Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
phantomskiss

Beowulfe & Grendel review in Entertainment Weekly

This isn't a question/problem, but I wasn't sure where to post it where you would be sure to read it. You are all so helpful when someone has a question, I thought I would post it here and you'd be sure to read it. :claphands:

I just finished reading my newest copy of Entertainment Weekly and I was happily surprised to see a review of "Beowulf & Grendel". They gave it a "B". I can send you a transcript of it if you want. It's not very long.

Susan

Thank you for the information. Can you please tell us what the article said?

Entertainment Weekly #887

July 21, 2006

Beowulf & Grendel

Gerard Butler, Sarah Polley

R, 102 mins. (Truly Indie)

Who are you calling a troll? The Grendel in question in Beowulf & Grendel, a muscular, ardently naturalistic retelling of the ninth-century Anglo-Saxon saga, may be on a bloody tear, and Tomb Raider 2's Gerard Butler rattles a lot of heroic chain mail. But Canadian-Icelandic director Sturla Gunnarsson focuses on the more interesting psychology of tribalism - as well as on the moderating influence of a witchy woman, played with usual confrontational sass by Sarah Polley. As demanded by the public in any movie with Nordic (or piratical) content, Stellan Skarsgard growls heartily as Hrothgar, king of the Danes. B - LS

Thank you for the information. Can you please tell us what the article said?

Thanks for pointing this out Susan... I skipped right over it in my issue.

:thankyou:

Thank you Susan! I saw the same thing today in my copy while I was at the gym. So I scanned it this afternoon and added it to our gallery here:

Posted Image

But we needed a text transcript - so thank you again!

Hugs,

Stef

Thanks for sharing the good news that B&G was noted in a "maintstream" print magazine. ::D:

Wouldn't it be wonderful, and ironic, if all the devoted grassroots support on behalf of B&G, which has led to the film showing in the US, which has led to a variety of articles/reviews about the film, leads to additional demands for showings of B&G, and a ground-swell grows until the film finally gets its justified, broad distribution.

Hey, a girl can dream.... :butterfly: