Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's fans... really special? or do other actors

I've loved reading all the Las Vegas report about Gerry. He is a very special man. Just wondering, since Gerry is my "first" actor involvement of any kind, do other actors have a fan base as dedicated as Gerry's? Videos, etc.?

I've been really amazed at the talent demonstrated on GB.net and GALS and the hours and hours some of you work to create Gerry videos, work on charity, promote films, etc. I think he is deserving of all this attention and am so happy that the work is done, but is that basic fan behavior or does Gerry have a monopoly on the truly dedicated fans?

Anyone here ever been a fan of someone who has fans that equal the dedication of GALS and Tarts?

I've wondered the same thing myself, since, like you, Gerry is the first actor I've ever been really interested in.

I've followed various celebs since I was little, some with more interest than others. I honestly have to say that Gerry's fans are very special and unique. I've seen how alot of fan communities operate that are truly scary and GALS is the polar opposite. I have never seen a more sincere lovely group of fans who truly respects anyone like they do with Gerry.

The way that the fan groups are that I've seen in the past, is that the celeb in question is a demi-god who has no faults whatsoever and if a fan says a single bad thing about the actor's bad habits, whatever those may be, or they don't agree with something the actor says or does, or whatever, then every single one of the other fans are on them like a pack of rabid wolves about how 'you're not really a fan and you're a disgrace to the 'true' fans since you don't think his s**t doesn't stink' and then banned from the community for good over a single comment that the masses don't like because it makes the celeb into a human instead of a divinity. I've never understood that type of behavior.

The difference with Gerry and his fans is that everyone completely respects each other and their differences of opinion as long as no one steps out of line. Everyone including Gerry knows and accepts that he has faults. I have to say I like him better because of that.

I am like Sirena, I have followed different celebs since I was little and I have to say that Gerry's fans are very unique (in a good way), but than again so is he. He goes out of his way to talk to his fans and other celebs don't. As for the fans themselves, Gerry's fans are so friendly and welcoming and I think that speaks volumes about him. A person tends to be surrounded by people that are a lot like themselves.

There is such a level of respect from his fans and this is probably the longest I have ever stayed tuned in on one celeb and honestly I don't see it fading anytime soon. I love how my life has changed since he has come in to it.

Well this is how I see it.

Fans can be fickle.

They can love one actor one moment, and then a new guy comes along and they love them.

I fell in love with Gerry, Tuesday, January 30th 2001 approx. 9pm EST.

Yep, you're damned right I remember the exact time! ::D:

I saw him in Attila and that was that.

Now, he was beautiful and the most powerful actor I had ever seen.

But he is also an amazing man!

Do you think Tom Cruise would think to call a fan on Christmas Day?

I don't think so.

Gerry loves his fans as much as we love him.

He didn't have to call me.

He didn't have to take several minutes out of his holiday

(after busting his arse on 300 and needing some rest) to call a fan he had never even met.

I think he received letters and my phone number in November, BUT held onto my number and WAITED to call me on Christmas Day.

For goodness sakes.. that is amazing for a celebrity!

He's being pulled every which way, he's busy and needs a personal assistant to keep track of his toothbrush, but he held onto my number and the intention to call ME for almost a month?! (Granted he might have had someone to remind him..but that doesn't matter)

Show me ONE other celebrity who would do such a thing?

His passion, power, talent, kindness, and spirit connects with us, and we know that we will have love and support for this man in everything he does.

I've met a few celebrities.

Many of them when you are talking to them, they are not even looking at you.

They are looking around and then ready in a moment to move on.

When I was on stage with Gerry in Vegas, his eyes were locked onto mine.

There were 100 people there, yet the two of us were alone.

I was the only person in the world for those moments.

He really listened and spoke with his heart.

His talent and beauty has earned him my admiration, but his kindness and the wonderful things he has given me personally, has earned him my eternal respect.

I don't think there is another actor out there who has fans like he does.

Because I don't think there is an actor out there who can match his heart.

That's my 2 1/2 cents.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

EDIT:

I acknowledge that it was wrong of me to "assume" no other actor would do what Gerry had done.

I acknowledge this in a later post as well.

I'm sorry if I offended any fans of other actors.

I do not know what they would or would not do.

I was just so moved by what my favorite actor did for me.

It seemed like an amazing thing for a fan, and seemed like a rare treasured occurance.

I'm sure there are other actors out there who are kind and generous to their fans.

But no one will be held higher in my favor. Gerard Butler is "it" for me, for obvious reasons.

That was what I intended to say.

No disrespect intended.

Thanks.

Bethy

Edited by Cleobethra

Like Stalow and Eurofoxx........I have often wondered the same thing..... and suspected that Gerry's fans were a very special group of people.

Bethy........that was just beautiful.

Absolutely!

There's not a group of people in the world who can compare to Gerry's fans!

My trip to Vegas was PAID FOR by the GALS here on this site.

They all pulled together and gave me the wonderful gift of sending me to Vegas!

As I said to Gerry on the phone..

"We come together because we love him..but stay together because we love each other"

I love each and every person on this site.

We have made lifelong friendships.

Gerry's passion, beauty, spirit, and lust for life has inspired others make the world a better place for their friends.

Like I have been saying for years...

Gerry is changing the world..one movie at a time.

:hugs:

Bethy

WOW! Cleobethra! That is an amazing story; being new to this site, I had no idea the woman I saw on stage with Gerry in those video clips was you!! I am completely speechless.

I would love to know more about this. Of all the fans, that I am sure send him their phone numbers and addresses, why did he choose to call you? I think that is the most awesome thing I have ever heard!

I know there is probably a thread somewhere with this story on it, but I have no idea where to look. Could someone let me know?

WOW!! :bouncydrool3:

Jacqlyn

Guest greyeyegoddess

Gerry's fans are special, in their own way.

I'm still a fan of other entertainers. There are good people who are entertainers who are as giving as Gerry is (ducking fruit).

When people ask me if there are sites like Gerry's...yes, there are sites with fans just as giving and respecting as Gerry's fans.

Fans will stay where they feel comfortable, welcomed and happy.

We really have tunnel vision if we think that Gerry fans are the only ones like this out here (ducking again).

Unless you are a deep and true fan of Tom Cruise, you cannot say that he would never call a fan.

A lot of entertainers make time for fans because without fans, popularity wouldn't grow.

~alice

WOW! Cleobethra! That is an amazing story; being new to this site, I had no idea the woman I saw on stage with Gerry in those video clips was you!! I am completely speechless.

I would love to know more about this. Of all the fans, that I am sure send him their phone numbers and addresses, why did he choose to call you? I think that is the most awesome thing I have ever heard!

I know there is probably a thread somewhere with this story on it, but I have no idea where to look. Could someone let me know?

WOW!! :bouncydrool3:

Jacqlyn

EDIT: Boy you are fast, Barb! Thanks for linking the story! :hugs:

Gerry's fans are special, in their own way.

I'm still a fan of other entertainers. There are good people who are entertainers who are as giving as Gerry is (ducking fruit).

When people ask me if there are sites like Gerry's...yes, there are sites with fans just as giving and respecting as Gerry's fans.

Fans will stay where they feel comfortable, welcomed and happy.

We really have tunnel vision if we think that Gerry fans are the only ones like this out here (ducking again).

Unless you are a deep and true fan of Tom Cruise, you cannot say that he would never call a fan.

A lot of entertainers make time for fans because without fans, popularity wouldn't grow.

~alice

You're right, Alice.

I apologize to any Tom Cruise fans out there.

I didn't mean to disrespect any actors out there.

I was just speaking from personal experiences of other celebrities I have met.

Many find it a chore to converse with fans.

I am sure there are other celebrities out there who have not lost their heart in the glow

of fame and fortune.

I guess I am just blinded by the loving sisterhood (and brotherhood..love my PALS! :kisswink: ) that I have found here.

And since Gerard Butler gave my Mother, who was the most important person in my life, some hope before she died, I respect him above all others.

But even though I feel this way, I have no right to assume that there are no others like him.

No need to duck fruit.

I worded that wrong.

My apologies. *flogs self*

:hugs:

Bethy

Wow Bethy I agree with the senitment you were making!!

I think the uniqueness of Gerry's fans is because it's not just the :droolpuddle: :heat::hubba: ness of the man that keeps us here, we are drawn here by his talant, manner the whole package!!

Some fans of Celebs are only after the :hubba: factor which fades easily and they get bored and leave the sites.

All actors have there die-hard fans who love and respect their chosen Celeb, other fans and other celebs and having never experienced their worlds I won't comment too much on it, to me Gals and Gerry fans are special, name another actor who's fans have hosted 2 conventions, umteen localised get togethers and bunches of screenings of his flicks !!

That's all right, Bethy. You are right that a lot of celebs find fans to be a burden.

When I told my hubby about Gerry's call to you, he said, "he must care a lot about his fans." I agree. I was very impressed that he remembered to talk to you at the convention after all those months. I hope Gerry stays the same way no matter how big he gets. I think maybe his age and maturity are an advantage here, because he won't let it get to his head as easily.

I think that Gerry truely cares for his fans and appreciates them

he is kind, caring and compassionate

and I think that Gerry is truely lucky to have the wonderful fans who I have been fortunate enough to have met on many occasions

the person who Gerry is I believe

attracts those who are similar

not always....... there are always the exceptions

but from what I have seen, heard and read

he appears to accomodate and encourage the friendships that have blossomed

because of him

maybe even, if he doesnt always understand it

I would like to think that deep down inside that he really does.......

Jennifer

Guest greyeyegoddess

(((((((Bethy)))))))

I didn't mean to sound "pointy finger", but as someone who has been an "online" fan of other actors, I know that they do have contact with fans, they do a lot of charity, they care for their fans, and make appearances. We just see it in Gerry a lot because we're here. And I'm here too.

Bethy's experience is unique to all of us and quite special to her.

If we go by what the media says about celebrities, we're only getting half the story, if that.

For those new to this unique experience, it's a wonderful ride and Gerry is the greatest. I don't doubt there is something special about him. Why would I have spent a year and a half chatting along with fans if I didn't think Gerry could keep my attention?

Someone just sent me a little clip of Gerry and the horse from Beowulf, and I fell in love all over again.

:claphands:

• 3 weeks later...
:confused: I haven't been this involved with someone since the Beatles. I used to write to them when I was a wee lass but never got an answer from them. Then after seeing POTO I felt compelled to write to him and have been doing it for over a year now. And yes did get a response. However; there is something in this person that is strangely differant from other stars. I can't quite put my finger on it and have stopped trying to resist it and go with the flow. I can't remember how or when I started joining these sites dedicated to him only that I can't remember what my life was before I did! :stars: I'm glad that thanks to him I've made so many new friends who enforce my reason to be here (our common bond). He is magical and mystical and everything we look for in a hero. :inlove:

:confused: I haven't been this involved with someone since the Beatles. I used to write to them when I was a wee lass but never got an answer from them. Then after seeing POTO I felt compelled to write to him and have been doing it for over a year now. And yes did get a response. However; there is something in this person that is strangely differant from other stars. I can't quite put my finger on it and have stopped trying to resist it and go with the flow. I can't remember how or when I started joining these sites dedicated to him only that I can't remember what my life was before I did! :stars: I'm glad that thanks to him I've made so many new friends who enforce my reason to be here (our common bond). He is magical and mystical and everything we look for in a hero. :inlove:

may, who are the Beatles? LOL :rotflmao:

May,

Same goes here except also Elvis in addition to the Beatles. Are we dating ourselves?

Anyway, I think Gerry is unique in the fact that he doesn't understand why we are

crazy about him! He is cute,funny, charming and sexy without trying. It just comes

natural. I think it's an act to get a response for some other celebrities.

But not GB. That's one reason I have been following his career since Feb. 2005. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I am like Sirena, I have followed different celebs since I was little and I have to say that Gerry's fans are very unique (in a good way), but than again so is he. He goes out of his way to talk to his fans and other celebs don't. As for the fans themselves, Gerry's fans are so friendly and welcoming and I think that speaks volumes about him. A person tends to be surrounded by people that are a lot like themselves.

There is such a level of respect from his fans and this is probably the longest I have ever stayed tuned in on one celeb and honestly I don't see it fading anytime soon. I love how my life has changed since he has come in to it.

I totally agree. It's a two-way street and I think that the feelings displayed by Gerry's fans somehow come from how Gerry is himself.

May,

Same goes here except also Elvis in addition to the Beatles. Are we dating ourselves?

Anyway, I think Gerry is unique in the fact that he doesn't understand why we are

crazy about him! He is cute,funny, charming and sexy without trying. It just comes

But not GB. That's one reason I have been following his career since Feb. 2005. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

:doh: You bet we are dating ourselves! Do you think that is why we are so wrapt up in gerry because we are sufforing from empty nest syndrome? :comfort::tissues: And he is the baby we want to take home! :hmm2: :ohbaby2: :rotflmao:

May,

:doh: You bet we are dating ourselves! Do you think that is why we are so wrapt up in gerry because we are sufforing from empty nest syndrome? :comfort::tissues: And he is the baby we want to take home! :hmm2: :ohbaby2: :rotflmao:

ooooooooohhhhhhhhh, What a babeeeeeeeee..............not in a motherly way. LOL :heat: :funnyabove: :funnyabove: