Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Stef with an F

Vegas Transcript - Gerry's Appearance

I just read the transcript, between that and the messages for the boards and from what everyone has said about him, really, he just seems like the nicest man. I've never even met him and if anyone said anything negative about him I'd be pissed.

Thank you so much for posting that!!

How interesting. After 3 whole years, I was compelled to read the transcript and this entire thread again, and I have to say... it makes me a little sad. Not because of anything Gerry did or didn't do.... but after all this time, there have been some huge changes in fandom.

After the 06 convention... we all came in here and shared our hearts, gushing over Gerry to our heart's content, not caring what others thought at the time. In a way we were just all so innocent and happy in our fandom... but after 3 years, I notice that many of the people who posted on this thread are no longer here, and some I know for a fact are no longer fans or have become far more cynical about all things Gerry.

Of course things do change, people change, their interests change.... even Gerry has grown and changed in some ways. Still, I loved the magic of those early days when it was okay to gush and when our rose colored glasses were firmly in place.

I don't need mine anymore, because I'm not as innocent about all this as I once was either... but I still choose to slip them on from time to time.

Reading the transcript brings it all back.

Swannie

Gerry gushing is still allowed, even encouraged, around here. It may just be that there are more of us who attended the convention this year who have been around for awhile and while we are still just as ardent in our fanship it has also matured some, and blossomed in other ways. There are only so many times I can gush over the same picture or the same interview, but I'm no less intense in my feelings about Gerry now than I was in 2005 or 2006. It might be kind of like a marriage - when you first fall in love and you are in the rush of infatuation everything seems to kick the adrenaline in gear and you giggle and smile about every little thing. But then you get married and the infatuation fades but (hopefully) the love blooms and grows in a deeper more meaningful way. You probably don't gush and giggle to your friends about every cute thing your husband does, but he means even more to you, to your life, than he did in the beginning. I think of my fandom that way too. I may not be as gushy as I was in the beginning but the impact that Gerry has had on my life in these 3-1/2 years has been most profound and my devotion is deeper and more permanent than it was then.

For those who are newer to their fandom they are still exploring and discovering the wonderfulness that is all things Gerry. We welcome the gushing, and sometimes it takes us back to the beginning, to that first rush of realization that we'd found someone very special indeed.

Beautifully said Susan. I find that I feel that way too. I don't get excited with every little new thing Gerry does like I did when I first discovered him, but I do appreciate him on a deeper level now. I just hope he gets me something good on our three year anniversary. :D

:wuv: I think everyone here knows that I'm not a 'gusher', more quietly reserved, as is my nature........What? :whiteflag: OK! OK! very 'bawdy' when I played in the sewer Gutter, but I still bless the day I decided to find out more about the man............and found Gals.

I adore Gerry and would, if able, crawl a mile to see his sweet, handsome face, and while on my knees, :bow: worship at the shrine of the 'Jeans'.......and maybe poke a little finger in a rip or two!

Though I may not post as often as many do, but my devotion to Gerry remains the same, no Susan is right, it's deeper and stronger. :gerry:

hugs,

Anna X :gotgals:

:ty: Thanks again Holly for a wonderful job on the transcript. :wuv:

Gees, between the videos posted and reading the transcript, I feels as tho I was "almost" there!

*but still wishing she really was*

Thanks for sharing all these stories GALS! :D

Gees, between the videos posted and reading the transcript, I feels as tho I was "almost" there!

:welcome: Tmpt!

It was hard to "type through the pain" of Post Vegas Blues back then. [shudders] Comes back to me like it was yesterday. It's rewarding to know the transcript is still being viewed.

Lovely, lovely post, Missus Sporran! Great analogy. :clap:

Glad you enjoyed it, Tmpttneyes! That was a lot of fun. I'm so glad that evening can be shared.

:hugs:

Amen, Sistah Susan! Great analogy and I so agree!

It's my belief that Gerry is still able to 'feel the love' from his fans, too!

I printed the transcript out at work and spent my morning reading it!!! I love the details, I can imagine being right there!!

I cannot wait til 2009!!!!!!!!!!