Gerard Butler GALS

Do you think i need to ask permission?

:wave:

I was just wanting some advice from my fellow gals really. I had a meeting today with my soon to be Art Tutor and she was telling me about the topic's and project's that i would cover in my course. For our end of year exibition we can submit a portrait and we can choose anyone as long as they are an inspiration to us. I've always wanted to paint Mr B and the drawing i did of him that is in the gals gallery is the reason i was accepted onto my course, so i thought it only fitting that my end project should be of him too.

I know it might be strange to say i want to ask permission, but as my work will be on public display in the glass gallery at college, i thought it would be courteous to do so. I was wondering if i should PM Tonya if possible or would it be better to go through International Creative Management.

Hope i don't sound completely nuts and i'm sure he would be ok with it, but i wouldn't want to presume or do anything to offend him.

Any ideas gals,

With Respect

Simone x

Laws differ in the UK from the US. Over here, you cannot really get into issues unless you are trying to profit from someone's image without having their signed release. I think that sketches and paintings for school would fall under "fair use," just like doing a dramatic scene for theatre class without having to pay the royalty since it's for educational purposes.

Again, the laws here are different, but that seems logical to *me.*

I'm sorry I just couldn't pass this up. I want to paint Gerry too...his arms, his legs, his chest....sorry my mind went in the gutter as soon as I saw "I want to paint Gerry"

I can't help you out with any advice as far as your question goes. Sorry!

I'm sorry I just couldn't pass this up. I want to paint Gerry too...his arms, his legs, his chest....sorry my mind went in the gutter as soon as I saw "I want to paint Gerry"

I can't help you out with any advice as far as your question goes. Sorry!

I meant paint him onto canvas Suz, not paint him with chocolate sauce etc....

How is the gutter today?????

:funnyabove: :funnypost: :rotflmao:

Yes, we are always :heat: in the Gutter... I trip *thunk* into it every single day and hour... :thud: Light my fire, MopBoy! :spontaneous:

:wave: Suz! Its so good to see you adding your 'two bits' of lust to our posts. :goodjob2:

E'sEnglishRose, Welcome :rose: to Gals and the Gutter... Be careful on that first step, Hon. It's a dozzie!

Edited by givemeabeach