Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry in Negotiations to Star in "Priest"

Dear Gals! Hello, I'm in the midst of deadline woes but it has come to my attention I might need to give a gentle reminder to all gals that, though we are a passionate bunch and believe strongly about many things, we are also all about love and acceptance of others and offering a kind hand of friendship in the Gerry FANmily and to be always respectful of everyone's thoughts and opinions.

So now having said that, I must also say that I haven't had the opportunity to read all of your posts and thoughts about the new possible roles for Gerry, but a number of the mods have and are concerned that some feelings might be hurt and we want to stop that from happening. We welcome all of you at GB GAls and want to you to have a great time forming strong friendships. So please, if you have concerns or upset, please contact a mod or an admin. And please do everything within your power to make GALS a FANtastic and Hot place to Spread the Gerry Love.

Sincerely

Jennifer St. Giles

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

The reason I said I would probably just stop posting is because no matter which thread I have posted in , most of my comments have been totally ignored. I have found no sense of the "making new friends" I wanted to find here.

I wanted very much to fit in here and to participate and to make new friends. I'm sad that isn't happening.Marcia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marcia,

FWIW, I have had the very same impressions you have regarding my comments on various subjects.

My thoughts receive very few responses, one way or the other.

And I have noticed a "circle within the circle" here at this chat site.

Therefore, I know exactly the feelings that we are invisible &/or ignored here.

HOWEVER, I have read so much at this site and other great GB sites that I now understand what's going on that causes a newby to feel as an outsider.

MANY of these people have met in person, played together, talked together, etc., so they have a bond that radiates beyond this site.

They tend to chat with each other more than they do with the rest of us.

That was very apparent after the mind-blowing weekend in Las Vegas.

I don't think they have any intentions to ignore us nor dis us, but we are simply not included.

That doesn't mean, tho, that we are not welcome, that our thoughts are not important, that our Gerry-craziness is less important.

It just means that have to make our own circle of friends from this Gerry Butler site (or other GB sites.)

I was fortunate enough to be invited to drive up to Seattle with two wonderful women I had not met, in order to see Beowulf & Grendel.

I had hoped to enjoy the film with other people who wanted to see the film and see The Gers on the big screen.

What I got was so much more because I was able to meet several other great ladies (and one VERY patient husband), some of whom I only knew by their GALS name (or BG.Net TART name).

I was VERY hesitant to wade off into the Oregon Tart Jam next month BEFORE I went to Seattle to see a special movie and meet equally special people.

BUT, now I've moved a couple mountains in order to go because I am excited to meet more fun people who are Gerry-nuts, see TWO of Gerry's movies with a roomful of other people who are thrilled to be there, and to be able to TALK OUT LOUD about Gerry Butler.

So, from one newby to another, Marcia, HI TO YOU! :rose:

Just keep on expressing your thoughts, I'll read them, and I may agree with you more than you might expect.

Or not! :cunning:

Edited by tilzey

[

The reason I said I would probably just stop posting is because no matter which thread I have posted in , most of my comments have been totally ignored. I have found no sense of the "making new friends" I wanted to find here.

I wanted very much to fit in here and to participate and to make new friends. I'm sad that isn't happening.Marcia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marcia,

FWIW, I have had the very same impressions you have regarding my comments on various subjects.

HOWEVER, I have read so much at this site and other great GB sites that I now understand what's going on that causes a newby to feel as an outsider.

MANY of these people have met in person, played together, talked together, etc., so they have a bond that radiates beyond this site.

I don't think they have any intentions to ignore us nor dis us, but we are simply not included.

That doesn't mean, tho, that we are not welcome, that our thoughts are not important, that our Gerry-craziness is less important.

It just means that have to make our own circle of friends from this Gerry Butler site (or other GB sites.)

I was fortunately enough to be invited to drive up to Seattle with two wonderful women I had not met, in order to see Beowulf & Grendel.

I had hoped to enjoy the film with other people who wanted to see the film and see The Gers on the big screen.

What I got was so much more because I was able to meet several other great ladies (and one VERY patient husband), some of whom I only knew by their GALS name (or BG.Net TART name).

I was VERY hesitant to wade off into the Oregon Tart Jam next month BEFORE I went to Seattle to see a special movie and meet equally special people.

BUT, now I've moved a couple mountains in order to go because I am excited to meet more fun people who are Gerry-nuts, see TWO of Gerry's movies with a roomful of other people who are thrilled to be there, and to be able to TALK OUT LOUD about Gerry Butler.

Just keep on expressing your thoughts, I'll read them, and I may agree with you more than you might expect.

