Gerard Butler GALS

"Submit to me and live!" Attila's wives.

:mopboyattila: After watching Attila for the 50th time the other day ; my sister was miffed and scoffed "huh he had all those wives ; who would put up with that?!" Then I wondered to myself ; hmm would I be able to share him if we were living back then and I was chosen to be one of his harem of wives? Didn't take long to answer my own question "SURE!" But seriously think about it ; watching him with the others and wondering why her? Well here is where I surprised myself ! In the movie and it seems in life as well ; he treats everyone as if they are special. There by avoiding the green eyed monster ; jealousy. In Attila he used a firm hand and harsh looks with anyone who over stepped their boundary and with his personality it worked out well. Could you see yourself as willing to be ruled over by this man Attila and share him with the other wives? Think about it ; omitting the obvious good looks and real man we know him as today and be honest! :worship: :mopboyattila: :heat::rotflmao:

Anytime, any place, anywhere, anything he wanted..it would be done.

For Attila, I would do anything to have him.

Share him with others, and forsake all others so that I am only for him.

Wait patiently for him to come to me and stay faithful and patient again, until he chooses to come back to me.

Oh yeah.. for Attila...I would do anything.

Posted Image

:mopboyattila: :wub:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

:mopboyattila: Remember ladies this is Attila we are talking about ; not Gerry. This man was dangerous and demanded respect from all his entourage. He could have your throat cut at the nod of his head.

"Call me by my name". :mopboyattila: "Is it permitted?" :worship: "It is comanded!" :whip: :doh::heat: I know it is hard to separate the two but in this questionaire we must. After all it is submission for a life of slavery. Well marriage ; samething I guess! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

My copy of Attila is in the mail...After careful study (watching it over and over and over should suffice) I will be able to better answer this question ::D: lol, anything in the name of science GALS :nanana:

At the risk of being too serious here, back in that time, women really didn't have any rights, and had to accept things like polygamy as a routine part of life. So, I guess, if I lived back then, I probably would have been glad to be in his harem, especially if the alternative was death. I have a strong suspicion that the real Attila didn't look anything like this :greatking: or :attila: :bleh2: is probably closer to the truth :rotflmao:

I agree with Lady Elissa.

If we're talking Gerry's Attila (the real-life Attila was :bleh: in the looks dept), I could join his harem. I completely agree that back then women had absolutely no rights so you didn't really have much choice. I'm sure that in private he would do everything to make you feel special. But what do you do with yourself the rest of the time that you don't get to spend in his company and bed?

However I tend to get jealous so that could cause problems, but I'm usually good. I'd like to think I'm not near as bad as Ildico. But then I've never been in her shoes, like when he was drunk on their wedding night and he accidentally called out a wrong name, which with that many wives is inevitable. But in her case, she had the misfortune of being his first love's doppleganger. It would take a strong woman to overlook something like that no matter how much she had grown to love him. In this day and age, you make the guy sleep on the couch but back then that wasn't an option.

There's also the comment that Attila made to Orestes in the bathhouse that they *did* get jealous of each other when he was asked which wife to bring in to test the new bath. Which doesn't surprise me in the least.

Would I want to live like that? Not really but I'm sure we could work something out and make the best of it. At the same time I have to wonder if being part of his harem would just be for the sex or does he really love you in addition to everyone else? In the film, I didn't feel that he honestly loved any of his wives other than N'Kara and Ildico, and the latter possibly only becasue she looked like the former, but being a guy couldn't differentiate that.

At the risk of being too serious here, back in that time, women really didn't have any rights, and had to accept things like polygamy as a routine part of life. So, I guess, if I lived back then, I probably would have been glad to be in his harem, especially if the alternative was death. I have a strong suspicion that the real Attila didn't look anything like this :greatking: or :attila: :bleh2: is probably closer to the truth :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: yes I read somewhere that the real Attila was neither as sexy or tall as our Gerry! But getting back to "in those days!" I had a clear picture of what men thought of women back then when Rom.Gen. Flavius Aetius asked Attila what he thought of the Roman Princess. "She is pleasing!" then "What else can be said of a woman!" :lalala: :mopboyattila: :whip: :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Okay..

I'll talk about this seriously.

Let's assume we are talking about Gerry's Attila and not the Attila I saw in my history books.

That Attila..I'd do a swan dive off of a mountain before I would get into bed with that!

Gerry's Attila...

Okay.

First: I have never in my life ever seen a man so magnificent as Attila. (Gerard Butler as Attila) Attila was the first time I saw Gerard Butler and I was shocked at how his beauty conquered me - and yes conquered is the word.

Second: I toss all of myself into relationships. I don't go halfway. It's all or nothing. Now, ALL of the men/boys I have been with, have cheated on me. That's not a playful exaggeration. That is a fact. Every single guy without exception. So I appreciate the value of devotion.

Third: I have always been taken with the idea of a man who desired a woman and claimed her as his own. Granted, if the man looks like BLAH then it's scary...but again we are talking about Gerard Butler's Attila.

If Attila (and I am not talking about Gerry here, I am talking about Attila) wanted me to belong to him..and I don't care what time frame we are talking about.. It can be the 13th century or next week.. If that man wanted me..I would sumbit to him without thinking twice.

I want to be consumed. I want a man to desire to possess me.

I would give myself to him, and be faithful and true to his every need and desire. Creating his happiness would be my destiny.

I have been alone for so long because of the constant pain and fear of men treating me less than I treat them.

Attila being a King and being treated as such does not count. For me, those he held close had value.

He showed them their value with actions, and with his eyes.

The look in Attila's eyes for those whom he kept close, was priceless.

No amount of money or goods can equal a soft look from the man you love.

So I say again..I am already conquered.

So come, Attila. Come and claim Bethy.

For I was yours at first glance.

:heat:

Bethy

100% agree with the wumman up there!!

I knew when I saw Attila that Gerry's version was softer than the actual Attila would have been but he had many sides to show so I can appreciate his interpitation.

I have some conflicting issues here

I don't do sharing(of men) that is. I, like Bethy, I think would love a man to want me, to be consumed by me, have a passion for me that I've never known and Attila to a point would do that. The problem would ly with me cause I'd need to want him that bad too and the idea of sharing him with anyone wouldn't go down well. I'd really have to question weather I could honestly do it even for the love of him now I'd say yes but I know it would eat away at me! What's a girl to do? :lol:

Also if it were Hun times and I was chosen for his Harem then the answer would be yes, it would probably save mine and my families life, take me out of slavery and give me a secure future. I guess If it were them times I wouldn't have the feelings of selfworth that I have now and multiple wives would be the norm so who would I be to argue!!

Definately food for thought!!

My first answer was regarding the real, historical Attila. If we're talking about Gerry's Attila, :greatking: I have only one thing to add. How do I sign up for the Harem? :wub:

Edited by Lady Elissa

I have only one thing to add. How do I sign up for the Harem? :wub:

Get in line behind me. :tasty:

Will do! ::D: I could be number 1 or 100 as long as I get my fair share of turns in the bath and tent! :bouncydrool:

Edited by Lady Elissa
:bonk::rotflmao: ladies;ladies; no shoving PLEASE! You see how complicated it all could get? Now multiply that by oh say a dozen or more times. Who's got the first son ; the prettiest daughter; who beds more often and why! Things could get very ugly very fast. My one question remains ; where did :mopboyattila: he get the stamina? I mean pillaging and conquering then trying to watch his back against assassins ; then to do it all again but among his wives Phew! "Hard day at work hun?" :mopboyerik: Now I did say that we were talking about Attila the hun but now realize that it is impossible to seperate the two since he made the film. I would have liked the idea of sharing because ; as the new one arrives the elders can be the experienced ones while the youngest are "newbies" and you know how they can be! It wouldn't take long for one to trip on their tongues and have him take out his :whip: :mopboyattila: :rotflmao: Let me see I think I would like to be known Attila's Jolie hun cause I like to workout with weights and am a bit of a daredevil. :mopboyterry:

It was just the culture of the times and tribe, and to be expected. Generally speaking, one or more of the women would be pregnant or caring for a small child. This would make her taboo for sexual relations, quite frankly. It would just be the expected situation, not a matter of "I couldn't/wouldn't share."

Hi! Everybody!

I just found this thread and I haven't read all the posts but I wondered...

If N'Kara did not die would he have taken more wives?

If I lived back then and had a choice of marrying Attila (that looked like Gerry),

I honestly cannot say.

On one hand--HELL YA! Sex, sex, sex with His Royal Hottness!

On the other--ewwww, no way, I wouldn't belong to a harem even if he looked like Gerry.

I think he probably would have taken more wives even in N'Kara had lived because in that day and time, having a large harem and many offspring was a sign of wealth and power. N'Kara probably would have remained his favorite, and perhaps his only love, but I think he would still have had the harem.

I think he probably would have taken more wives even in N'Kara had lived because in that day and time, having a large harem and many offspring was a sign of wealth and power. N'Kara probably would have remained his favorite, and perhaps his only love, but I think he would still have had the harem.

:heat: :mopboyattila: It was explained to me that in those days because men went to war and got killed early ; women were to have as many sons as possible to replenish the tribe. Also they guarded the villages against raiders so it was a nessecity more than a sexual thing ....Yeah right! :boink: Nothing to do with sex and men ruled over women! :push: :crack1:

Could you see yourself as willing to be ruled over by this man Attila and share him with the other wives?

I would take Atilla for a night, but be part of his harem, no.

:doh:Y'know, I was thinking. :confused: Why did she just poision Attila? What a major mistake. :bonk: Me, I would have enjoyed him a little before the whole killing thing. :funnyface:

I know I know , but, you only live once...........om, in her case... twice. :rotflmao:

Nope, I could not do the harem thing. No thanks. Looking like Gerry or not. Not for me! :tongue:

:whochnuzzle: :cunning:

:doh:Y'know, I was thinking. :confused: Why did she just poision Attila? What a major mistake. :bonk: Me, I would have enjoyed him a little before the whole killing thing. :funnyface:

Yeah, I'll never get that.

At least get some before you kill him.

Here is a man..looking more"top shelf" than any man I have EVER seen, wearing a man nappy on a bed WAITING for you, and you kill him BEFORE you get "down with the get down"?

Granted, she was upset that he called her N'Kara, but that would have just given me more strength to "put it on him hard" so he would be screaming Ildico moments later. :cunning:

That's just how I see it.. :kisswink:

Bethy

:mopboyattila: If you followed the story; and yeah I can understand how hard it was to follow and not get passed the eyes/mouth/chest/ :leo: okay I digress :heat: he was off to wed that Princess of Rome so he could have her dowry 1/3 of the Roman Empire. Time was running out for her to make her move. I just don't understand why she didn't make a run for it after the killing? But you are right; after the sex THEN the wine! Silly girl! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I completely agree she was a stupid silly girl with going for the kill before getting any. Don't most black widows, human or otherwise, go in for the sex first and then kill off the guy? You'd have to be blind or stupid or both to turn him down like that.

My guess is that Ildico hated him so much that she couldn't bring herself to "defile" herself by having him take her physically. I honestly felt she was playacting the entire time and didn't love him at all. I've known people who ooze on the charm to the point of being totally believeable even to the trained eye, even though inside they have the blackest heart and there isn't a single ounce of humanity in them, if there ever was to begin with. Very few are actually able to see through that, but there is no convincing anyone of the truth until it's too late, if even then. That's how I saw her. Her plan is to kill him when he's least expecting without creating a riot or drawing attention to herself and what better way to infiltrate his kingdom and do that than to totally con him into thinking she loves him with her entire being? Otherwise it would be near impossible to get in close enough to him to do her dirty work without getting caught, or so she thought.

Edited by Sirena

Actually, I think she loved him.

He had a point when he said he didn't take her before their wedding night.

I mean he's Attila the fricken Hun!

If he wanted to take her that first day he saw her, he could of.

"You won't be dishonored. I swear it!"

I think she loved him, but her duty to her family won over in the end.

My guess is that she was hesitating, but when he called out NKara's name that sealed the deal.

Maybe she thought if she allowed him to make love to her, she wouldn't be able to follow through and kill him.

I know if I had sex with a man like that, I wouldn't be able to kill him.

*giggles*

He's so beautiful... :swoon:

Bethy