Gerard Butler GALS

When Precience can't help

Terry's Witch

As many of you may know, I have been working very hard on a project over the past year and a bit. It was under great pressure from our senior leadership and, as a change manager, I spent a lot of time talking to people about the issue, educating them, and also about 9 months of in-depth research. It took them along on the journey, but they went apparently unwillingly.

The Vegas Con was my reward to myself for finishing the major product of the whole Project and it went to the senior leadership on the 7th June while I was away. They didn't reject it, they *ahem* "sent it to the working group". In other words a death sentence. Cowards!

Without going into too much detail, the whole thing was about occupational health and safety and would have made a lasting difference to safety within my very large organisation (over 80,000 people). It appears my senior leadership talk the talk but have feet of clay.

Now it seems I am looking for a new job. I can no longer abide by the hypocracy. I have options of course but a year of my life was wasted because I believed..... and they didn't.

Yesterday I was very angry, spent most of the day fighting angry tears. Today I am more calm but very dissapointed and sad.

After the con, I have the strength to go on. And more importantly, I am more myself today than I was anytime in the weeks before the con. For that I thank you all.

However, I cannot tell anyone but my family how I feel and I need some good thoughts sent to the universe for a positive outcome either in my job sphere or, may the heavens please look down mercifully, that something comes out of the hat to make a change in the current mindset of the senior leadership.

Love you all and thanks for listening,

Cat

Cat,

Wow..........I'm so sorry............. (what's wrong with those people??!!??)

I am sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way and hoping for the best possible outcome for you.

Marianne

Edited by celadon2

As many of you may know, I have been working very hard on a project over the past year and a bit. It was under great pressure from our senior leadership and, as a change manager, I spent a lot of time talking to people about the issue, educating them, and also about 9 months of in-depth research. It took them along on the journey, but they went apparently unwillingly.

The Vegas Con was my reward to myself for finishing the major product of the whole Project and it went to the senior leadership on the 7th June while I was away. They didn't reject it, they *ahem* "sent it to the working group". In other words a death sentence. Cowards!

Without going into too much detail, the whole thing was about occupational health and safety and would have made a lasting difference to safety within my very large organisation (over 80,000 people). It appears my senior leadership talk the talk but have feet of clay.

Now it seems I am looking for a new job. I can no longer abide by the hypocracy. I have options of course but a year of my life was wasted because I believed..... and they didn't.

Yesterday I was very angry, spent most of the day fighting angry tears. Today I am more calm but very dissapointed and sad.

After the con, I have the strength to go on. And more importantly, I am more myself today than I was anytime in the weeks before the con. For that I thank you all.

However, I cannot tell anyone but my family how I feel and I need some good thoughts sent to the universe for a positive outcome either in my job sphere or, may the heavens please look down mercifully, that something comes out of the hat to make a change in the current mindset of the senior leadership.

Love you all and thanks for listening,

Cat

Cat,

I hope you soon find peace from this conflict, I can feel your pain about this.

Anna

Wow, Cat.... that sucks! For you to have put forth so much effort and passion on a project, and then to have things turn out like this. I am truly sorry.

I will definitely expend some energy praying for your situation in my own way. And I do know what you mean about Vegas... there was something empowering about being with our friends and celebrating our man all together. Hang on to that Cat, and come here when you need support from your sisters!

Love ya!

Swan

Marianne, Anna, Bonnie, thanks so much. You don't know how much your responses mean to me. Or maybe you do.

Swan, you are right, I will hang on to the feeling. Maybe it is time I take another look at my own dreams, and take a leaf out of our mans book and follow it.

Your support is wonderful,

Hugs

Cat

Oh, Cat, I can understand how frustrated you are. You feel like you wasted a year of your life that you can never reclaim. However, if you were paid for your efforts, and if they continue to value the job you do, maybe....just maybe....some compromises might be made that will make your work more acceptable to the higher ups without totally discarding your proposals. If your work is on the back burner, is it possible that you might revive it, perhaps with minor revisions, and present it to the big wigs a few months down the road? After they have some time to really consider your good ideas, they might be more open to change. (Change comes very hard for many people, whether it is for the good, or not.) I only suggest this because I know how hard you have worked to get to where you are with this company. And it is so stressful to start over at a new job, from square one, having to work yourself up the seniority ladder.

In any event, I will keep you in my prayers.

Your friend,

Libby

Cat!

First of all, a big squishy hug. :hug99:

Oh, I am sorry that this presentation was not taken to action.

:whip: to big business!

You are understanably angry...you're greiving for the hard work, your heart and soul was poured into that. You believed in your report, so you are mourning.

You are a very competent and a caring woman and I know you'll land a terrific new job; but it is such a shame that the hypocricy of the company is forcing you to make the choice to leave.

I wish I could be more eloquent, since I am really bummed for you.

You have your GALS gals behind you for support and encouragement. :rose:

Hugs,

Barb

Oh Cat... that's horrible to spend so much time on a project and have it turn out this way. What is wrong with those people? I will pray that you find something that will be a much better place for you.

Hugs to you Cat!!

Oh Libby, Barb, Jen, tears in eyes *sniff*

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

Libby, yes, I have thought about waiting to see. There may be one option worth pursuing. I am wondering if it is worth it. In the meantime, I will look to see what is available.

Barb: Thanks. I wish I could take that lashing emoticon and actually make it work in real life LOL *sigh*

Jen, a nicer place would be good.

Thanks so much for your thoughts, they help a great deal and I must say, more than I expected.

Thanks heaps GALS

Hey Cat,

((Hugs)) Sweetie.

I'm terriblely sorry that all your work appears to be wasted on the people who have the 'real' power to make it a reality. Truly life is unfair!

However, I celebrate the work you did, because of the great intgerity and faith with which you approached the task, performed it, and stuck to it. You gave it your all in the process of completing it. :cheer::clap: for your great accomplishment! I believe your work and effort will reap blessing in your life, which have yet to be seen. In the meantime, I will pray that someday, the work you did will come to fruition and benefit those who it was meant to help.

Cat, no matter which way you go from here or what you decide to do, I will gladly support you with my prayers, positive thoughts, good wishes, etc. You deserve the very best for yourself, so please vent all you need and take comfort in how much I and all the GALS care about you and all you do in your life.

Keep us updated. :hug99: and luv,

Linda

Edited by givemeabeach

Cat - I'm so sorry about this whole situation for you. No matter what you end up deciding to do, you need to know in your heart that the work you did was important. It was not a waste of a year. Maybe, at some point, they will see it that way. So often, the higher-ups just lose sight of the bigger picture before them for the sake of either saving money now only to waste it in the future or because they are afraid to take a stand on an issue. I hope they grow a spine but in the meantime, maybe your proposal will still see the light of day at some point.

You know that we are with you giving you support in whatever you decide. :comfort:

And :fook: to the spineless jellyfish!

Cat what the hell is wrong with ppl? From the briefest of times we spent together I could see what a wonderful and dedicated person with brilliant ideas you are.

A year of your life was not wasted think of all you learned and the skill set you can now bring to the same job or a different one!

I firmly believe that things happen for a reason only the dude upstairs can tell you why! This is a sucky thing to happen but bigger things are waiting for you and you will be recongised!!

Big booby squishy huggles

C xx

:hug99: Cat, I really respect you for standing up for your work and more what YOU believe in and not the company! That in itself tells me that you are an awesome woman, you should have your own business! This last year didn't go to waste, I have a feeling that something great is going to result from this. . .it will make a difference. Some people are just more stubborn than others, and it may take time but trust me. . .what you did will not be forgotten. Good will come of this Cat, believe it will. :kisswink:

I am sending hugs your way and many good thoughts with prayers!

Diana

:tantrum: :whip: :whip: :whip: to all those brickheaded people - I know you were doing an excellent job, Cat.

Thinking of you and hopefully we can talk today.

Hugs

Risa

:cry: Sorry Cat that you are looking for another job..

They must be :bonk: to have knocked back your project but you know I believe things here are only going to get worse with the new IR crap that been put in place. Australia workplaces are changing and not for the better. :whip:

Haven't been around much... shite happening here too!!

:funnyface: Must be catching or the time of the year...

I say let it all out - :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: might make you feel better.. a bit of screaming!!

I can't imagine how much work you have put in but at least you can say to yourself that you gave it your very best and they are just to ignorant to see out of their a....es!!!

Cat, you are still admired and respected here.. :kiss:

Edited by aussierose

You know GALS, all your advice is very good. I did learn something during this difficult year, but maybe not what people expected. What I did learn is that politics is the game and I don't like it and don't want to play it.

On a positive note, you have all had me thinking. And Celine, Fee, maybe you are right and it is time I go out on my own again. I did it for a while about 6 years ago and loved it.

Through a friend, I have an interview with a consulting firm that hires out project Managers at about 30-50% more than what I have been earning. So I will go tomorrow and see what is on offer.

You all have no idea how much your support means to me, especially now I actually have met and hugged most of you. You are wonderful ladies.

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU

Cat

Through a friend, I have an interview with a consulting firm that hires out project Managers at about 30-50% more than what I have been earning. So I will go tomorrow and see what is on offer.

:woo: I hope this works out for you, Cat. Go get em'. :bounce:

• 2 weeks later...

Cat/TW...Sorry for the job woes. My heart does go out to you because my husband hates aspect of his job frequently, especially when the Quagmire politics game comes in and in order to even survive you HAVE to play the game which is why its so frustrating!!

You know GALS, all your advice is very good. I did learn something during this difficult year, but maybe not what people expected. What I did learn is that politics is the game and I don't like it and don't want to play it.

You are right about that!

However, I saw you had an Interview with the opportunity to make more money too? That's good! Tell us how it went! I know you will find something that suits you just fine and can be something you enjoy as well!! Everything happens for a reason and it seems you now have a clearer head on your shoulders. It sure does stink while you are going through it though, doesn't it?

But you've got friends here to listen!! Go get 'em now , girl!!!

Thanks rush. I have now three job applications in and I will get some results shortly and will let you know.

Each day I am feeling a bit better about the move, scarey though it is. I guess it had to be. It seems the universe is providing a bit of a helping hand.

I will keep you informed of progress.

Hugs

Cat

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. I find that the unknown can be quite frightening..........but I'm happy to hear about your job applications.

Best of luck to you Cat.

And please keep us posted.

Marianne

• 2 weeks later...