Gerard Butler GALS

"Submit to me and live!" Attila's wives.

I know if I had sex with a man like that, I wouldn't be able to kill him.

Here here!

And in general, women tend to put an emotional connection on sex where guys don't. So that's entirely possible that it would have clouded her vision otherwise.

My feelings can best be described in everything Bethy has said!! :rotflmao:

First of all, let's clarify that we are totally talking about living in the Attila world from the USA Network production. The Real Attila? Let's not talk about him. :lalala:

I feel that some of his wives could have been sealed political deals between Attila and potential warring lands. You know how those other kings brought Attila tribute? There could also have been daughters (princesses) offered as tribute and for political alliance as well as an alternative to destruction by Attila and his forces.

It's kinda like Honoria said, if you can't be a woman of power, at least align yourself with the most powerful man you can find! It certainly helps that our Attila looks like Gerry Butler! So, I guess if I were in the position to become one of his wives, I would.

In all that spare time when he wasn't with me I would be plotting ways to make myself unique and memorable to Attila so that I might capture his heart and therefore, he would become MY love slave! Since I'm also in a position of honor as one of Attila's wives, I would have servants waiting on me hand and foot. Sharing my handsome lover husband King with a few other women certainly beats being a slave myself!

*Song pushes Bethy (or is that Bethyana? hee hee)* while fighting for first place in line for The Great King's attentions!

And if he said "Submit to me and live!" I'd be on my knees in a heartbeat and asking if he'd like me to polish his great wargod sword! :cunning:

:doh: Can you believe what happened because of this one woman's actions? Just think of it! Her killing Attila just before he wed the Princess caused a change in history that well seems innocent enough but think of the results. He could have had hundreds of offsprings and ruled over the Roman Empire! That alone is almost unheard of. He was so powerful and getting ever stronger. :mopboyerik: what would the world have looked like if she had of taken her place and bedded him then changed her plans ; he would have become too big a problem for the Romans to handle. Hmmm then how many of us would have been of his loins!? :bonk: :bouncydrool3:

May, I agree with your last statement there. When I first saw Attila and was listening to the narrator at the end paraphrase that Ildico inadvertently changed the course of history by causing the chaos known as the Dark Ages which pretty much made everything and everyone devolve backwards instead of evolving forward, I got to thinking about how different the world would be had he lived.

The world as we know it now, I seriously doubt we would be experiencing anything like that. The history books would be much different. People would likely be more tolerant of others in all areas. There wouldn't be any (or near as many) religious wars as there have been.

I just got the feeling that, while I'm generally content to a degree with the modern world as we know it even though there are things I don't like, the world that Attila created was how things were meant to be or very near there. And Ildico went and destroyed that when she killed him, all to avenge her father and her selfish desires in the end. But I don't think she or anyone realized the domino effect she created until it was too late to do anything about it.

Y'know, I was thinking. Why did she just poision Attila? What a major mistake. Me, I would have enjoyed him a little before the whole killing thing.

Amen to that! Sorry Ger, but your Attila character, if I had been in her shoes, would've been ravaged and THEN plungered if I was truly going to kill him. LOL!

May, I agree with your last statement there. When I first saw Attila and was listening to the narrator at the end paraphrase that Ildico inadvertently changed the course of history by causing the chaos known as the Dark Ages which pretty much made everything and everyone devolve backwards instead of evolving forward, I got to thinking about how different the world would be had he lived.

The world as we know it now, I seriously doubt we would be experiencing anything like that. The history books would be much different. People would likely be more tolerant of others in all areas. There wouldn't be any (or near as many) religious wars as there have been.

I just got the feeling that, while I'm generally content to a degree with the modern world as we know it even though there are things I don't like, the world that Attila created was how things were meant to be or very near there. And Ildico went and destroyed that when she killed him, all to avenge her father and her selfish desires in the end. But I don't think she or anyone realized the domino effect she created until it was too late to do anything about it.

:mopboyattila: For every action there is a reaction; the problem today is that there are still people who don't stop to think what it may be! As you say it had a dominoe effect and changed the face of history. I wonder how many Attilas there are out in the world today that have the same power to do either good or bad and how many Ildicos are ready to change the face of our history? It is frightening when you know how big the world has gotten since those days and the amount of evil versus good. Maybe some day we might have to revert back to the days when women were meant to replenish the world because of so much loss due to wars (or plaques!). :mopboyerik:

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched this movie again last night, and I cannot get over how beautiful Gerry is!

In that day and time, women were of little value to a man, other than to replenish the population. It was considered an honor to be part of the kings harem; it meant you found favor in his eyes, unless you were just a bargaining chip.

That said, I would share him, as was expected; but there is nothing saying that I have to be happy about it.

(Gerry's) Attila is a gorgeous, brilliant, fair, and powerful man and I dare say, he captured the hearts of all his wives.

N'Kara had his heart, fully; but I do feel that he had to maintain the conduct of a king and have a harem and many children - to populate the world with Huns and keep a strong ground force.

I think Ildico had his heart also, and I feel that she loved him - but she was determined to keep her promise to her father and avenge his death. I think that had he not said N'Kara's name on their wedding night, things would have ended differently.

But I agree with the everyone else - I would have certainly had the man first, and then did him in - if I could still carry through with it. She probably didn't trust herself to be able to kill him if he made love to her.

:heat: Every time I watch Attila he looks more and more sexy it is insane! No amount of make-up can do that much for an actor! He has the entire package deal. I wonder though if he wasn't a bit arogant given that he could just waltz in and steal any woman he wanted? No one dared to say NO to him. Did you see the look he gave them when they did? :worship: :whip: :mopboyattila: Still he could have said Please once in a while "I commandit!". :rotflmao: