Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
psycho

random questions from a newbee

I have never been in a forum before so I have no idea if I am doing this correctly. Anyway, here are some nonrelated questions:

In Dear Frankie when everyone is sitting at the bar and the stranger pulls out cigarettes, Marie says "when did you start smoking, Louis blah blah blah blah. What is the blah blah blah part?

From reading old stuff, Tonya worked for Gerry, left, and came back. What's that about? Is that too personal question?

I read in some old articles that Joel and Gerry argued so much that Joel will not say Gerry's name in interviews. Is there any truth to that?

Why are the horses so small in Beowulf? Is that an Iceland evolution problem?

At the end of POTO when he is breaking the mirrors, does anyone else think he looks like Marlon Brando?

Has Gerry ever taken any acting Lessons?

In Dear Frankie when everyone is sitting at the bar and the stranger pulls out cigarettes, Marie says "when did you start smoking, Louis blah blah blah blah. What is the blah blah blah part?

She asks "When did you start smoking those? What happened to your precious roll-ups?", meaning that she wonders when he stopped rolling his own cigarettes.

Why are the horses so small in Beowulf? Is that an Iceland evolution problem?

Icelandic horses, like Shetland ponies and many other animals that come from harsh environments, are evolutionarily selected to be small, compact and hardy. They are able to survive on smaller amounts of food of wildly varying quality as a result. It has to do with environmental fitness. Nowadays, Icelandics are *bred* for the small size, hardy constitution, good temper and the "tolt," which is that fast, smooth single-foot gait that you see a lot of in the film.

:Welcome2:, BTW.

:Welcome2: psycho. Gee, that's kinda scary typing that. :lol:

I'm not sure if I can answer all your questions but I'll give it a shot.

1. The scene from DF - I'm pretty sure Marie says "When did you start smokin' those? What happened to your beloved roll-ups?" The look they all give is that he is supposed to be Frankie's dad and would therefore be a complete stranger to Marie. How would she know about his choice of ciggies, then? (Of course she knows really cuz they're siblings.) They were concerned that Frankie would catch on to the slip up. That's why she said after they'd taken a breath,"Make my next one a double."

2. Yes, Tonya used to work for Gerry. She quit for personal reasons but is now back working for him again. She is absolutely delightful, darling and beautiful. She shared with us in Vegas that they have been friends for 10 years and she's been working for him for 3, I think. I, for one, and I know tons of others are glad she's back working for him. She seems to genuinely care about him and it's nice to know he has someone around like that.

3. I have never heard anything other than nice stuff between Joel and Gerry so can't help you there. :confused:

4. Don't know anything about the small ponies in Iceland but I'm sure it has something to do with smaller animals having an easier time surviving in such a harsh climate. But I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Anyone else?

5. I guess I'm going to have to force myself to watch POTO for the 1 millionth time :lol: to see if he looks like Marlon. I'm too busy feeling sorry for Erik to have noticed but we all see something different in Gerry. He's pretty amazing so I wouldn't be surprised.

6. As far as I've read, he hasn't taken acting lessons.

I'm sure if I'm wrong on any of this, someone will make the correction. We're so glad to have you here. This is a fun website and we look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Take care. :kisswink:

Edit: Hi Fiona! :wave: We posted about the same time, I see. I knew someone would know more about the ponies.

Edited by discoveringme

Hi! Psycho! :wave:

WELCOME TO GALS!

These are very good questions.

I'm so glad Fiona and Jill could answer them for you.

> I didn't exactly catch that in DF.

> I didn't know Tonya has only worked for Gerry for 3 years.

> Never heard that about Joel.

> Cool about the ponies.

> Yes, I agree he resembles Marlon Brando in that scene.

> I knew Gerry didn't have any acting lessons.

See, I just learned something new, too.

Thanks ladies!

Cheers!

:hello: Hi Psycho, Welcome aboard! :welcome: Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!

Since most of your questions seem to be answered, I will reply only to the look alike question.

I think Gerry resembled Elvis, hadn't thought of Brando.

:igotgals: