Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry in Negotiations to Star in "Priest"

Guest greyeyegoddess

Wow Marcia, now that you have shared some very intimate details about yourself, we can find connections with one another.

Marcia, I know you are not the only one who felt as you did-you can see above this post. I've had quite a few gals confide in me the exact feelings and I keep saying, just hang in there. Heck I felt like that at times, but then I think, Wait a minute, unless I'm out there responding to as many people as I can, how can I expect others to do the same? How can I make the connections if I'm not putting myself out there? We all want to be included and make friendships, especially at difficult times in our lives, where we need others the most. One of the nice things about this site is that the admins do welcome each new member. If a new member introduces herself or himself, I go right in and welcome them.

One of the things that did help a few of the gals was coming to Vegas. I know not everyone can do that, but afterwards, I know that those same gals don't feel left out anymore. If there are get togethers in your area, try to make an effort to see the gals face to face. That type of connection helps ALOT! I know I made more friends meeting the gals than just talking to them online. As this site and others grow, there will always be great support if you have a group nearby.

Another thing I try really hard to do is to think about what I'm saying in a post, not just react right away. Many times something will get my nerves going and I just want to write the first thing that comes to mind...which might be taken the wrong way. I use the "preview post" button many, MANY times in all my forums, because it give me chance to really see how my post is going to look. As a writer, I change my thoughts all the time. That's a good thing, because it gives me a chance to cool down a bit and think logically (please, I'm not accusing anyone of not thinking logically).

We all can help each other by letting others know that we need the help. This is a great support group that supports Gerry in the end.

Love ya Gerry!

~alice

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Marcia, now that you have shared some very intimate details about yourself, we can find connections with one another.

Marcia, I know you are not the only one who felt as you did-you can see above this post. I've had quite a few gals confide in me the exact feelings and I keep saying, just hang in there. Heck I felt like that at times, but then I think, Wait a minute, unless I'm out there responding to as many people as I can, how can I expect others to do the same? How can I make the connections if I'm not putting myself out there? We all want to be included and make friendships, especially at difficult times in our lives, where we need others the most. One of the nice things about this site is that the admins do welcome each new member. If a new member introduces herself or himself, I go right in and welcome them.

One of the things that did help a few of the gals was coming to Vegas. I know not everyone can do that, but afterwards, I know that those same gals don't feel left out anymore. If there are get togethers in your area, try to make an effort to see the gals face to face. That type of connection helps ALOT! I know I made more friends meeting the gals than just talking to them online. As this site and others grow, there will always be great support if you have a group nearby.

Another thing I try really hard to do is to think about what I'm saying in a post, not just react right away. Many times something will get my nerves going and I just want to write the first thing that comes to mind...which might be taken the wrong way. I use the "preview post" button many, MANY times in all my forums, because it give me chance to really see how my post is going to look. As a writer, I change my thoughts all the time. That's a good thing, because it gives me a chance to cool down a bit and think logically (please, I'm not accusing anyone of not thinking logically).

We all can help each other by letting others know that we need the help. This is a great support group that supports Gerry in the end.

Love ya Gerry!

~alice

Thank you for the nice post, Alice. I appreciate your understanding and your help. Yes, I know that meeting each other face to face changes the group dynamics completely. As a matter of fact, I have been to get-togethers. Here in Florida, we had one in April for a Film Festival showing of Beowulf and Grendel. It was lovely, and I enjoyed it very much. We are also having a big screen showing of POTO in about 2 weeks that I'm truly looking forward to. AND, most exciting of all, I just signed up today for the 2007 Convention in Scotland. I'm all in favor of getting involved. As a consequence, I feel even more connected to the Tarts who went to B & G, and who are going to the POTO event, and to Scotland. But I just wasn't experiencing any luck here with this group.

I do use the preview button for every single post, reading and RE-reading, hoping to make sure my meaning is clear.

I have heard the "hang in there" thing from several of you and have decided to do just that. Hopefully, I will soon feel more a part of the family here. I'll do my best.

Thanks again for letting me hear from you. It helps a lot!

Hugs,

Marcia

But I'd love to see him do this. It sounds perfect for him: Forbidden love, tortured soul, questioning authority and religion -- Go, Gerry, GO!

Cara

Posted Image

:rotflmao:

I'm so excited, I can't control myself!

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

BETHY

Oh my God !!!! :pant: (read double meaning here!!)!!!!!!!

And me a GAL who graduated (without honours) from an all girls school run by Catholic sisters,

the thoughts and secret desires I'm having.....................

Guess I just love a man in a skirt, or a kilt, or is the easy access?

:fook: Did I just say that? Yes, I did!!! :ohbaby2: :thud:

Cailleach (the :fook: up)

WOW this is a very Longgggggg new thread!! I only read about the priest thing yesterday

So my 2 cents (your getting it weather you want it or not)

I think this roll is gonna be great for Gerry he will be coming off the 300 BUZZ and this roll will throw him back into the limelight.

In my opinion he needs to be more known in Hollywood before we see the Rom-coms at the moment I'd say he is being offered the medicore rom-coms and Hey that's just not good enough.

When He is HOT hollywood properity then we will see Gerry expand his verse, I think at the moment he is doing the right thing when it flops leave out the neener neener neener's

Gerry is not Hugh Grant(or insert general rom-commer here) he does have a wide range and I love that about him but I think he is riding the comic book wave for all its worth then we will see the diverse Gerry we love come about.

Of course I'm probably completely of the mark here but who cares GERRY as a priest (thank you for the man nip Stef :heat: ) a sexy, sweaty, dusty, frustated........pass the yello towel please spot :pant:

Hold the rom-com Gerry fighting evil all the way ...............my Hero!!!!!

Tom Hanks rocks in my opinion!! Fi it's cool you think he's as wooden as a plank, we all can't be the same!

Marcia sweetie :wave: I feel bad that you felt left out but Doll I honestly have rarely seen you around so I apologise if I ever ignored your posts! I'm on a completely different time zone so I post after everything happens, like now is my first time in this thread :doh: This is a great place to be and seriously start off in the SC it's were 90% of us check in when we get here, after voting of course, and we have a grumble a moan or tell of all the great things happening in our day to day!!

I do hope you settle here and always give your opinions where appropiate(no bashing :lol: ) I thought all your points were valid and I was going to reply with my TOM HANKS rocks statement to you but alas I was late for the party!!

Hope to see you all over the boards

Hugs

Celine aka snap xx

Greetings dearest Marcia....

I am pretty new to GALS myself and I wanted to say Hi and send you ginormous hugs and hopes that we will all get to know one another better as time goes on....I am just so *grateful* for all of the love and blessings I have been given as a treasured *gift* as a result of the friendships I have made out in **Gerryland** (here and elsewhere ::D: )...and I wish an *abundance of the same* for you...and~ always~! many dreams come true and happily ever afters!!

xoxoxoCheri

Edited by gypsygirllovesgerry

Tom Hanks rocks in my opinion!! Fi it's cool you think he's as wooden as a plank, we all can't be the same!

Absolutely. I have never thought that my opinion should change someone else's (does that make sense?). One man's meat is another man's poison, and all that.

There are plenty of actors whose careers make me shake my head (as in, *why* do people keep hiring that person) ... and no one is going to look at the same performance and see the same thing.

Absolutely. I have never thought that my opinion should change someone else's (does that make sense?). One man's meat is another man's poison, and all that.

There are plenty of actors whose careers make me shake my head (as in, *why* do people keep hiring that person) ... and no one is going to look at the same performance and see the same thing.

Absa-friggin-loutely!!!!!

Makes perfect sense to me!!!

Hey Gals!

A reminder: please do not quote entire and very long posts in your replies.

It uses much bandwidth and is difficult for many of the dial-up gals.

If you can just trim down to the salient part, that would be very much appreciated! Posted Image

Your humble Mod Squad thanks you! :bounce:

Hugs,

Barb

Hey Gals!

A reminder: please do not quote entire and very long posts in your replies.

It uses much bandwidth and is difficult for many of the dial-up gals...........

Your humble Mod Squad thanks you!

Hugs,

Barb

Sorry bout that... :bonk:

Your wish is my command, fearless leader!!!

xoxoxCheri the long winded wonder :rotflmao:

This is a great place to be and seriously start off in the SC it's were 90% of us check in when we get here, after voting of course ,

Snap ~ I swear if I wasn't already married and a woman I'd ask you to marry me!!! LOL!

This is the 3rd time I think I've seen you mention "VOTING FOR GALS!" :clap:

Hi! Everybody! :wave:

Wow! Bethy! Your priest manip is HOT!

:ohbaby2:

I'm excited.

Everyone knows.

So for now, I'm just posting my Priest Gerry again.

Posted Image

I know, I'll be making more Priest manips in the coming weeks.

Maybe with the collar, leather pants, a motorcycle, and a crossbow! :heat:

Coming Soon to a Gutter near you.. MopBoy Ivan!!!

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

Guest greyeyegoddess

Yes, I know that meeting each other face to face changes the group dynamics completely. As a matter of fact, I have been to get-togethers. Here in Florida, we had one in April for a Film Festival showing of Beowulf and Grendel. It was lovely, and I enjoyed it very much. We are also having a big screen showing of POTO in about 2 weeks that I'm truly looking forward to. AND, most exciting of all, I just signed up today for the 2007 Convention in Scotland.

That's sooooo great! It's so exciting to meet up with other fans. It most definitely fuels the fires of GALS. You know you are not crazy, nor alone in your feelings when you look down the rows at a Gerry movie screening and see others who feel the same way you do. I always love to hear "I've NEVER done anything like this before!" from fans. I just giggle inside and watch them as they make their way into Gerry-dom.

I look forward to meeting with our local group all the time. We have a lot of fans in our area, and each fan is very special to me. Sometimes there are big group activities like watching Beowulf this weekend, and sometimes it's just a few fans getting together.

I hope to see you in Scotland---if I make it! I'm still paying for Colorado. Why can't they do one thing at a time? Geez! I'm not made of money! LOL! I need a new career!

Gerry will be good at whatever he does. One day he'll make a movie that I'll just say to myself "Why?" but when I see the pictures from the movie (or all those great videos like 300), it will get me excited to see what he does with the role. I've yet to be disappointed in his choices. They do get better and better.

~alice

Edited by greyeyegoddess

Whoa.........."jumping into the Gerry Juice pool"

Wow, my head is spinning from all the posts........... :funnyface:

Marcia, welcome to GALS, I'm a virgin myself.....oops, sorry, wrong word.....I'm a newbie myself and everyone here has been quite welcoming of my crazy self. I've personally not met any of these fine ladies and gents, (something I hope to remedy someday...) but I feel like I know them. Yea, go to the support center....great, fun, crazy place!

As far as the movie goes.....I'm a little intrigued with the whole idea. I bet it will be something worth going to see. We of course know Gerry will bring it on and do a fanatic job at sucking us right into his soul. You know, we never know what's going through Gerry's mind at the time he's reading scripts. This story may have touched a nerve or feeling that he's been longing to explore or express. Just a thought....

And yes, I would like to see him do a romantic comedy...not cheesy, something classy like Sleepless in Seattle or While You Were Sleeping.....love those!

Bethy, love the pic! Can you imagine discussing sex with him when it sex education day at school!! Ha! "Um, Father, can you please demonstrate?!" Hehehehe

Take care everyone and keep posting, voting, drooling, snogging, etc....

Guest greyeyegoddess

:funnypost:

Yeah, I'm one of those that need :whip: harsh reminders to vote....sorry... :doh:

I'm really intrigued with Gerry playing a priest. I didn't grow up catholic and only know what I know from an outsider's point of view. I know it's going to be a character struggle to be portray that type and Gerry's the man who can play conflicted characters SO WELL!

Go Gerry Go!

~alice

Is this the same story? or am I having a blonde moment?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110889/

No, Cailleach, I don't think so.

Stef posted this info below about Gerry's 'Priest' movie.

Here's some pics & lotsa info about the comic book "Priest": http://www.domas-porada.co.uk/main.php?id=...s&nav=Nav_Issue

I like this look the best - it'll be interesting to see how our sexy man pulls this off:

Posted Image

Oh and this is interesting - a synopsis of "Priest": In the frontier of the American West, a veil of evil threatens to engulf humanity. Servants of the fallen archangel Temozarela are paving the way for their dark lord's resurrection. One man stands in the way of the Apocalypse - Ivan Isaacs - a fallen priest who sold his soul to the devil Belial for the power to fight evil. Armed with a wicked blade and silver bullets, Ivan will give the heretics a baptism of blood in his pilgrimage for humanity's redemption.

Oh and more interesting backstory - forbidden love! Before Ivan Isaacs became the undead pilgrim who battles Temozarela's forces, he was just a mortal man with the usual human failings. Orphaned at an early age, Ivan was adopted by Jacob Isaacs, a wealthy frontiersman who wanted his only daughter, Gena, to have a companion. In the solitude of the Isaacs' homestead, the two siblings developed stronger feelings than their father or society would allow. To escape his desire, Ivan entered seminary, where he found a new interest: the study of ancient religions. Nine years later, Father Ivan Isaacs is still haunted by memories of his true love. But a new figure has begun appearing in his dreams - a knight Templar, a holy defender of the crusades. Now Ivan stands at a crossroads. One path leads to ancient demons, the other to a forbidden love. Whichever path he chooses will certainly lead to damnation.

Um, Bethy ... I think we're gonna need a "confessional" in the Gutter!!!

Whatever role Gerry wants Gerry should get. I'd go see any movie he was in. There have been a couple I didn't particularly care for but I bought them anyway. I think he is a very good actor. And a wonderful human being.

I'm one of those GALS members who mostly reads the posts and only occasionally posts comments. The number of lurkers and readers far surpasses the number of posters. I met a couple of lovely ladies in Vegas who said they read the board but don't post. So just cause you don't see a written response doesn't mean your post wasn't appreciated.

Carrie

:dance: hey, Carrie! Good to see you post! :lolita:

Yes, I lurked around GALS for quite a while before I declared

I have GALS and I don't want a cure!! :lol:

I'm one of those GALS members who mostly reads the posts and only occasionally posts comments. The number of lurkers and readers far surpasses the number of posters.

I fall into this group. I'm more of a lurker than a poster. Which is probably a good thing, since I visit at night,

and half the time can barely string together a sentence. :lol:

Bethy,

Do not lead us down the path of temptation. :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

great manip :tasty:

Thanks Zanie,

That takes concern away. I was afraid he was mixed up in another one of those horrible 'remakes'.

Slap me twice, Gerard doesn't sell out.

Luv him all the more,

Cailleach

Posted Image

:humina:

Oh Bethy,

Please, not fair, not fair!!!! :cry:

Too, too tiny, must have large size pix, of all your priestly creations..............

This catholic girl is on her knees, pleading, please.................

Cailleach

::D: Well, I love Gerry's work! I will not however, buy a movie, just because he is in it. I want him to be very successful. :wub: I think he deserves the best. :yippee:

I hope his choices are sound and boost him to the top. He can do whatever in my book. I respect his work, and his heart for the effort. :claphands: I hope this choice gives him the recognition he deserves. I agree with the comedy. I would love to see his funny side on the big screen. I feel he would shine, and would have loads of fun doing it. :funnyface:

:bonk:

:whome2: