Gerard Butler GALS

OK... I already wrote it... so why not post it....???

I know I'm rather new here... well not actually new, but I lurked a lot and didn't post much and I decided to come to Vegas at the last minute... and I didn't have an one on one encounter with Gerry... but I hope it's OK to post my adventures here anyway.... After reading some of the other reports I realise that I have so much more in common with some of you than just being in love with Gerry. I am surprised how many Star Trek fans are among us. Maybe we should plan going to the ST Experience as a big group next year...

OK... so much for that. Here is my report. I hope it's not too long.... :kisswink: And this is the SHORT version.... :kisswink: And please forgive me if I don't mention some of you I spent time with by name... My brain still hasn't quite recovered from the trip but I had fun with you all, you know who you are.

Please click on the pics if you want to see a bigger version of them.

Las Vegas…. City where your dreams may come true…. Dreams like watching a movie that hasn’t been out in the US yet… dreams like dancing on a Vegas stage… dreams like living your favorite TV show or favorite movie…. And even the dream of meeting your favorite celebrity… actor… singer… entertainer (or all of the above…)

When I found out about the GALS cony, I didn’t really want to go…. I knew I’d have to fly and I am so afraid of flying… But I had a feeling I wouldn’t regret going, no matter if Gerry showed up or not.

And so I boarded a Delta flight from Cincinnati to Las Vegas on June 8th, 2006 and after several minor panic attacks arrived at the Las Vegas airport….

Day 1 - June 8th - Viva Las Vegas….

At the airport I met Susan and we shared a cab to our hotel, the Sahara. They made us walk about a mile to get to our cab... but oh well, it was fun anyway and the adrenaline keeps you going for quite a while.

I was not thrilled with my room. I had ordered non-smoking but of course I had gotten a smoking room. I had a nice view to the Star Trek Experience Hilton though… funny, since I’m a Trekkie (even though I am much less one since I got into Gerry…)

Susan and I met up for dinner and since we couldn’t find any other gals we just hung out and chatted about Gerry for the rest of the evening… And yeah... had some fun with Mr. Gerry Wonderful (is that what he is called?) and... ehem... caugh... caugh... a plush camel.... :rotflmao: I had a great time!!!

About 2 AM Pam, Susan's roommate came back from a show and I decided to leave… Didn't sleep before 3AM though.... the Gerry hour.... :kisswink:

Day 2 - June 9th - Famous By Association

Posted Image

I couldn’t sleep so I gave up on that and just got up early…

The convention took place in a ballroom in our hotel. I registered and mixed and mingled with fellow Gerry fans and met up with Ashley, Wendy and Cheryl from "The Butler Did It". I love those girls….

Then there was this guy video filming… (He actually was rather cute… young, in his 20ies I would guess, and very tall…) We were wondering what was going on, so Dayna introduced him as Jereme who is employed by Gerry and is doing a documentary on us fans for Gerry…. Many gals took the chance and spoke short messages to Gerry into the camera but I chickened out. I really don’t like attention on me and I knew my time of fame would come (and the thought of that actually put a knot in my stomach….)

Posted Image

Of course Jereme was asked if he knew if Gerry would show up and apparently he said that Gerry wouldn’t because he had hurt his back and needed therapy. That really made me sad because not only wouldn’t Gerry appear, the reason was rather worrisome (and surely painful for our hot Scot…) But here and then rumors were spoken out that Gerry was in Vegas and would show up… I tried not to listen to any of it but yet… I hoped….

Friday night we had a talent competition and I had signed up for it. Since I know a bit of Irish Step dancing I figured I can show that off… I’m a person who likes challenges so I had chosen the most difficult dance which I can’t always do right… the Reel. Knowing that I would be filmed I practiced as much as I could but still was nervous I would screw up… I was such a nervous wreck… the possibility of Gerry showing up… being filmed dancing (for Gerry…)…

The talent show started delayed because the original idea was that Tonya, Gerry’s personal assistant would have a question and answer session that night, but it didn’t work out… The whole deal was just weird and I thought something was up…. Which of course made me even more nervous….

When the talent show started my stomach really turned in to a knot because the other contestants were soooo good! There were all singers with great voices… sopranos singing just beautifully… And there was me a beginner Irish dancer… I told the organiser Jenn to put me right in the middle because my talent was so different than the others (all singers, I was the only dancer…) I was so nervous when it was my turn. Jenn pushed the microphone in my hand and told me to introduce myself a bit. Now here would have been the perfect chance to get a message to Gerry in… but I didn’t even think about that…..LOL… I just said where I’m from and to forgive me if I screw up since I’m still a beginner… I asked the Irish in the audience to forgive me… esp. since I was German…. That got some laughs…. Phew…. I guess I’m not that bad of an entertainer after all… and hey, this is Vegas, right? Everybody can be an entertainer here, right?

So the music starts playing… I tried not to think of the camera… I was so nervous… First part of the step went well… But the second part… the one I always have problems with… I realized right away that I made a mistake and started improvising big time. (Gosh… was I embarrassed… but I kept going….)

Well, since neither Tonya or her boss showed up that night I decided it just wasn’t going to happen and I started accepting it… I just enjoyed hanging out with the other gals, met pen friends and made new friends.

We had a blast dancing…. Less joy with the food that was served (shudder) but a great time all over…

Day 3 - June 10th – A Good Star To The Day

Again I only was able to sleep 3 or 4 hours… And we all had to get up early to head over to the movie theater to watch Gerry’s newest flick “Beowulf and Grendel”….

Before the movie started Dayna introduced a special guest Tonya and a friend of hers (when mentioning “friend of hers” we all hoped for tall, dark, handsome, male and Scottish and not for the girl that appeared… oh well…. Sigh… I gave up seeing Gerry for about the 10th time then….LOL) Tonya is very nice and beautiful.

The movie… boy, have I been waiting for that…. Weird flick, I have to say… just strange. I was entertained by it but not blown away. Gerry of course was a wonderful sight for these sore eyes… With the short beard and the long mane of curls he looked like a Viking god. His face is so beautiful, those eyes…sigh… what a man… I think we all let out quite a collective sigh when Gerry first appeared on screen…

It was good having fellow gals sitting next to to grab onto in the most droolworthy moments... sigh.... (or for the first appearance of our man... hi Cassie... :kisswink: )

The script was very good but I don’t think they went as deep as they should have gone into the whole Beowulf - Grendel relationship as being forced by a third party to be adversaries. It was thought provoking with lots of metaphors, but the movie was sometimes just lacking a good flow of continuity. It also was too gory for my taste and I should have taken some Scottish lessons because some of the actors were extremely hard to understand even though I am so used to Gerry’s Scottish brogue… Yeah, all in all I wasn’t too blown away by the movie but it wasn’t bad and Gerry was excellent.

We all were a bit disappointed that Gerry didn’t make an appearance and I decided that it just wasn’t going to happen…

The Phantom’s Vegas Lair…..

I joined Ashley, Wendy, Cheryl and Cassie (hi girl, see you in Chicago soon!!!) on a trip to "Metrospace's" house. The mansion housing the private collection of POTO items was located in a posh guarded community of Las Vegas which alone was worth to see…

We all just gasped when we entered the beautiful house and encountered several of Christine’s outfits. It all was displayed with so much love and there was so much work put into it that I didn’t mind having paid the $ 25 anymore. They had purchased and outfitted mannequins with the costumes and also made a lot of the decorations themselves. We were in awe of all the costumes. Carlotta’s outfits truly were outrageous and the detail work is just amazing. Then our guide pulled out the Phantom’s coat from the cemetery scene… OMG…. Gerry had worn that… wow… We were all allowed to try it on… OMG… I was wearing a piece of clothing that Himself had worn… WOW!!!!! I was really happy that I had come… If I wouldn’t get to meet the man then I at least would rub some of his DNA on my body wearing his coat….LOL

But the most spectacular sight was the Phantom’s red death costume… We all just could barely contain ourselves when we spotted it strategically perfectly placed at the top of a stair… Just beautiful…. It also gave us an idea how well build, tall and slender our Gerry is….LOL

I was pretty contend with all that had happened today… It was a good day and a fun day… and it was about to get even better.

Surprise!

Saturday evening we all dressed for the “Dracula Ball”. It was either costume or evening gown and I had chosen my Christine cemetery outfit which looks OK on me but not stunning since it’s a bit big and also a rather cheapy version of the original from the movie.

The ballroom was decorated beautifully… very Victorian… a la POTO or Dracula…. We mixed and mingled and then dinner was served… ehem... well, just let me say I prefer my food deader... :kisswink: Since I had given up on the whole Gerry making an appearance thing my stomach hadn’t been in a knot before I saw dinner… but it sure was a knot after I encountered the almost raw meat…

Fortunately we soon were interrupted, Tonya was supposed to take the stage. What bugged me was the announcement that she only would be here for 5 minutes… What about all those questions we wanted to get answered???

Well, she tried her best.... (I think Tonya's speech is covered in other reports, so I won't retell it here)

Well, it got later and it looked like Tonya needed to go…. She said: “I have to present a special award for the Butler talent competition to a gal named Swansong who sang an original song inspired by POTO…” Yes, I had to admit, the right person won, but considering what happened next I sure wish it would have been me (but I still might lay passed out in a Vegas hospital and not back here writing this….LOL)

Tonya: “The award is kind of heavy so I brought a friend to help me carry it….” #$%^&**!!! Oh my gooooooooodddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was a moment of complete silence in the room that it took for those words to set in and then pandemonium broke loose. All I could think off was grabbing the good camera and get ready for something…LOL… the camera, which I had brought JUST IN CASE… THAT CASE!!! Writing this I still can’t believe this!!!

There was a side door closed by a curtain… and who walked in through it???? I could not believe my eyes… still can’t while I am typing this here… My eyes followed the handsome young man on his walk to his stage… OMG… It was HIM!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! My first impression was that he looks much slighter (too thin) than I thought he would and he looks younger in person than he looks in pics.

Most of the girls ran up to the podium to stand close to Gerry, so of course did I… So there I was, standing a few feet away from the man… Gosh, he is so gorgeous… My legs were shaking at first and I couldn’t hold the camera straight. In fact I had to lean on Cheryl not to fall down, my legs had turned to rubber. But after a minute a calmness came over me and I started to concentrate on taking pics…

Posted Image

Gosh, that man is beautiful. He has such gorgeous eyes… even his eyelashes are perfect, long and dark. He is tanned which fits his dark hair (even though we all know that he helps nature there a bit hiding some of the grey strands…) which he is growing out and so his face is framed by thick unruly curls… just thinking of it… ohhhhh sigh….. He has a beautiful winning smile…. I don’t think I have ever met a better looking man…

But he is not conceited and vain at all. He is sweet and nice and funny… smart and witty... He told us that he was concerned to appear because he just can’t believe that we would put on a convention in his name, he was so afraid he‘d appear as vain if he lets himself celebrate like this… That man is so talented but has so many self doubts… but I guess it makes him more human and approachable.

He said: “I don’t think there is another actor that has a convention in his name…” (Actually there are.... Some of the Science Fiction/Star Trek actors have their own conventions... I am such a nerd... :kisswink: )

He told us that he loves us all…. Loves all fansites (and he emphasized ALL…). He swooned about the new puppy Lolita he is absolutely in love with (he reminded me of a little boy when he talked about the little pug... sigh...) :lolita:

Posted Image

I wish I wouldn’t have blacked out through most of his talk… I can barely remember anything. I think my emotions just shorted out and I just barely functioned. I mean I was kind of calm but it wasn’t really calm. I was calm because it was unreal. A few time Gerry looked at me and I smiled right back at him. In a real situation I wouldn’t have been able to do that, I am way to shy when I am attracted to a man and I sure am attracted to this man….LOL… but it was just too unreal….

He told us that we fans single handedly brought B&G to the US… Now Cheryl who stood right next to me asked: “What about Australia? Will it open there?”

That made Gerry look right into our direction and for a moment he looked me straight into the eyes before he turned to Cheryl. Wow…. Those eyes… just mesmerizing. Many people say Gerry’s eyes are green but they looked blue when he looked at me. His eyes change color depending on the light and the angle he looks at you but no matter what color, he has truly the most beautiful eyes…

There was a very touching moment when he asked about Bethy whom’s mom just has passed away and he gave her a long hug… He had tears in his eyes…

Somebody mentioned that we would love to see him in a romantic comedy and he said he is actually looking into something like that… Jeez, that would propel him to superstardom. With his dashing good looks and his sharp wit he would be just perfect in a romantic comedy.

He also talked about his neck problems that he truly has. He and Pierce Brosnan did a stunt in BOAW and actually crashed the car and Gerry threw out his neck and got soft tissue damage. He didn’t seem to be in too much pain that night but I guess he needs more therapy…

Gosh, I wish a transcript of his talk will appear somewhere… I forgot so much!!! (hint... hint... please!!!! somebody!!!!)

His talk was over WAAAAYYYY too fast and he had to leave for a friend’s premiere… On his way to the exit he generously gave hugs and compliments but I wasn’t on the right side of the stage at the right time and he really needed to go…

One thing is for sure, Gerry is quite a character. I don’t think he knows what he wants from life, yet (me neither though… so I think it‘s not that rare among people of our generation….LOL). He enjoys the Hollywood way of life to a degree… and to be honest who wouldn’t enjoy it, or at least some of it… But inside he is still the boy from Paisley near Glasgow who is constantly doubting himself. He has a good heart and is very generous. He is very smart and educated and yet he is just human. I don’t know how he sees himself. He knows how to dress to show off his looks on one hand but then again he isn’t vain at all and makes remarks like he is getting fat and stuff like that (jeez, the man is too skinny in my eyes… fat… yeah right!)… those extremes from playing the sexy Hollywood star and then torn by self doubts. I was amazed how much he opened up to us and showed us his true personality. He puts quite a bit of responsibility on our shoulders. He said that we’re all in this together. He needs us to keep him sane. Very interesting….

I was so in shock about Gerry showing up that I just couldn’t really get a grip on the situation…. It took actually a few days for me to realise that yes, I have seen him in person, and yes, he really is as gorgeous as I thought but also extremely nice, down to earth and he is highly intelligent….

Day 4 - June 11th - Back to earth and off to new civilizations

Jeez…. Did I feel down Sunday morning… Well, fortunately I was still in Sin City and had a bit more excitement ahead.

I knew I couldn’t wait to get my Gerry pics developed until I was back home in Ohio, so I desperately tried to find a drug store… not and easy enterprise in Las Vegas in 110 degree heat… I took the Monorail to the other end of the strip and started walking towards the Sahara… Couldn’t find a drug or photo store… It was sooo frustrating… And it was sooo hot and I thought I was going to die… It was like walking in a Sauna…

Finally, not that far from my hotel, I found a Walgreens and dropped of my pics which turned out great.

In the late afternoon I had a lot of fun at the Star Trek experience at the Hilton which was just one Monorail stop away from the Sahara… The two rides are so much fun, esp. the Klingon Attack one…

Around 7 PM I met a few fellow gals for dinner and mentioned my visit to the Star Trek experience. One of the girls, Michele (Isabeau), mentioned that she is a Trekkie, too and wanted to go to the experience…. I wish I would have known earlier! But I suggested to go back to the Hilton right after dinner since my ticket was good for a whole day… And that’s what we did!

Michele and I had a blast. It was great to find a fellow Gerry fan plus a Trekkie as myself… So we could talk about both of our mutual hobbies… Gerry/Phantom and Star Trek….

Posted Image

We rode the rides several more times until the thing closed down for the night… The friends I made in Vegas are alone worth the trip!

Day 5 - June 12th - The Phantom of the Opera is heeeeereeee….. (another one!)

Monday June 12th… a day in Phantom history. The first showing of a new arrangement of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s wonderful musical in Las Vegas. It was “only” a preview, the premiere wouldn’t be until the 24th, but nevertheless… I had a ticket for the first public showing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My fellow Phantrekker Michele and two other gals and I decided to go over to the Venetian early to get our tickets and check out the gorgeous hotel and the Phantom theater. The hotel is beautiful. And seeing the Phantom banners on the façade of the building and inside… OMG…. Gorgeous!

We asked our way through to the theater and we finally found it an the huge maze that seems to be every Vegas hotel we noticed with shock that they still were building!!!! They were still putting glass into the doors, the Phantom store wasn’t opened yet, they still were cleaning up and hammering everywhere…

We were a bit worried there… Well, at least we were able to pick up our tickets…

We (Michele, Allison and I) decided we would take a gondola ride and bought our tickets (naming our “party” the Gerry Butler party…LOL). We still had some time to kill until our ride was up so we cruised the exclusive and posh stores… Among them we found a Burberry Brit store, so of course we had to go into the store and sample the colognes and after shaves… Gerry sure has a good taste… Well, no surprise there… The man is just one very classy individual. And he can afford it… we poor fans of his can’t…LOL (but we sampled it and walked out of the store smelling quite nicely and strongly…LOL)

The gondola ride was fun and Mario, our gondoliero was a very good singer.