:wave: Hi There ladies! I am one of the unfortunate ones that couldn't attend the event in Las Vegas and do understand your feelings completely. But since I arrived here the unseen ladies have helped me so many times even though they have never met me I feel welcome. I hope that you's will come to know this place as I have in the past year ; as a haven to share my love for Gerry with unseen fans that someday if I am lucky ; I will join in their fun and festivities in kind. We are family (Butlergals) Hey I love you! :inlove: :wave:

Tilzy and Ma Nature...the same thing happens to me...to all of us, actually. That feeling of no one paying attention or caring about our posts.

Please know that you are valued...

And as may pointed out, there are many gals willing to help ~ and the Mods and Admin are very giving.

There are some groups of 'friends' both those that have met and those that are still cyber...and they are all welcoming...

I hope you will give the board a bit more time so that you can experience the fun and friendship that is GALS.

Hugs,

Barbara

I'm actually quite excited about this role for Gerry and this film, and the more I read about it, the more intriguing it sounds. Here's a review of the graphic novel, and if the script stays close to this, it sounds fascinating and RIGHT up Gerry's alley. I urge those of you who're basing your thoughts on the barebones information we've been given so far to do more research. You might just change your mind! ::D:

Cara

I adore this series. Spine-chilling horror mixed with the American West and

Catholic lore, fears, and stereotypes. In this volume, we learn of Ivan's

past - growing up with Gena as her adopted brother, falling in love but

having that love forbidden by her father, and being sent off to become a

priest. Ivan wasn't strong enough to fight it, and once Gena was old enough

to, he was alredy a priest and still not strong enough to get out of a cage

he made for himself. Despite this, they never stop loving each other even

though they can't or wont act on it. Ivan's research in to various

religion's histories and lore opened a door to allow him to research the

Domos Porada in person. It is the structure that contains the soul of the

devil Temozarela who was once a knight templer of the Crusades. The imagery

and even the very character of Temozarela reminds me very much of Vlad Tepes

(the Impaler) as both fought for the Catholic Church against the Muslim Turk

heretics ... epscially when I see the imagery of impaled figures in Priest.

While Temozarela is calling to Ivan in his dreams, the demon Belian, warns

Ivan, telling him to leave while he still can. But Ivan's already in too

deep...

The setting is familiar but must be in an alternate/parallel world as the

Crusades took place in Europe and Native Americans and the American West are

in North America but all of it is wrapped into one setting. Min-Woo Hyung

even invents a Native American tribe, the Su-Hawks, and a legend about them

that ties into the story - one of the chiefs sealed the souls of demons into

himself and then shut himself away in a stone pillar much the same way

Temozarela's soul is trapped in a mini-stone pillar of sorts. Famous images

and depictions of Hell from cultures the world over are also inserted a

chapter breaks (I guess), which adds a nice touch. And the cover is

striking - Temozarela wearing religious armor, battle scarred, standing

before a field of impaled bodies on cross-like spikes.

Priest is nothing short of brilliant! Min-Woo Hyung has been unfolding the

story and backstory just right to make things seem clearer while adding

mystery and suspense, and heightening character development. The art is

wonderful with a stylized look that is perfect for this story - giving it

the rough edges needed for the horror and western ruggedness while still

being aesthetically pleasing. Priest is a dark, magnificent take that I've

become addicted too, as I'm sure you will too.

And as may pointed out, there are many gals willing to help ~ and the Mods and Admin are very giving.

There are some groups of 'friends' both those that have met and those that are still cyber...and they are all welcoming...I hope you will give the board a bit more time so that you can experience the fun and friendship that is GALS.Hugs,Barbara

Barbara,

I'm very content with my new friends who are wild about Gerry. ::D:

I was just outside doing a mundane chore, the best time to do fruitful thinking, and a wonderful metaphor came to mind to show all the linkages here.

Think of Gerry's bracelet - the one that is a chain made of circles.

Circles are infinite,

The circle of circles (the bracelet) is infinite.

Just like the circles that are interlinked to make a larger circle, they are all connected, just as we are.

Corny sounding, but simply true

Good ol' Gers comes thru again! :wub:

:bonk: I am as excited as hell but I also heard that he gets killed in this movie? :cry: I don't want to see him die again! How can they write a sequel if they keep killing him? What would have happened to Siguorney Weaver if they would have killed her off after the 1st one? And Arnold in the Terminator? Make him LIVE do you here me you moron producers? :tantrum: :whip: :confused:

:bonk: I am as excited as hell but I also heard that he gets killed in this movie? :cry: I don't want to see him die again! How can they write a sequel if they keep killing him? What would have happened to Siguorney Weaver if they would have killed her off after the 1st one? And Arnold in the Terminator? Make him LIVE do you here me you moron producers? :tantrum: :whip: :confused:

As far as I can tell, he dies but comes back to life as part of the pact he makes with a demon to help fight an even worse demon. So he's dead but not dead. ::D:

Cara

Circles are infinite,

Just like the circles that are interlinked to make a larger circle, they are all connected, just as we are.

[/color][/size]

That's beautiful. I like that.

Plus we're talking about G's bracelet, and that alone is enough to make me.. :spontaneous:

:hugs:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

As far as I can tell, he dies but comes back to life as part of the pact he makes with a demon to help fight an even worse demon. So he's dead but not dead. ::D:

Cara

Ya got me doing backflips here, Cara!! :headspin: :pointy: :yippee:

Cara

:rotflmao: Great if that is true then bring it on BABY more and more and more!I am on a Butler diet and it is killing my hubby! Too bad cause this diet is worth sticking with (non fattening!) :kisswink: :licky:

Thanks Cara!

The more I hear, the more I love!

No one can play a tortured soul, like Big G!

:goodjob2:

Bethy

That's exactly what I was thinking. Also, wasn't there talk a while back (maybe it was on GB.net) about Gerry wanting to take some risks and try some provocative stuff? The religious aspect alone sounds quite provocative to me. In another reader's review I read on amazon.com, the writer warned, "Don't read this if your faith or your stomach is weak" (paraphrase).

I even wonder if he mentioned getting away from the tortured soul roles during the Vegas convention because he'd already tried out for and knew he would be getting the Priest role? A romantic comedy would be just the antidote. But I'd love to see him do this. It sounds perfect for him: Forbidden love, tortured soul, questioning authority and religion -- Go, Gerry, GO!

Cara

There are some groups of 'friends' both those that have met and those that are still cyber...and they are all welcoming...I hope you will give the board a bit more time so that you can experience the fun and friendship that is GALS.Hugs,Barbara

Barbara,

I'm very content with my new friends who are wild about Gerry. ::D:

I was just outside doing a mundane chore, the best time to do fruitful thinking, and a wonderful metaphor came to mind to show all the linkages here.

Circles are infinite,

Hey! Brilliant!! It's like in Dear Frankie, We Are All Conected! :woo:

And yes, Cara!! My son's an avid Manga fan, and filled me in on Priest...and may...Gerry will be around for a while...depending on how the script is written, what period it covers, there are many books (adventures) to this series Anyone for Priest II? III? IV? etc.! :yippee: Can you imagine if it took off as the original Superman movies, etc? :headspin:

This site has synopses of each book in the series. I wonder how many books the movie will cover, and I also hope & pray that the script stays true to the book's themes, although perhaps with some of the gorier aspects left out.

Doesn't this summary of Priest 4 sound tantalizing?!!

http://www.marsimport.com/display_series.php?ID=612

Before Ivan Isaacs became the undead pilgrim who battles Temozarela's forces, he was just a mortal man with the usual human failings. Orphaned at an early age, Ivan was adopted by Jacob Isaacs, a wealthy frontiersman who wanted his only daughter, Jenna, to have a companion. In the solitude of the Isaacs' homestead, the two siblings developed stronger feelings than their father or society would allow. To escape from his desire, Ivan entered seminary, where he found a new interest: the study of ancient religions. Nine years later, Father Ivan Isaacs is still haunted by memories of his true love. But a new figure has begun appearing in his dreams - a knight Templar, a holy defender of the Crusades. Now Ivan stands at a crossroads. One path leads to ancient demons, the other to a forbidden love. Whichever path he chooses will certainly lead to damnation.

Edited by cbyoungnco

But I'd love to see him do this. It sounds perfect for him: Forbidden love, tortured soul, questioning authority and religion -- Go, Gerry, GO!

Cara

Posted Image

:rotflmao:

I'm so excited, I can't control myself!

BETHY

I know this is going off topic but as a Moderator and member of GALS since the start I wanted to address the other issue that is coming up.

It distressed me that anyone feels that their posts or opinions are ignored or not valued here at GALS. There are bound to be differing opinions on some subjects (like what type of movies Gerry should be doing next), and this site is huge and growing very rapidly (we have had more than a 30% increase in membership in just 2 weeks so that is almost unreal). Many of the new members joined in the aftermath of Vegas so while 500+ new people joined there were about 100 people who at that very same time were coming off the high of meeting in Vegas AND seeing Gerry there. I'm afraid the combination of the two may have made some of the new members feel left out, and that is ENTIRELY unintentional. I don't think any of us, including the Admins and Mods, have time to visit every forum on the site - I know I don't. So that means there may well be posts that appear to go unappreciated or unnoticed and I'm very sorry about that. When a new member posts on the Support Center I try to make sure they are welcomed and there are several very new members who have become regular posters there recently. That is kind of the central "getting to know each other and check in" forum here, while the others are more topic-specific.

Yes, there are some people who have formed close friendships here and often may "chat" back and forth to one another quite a bit, but that's part of being FANmily, and I don't think any of them ever intentionally exclude others, even newbies. Just pop in and say "HEY I'm new here and would like to join in your conversation" and 99% of the time you'll be welcomed.

MaNature and tilzey - welcome to GALS. Please try to understand why those who joined recently may have "fallen through the cracks" of being recognized and don't give up trying. MaNature- I honestly don't think anyone meant to disrespect you or your opinions, and I went back through the whole thread and didn't get the impression that anyone was trying to say you had in any way been disrespectful of Gerry. I'm sorry you felt that was happening.

It is quite obvious that some people are going to love this type of movie for Gerry and some are going to hate it. We don't even all have to agree to see every movie he makes. Just because we are fans does not mean we aren't entitled to make our own choices about entertainment, even when it is a movie with Gerry starring. I'm still unsure about Priest, but my vow as a fan has been to see every Gerry movie at least once (or try to) and then decide whether it is worth additional viewings or not. To date I have still not been able to watch all of Shooters - I've watched about 15 minutes of it (yellow towel) and that is actually more than I can stomach. Gerry may make other choices like that in his career, and each of us can make the choice whether we will watch it.

I send welcoming hugs to everyone, whether you agree with me or not. Heaven knows I rarely agree with members of my own family, so members of my FANmily are welcome to disagree with me too!!!

Susan

Nice photo manip, Bethy!

Now that I know more about this role, I expect Gerry to bring a lot of intensity and angst to it - kind of like he did with phantom.

Of course, I think they are going to put him in a fancier priest costume... with a cape... I wonder if he gets to have white hair? And will he have a beard or no? I can see it now... He is as pasty white as the phantom but with long hair like he did in Beowulf... white, of course... It would be a stunning combination.

Oh My Fooking Butler ----- Woman!

Posted Image

:gerrygasm::thud::heat: :spontaneous:

there went 12 years of catholic schooling, straight down the drain LOL :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif :bow2:

Susan, Thank you so much for your wonderful post - you always seem to know exactly what to say. There has been an incredible amount of new members since June 10 and it has been very trying to keep up with everything. So we humbly apologize to anyone who felt slighted or ignored, it's just been crazy lately and it's a new situation for us all. I myself have been struggling so hard to keep up with the influx of pics, news, and daily maintenance of the site that I know I have been lax in posting in many places. So please bear with us while the dust settles.

Hugs & love,

Stef

I don't WANT a PRIEST for crying out loud!

I want to LAUGH!!

I want snoggin -- I want lo down and dirty, squirm in your seat, pass me a yellow towel excuse me for the gerryjuice fill the screen with that yummy pink tongue snoggin dammit... and LOTS of it

<<Leaves thread with a serious POUT>>

I don't WANT a PRIEST for crying out loud!

I want to LAUGH!!

I want snoggin -- I want lo down and dirty, squirm in your seat, pass me a yellow towel excuse me for the gerryjuice fill the screen with that yummy pink tongue snoggin dammit... and LOTS of it

<<Leaves thread with a serious POUT>>

:rotflmao:

That's my girl..

[

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marcia,

I was fortunate enough to be invited to drive up to Seattle with two wonderful women I had not met, in order to see Beowulf & Grendel.

Tilzey, thank you VERY much for your kind welcome and for understanding what I was trying to say. You have given me some food for thought here, and what you have pointed out is probably very valid. You are very likely right in that no one has ignored us intentionally. And I'm sorry that I let anything done UNINTENTIONALLY upset me more than it should have done. I will try to be more understanding in the future.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL time at the Oregon "Tart Jam" next month. If it is the one of the big screen showing of POTO, one of my very dear friends from another obsession (Last of the Mohicans) is going to be there, too. I will have to give you her name so you can say hi to her.

Hope to talk to you again in the future, maybe even about Priest. Even when we don't agree on something. (Believe it or not, I'm fine with that.)

Hugs,

Marcia

Tilzy and Ma Nature...the same thing happens to me...to all of us, actually. That feeling of no one paying attention or caring about our posts.

Please know that you are valued...

There are some groups of 'friends' both those that have met and those that are still cyber...and they are all welcoming...

I hope you will give the board a bit more time so that you can experience the fun and friendship that is GALS.

Hugs,

Barbara

Barbara, thank you very much for your kind words. I'm feeling somewhat better now, and I'm sorry I let my disappointment escalate into feelings of real hurt. I can see after reading your post that this has happened to others and it is not just a case of no one cares about a new member. Of course I can understand that there are friendships here that have already formed, and bonds that have been forged. I would just like to think that there is room for a few more NEW friends, too. I would like to think I'm a good friend to those who get to know me, and I would sure enjoy getting to know some of you a bit better.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Hugs,

Marcia

Just thought I'd put my .02 cents in....

I hope Gerry does do this movie cuz I feel he'd do a wonderful job of it and it's a little different. I've never been much into comic books til Hollywood started making them into movies. It's amazing how the directors and the actors themselves make comics into something totally cool. I don't think he'll be typecasted...he's too talented for that. He's proving to Hollywood he can take whatever they dish out to him and make it work for him. I think if we fans stick together, it'll work out so much better for him.

As for everyone's opinions...everyone is entitled to them, not everyone is going to agree or disagree. Some people may be all for this movie and then see it and dislike it & the same for the ones who oppose it, they may end up liking it.

I'm happy as long as Gerry's happy. He's a wonderful diverse actor. He's a great guy and has a wonderful bunch of fans who are so dedicated to him. I've never seen an actor with such a devoted fanbase as this and it's privelige to be a apart of.

Chelle

Circles are infinite,

[/color][/size]

I love this!!!!

Talk about *We are all connected*....Such synchronicity in this~~~

I was just writing this (the other day? yesterday? well, recently! ::D: )to Swan in the prayers thread....

"I feel that all unfolds in divine right timing~~~ and there has been such a creation of Goodness and Kindness and Grace, which seems to emanate from Gerry and has brought so many souls together in beautiful kinship....as if a sparkling stone was dropped into a still pool....the circle widens and the ripples connect to one another, on and on...and all of our hearts become a part of that stream , flowing and embracing one another, through the ebb and flow of the endless sea of Love, we are ONE.

I have mused on this endlessly ....trying to understand the powerful impact that this journey has had upon my life. Sometimes, I despair of ever finding the "pairrrrfect" words to describe or explain what it means and how I feel about Gerry, about my sisters and brothers here and elsewhere in *Gerry-land* and about the countless blessings I have been given as a gift during this past year and a half. "

Please always know that you are worthy, valued and a very special *link* in the chain of hearts which connects us, one to the other.

xoxoxoxCheri

P.S. I have not thought too much yet about this new role for Gerry.....but, as always, he remains in my heart and in my prayers as he continues upon his path as a *storyteller extraordinairre*.....I know that I will not always love and be moved by everything, everytime....but I will always give anything that he *creates* at least the chance of a first look , no matter what....

xoxoxo

I agree.

No matter what Gerry does, I am behind him 200%.

I don't care if he does "Preparation H" commercials,

:hugs:

Bethy

OK so this is an aside to a serious issue but Bethy the instant image of Gerry doing a "Preparation H" commercial gave me the giggles! Leave it to you to help us all smile. Thanks for the levity. :claphands:

Marcia,

I can empathize with what you've expressed though I have not gone back and read the history of the posts leading up to this, what I consider a pretty serious topic, acceptance. I find it anxiety provoking still, as a relatively outgoing woman in middle age, to be the new kid on the block. I'm also part of GB.net my first Gerry home, and McHeathers a cute little group started here in Houston. But with each new group it felt uncomfortable in a way to begin. Sometimes it was because I felt my posts were being ignored but in fact they were just not the ones to which there were responses. Timing on any site is part of it and part of it may just be that what I said didn't register with anyone or hit folks between the eyes. At each of the sites to which I belong I can tell you EXACTLY the first time I received what I considered my first positive response to a comment I made and at that moment I was instantly a proud 5 year old in kindergarten! Because this whole Gerry thing makes many of us feel emotionally and spiritually vulnerable I think folks often, everywhere at times, want to "speak" to those they already know. I've learned to use what I gleaned from 12 step programs more than 20 + years ago. I take what I like and leave the rest! I also work very hard to not take others people's behavior personally, even if they mean it to be! So Marcia I hope you'll stay here and give GALS a try a bit longer and maybe in the years to come you'll remember this incident, these feelings, with an ironic smile. Take care and my best to you whatever you decide to do!

Ardeth