Gerard Butler GALS

Halfway Around the World and Back

CAT! :tissues: That's so great...I'm so in love with your rendition of the evening, those twenty or so minutes that meant so much to all of us.

100 ladies move forward in a wave and as I look at him, Gerry gets on the podium and sees us coming, hesitates and takes a huge step back. We all see it, and .... stop... right where we are. I have never seen anything like it. We just felt his unease and we stopped.... all at once.... all together.

Now THIS is interesting...I was way in the back, and moved up slower than most, so I didn't see it. I would have done the same thing in taking a huge step back...but I LOVE how everyone stopped like that. Sent him the right message, I do believe.

I love his embarrassed grin when he first walked in.

In Sporran's video, if you turn up the volume or have on earphones, you can hear an interesting exchange...when Tonya first goes to get him. She says something through the curtain, and you can hear this certain male voice saying, "No....!" In a timid, i'm-not-sure-this-is-a-great-idea way...hence his apprehension! I love how he talked about how strange it was to show up at a convention in his name...he was clearly so overwhelmed when he first walked in. And then just before he left, he told us his heart was actually beating quite normally, as he'd calmed down and was now comfortable with us.

I remember now, after reading your account Cat, that it crossed my mind momentarily if the surge forward scared the h*** out of him. I recall the hesitation but couldn't put it into words the way you did. I'm sure it occurred to him that he might actually get mobbed when he came out. Poor guy. I know we laugh and joke about tackling him and that what a thrill it must be to have all these women lusting after you but the reality is it must scare the crap out of him. I hope we put him at ease that we do truly adore him and wouldn't want to do anything that would actually scare or harm him.

Mel, I didn't realize that exchange between him and Tonya had occurred. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

What a night that was... :inlove:

That is the main reason I held back once he got up on the stage. A few people have asked me why I did not *tackle* him, or why I did not immediately throw my arms around him. The truth is, I wanted him to feel in control, and I said within myself..."I won't touch him, unless he invites me to."

It's funny, Cat, but reading your perspective reminded me of my train of thought when he did invite me to get a hug. I was trying to decide the proper way to hug this man, and I recall thinking.... "not too closely, Give him his space." So I purposefully held back.

I know some of you were puzzled by my reserve, but it just seemed the right thing for him.

Then of course in retrospect, I want to kick myself for NOT hugging him tighter... but what you don't see in the pics or videos, is that my arms were trembling as they wrapped around him.

What a night, indeed.

Swan

Edited by Swansong

I was trying to decide the proper way to hug this man, and I recall thinking.... "not too closely, Give him his space." So I purposefully held back.

Swan, I'm just so amazed you even had your wits about you to think that! The second I was on stage, all thought...wait, let me quote Phantom:

"Past the thought of if or when."

Indeed, that was me. But not in a PONR sexual way, not by any means, my bloody emotions took over. I don't even remember if I walked straight into his embrace or if he pulled me into it.

So, w00t to you for your clarity of mind!

Jill, listen to the video with earphones...it really is quite interesting! But make sure you turn it down before he enters and "the crowd goes wild," because then you'd be deaf. :lol:

Cat, you saw and felt things I didn't notice - I will try to post my side of this over the weekend.

I'm still running into the opera in the evening ::D:

I got a massage today and I had sent the woman a couple of pics from Vegas and from Gerry.

The first thing she said today was. "Oh my, your Gerry Butler is really gorgeous. I think he is the best looking man I have ever seen. Its exactly my type. If I did meet him in person, I would melt on the spot." ::D:

Ah Risa. A budding convert it seems.

Make sure she sees Phantom or Dear Frankie soon. That oughta set the hook juuuuuuust right. :kisswink:

Swan, you were pairfect up on stage. Don't for a moment think you should have done anything differently. Honestly, I think if you had gone overboard, we probably wouldn't have gotten him to stay for so long. And Mel, your reaction was perfect and priceless as well. You both made all of us proud to be fellow GALS.