After the Venetian we decided that we wanted to check out the Wynn hotel… There we were in jeans and shirts cruising the hotel where the upper 10,000 stay when they are in Vegas...

Wow, the Wynn is gorgeous. I was impressed by the modern and tasteful architecture. We found a Jo Malone store… Now that was actually rather funny. We already had found the Burberry Brit store, and now it was Jo Malone… And boy is that stuff expensive… But again we sampled it and no matter that we came in looking like poor tourists the lady in the store treated us well while we were smearing Jo Malone all over our arms.

When the three of us left the store we REALLY were smelling nice!!! JUST LIKE GERRY!!!

Fortunately a free shuttle ran from the Wynn to the Monorail….

Back at our hotel Michele and I got ready for the show… Michele’s roommates had already left Vegas, and since I had an extra bed I suggested that she could move in with me… We both dressed up quite a bit (and seeing myself in my green dress which I had ironically bought for a Michael Crawford concert I regretted so badly that I hadn’t worn it for Gerry especially since his fave color is green and so is mine… THAT actually would have been rather ironic… wearing the same dress for THOSE two Phantoms considering how much fighting is going on between Phans who is the better one out of those two….LOL)

Posted Image

We ended up taking a cab over to the Venetian…

We got there way early and unfortunately didn’t sit together so we had to split up in the lobby while waiting for the doors to the theater to open.

I had to use the bathroom and they told me that it wasn’t finished yet…. Of all things!!!!! (Other than that it was a bit of relief that they didn’t hammer anymore….LOL) So I had to find another bathroom in the hotel and then fortunately they let me back in….

While I was standing in line I overheard several people talking behind me: “Yes I liked the movie that’s why I want to see the play now…”

“Yes the movie was wonderful….”

So I just had to turn around (I was bored and still 20 minutes to go…) and said: “I’ve overheard you talking… You like the POTO movie?”

“Yes…”

“So I assume that you like Gerard Butler as the Phantom?”

“Yes…”

“Let me tell you then WHO I saw in person just two days ago….” And I was glad to have an audience to tell about my Gerry encounter… One of the girls listening turned out to be as big as a POTO Phan as myself and we compared notes of where we saw POTO and with whom on stage and so on (and fortunately she loved the movie and Gerry too)… when we turned around and saw two men walking by. One looked very familiar and having watched the extras of the making of POTO on the DVD several times I remembered that he was the lyrisist Charles Hart. The other Phan recognized the other man as the POTO stage director Hal Prince… Wow!!! I was thrilled!

Spoilers about the stage show!!!

Finally we could enter the theater… I was a bit disappointed. I had expected it to look more Victorian… grander… more like the real Palais Garnier.

There was canvas hiding a lot of the balconies and boxes and I figured that was part of the play and was supposed to give the theater the old, burnt out look… kind of like it was in the movie version…

I had a fantastic seat, better than ever for POTO, 6th row, right on one of the center aisles. I just sat down when I was approached by the lady next to me:

“Are you the one who saw Gerard Butler?”

“Yes….”

“Ohhhh we love him… That was at the gals convention? We had debated about signing up for that but then we didn’t….”

Turns out I was sitting next to two Gerry Phans from Chicago….

Finally the play started… It was like in the original play and the movie the auction… Then came the Overture… The chandelier was pulled up in 4 pieces and the canvas was removed from the balconies and boxes giving it a bit the same feeling as the opera house regeneration scene in the movie with mannequins dressed in 19th century clothing occupying the boxes…

I was worried about how I’d like the cast… But when Christine sang “Think of Me” I was in tears. Sierra Boggess (I think it was her) was wonderful, one of the best Christines ever… Beautiful!!!!!!

But when Brent Barrett as the Phantom sang “Brava, brava, bravissima…” I was a little bit concerned since there wasn’t much of the “angel of music” quality that Michael Crawford brought to the role, nor the passionate, seductive, sexy voice of Gerard Butler…. My concerns were confirmed later on…. I don’t want to say that Brent had a bad voice, he certainly could sing… But you could tell that he lacked experience and that he didn’t hit some of the high notes was rather annoying. When he did hit the notes right, he sounded good.. But he sure needs to practice quite a bit more…. And not just his singing… also the cape twirling….LOL He should take some lessons from Gerry on that one…

The rest of the cast was very good. The sets were pretty good but not as grand as I had expected and the effects were very good also… The chandelier almost crashing into the audience was very impressive and not for the light hearted (I hope they warned the people sitting in the seats beneath the chandelier that it would come crashing down and stop about a food above their heads…. Not for the weak hearted!)

They had cut the play down from 2 hr 20 minutes to 95 minutes and it sometimes felt a bit rushed. I also didn’t like how they rearranged and cut “Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again” and “Point of No Return”. There were a few things that were reminiscent of the movie more than the stage show like WHEN the chandelier falls, the roof top scene and the kiss between Erik and Christine (EXACTLY like they did it in the movie.)

All in all it was a good show but not different enough from the original stage show to plan an extra trip. The orchestration was a bit fuller and sounded great but still, it resembled the original stage show a lot.

After the show I fought the crowd in the Phantom souvenir store (way over prized and yet I bought a couple of shirts…) and then I met up with some other gals and we stood there and talked about the show which we all had enjoyed even though we all agreed on the Phantom not being that great (Ya know, after seeing Gerry in person though… that was just one hard act to follow….LOL)

While we were standing there and talked, lyrisist Charles Hart walked by… I yelled: “There! That’s the guy!!!! (couldn’t think of his name at that moment…) The guy who wrote the lyrics for Phantom!” Believing my words Michele ran after him and stopped him, thanking him for those wonderful lyrics. We all caught up and I asked him for autographs which he gave. I sooooo regretted that I didn’t have a camera with me. There had been warnings that we were not allowed to bring cameras to the play… nobody had checked and I was just angry that I didn’t have mine with me and so couldn’t take pics of Mr. Hart (who is one rather cute Englishman by the way…)

Somehow the talk turned to the POTO movie and Charles said: “It’s OK…” (hmmmmm….. Ok?????) Then he saw some of the Gerry buttons some of the gals wore and said:

“So you are fans of Gerry Butler, huh?”

“Yes…..”

And what Charles said next is just priceless:

“Gerry is a bad boy. He likes all the ladies….” Now that’s classic!!!! LOL Not a surprise though….

That was quite and exciting end to a great vacation. We decided to have dinner at the Venetian with some other gals which wasn’t all that expensive and soooo good. Finally my nerves had calmed down and I was actually able to eat some food, so it might as well be some good food… not the grub they called food at the Sahara…

We didn’t get back to our hotel until almost midnight and yet there was one thing I still had to do… gamble. I could not go to Vegas and not at least gamble a bit. So in our evening gowns we walked to the slot machine… the Phantom one, OF COURSE!!! And I lost $ 5 which took me longer than I thought because I started winning at first….LOL

I wasn’t in bed before 1 AM and had to get up at 4 AM but the whole trip especially Gerry was on my mind and I couldn’t sleep….

Day 6 - June 13th - Bye, bye Vegas….

Not much to tell…. Got up, took a cab to the airport, was heartbroken that it was over, was scared in the plane (but it was a very good, quiet flight), got into Cincinnati, stopped at Starbucks, drove home…. The end….

All in all I had the time of my life!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all of you great gals!!!!!!!!! And Gerry and Tonya of course!!!!

Ina

Edited by Phanina

Awww... that is a very sweet story. I'm glad you got to see and hear the man up close and in person! And thank you for describing his personality and character in such detail. I could tell what you said was true from the videos, but it's another thing to hear a first-hand account!

Thanks again for sharing!

Ina,

Enjoyed your Vegas report. I enjoyed meeting you by chance on Friday afternoon, just outside the Sahara. Cassie and I were just returning from a souvenir buying expedition. I was immediately taken with your smile and friendly face and then your great sense of humor!

Your dancing was wonderful! And I couldn't tell that you improvised at all! It was great to meet you!

:wave:

Katie

~Songbird~

Edited by Songbird

Ina,

Enjoyed your Vegas report. I enjoyed meeting you by chance on Friday afternoon, just outside the Sahara. Cassie and I were just returning from a souvenir buying expedition. I was immediately taken with your smile and friendly face and then your great sense of humor!

Your dancing was wonderful! And I couldn't tell that you improvised at all! It was great to meet you!

:wave:

Katie

~Songbird~

Thank you sooo much, Katie. Yes, of course, I do remember running into you and Cassie that afteroon... :kisswink: I was very glad to find another performer for the evening who needed the same questions resolved I did and we could hunt down Jenn for answers together.

Ina

Edited by Phanina

Phanina,

I enjoyed reading your account of your visit to Las Vegas very much. How wonderful that you were able to see Gerry in person. I've seen the fan videos and it seems that everyone had a great time.

I'm going to the Glasgow 2007 Convention. I wonder if we will be as lucky there? We can but hope.

:wave: Ina!! Thanks for your report - I especially loved reading about POTO at the Venetian since I will probably kick myself for a long time for not staying over one more night to be there for the FIRST performance!! And to meet Charles Hart - what a treat. When I saw The Woman in White on Broadway last year we had the musical director from POTO as the conductor (Simon Lee) and we got all excited, but he ducked out of the pit right away both at intermission and at the end so none of us ever got to meet him (we tried, we surely did).

It was fun meeting you at the airport and having a fellow Gerry-phan to share the ride (and the WALK to the ride), and then dinner and some Gerry fun while waiting for Pam to get back from her night at Chippendales. Somehow I always have a great time when Gerry-phans are involved. And your dancing on Friday night was great (I had no idea you were improvising!)

Hope we can meet again next year.

Hugs

Susan

And your dancing on Friday night was great (I had no idea you were improvising!)

You were improvising?

Damn girl, that was sme great dancing!

I really enjoyed your performance!

:clap:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

Thank you both, Bethy and Susan...

Yeah, about half through the dance I forgot the step and improvised.... I actually thought at the event it was obvious and I felt badly... but Isabeau caught it on video and showed it to me and she got just the part where I messed up on and it's hardly noticable... It was a huge relief for me watching that....

Susan, I hope we get to hang out next year again. I had such a great time with the man and his camel... :kisswink:

Bethy, thank you for doing the workshop on siggy's. It was great and I've learned a lot on Paint Shop Pro X which I just had started using. I'll start pestering you with questions esp. when I get to download that animation program (which I hope to do soon...) :kisswink:

Ina

Edited by Phanina

Ina! I love your report! How cool that there were more Gerry fans at Phantom that hadn't been to the convention...and I know what you mean about having an audience to tell the story to, I'm always so very giddy about that. ::D:

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed your Irish step! Not only was it awesome to have a dancer among the other talents, but from what I could see, you were quite good. I'm no expert, but they have an annual Scottish festival about twenty minutes away from me, I've been going for about seven years now, and they always have Irish step competition (the festival has all sorts of Celtic things going on, not just Scottish). So, I've seen a few in my day. :smile:

Thanks for posting those two pics of Gerry! I don't think I'd seen them before....right click and save!! And what an awesome shot you got of his signature laugh! :wub:

~Mel

Ina! I love your report! How cool that there were more Gerry fans at Phantom that hadn't been to the convention...and I know what you mean about having an audience to tell the story to, I'm always so very giddy about that. ::D:

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed your Irish step! Not only was it awesome to have a dancer among the other talents, but from what I could see, you were quite good. I'm no expert, but they have an annual Scottish festival about twenty minutes away from me, I've been going for about seven years now, and they always have Irish step competition (the festival has all sorts of Celtic things going on, not just Scottish). So, I've seen a few in my day. :smile:

Thanks for posting those two pics of Gerry! I don't think I'd seen them before....right click and save!! And what an awesome shot you got of his signature laugh! :wub:

~Mel

Thank you for the compliments, Mel.

Yes, I LOVE the pic of Gerry laughing, too... One of my favorites and I really was lucky getting that one.

All my Gerry pics should be in the gallery though. Make sure to check them out.

Ina

~Mel

Thank you for the compliments, Mel.

Yes, I LOVE the pic of Gerry laughing, too... One of my favorites and I really was lucky getting that one.

All my Gerry pics should be in the gallery though. Make sure to check them out.

Ina

I got home and actually realized that I already have one of the two... :doh: Silly me. But! The other one I hadn't snagged yet, so either way....thanks for posting them! :hearts:

~Mel

Ina, thanks for your Vegas reminisences. It is delightful to read about everyone's experiences. They are all different but share the same loving feelings.

It was so nice to meet you too, although only quickly. I can see you as you write about things.

Hugs

Cat