times of my life.

As I stepped off the plane in Atlanta that hot, sultry air hit me and I knew

I was back to reality. LOL

It was so hard to come back home and try to act normal. What a high I

was on and nobody understood. It's been so hard to come back down to

earth and be a wife and grandma again. LOL LIfe is so cruel but so

exciting at the same time.

Anybody else having the same feelings. Is there an antidote? I just don't

want it to end. Oh Gerry, Gerry what have you done to us?

:igotgals: :woah:

Anybody else having the same feelings. Is there an antidote? I just don't

want it to end. Oh Gerry, Gerry what have you done to us?

:igotgals: :woah:

Yes, I feel the same.

The antidote would be to see Gerry again. :swoon::cunning::gerrylicious:

I'm so totally there with you Pat. Even got my Vegas tatt yesterday. They charged too much in Vegas so the 4th of July seemed just right.

No one understands the high.... and it's still there. Only you GALS do and that's why I'm here every morning and evening.

Don't let it go. Use it for finding and getting your dreams just like Gerry did.

Cat

Is there an antidote?

Pat - no antidote, no cure, no chance of going back to the way you were. Once you have gazed at those eyes in person you have been "infected" and might as well join the rest of us poor souls wandering the earth in a state of . . . . BLISS!

L.

Edited by lesvanyvr

Is there an antidote?

Pat - no antidote, no cure, no chance of going back to the way you were. Once you have gazed at those eyes in person you have been "infected" and might as well join the rest of us poor souls wandering the earth in a state of . . . . BLISS!

L.

Aye, wisely stated. I am chronically infected....

~Mel

Yes... when I woke up this morning and realised it is Thursday I thought the same thing... today.. exactly 4 weeks ago... I got on the plane to Vegas...

I wish I could turn back time and re-live everything once more... Hmmm, with the knowledge I have now I would probably do a few things differently than I did then... :kisswink:

Ina

No one understands the high.... and it's still there. Only you GALS do and that's why I'm here every morning and evening.

Amen. Amen.

Having suffered with clinical depression since I was 14, it's hard to tell when I'm legitimately depressed (as a result of outside stimuli) or if I need to get my meds checked ... lol

I don't know that I'd call it "bliss" -- as my PTVS (post-traumatic Vegas Syndrome) isn't always "comfortable." I ache to see y'all, again. And I don't know that my antidote is to see Gerry -- it was Y'ALL that made my trip so "moving."

Babyboomer, this post has "validated" my GerryJuice Blues ... thanks.

Holly

(Oh, yeah: ONLY 48 WEEKS TIL VEGAS, BABY!!!)

Edited by heISmyGspot

It was so hard to come back home and try to act normal. What a high I

was on and nobody understood.

I gotta say, that's the hardest thing for me about my fandom in general. Fortunately, my family and most of my friends are quite supportive, some are merely tolerant...but some just outright grimace. How would they like it if I poked at them for their liking of sports? Or books? Or sci-fi movies? Or whatever the case may be?

:bleh2:

What I don't like... is that after that unbelievable sense of *belonging* I felt while in Vegas with y'all.... I now feel equally as separate and distant from your lives. There is a definite sadness brewing, and though I am fighting to keep it at bay... I am losing the battle.

I suppose the moment I stepped down from that stage, I knew I would never be able to hold onto that experience. As I watched Gerry walk out of the Ballroom, I said to myself, "This will never happen again."

And that is the trouble with those shining singular moments of our lives. Like children capturing fireflies in a jar, we want to keep the light with us forever... but the Vegas experience we all shared cannot be captured or duplicated. Like a firefly, its luminescence is a fleeting gift of beauty, which slowly fades with time.

However... we all KNOW it happened, and at least here on GALS, we can share our thoughts and feelings; look repeatedly at the pictures, videos and now the transcripts... knowing that we were there, that it happened to us, and that it was real.

May the glowing *memories* of Gerry, GALS and Vegas continue to light our hearts and minds.

Swan

Edited by Swansong