Cat, I can't wait for your next entry. You are a fabulous writer. I'm reliving it all over again.

You know, I re-read what I wrote. It's interesting because I would have done the same Swan. I knew he would be very skittish and he did have to be in control. You are absolutely right about that and I think you did the right thing. I think Gerry was nervous because I could see his hand which was down under the podium and on his leg, shaking. He covered it well but it was so cute and honest. He calmed when you got up there.

Abs: You were wonderful up there. He looked so pleased at your reaction, so real. I was watching carefully because I could see so well.

It's interesting because I just read the notes of the video. At some places where there is too much noise there is the interchange between him and I about his long hair in Beowulf and him not being a precious actor saying "Oh a strand of my hair is in my face" and me responding "Just one strand ..." and his giggle. I remember that so clearly. It's emblazoned in my brain.

Oh and that look when he said Lolita was so cute, I have a photo just as he said cute, it's the one on the second slide of (on the right) my siggy and I love that look.

I'm glad you like my rendition. I'm not the greatest writer technically, I just write what I feel as I feel it and think it. It's not as elequent as Swans writing but I enjoy doing it.

I will write more after Risa's reminisences.

Hugs to all

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

::D: Cat what a busy busy gal you have been. You should print out your own journal and read it when ever you feel down. :headspin: Just reading all your amazing posts are making me think you are wonder woman. For what its worth I am soo happy that you GALS got to meet/see Gerry.

Edited by aussiepamjam

Abs: You were wonderful up there. He looked so pleased at your reaction, so real. I was watching carefully because I could see so well.

*lets out deep breath* Thanks, Cat. I couldn't tell one thing from another that whole time! :hearts::hugs:

It's interesting because I just read the notes of the video. At some places where there is too much noise there is the interchange between him and I about his long hair in Beowulf and him not being a precious actor saying "Oh a strand of my hair is in my face" and me responding "Just one strand ..." and his giggle. I remember that so clearly. It's emblazoned in my brain.

That is adorable! Completely missed that myself, hooray for new tidbits! I adore that giggle, adds such a boyish charm to his masculinity.

Well Hellooo Pammie, nice to see you here... big ginormous hugs m'dear.

Yes, Mel, I also adore that giggle. That he giggled on something I said... that is forever precious. We all have some wonderful memories even though we were not as fortunate as you and Mousie, and believe me, I am happy and it is enough. We shared with you and your delightful sister those interchanges and it was a great feeling. I just felt so proud of you.... so pleased. I can still hear Mousie call "She's my little sister..." so cute.

You know, it is lovely to relive these moments. They make me stronger.

Hugs

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

We shared with you and your delightful sister those interchanges and it was a great feeling. I just felt so proud of you.... so pleased. I can still hear Mousie call "She's my little sister..." so cute.

Hugs

Cat

I know what you mean, Cat...they make me stronger as well, make me remember that sometimes, the improbable DOES happen.

I think that's the only time Mousie's been proud to be my older sister....LOL! I'm KIDDING, Mousie! At least, I'm hoping I'm kidding.....right?? :cry: :kisswink: (i'm a bit of a pain, what can i say?)

We shared with you and your delightful sister those interchanges and it was a great feeling. I just felt so proud of you.... so pleased. I can still hear Mousie call "She's my little sister..." so cute.

Hugs

Cat

I know what you mean, Cat...they make me stronger as well, make me remember that sometimes, the improbable DOES happen.

I think that's the only time Mousie's been proud to be my older sister....LOL! I'm KIDDING, Mousie! At least, I'm hoping I'm kidding.....right?? :cry: :kisswink: (i'm a bit of a pain, what can i say?)

Yeah, I...HEY!

I have two you could have. :lol:

I LOVED the fact that there were sisters together at the convention. I would love to be able to share something like this with my sisters. But alas, not in this lifetime. Oh well. I met one set of sisters that I believe were in their sixties and they were as gaga over Gerry as anybody else I saw. It was great.

Edited by discoveringme