Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
may

Canadian how's it goin eh!

Oh Canada! So great to find some Canadian Gals! :pointy:

I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Born and raised in Northwestern Ontario. Both my parents were born in Quebec...Gaspe...so I spent many summers at the family farm. Love my country and travelling within it. My recent travel goals involve visiting every captial city and province in Canada. I travel to Toronto on business quite a bit. Love the energy there but still love coming home. It is such a great feeling to fly over Lake Superior and see our familiar landmark "The Sleeping Giant". Ahhh...yes...my man Sleepy G. Home. Nothing beats the spectacular waterfront view here. We have some of the most breathtaking cottage properties here and I have been fortunate enough to have designed a few.

Anyone Gals here attending the TIFF? Wondering if our favourite man will be there. As luck would have it I will be there on business and hope to catch a glimpse of a famous face. My friend and I are holding out for either Gerry Butler or Colin Firth. A dream perhaps? :drool1:

Wishing you all a fabulous day! Hope you all are enjoying some great weather. We have had sun here for three days...totally unheard of...this summer it has been all about percipitation. I think our summer has just begun.

:behave:

Hey Thunder Bay. Though I am in Winnipeg, we might have a connection. My father is from Finland and did have friends in Thunder Bay. Have cousins on my mother's side in Kenora. Been through Ontario to Niagara Falls but not TO yet! Would love to go to TIFF but saving the $ for VEGAS.

Hey Lady in Winnipeg!

Love Winnipeg. My niece goes to university there and I have a friend that just moved there. I was there in February on business. The Finnish community is huge here in Thunder Bay. I think we have the second largest Finnish population next to Finland. Rick Mercer was here in the winter and did a segment on Lake Superior ice racing. I have heard he will be back to do another segment on the Finnish community. If you make it here...visit Bay Street and Algoma...visit the Hoito...for some Finnish pancakes...they are awesome. We are only 8 hours by car or a 1 hour flight.

When is the Vegas convention taking place next year? I have never been to Vegas. My sister keeps saying we should do a sister trip there. It sounds like fun.

Regarding TIFF...I was fortunate that my board meeting landed smack dab in the middle of TIFF. Also fortunate that a friend rented me a condo suite in her building for $75 per night...on Bloor no less. Unheard of in Toronto...especially during TIFF. All the hotel rooms are either booked or very, very expensive. It is pretty ridiculous when your accommodations cost more than your return flight.

:wow2:

Canadian here too Manitoba to more specific

Winterpeg born and bred

Hey there! I am in Winnipeg too. Just a small note for our Canadian gals. I saw Paul Gross at the Gimli Film Festival this weekend. He looks better in person!! he's off to the Toronto Film Festival to promote his new movie. He was part of a forum on producing and distributing Canadian movies. It was very informative.

WL

Canadian here too Manitoba to more specific

Winterpeg born and bred

Hey there! I am in Winnipeg too. Just a small note for our Canadian gals. I saw Paul Gross at the Gimli Film Festival this weekend. He looks better in person!! he's off to the Toronto Film Festival to promote his new movie. He was part of a forum on producing and distributing Canadian movies. It was very informative.

WL

:cunning:Oh Ladyfingers you lucky lady you! I love Paul Gross and when I started a petition to save his show "Due South" he sent me a thank-you kindly signed photo of himself in his red RCMP outfit :yummy: ....It mysteriously disappeared when we moved...I think my hubby must have been jealous of it! :tantrum: The only reason I never mention his name here among my other favorite men is because people asks me "who?" He is totally delicious! Hello all you Canadian gals it is like coming home for me here! :kisswink:

Hey If anyone is wishing to enjoy Scotland without the traveling too far, Folklorama starts this weekend in Winnipeg. The Scottish site is one of the best. The entertainment is non-stop, the display includes clan tartans and the food is authentic. Did you know there is a Polish tartan? Seems the Scottish fought with the Polish people when the Swedes were invading Poland. I guess that puts me in the S**TLIST with Scottish men because every Mc I've dated becomes distant. Chuckle, chuckle.

I'll keep trying and go the Scotland in Winnipeg.

WL

Anyone Gals here attending the TIFF? Wondering if our favourite man will be there. As luck would have it I will be there on business and hope to catch a glimpse of a famous face. My friend and I are holding out for either Gerry Butler or Colin Firth. A dream perhaps? :drool1:

Good day eh all, great to see so many Canuks here on board. I would love to be able to get together with other fans here, I am literally steps away from TIFF.

Off to peek around some, TGIF Gals.

:badcomp:

Good day eh all, great to see so many Canuks here on board. I would love to be able to get together with other fans here, I am literally steps away from TIFF.

Off to peek around some, TGIF Gals.

:badcomp:

Wow you lucky Canucks you! I hope that you share any photos you catch of Gerry or Paul Gross? Hey why don't you two gals get together over there?[/color]

How's it goin' eh? (Don't you just love Bob and Doug McKenzie!?!)

I just stumbled across this thread! WOW! Talk about representing Canada!!!

Hello to my fellow Canucks! I'm a born and bred prairie gal from Calgary! It's so great to meet others from across this great land of ours and be all connected by our love for one thing...GERRY!!!

What a big, beautiful boy he is!

I look forward to chatting with all of you.

A big hello to all the lovely Canadian Gals here! Hope everyone had a better week than I did. All week long my life was reminescent of a very sad country song. It all started on Sunday when my car tire blew out...and then the weekend went downhill from there. I took today off...but I would not call it vacation time...I would call it a mental health day.

I just checked out the TIFF schedule. RocknRolla is being shown on September 4th. I won't be in Toronto until September 7th. :fook: The TIFF Press Release states that Gerry will be there. I am really sad I won't see him. :boohoo:

I am nuts but I have this fantasy that I meet my friend for dinner in the trendy Yorkville area and we see Gerry walk into the restaurant. I am such a dreamer. That is one thing on my bucket list that I honestly feel will never be accomplished :seeyou:

If any of you GALS are going to TIFF and you meet Gerry...please tell him that Lisa sends her love. :ty:

Edited by InteriorDesignerGirl

How's it goin' eh? (Don't you just love Bob and Doug McKenzie!?!)

I just stumbled across this thread! WOW! Talk about representing Canada!!!

Hello to my fellow Canucks! I'm a born and bred prairie gal from Calgary! It's so great to meet others from across this great land of ours and be all connected by our love for one thing...GERRY!!!

What a big, beautiful boy he is!

I look forward to chatting with all of you.

:funnyup: Hey there Razberry! "coo roo coo coo coo coo coo coo!" "How's it goin eh?" Here...have a beer and grab a touque... :drink::rotflmao:

Hi gals,

How's it going, eh? I can't imagine why people think we say "eh" all the time..... :metoyou:

I guess I have something in common with you both> Born & raised in Montreal, but now I live in Alberta.

:igotgals:

WendyM

Hi gals,

How's it going, eh? I can't imagine why people think we say "eh" all the time..... :metoyou:

I guess I have something in common with you both> Born & raised in Montreal, but now I live in Alberta.

:igotgals:

WendyM

:funnyup:Um actually in our family...we use it quite frequently..ahem :embarassed: and we are a mixture of French Quebecers and English Quebecers...

Hi girls! So am I the only Canadian on this thread that's going to the TIFF. I'd love to meet more of you!!

Anyone game?

Hi girls! So am I the only Canadian on this thread that's going to the TIFF. I'd love to meet more of you!!

Anyone game?

Lucky Gal you! Unfortunately I can not attend but my heart will be with you and don't forget if you get any photos to share with those of us here! I hope you have a great time...

Anyone game?

I would love to go, but I'm right in the thick of it at that time. I hope you meet him. Take lots of pics!

Are any of us Canadian GALS thinking of going to Vegas? I'm seriously thinking about it!!!

Anyone game?

I would love to go, but I'm right in the thick of it at that time. I hope you meet him. Take lots of pics!

Are any of us Canadian GALS thinking of going to Vegas? I'm seriously thinking about it!!!

I am seriously making plans for Vega$. I check the site every few days for updates. Because of my job, getting vacation time needs to be planned well in advance so Toronto is a no go.:(

IT SNOWED YESTERDAY!!!!! :funnyup::funnyup::funnyup:

Time to break out the parka, mukluks, mitts and touque!!!!!!

How's the weather where you are???

Raz

Northern Ontario is cold, damp and rainy. Not ready for this! Can it be possible to be born and raised here in Canada and absolutely hate winter? Yes. I much prefer summer and fall. I am still scratching my head wondering where this year has gone.

Hello Fellow CanadianGALs!!! *waves*

I just recently joined this forum and just stumbles upon this post :) Well I too am a born and bred Canadian girl, Vancouver to be exact, but I moved to Kelowna about 2 and 1/2 years ago.

I agree with most of you that I almost never hear anyone say 'eh' and I don't use it either.

Well I just wanted to say Hi..so HI!!! :wave:

Cheers!

Brianne

Posted Image HAPPY CANADA DAY! To all my Canadian Gals here; hope you are enjoying all the festivities across Canada... :cheer::partytime: I'm glad to be a Butlergal and proud to be Canadian too....as Gerry once said..."We are ALL connected!" Edited by may

Hey Everyone,

Just found this thread and thought id bump it up again and say hi. well im a born Scotsman but for the last 4 and a bit years ive been in Hamilton / Toronto Ontario. I really enjoy it here but most of my family is still back home in Stirling Scotland.

If you dont know me already im the Pal that shows the Gerry movies weekly where u can chat as you watch.see link below.Hope to speak with some of you soon.

cheers.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Let's try to get this thread going again, eh. I'm from Montreal originally, but I live in Alberta now.

Hubby is from Glasgow. He's been here a little longer than you though. About 29 years longer.

Still has his acent though. Especially when he gets worked up about something, or ticked off.

WendyM :wave:

:wave: Hey there Canadian Gals I'd like to welcome Kitkatz to the site and also to the Canadian thread. Help me welcome the latest Canadian Gal to our Butlergals site? Edited by may

:wave: Hey there Canadian Gals I'd like to welcome Kitkatz to the site and also to the Canadian thread. Help me welcome the latest Canadian Gal to our Butlergals site?

This was very sweet of you. Thank you so much. :wuv:

:wave: Hey there Canadian Gals I'd like to welcome Kitkatz to the site and also to the Canadian thread. Help me welcome the latest Canadian Gal to our Butlergals site?

This was very sweet of you. Thank you so much. :wuv:

I am so glad you like it here too. Don't forget that Gerry was part Canadian too; because he lived in Montreal at the age of 2 before moving to Scotland...It is a good excuse for we Canadians to snuggle up to him don't ya think? Being that it is so darn cold here; we need a big and rugged guy like him to snuggle up with on those cold and looooong winter nights! Even if it is only watching his movies and chatting about him here... Cleobethra can set you up with a sexy avatar and siggy/banner. I went to her before even attempting to make my own. Now after so long; I've made it a habit of changing so often; that I make my own.

You will also need a "trading card"; I chose Sigourney Weaver because to me she is my hero. I loved her in all the Alien movies. But you can choose whom ever you like then ask Cleobethra to make it for you.. Don't be shy; just go to the members section and if you have any problems; I'm sure Zanyzombie (Mod) will help. She is also another fabulous lady who leads us all here. As you post (in any thread) your rank goes up and you get another sexy avatar of Gerry. I made mine go up really fast at first by posting in the "Happy Birthday" or "Welcome to Gals" threads or the "gaming" area. I just know that you will have fun here...hugs May