Gerard Butler GALS

Chippendale's - June 7, 2007

Dr. Em

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I am driving and not sure when I am leaving Phoenix, makes me a little unpredictable, but If I get there in time, my Safari van holds 7 people beside myself, and I'm cheaper than any taxi. LOL If I'm there in time, don't be afraid to ask me for a ride.

Sally

Chips peeps,

As stated in part, from Post No. 1:

As far as transportation to and from the show, The Rio and the Flamingo are 'sister properties' of Harrah's, there is free shuttle service available to and from the Harrah's owned hotels every 30 mins. from 10 AM until 4 AM.

Here's some more info:

Where is the theater which hosts the Chippendales show located within The Rio?

In the Masquerade Village, 2nd floor next to entrance from parking garage.

What time do the doors open to the theater for the show at 8:30?

Approximately 45 minutes before the show starts.

Also, romanticbabyboomer, as this is not an "official" gb fan convention event, I believe we're all on our own as transportation to and from the show. But, whoever wants to 'discuss amongst yourselves' about getting there, go for it! GALS ingenuity at work!

Everyone who has purchased one of the group tickets:

We will try to have our group tickets available to hand out hopefully at least an hour before the show, AT THE VENUE. I believe that at least one of the Mod Squad will be there with the pre-order list in order to keep track of those particular tickets.

Those not on the pre-order pre-paid group list are on their own as to procuring their ticket for the show and may not be able to be seated with our group. *crossing fingers that you can*

Katie...thanks for the information...it helps so much for planning.

Amy....Deetz and I will probably take the shuttle too....it's a good deal!

Hugs, Linda

Katie...thanks for the information...it helps so much for planning.

Amy....Deetz and I will probably take the shuttle too....it's a good deal!

Hugs, Linda

Poppy!!!! :claphands: Yippee!!!I would love to hook up with you guys!!!!

Thanks, Katie! I know I had read that, but I guess my mind was elsewhere yesterday! Hmmm....I wonder what I could have been thinking of? :cunning: LMAO

And we'll be taking the shuttle, for sure!

Thanks, Katie! I know I had read that, but I guess my mind was elsewhere yesterday! Hmmm....I wonder what I could have been thinking of? :cunning: LMAO

And we'll be taking the shuttle, for sure!

I'll be taking the shuttle also... and dragging Holly with me LOL

TWO WEEKS from today *dancing* we'll be in VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear God, let me be correct about the shuttle service!! :rotflmao:

I searched around on the Internet last night trying to find that information for sure and struck out, however, I was interrupted with real life before I completed my search. I will call Harrah's if I have to, just to verify. *Gal on a mission*

Hey Misty...our temporary mind fog is called

VEGAS CONVENTION FEVER!!! I have a huge case of it right now, and like with G.A.L.S., there ain't no cure!! :claphands::claphands::funnyface:

Hey Misty...our temporary mind fog is called

VEGAS CONVENTION FEVER!!! I have a huge case of it right now, and like with G.A.L.S., there ain't no cure!! :claphands::claphands::funnyface:

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Less than 14 days and I'll be in VEGAS, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a reminder for anyone who is attending:

We have a thread with an unofficial Attendee List in the 2007 GB Fan Convention Forum which lists folks' screennames as well as real names. It was quite entertaining last year trying to find people as we began to trickle in without knowing full names. :lol:

Holly will be compiling a more official list at Registration that will include cell phones, etc for those that want to include their information on it. However, since many of us will be arriving before the Friday registration, I just wanted to drop a reminder to be sure to add your name to the list if you are so inclined.

If you don't want to, that's okay. If you need the password, just PM a mod and we can get it to you as long as you are on the official registration list.

2007 GB Fan Convention Forum

Many thanks. :wave:

Dear God, let me be correct about the shuttle service!! :rotflmao:

Ok Jenn, Holly, Katie, Perrin and whoever else, I am going solo this year so I am gonna be your shadow, so Can I follow ya on the shuttle to Chippies

Chris :confused:

Chris, you'd be welcome to be my shadow anywhere anytime!! (But, please see my prayer above. :rotflmao:)

:hearts:

Katie

I got this from the www.harrahs.com Customer Service FAQ.

The Rio and our sister properties, Caesar's Palace, Bally's, Paris and Harrah's Las Vegas on the Strip, offer a complimentary shuttle to and from The Rio.

Please Note: The shuttle only runs from The Rio to the sister property, not from property to property.

Complimentary Service - Times

Our shuttle will operate 10:00a.m - 1:00a.m. daily 7 days a week

Pick-up times are approximately every 15 minutes from each location. (depending on traffic conditions).

Pick-Up Locations

o Rio: Carnival World Buffet entrance

o Bally's/Paris: Limousine entrance (Flamingo Rd side)

o Caesar's Palace: Augustus Tower valet entrance

o Harrah's Las Vegas: Shuttle/Bus/Trolley drop off

Now, as to why they don't mention the SIXTH sister property, The Flamingo, has me scratching my head in confusion.

I thought the Flamingo was a Hilton hotel and sister to the Las Vegas Hilton, not a Harrah's property. (At least it was last time I stayed there) Did Harrahs buy it???? :confused:

Suzie

I thought the Flamingo was a Hilton hotel and sister to the Las Vegas Hilton, not a Harrah's property. (At least it was last time I stayed there) Did Harrahs buy it???? :confused:

Suzie

Yup, The Flamingo is definitely part of Harrah's now, along with Caesar's Palace, The Rio, Paris, and Bally's.

Check out this link:

http://www.harrahs.com/destinations/las-ve...rket-home.shtml

If anyone else wants to join in the detective work regarding the shuttle service, go for it!

It was months ago when I first checked on this, so maybe it's changed now. :confused:

But I know I didn't just pull that original info. outta my :barebum:!!

:rotflmao:

Hugs,

Katie

:funnyabove:

Are ya sure you didn't, Katie? :kisswink:

:rotflmao:

If anyone finds out, definitely let us know! If I get time, I might call!

Does anyone know if the Flamingo offers a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and vice versa? Or just from hotel to hotel?

From what I can tell, we are stuck taking a cab from the airport! I hope I'm wrong though! :D

If anyone else wants to join in the detective work regarding the shuttle service, go for it!

I just called the Flamingo and as of April 1st the shuttle runs 10:00am - 1:00am daily.

Every 30 minutes.

And it does shuttle back and forth from the Flamingo and Rio.

So, you were right after all Katie!

:hugs:

I just called the Flamingo and as of April 1st the shuttle runs 10:00am - 1:00am daily.

Every 30 minutes.

And it does shuttle back and forth from the Flamingo and Rio.

So, you were right after all Katie!

:hugs:

Bless you Zany! Thanks for checking...I should have just called, but I was trying to 'find it in writing' somewhere!! :rotflmao:

As to Rissa's question regarding the shuttle services from the airport to the various hotels, yes, I read something about that last night while re'sairch'ing my Harrah's shuttle question. I'll get back to you in a sec on that info. :hugs:

http://www.vegas.com/transportation/shuttles.html

Transportation: Airport Shuttles Shuttles are located outside of baggage claim at McCarran International Airport. Shuttle prices listed here are per person and subject to change without notice. Shuttles operate seven days a week.

SERVICE IN VEGAS

Bell Trans

7:45 a.m. - Midnight

To Strip hotels - $5.00

To Downtown hotels - $6.50

Off-Strip hotels - $6.00

Walk-up limousine - $42.00 per hour

Walk-up sedan - $35.00 per hour

(702) 739-7990

(800) 274-7433

Citizens Area Transit

Routes 108 and 109 have direct access to the airport and stop outside the arrivals and baggage claim area.

There is no direct CAT bus service from the airport to the Vegas Strip. There is CAT bus service on the Strip. Routes 301 and 302 provide bus service on the Strip.

(702) 228-7433

CLS Transportation

Open 24 hours

To Strip hotels - $5.00

To Downtown hotels - $7.00

Walk-up limousine service $42.00/hour

(702) 740-4040

Gray Line Tours of Southern

Nevada/Coach USA

7:00 a.m. - 1:30 a.m.

To Strip hotels - $5.50

Downtown hotels - $7.50

Off-Strip hotels - $9.00 - $12.00

(702) 739-5700

(800) 559-9522

ODS

Open 24 hours

Strip hotels - $5.00

Downtown hotels - $6.50

Walk-up limousine - $42.00

Walk-up sedan - $27.00

(702) 876-2222

Showtime Shuttle

7:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.

Strip: $5.00

Downtown: $6.50

Handicapped accessible with 24-hour notice

(702) 261-6101

Ok Jenn, Holly, Katie, Perrin and whoever else, I am going solo this year so I am gonna be your shadow, so Can I follow ya on the shuttle to Chippies

Chris :confused:

Chris!!!

Pervin and I are your roomies. Ya think we'll be missing the Chippies? Um...NO! And we won't let you wander off by yourself when there's hot man meat to be oggled!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we'd get thrown out of GALS for letting a lusty friend miss the men....it's against the code, dontcha know!

But yeah, like there won't be the sound of giggling and dirty jokes for all of us to follow to the show...

I'm so excited girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen