever done for myself, in addition to taking on GALS as a website job, lol As I've said before, GALS has been so good for me, thank you for being my catalyst for so much good change in my life. I want to do so much more for you all, especially at the convention next year... I'm trying to think of cool stuff for you all. :kisswink:

Love you all very much,

Thanks so much for posting your story Stef, and kudos to you for all the work you do here, it is all REALLY appreciated. Nic :yourock: PS congrats on your engagement, I've been married for 27 years, it ain't bad if you have the right fella! Edited by nicpaint

It was so great to meet you Stef! I never would have guessed you were reserved at all. I had a blast dancing with you and the other gals at the Voodoo lounge. We definately need to do it again sometime. They only thing is that I wish we got to spend more time together. Big hugs wonder woman!

love,

Perrin

Sometimes it is worth waiting to get the whole story at once. And yes, I sometimes read the end of books too LOL.

Thanks Stef for your story. You write OK BTW so don't denigrate yourself.

I can relate to the repression and Catholic upbrining, although mine is a few more years behind me than yours. It still send the Guilt meter up and over a times.

I got a chance to see Gerry and exchange one comment with him. I also wondered if I should have gone around to see him off but, like you, I was there for the GALS and others had more need. Just having been there was enough.

Thanks again and Hugs

Cat

• 2 weeks later...

Awww Jill... thank you so much! I wish i had gotten more time to talk to you too. It was such a whirlwind, as I said to Celine, I will be staying longer next year, i swear it! You're going into the web design business? That's awesome! I am trying to start mine, but have been lax in putting my prices online, Jenni, Dayna, and Annette keep telling me to just do it, but I keep getting sidetracked. Please let me know if you have any Q's or want to talk or anything!

I'm in the beginning stages of planning what I will be doing with the next stage of my life since my kids will all be in High School this coming year. So my job as a full time mom is changing quite a bit. Web Design is something that has intrigued me for awhile but I know absolutely nothing about it. My part time job has temporarily ended and I don't know if I really want to go back. What I may do instead is take some classes at our local community college that are related to the field and see if I have even an ounce of talent in that area. Seeing the impact that you have on people here has made a huge impression on me. I'm constantly amazed at how much you do here. I'm especially grateful for the Get Healthy Forum you started.

I've enjoyed reading your recap of events in Vegas Stef. I'm blown away, still, by the impact it had on so many of us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your thoughts. It was truly an amazing experience.

Thanks so much for posting your story Stef, and kudos to you for all the work you do here, it is all REALLY appreciated. Nic :yourock: PS congrats on your engagement, I've been married for 27 years, it ain't bad if you have the right fella!

You are absolutely right, nicpaint. When you are married to the right guy, time just flies. It isn't always easy but you know you have each other when life's events smack you in the face. Congrats on your engagement Stef. I wish you all the very best.

SUCH a beautiful account, Stef! Man, what a weekend.....I'm still in shock at the great times had by all.

I was present for some of this....! It was quite amazing...Mousie and I were just leaving the ballroom when we embarked on this interview. You gals were already in tears. The whole thing lifted my mood considerably...I was pissing off at the fact that technical difficulties kept me from teaching my workshop (despite the wonderful efforts of Stef and Jenni, who tried to get the projector to work), and I was still slightly embarrassed and annoyed at my less-than-graceful run-in with two of the ballroom chairs that "introduced" me to the dance floor. :doh: Thanks StagewomanJen for picking me up off my arse... :kisswink:

In any case, it was a wonderful thing to behold, all of you hugging and teary. It humbled me and perked my mood at the same time. :wub:

~Mel